What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DRAFT HAS STARTED: When to draft Guice? (1 Viewer)

Avery

Footballguy
Three player PPR keeper league, start 2-3RB, when would you draft Guice?

Top rookie backs go early (round 1 which plays more like round 4 because of keepers - no "pick penalty" for keepers) I think he'll be keeper worthly and RBs are highly valued so when do you pick him knowing that you won't get any return on your investment this year.

Would love to hear your thoughts... quickly as the draft is rolling!  :thumbup:

There's just not enough information.  Would need to know who else was available.  Who your other keepers are and so forth.  I wouldn't hurt your team this year for a player that might help you in future years.  It's not a round number I'd shoot for, it's when I think my team is good enough for the current year that drafting him over somebody else available isn't going to make that much of a difference to your team this year.

Somebody will reach for him.  Keepers are great and everything, but play for the now!

There's just not enough information.  Would need to know who else was available.  Who your other keepers are and so forth.  I wouldn't hurt your team this year for a player that might help you in future years.  It's not a round number I'd shoot for, it's when I think my team is good enough for the current year that drafting him over somebody else available isn't going to make that much of a difference to your team this year.

Somebody will reach for him.  Keepers are great and everything, but play for the now!
I don't know who else will be there but this is one of those "in a vaccum" question so just like "target this guy in the 7th" feel free to take a shot at where you think he should/would go.  :thumbup:

I understand.  It's just easier to say to target someone in a certain round when they are going to be available to play this year.

Me personally, depending on who you keep, I'd want to at least lock up my starting rbs and wrs before I touch Guice.  

I think someone will reach for him but I would personally not take him until the fourth or fifth (assuming as you say that round one acts more like round four)

Get yourself settled for this year (aside from maybe kicker/defense) and then if he's still there, grab and stash him.

As I said, Live for today!  We could all be dead this time next year. LOL

I understand.  It's just easier to say to target someone in a certain round when they are going to be available to play this year.

Me personally, depending on who you keep, I'd want to at least lock up my starting rbs and wrs before I touch Guice.  

I think someone will reach for him but I would personally not take him until the fourth or fifth (assuming as you say that round one acts more like round four)

Get yourself settled for this year (aside from maybe kicker/defense) and then if he's still there, grab and stash him.

As I said, Live for today!  We could all be dead this time next year. LOL
Ha!

Yeah, I always try to win now but with all those picks in round 3 and 4, I figure having him would a a good luxury pick.  Can likely flip him next year for a 2nd/3rd if need be so the risk doesn't seem very high.

Note that all the other rookie backs are gone, except for Jones.  Maybe when he goes, that will be my trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread