What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DRAFT] FBG Polling Mock (1 Viewer)

Phil Savage selects?

• DeAngelo Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Allen

• Manny Lawson

• Bobby Carpenter

• Jimmy Williams

• Antonio Cromartie

• Brodrick Bunkley

• Chad Jackson

• Santonio Holmes

• Ernie Sims

• Kamerion Wimbley

• Tye Hill

• Eric Winston

• Marcus McNeill

• Donte Whitner

• Total voters

Chaos Commish

Footballguy
1.01 Texans Reggie Bush 80%

1.02 Saints D'Brick Ferguson 54%

1.03 Titans Matt Leinart 81%

1.04 Jets Mario Williams 86%

1.05 Packers AJ Hawk 73%

1.06 49ers Vernon Davis 70%

1.07 Raiders Vince Young 59%

1.08 Bills Winston Justice 58%

1.09 Lions Michael Huff 54%

1.10 Cardinals Jay Cutler 46%

1.11 Rams Haloti Ngata 48%

1.12 Cleveland Browns taking votes

Hmmm. Lots of needs here. Most of the talk has been about defensive front, but the defense in general seems like the biggest concern. Still, BPA seems to be the smartest thing here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Simms and Wimbley, but Bunkley would be a beast at end in a 3-4.
I agree and I voted for him. But something seemed to lift Wimbley after FSU's Pro Day. Cleveland was there in force, and the Bunkley talk seemed to slow down and Wimbley was suddenly this high. :dunno:I think the loss of Shelton looms large for this team. I can see them taking an OL despite being adamant about defense, pass rushers and run stuffers.

I think the loss of Shelton looms large for this team. I can see them taking an OL despite being adamant about defense, pass rushers and run stuffers.
Even after acquiring Kevin Shaffer and LeCharles Bentley?

I think the loss of Shelton looms large for this team. I can see them taking an OL despite being adamant about defense, pass rushers and run stuffers.
Bentley won't play tackle, so he doesn't count. A great upgrade, no doubt. Thank God the Eagles didn't get him. Shaffer is a decent player for a 7th rounder a few years ago, but is he the answer at LT? Shelton was starting to look like it. Faine, Andruzzi, Bentley... you're right. Stick with defense.

You guys voting Wimbley, sell me on him please.

What makes you believe he can play in space?

Are you willing to risk the #12 pick on a guy who would have to change positions? (Disclaimer: I voted for Bunkley who would play end for the browns. I tend to think the chnage from DT to DE in a 3-4 is significantly less then DE to OLB/)

I think the loss of Shelton looms large for this team.  I can see them taking an OL despite being adamant about defense, pass rushers and run stuffers.
Bentley won't play tackle, so he doesn't count. A great upgrade, no doubt. Thank God the Eagles didn't get him. Shaffer is a decent player for a 7th rounder a few years ago, but is he the answer at LT? Shelton was starting to look like it. Faine, Andruzzi, Bentley... you're right. Stick with defense.
wasn't all that impressed with Shelton.obviously, neither was Savage.

that said, i wouldn't be opposed to OL help.

wasn't all that impressed with Shelton.obviously, neither was Savage.

that said, i wouldn't be opposed to OL help.
I didn't watch much Cleveland football. I did a read an article back in January sometime where Savage was pretty pleased with LJ'd development and thought he had LT under control. :shrug:

Are you willing to risk the #12 pick on a guy who would have to change positions? (Disclaimer: I voted for Bunkley who would play end for the browns. I tend to think the chnage from DT to DE in a 3-4 is significantly less then DE to OLB/)
I voted Bunkley, but I've scouted a bunch scouting reports and opinions on Wimbley. I'll close this one in a minute and share my what I've read.

Are you willing to risk the #12 pick on a guy who would have to change positions?  (Disclaimer: I voted for Bunkley who would play end for the browns.  I tend to think the chnage from DT to DE in a 3-4 is significantly less then DE to OLB/)
I voted Bunkley, but I've scouted a bunch scouting reports and opinions on Wimbley. I'll close this one in a minute and share my what I've read.
Thanks. I've read a few reports. Most say he may have to change positions in the pros. The only thing these reports have convinced me is he'll be able to rush the passer.

When became sort of obvious Dallas may favor Wimbley over Lawson, I got real curious. I have a mancrush on Lawson. Just some notes from what I've read.

Wimbley is one of the drafts high character guys. Very high.

He is one of the hardest workers and best interviews out there.

He lives for football.

He "wants it more than anyone else" is how I read it somewhere.

He is almost at the "freak athlete" level.

Very strong, very explosive, very lean, very quick.

He is in phenomenal condition.

He dove right into the OLB conversion idea (Lawson fights it).

Wimbley didn't look good in LB drills at the combine.

He looked awesome a couple weeks later at his pro day.

He worked hard to get those things down.

He learns fast and there's little worry about him playing OLB in a 3-4.

But he also has a frame that can add about 20 pounds, so he could end up a very nice 4-3 DE.

When became sort of obvious Dallas may favor Wimbley over Lawson, I got real curious. I have a mancrush on Lawson. Just some notes from what I've read.

Wimbley is one of the drafts high character guys. Very high.

He is one of the hardest workers and best interviews out there.

He lives for football.

He "wants it more than anyone else" is how I read it somewhere.

He is almost at the "freak athlete" level.

Very strong, very explosive, very lean, very quick.

He is in phenomenal condition.

He dove right into the OLB conversion idea (Lawson fights it).

Wimbley didn't look good in LB drills at the combine.

He looked awesome a couple weeks later at his pro day.

He worked hard to get those things down.

He learns fast and there's little worry about him playing OLB in a 3-4.

But he also has a frame that can add about 20 pounds, so he could end up a very nice 4-3 DE.
thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread