What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft is over - DYNASTY RANKING for rookies (1 Viewer)

Sanboy

Footballguy
OK .. the draft is over ... and after months and months of us ranking players ... in regards to skill and yada yada .. now we have actual cement proof of the situation these players are going into ..lets focas on DYNASTY LEAGUE implications ...... 1.K.Jones - Det --------- Steps into what may turn out to be the next great "triplets".......2.J.JOnes - Dall - Parcells in both places he has been has drafted a rookie rb and made him his stud ... ( martin and r.edwards after ) 3.T.Bell - Den ( call me crazy .. but i am scared of him ) -- shot up the draft charts becuse of his speed.. but you cant argue with denver rb's4.K.Winslow - Cle - no argument here.. shockey / tony g better move over a little because this kid is for real ...5.L.Fitz - Arz - is not going to be double coveraged right from the start with Boldin on the other side.. so this is a great situation to be in .. except for the fact that they willhave a so so Qb6.R.Williams Det - starting along side C.Rodgers another young future stud.. this could help or hinder the stats of both or 1 of them . so a little worried about that . but atleast he walks into a starting gig 7.E.Manning -NYG - nuff said .. personally i think the kid will bust ..but you have to atleast from the start rank him pretty high since he is walking into a decent team and from what it looks like a starting postiion8.S.Jackson - STL - Faulk = 4 games at least hurt 9.B.Roeth - Pitt. - will be good 10. C.Perry - Cin -- Rudi signed a 1 year deal . there is a reason that the bengals took him so early ... howbout we see if rudi isnt a flash in the pan 11. R.Williams12. B.Troupe - you cant argue with the titans production from the tight end position

In leagues where RBs have more value then WRs - which is how most leagues are, I cannot imagine how any WR would go ahead of the top 5 RBs. Are Roy, Larry, and Reggie (among others) GREAT prospects? You bet they are. But WRs are so difficult to gauge that I'd gladly take a top-tier RB over a top-tier WR.

For example, lets look at 2001 - 10 WRs went in the first 2 rounds. 6 RBs went in the first 2 rounds.

Of the RBs, I'd say that Tomlinson, Deuce, T. Henry, Kevan Barlow, and Michael Bennett all hold top-20 value in dynasty leagues. Only Lamont Jordan has yet to play to his 2nd round pick status.

Of the WRs, I'd say that Chad Johnson and Chris Chambers have top-20 value, Koren Robinson and Santana Moss are close, and Reggie Wayne, Rod Gardner, and Robert Ferguson still retain starter/depth value. Quincy Morgan, Freddie Mitchell, and David Terrell are all still waiting to break through. Only CJ and Chambers have even hinted at the consistancy necessary to be true WR contributors on leagues that are 16 teams are smaller. Thats not to say that some or all of those guys won't end up as long term FF studs since WR develops a bit slower, but we are now going into their 4th years, with about a 20% payoff from the position.

So...

1. K. Jones

2. J. Jones

3. S. Jackson

4. T. Bell / C. Perry

5. C. Perry/ T. Bell

6. Roy Williams

7. Larry Fitzgerald

8. Kellen Winslow II

9. Eli Manning

10. Reggie Williams

11. Lee Evans

12. Ben Rothlisberger

13. Rashaun Woods

14. Greg Jones

15. Michael Jenkins

16. Michael Clayton

17. JP Losman

18. Phillip Rivers

19. Ben Troupe

20. Keary Colbert

Colin

Running Backs

1. Kevin Jones

2. Stephen Jackson

3. Tatum Bell

4. Julius Jones

5. Cedric Cobbs

6. Greg Jones

7. Chris Perry

Tight Ends

1. Kellen Winslow

2. Ben Troupe

3. Ben Watson

4. Chris Cooley

Wide Receiver

1. Roy Willams

2. Larry Fitzgerald

3. Lee Evans

4. Reggie Williams

5. Rashaun Woods

6. Michael Clayton

7. Devard Darling

8. Michael Jenkins

9. Devery Henderson

10. Derrick Hamilton

11. Keary Colbert

Quarterbacks

1. Ben Roethisberger

2. Eli Manning

3. LP Losman

4. Phillip Rivers

OVERALL

1. Kevin Jones

2. Stephen Jackson

3. Tatum Bell

4. Kellen Winslow

5. Julius Jones

6. Roy Williams

7. Larry Fitzgerald

8. Lee Evans

9. Reggie Williams

10. Rashaun Woods

11. Cedric Cobbs

12. Greg Jones

13. Chris Perry

14. Michael Clayton

15. Devard Darling

16. Michael Jenkins

17. Ben Roethisberger

18. Eli Manning

19. Devery Henderson

20. Derrick Hamilton

21. Keary Colbert

22. Ben Troupe

23. Ben Watson

24. JP Losman

25. Phillips Rivers

Based on needs the top 25 overall will vary a lot from team to team. As you can see, I'm not high on drafting QB's early. My sleepers are Devard Darling and Derrick Hamilton. Chris Cooley could also be a nice later round steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Kevin Jones

Tremendous speed and quickness, built for turf. Should be able to beat out Pinner, but there is a real RBBC possibility if Jones proves unable to get the short yards (even Barry had a GL back). The Lions offense is greatly improving talent-wise, but there is no way to know how they will gel. They now have arguably better skill positions in Harrington/Williams/Rogers/Jones than Mariucci had in SF (although all four of the key guys are very unproven). Jones also needs to get away from his father. Seriously.

2) Tatum Bell

I was not in love with this guy, but he got drafted into the perfect system for a speedy one-cut back. The similarities to Portis coming out of college are eerie. Beating out Hearst isn't really a long-term issue, and I think the writing is on the wall for Griffin with this pick. Fumblitis concerns in college but you almost never see a good back's NFL career derailed due to fumbles (although you hear endless threats from the coaches). Said to have average vision, but you don't need great vision in the Denver system (I think--correct me if I am wrong). One downside with the Denver RB, in my opinion, is that they always get major injuries.

3) Steven Jackson

Jackson does not have home run speed. He is not the perfect back. He is a very solid all-around back, though, with high intelligence (for an RB) and good vision. I don't understand the Edge comparisons, as he lacks Edge's great speed or erstwhile cutting ability, but he reminds me a lot of Shaun Alexander. I think that Jackson probably has about 1 year of mentorship under Marshall (with 1-3 starts due to injury), and gets the gig next year. I am willing to wait a year for the keys to the Rams offense.

4) Julius Jones

I struggled putting this guy at #4, but I really think that the three above him have a solid chance to be top 5 FF backs in their careers. Julius Jones also has the chance, but I view his upside as closer to #10--still not too shabby. Jones has good all-around game and nice quickness and vision. Parcells seems to favor a workhorse back, and there is zero competition barring a trade, so Jones has the best short-term situation. The problems: Dallas does not have a good O Line, or a good offense period. While you can bet that Parcells and Jerry Jones want to improve those, it's not clear whether they will be able to, as they have substantial holes at all skill positions. I'm tempted to say that the smart play is to draft Julius Jones earlier than Jackson and then try to trade for Jackson after the rookie season, but that is pretty risky, as the Jackson owner may be in love with him.

5) Chris Perry

This is a controversial ranking, I'm sure. But Marvin drafted Perry in the first round above K Jones for a reason. Perry has gotten a lot of heat on these boards, but he is very similar to Jackson: a very good all-around back. As a Michigan fan, I've watched this guy a lot and he is clearly better than A Train, who has had good success in the NFL. Cincinatti is also a great offense, reminiscent of the Seahawks. The big question is whether Perry has a shot to be the starter. I was so wrong about Griffin that I am hesitant to make a prediction here. So there is a lot of risk here, but Perry has real potential to be a top 10 RB for a while.

6) Reggie Williams

Another WTF ranking. I recently argued that situation shouldn't matter much for WR's, but I just have bad vibes about Fitz in AZ and Roy in Detroit. Both have very talented WR's across the field from them, and it's hard to see how things shake out, especially since they both have unproven QB's. I could easily see Boldin, Fitz, Roy & Charles each having 1000 yards and 8 TD's making them the four most talented WR2's in fantasy football. As for Reggie, he is a very good WR, although probably not quite as good as Fitz or Roy. He does have an extraordinary young QB hurling him the ball, and he should be the #1 WR there for a while (although we said that about Charles & Anquan before). Great talent + Great QB + Soft division + Florida weather = great WR prospect.

7) Roy Williams

What can I say about this guy. I think that in all the Fitzgerald hype, people are forgetting just how good Roy Williams is. Reading articles about the prospects I was sure Fitzgerald was the best WR out there. But watching the highlights, Williams was just incredible. His speed, strength and determination to be great are extraordinary. Williams has real top-5 potential at WR, and my bet is that we look back at Roy Williams as the best WR out of the '03 an '04 classes. One problem with relying on highlights is that, well, they are just highlights, and they don't show you the times he doesn't show up. I've heard people say that Roy doesn't play hard all the time, but honestly who would play hard for Mack Brown? That said, he does have the potential to be another David Terrell, but basically I think he is just a more talented Andre Johnson.

8) Kellen Winslow the Second

I wish he had been drafted, well, anywhere but the Browns. This is probably the worst franchise in football right now, and my opinion of Butch Davis could not be lower. However, Jeff Garcia at QB helps a lot and he likes the shorter throws where Kellen should excel. There is no question that Kellen is a great talent and I think we'd all be surprised if he isn't a top 5 FF TE for a while (although he may struggle for the first year or two, and may hold out).

9) Larry Fitzgerald

No, I don't think he'll last to #9 in any leagues. I am officially sold on Fitz's talent and character. He reminds me a lot of Marvin Harrison without the speed and the Jerry Rice comparisons are also fair. He also has a coach who is in love with the guy, so he should get a lot of balls thrown his way. I trust Denny Green's judgment on QB's more than mine, so we'll see. I haven't really seen much of McNown. However, as EBF has pointed out, Fitz did struggle mightily against the one "NFL" defense he faced, the hurricanes, and I don't know how he will do against NFL corners. I think that we are looking at one or two years of struggle (800 & 6) before he really breaks out as a top 10 WR. Let's remember that he was only a stud at college for one year; he still has a lot to learn (but he does have the ability and drive to do so)

9B) Maurice Clarett (if he makes it, depending on the team)

10) Eli Manning

I don't like taking rookie QB's in dynasty, but hey he's a Manning so it's worth a gamble (no, I'm not kidding). His situation is worse than it seems--by the time Eli has learned the NFL game, Toomer will be a bit old. Shockey is nice but not enough to make a QB great. The Giants also have no offensive line and have no first round pick until 2006. They also play in cold weather, which is never good for a dynasty QB.

11) Rashaun Woods

I really like this guy. He apparently ran the best routes in college football, and has very large hands. He also has good size. Speed is neither a strength nor a weakness. I do not think this guy is just a possession receiver. I expect him to be the #1 receiver in a good vertical offense (I think SF will be fine). I will never understand taking Michael Jenkins over this guy.

12) Lee Evans

Tremendous, tremendous speed. Great hands, supposedly the strongest in the draft. I think of him as a better version of Santana Moss or Steve Smith, and a worse version of Chris Chambers. Playing alongside Moulds should help both of them. I have no opinion on Losman. I don't like the fact that he plays in the toughest defensive division in the NFL.

13) Michael Clayton

Keyshawn Johnson without the attitude. Or if you are feeling more charitable, a taller Hines Ward (I think that is quite charitable, but plausible). I think Gruden would have greatly preferred Evans. I like Clayton's character, and I think he will probably live up to his potential; I just don't think his potential is that high.

13B) Mike Williams (if he makes it)

14) Cedric Cobbs

I don't like Cobbs' situation at all. In MMQB King mentioned that the pats traded for Dillon because they expect 3 1200-yard seasons out of the guy. That is a long time to sit on an RB that is talented but not all-world. This is largely because I don't like the prospects that follow very much, and Dillon has enough recent injury / sanity issues that Cobbs could get some starts. I don't know how well Cobbs catches the ball; if he can't catch, it hurts his FF value a lot in NE.

15) Michael Jenkins

My hunch is that this guy will be a bust. He has good measurables, but he never really had the commitment to be great in college. I think he and price will be the overrated and overrateder tandem in Atlanta, but then if Vick is ever going to live up to his potential, a big speedy back like Jenkins could be the beneficiary.

16) Devard Darling

I think somebody will step up in Baltimore this year, and my guess is Darling. He seemed to have a lot of physical talent in WSU, and he's had to mature a lot in life, so I think he's very mentally ready for the pros. I can't say that I like Boller (side note: why are berkeley athletes always such idiots? I cringed throughout his "cold pizza" thing during the draft), but again, Darling alone seems to have #1 potential on that team (although Moore has a shot too).

17) Ben Troupe

I don't like drafting TE's unless they seem like real studs. TE is such a situation-dependent position; it seems like the true studs are the #1 receiving options on their teams. I don't see Troupe beating out Mason or Bennett in Tennessee.

T-100) Greg Jones, Ben Watson, Michael Turner

Yuck. Sorry guys. Better luck in your next lives.

Top 12:1. Kevin Jones 2. Julius Jones3. Tatum Bell4. Kellen Winslow5. Steven Jackson6. Larry Fitzgerald7. Reggie Williams8. Eli Manning9. Roy Williams10. Lee Evans11. Cedric Cobbs12. Michael Clayton

2) Tatum Bell

I was not in love with this guy, but he got drafted into the perfect system for a speedy one-cut back.  The similarities to Portis coming out of college are eerie.  Beating out Hearst isn't really a long-term issue, and I think the writing is on the wall for Griffin with this pick.  Fumblitis concerns in college but you almost never see a good back's NFL career derailed due to fumbles (although you hear endless threats from the coaches).  Said to have average vision, but you don't need great vision in the Denver system (I think--correct me if I am wrong).  One downside with the Denver RB, in my opinion, is that they always get major injuries.
Keep in mind that Denver's "SYSTEM" is due to take a tumble. They lost their OL coach and the OL is getting old (I believe?).

15) Michael Jenkins

My hunch is that this guy will be a bust. He has good measurables, but he never really had the commitment to be great in college. I think he and price will be the overrated and overrateder tandem in Atlanta, but then if Vick is ever going to live up to his potential, a big speedy back like Jenkins could be the beneficiary.
I basically agree with your negative assessment of Jenkins, but he is not a "speedy" player, being timed at 4.6 at the combine. He's more likely to emerge as a possession receiver with Price being the vertical threat.

EBF,I know you have a system that you like to use, but you're telling me that you don't believe the 2nd RB off the board on Saturday is worth a pick in the first round of a 12 team league?Colin

Of all the WR's taken in the first round I think Jenkins is most likely to become a big disappointment in the NFL. He just looks so completely average whenever I see him. He looks like a star on paper, but he doesn't play to his timed 40 speed and doesn't look like a particularly special player. I think he's the second coming of Tai Streets.

I'm not a Perry guy. He should probably be in that 12th spot instead of Clayton, but I don't see him as a future star.

I basically agree with your negative assessment of Jenkins, but he is not a "speedy" player, being timed at 4.6 at the combine. He's more likely to emerge as a possession receiver with Price being the vertical threat.
From NFL.com: LINKMichael Jenkins (6-4 3/8, 217) ran the 40s in 4.38 and 4.42 seconds. He had a 34-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-6 long jump, ran 4.31 in the short shuttle and 6.93 in three-cone drill.

From NFL.com: LINK

Michael Jenkins (6-4 3/8, 217) ran the 40s in 4.38 and 4.42 seconds. He had a 34-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot-6 long jump, ran 4.31 in the short shuttle and 6.93 in three-cone drill.
Weird. I was going off this.
AGILITY TESTS

4.6 in the 40-yard dash … 290-pound bench press … 500-pound squat … 280-pound power clean … 34½-inch vertical jump … 10-foot-5 broad jump … 3.76 in the 20-yard shuttle … 33-inch arm length … 10-inch hands … Right-handed.
Maybe that's a misprint or a number from a different workout.

Keep in mind that Denver's "SYSTEM" is due to take a tumble. They lost their OL coach and the OL is getting old (I believe?).
I agree, I think that Portis got out of there at the right time. The sys. wil still be good, but not as good as in the past IMO. As they say, all good things must come to an end.

9) Larry Fitzgerald

No, I don't think he'll last to #9 in any leagues. I am officially sold on Fitz's talent and character. He reminds me a lot of Marvin Harrison without the speed and the Jerry Rice comparisons are also fair. He also has a coach who is in love with the guy, so he should get a lot of balls thrown his way. I trust Denny Green's judgment on QB's more than mine, so we'll see. I haven't really seen much of McNown. However, as EBF has pointed out, Fitz did struggle mightily against the one "NFL" defense he faced, the hurricanes, and I don't know how he will do against NFL corners. I think that we are looking at one or two years of struggle (800 & 6) before he really breaks out as a top 10 WR. Let's remember that he was only a stud at college for one year; he still has a lot to learn (but he does have the ability and drive to do so)
Only thiing to add here to EBF's comment.He actually struggled against the TWO "NFL"-caliber DBs he faced. Miami's Rolle and VaTech's Hall.

Only thiing to add here to EBF's comment.He actually struggled against the TWO "NFL"-caliber DBs he faced. Miami's Rolle and VaTech's Hall.
To the credit of both Hall and Rolle, these guys are prob. gonna be stars in this league very soon. Well I guess Rolle will have to wait a year. ;)

Of all the WR's taken in the first round I think Jenkins is most likely to become a big disappointment in the NFL. He just looks so completely average whenever I see him. He looks like a star on paper, but he doesn't play to his timed 40 speed and doesn't look like a particularly special player. I think he's the second coming of Tai Streets.
I think he has huge upside.He didnt get the respect he deserves in college,he had Krenzel throwing to him.I dont think he threw even 10 td`s all year.

I understand that everybody is looking for the next D. Davis, but Kellen Winslow in my mind is the most likely player to become a fantasy stud...he's better than Gonzalez IMO.

Didn't he have TDs in both games and over 100 yards against VTech? I can't remember for sure, but I thought so. That doesn't change my opinion of him, just saying that reasoning might not be so great.

1.Kevin Jones(dropoff)2.(3 way tie) STephen Jackson Tatum Bell Julius Jones(another dropoff) 5.Eli Manning6.Reggie Williams7.Larry Fitzgerald8.Kellen Winslow9.Roy Williams(yet another dropoff)10.Cedric Cobbs11.Chris Perry12.Lee Evans13.Rashaun Woods14.Michael Jenkins15.Ben Roethlisberger16.JP Losman17.Ben Troupe

I understand that everybody is looking for the next D. Davis, but Kellen Winslow in my mind is the most likely player to become a fantasy stud...he's better than Gonzalez IMO.
I think Winslow has as much talent as any TE ever entering the league, but I see a couple things that concern me about his upside as a fantasy TE:The Browns offense hasn't thrown to the TE much at all since they re-entered the league.Jeff Garcia hasn't thrown to the TE much at all during his time in San Francisco.these aren't huge concerns for me and Winslow could probably become the #1 target in Cleveland before long, but I just hope he's not kept in to help block very often since their offensive line still looks like a liability to me.

1)Fitz2)K.Jones3)S.Jackson4)Kellen Winslow Jr5)Roy Williams6)Julius Jones7)Tatem Bell8)Reggie Williams9)Chris Perry10)Eli Manning

I think Winslow has as much talent as any TE ever entering the league, but I see a couple things that concern me about his upside as a fantasy TE:The Browns offense hasn't thrown to the TE much at all since they re-entered the league.Jeff Garcia hasn't thrown to the TE much at all during his time in San Francisco.these aren't huge concerns for me and Winslow could probably become the #1 target in Cleveland before long, but I just hope he's not kept in to help block very often since their offensive line still looks like a liability to me.
The difference is that K2 is basically a WR posing in a TE's body.Never before did the Browns or the 49ers have anybody near the skills that Winslow has, and the Browns would be foolish to not utilize Winslow as a weapon as often as possible.Winslow automatically becomes the Browns #1 receiving option and I'd expect him to line up off the line as a WR just as much as he is on the O-Line as a TE.I mean how do you cover the guy...he's just as fast and has as good of hands and run after the catch ability as most of the top WR's, but 25lbs heavier. He'll destroy the CB's of the league with his physical play if they try to cover him, and he'll run right around and past any safeties or LB's that try to cover him.On top of this he's Butch Davis' boy out of Miami and because most of the past years 1st round picks haven't lived up to expectations, Butch Davis will use Winslow to save face to show everyone he knows what he's doing with his 1st round picks now.K2 is an absolute weapon, and he'll be used as such right out of the gate his rookie year.

Winslow could probably become the #1 target in Cleveland before long, but I just hope he's not kept in to help block very often since their offensive line still looks like a liability to me.
I would be awestruck if Winslow isn't one of the primary receivers right out of the gates. He is just that good. Butch Davis isn't an offensive genius, but he's also not a moron and neither is Jeff Garcia. I'd say the odds of Winslow becoming a top 5 TE as a rookie are 50/50...as a rookie.

Everyone has a list. I will put my initial list out there for demolishing.I think RBs are still the key.1 Jones, Kevin2 Jones, Julius3 Bell, Tatum4 Williams, Roy5 Fitzgerald, Larry6 Winslow, Kellen7 Williams, Reggie8 Manning, Eli8 Perry, Chris10 Jackson, Steven11 Woods, Rashaun12 Evans, Lee13 Clayton, Michael14 Roethlisberger, Ben15 Rivers, Philip16 Nate Kaeding :eek:

Everyone has a list. I will put my initial list out there for demolishing.I think RBs are still the key.1 Jones, Kevin2 Jones, Julius3 Bell, Tatum4 Williams, Roy5 Fitzgerald, Larry6 Winslow, Kellen7 Williams, Reggie8 Manning, Eli8 Perry, Chris10 Jackson, Steven11 Woods, Rashaun12 Evans, Lee13 Clayton, Michael14 Roethlisberger, Ben15 Rivers, Philip16 Nate Kaeding :eek:
i wish i had you drafting in the first 8 slots ahead of my 1.9 pick in one of my duynasty leagues, i would LOVE to get Jackson that late. I have my fingers crossed i get him with the 4 slot in another draft.

i have to agree i think in most drafts .. s.jackson will fall .. no matter how much you like him .. it will prob be 2 years plus before we benfit from him ... even a dynasty league manager has to hope to get something in a year

I'm obviously still tinkering with the order & I'm prone to weigh heavily in favor of guys with an immediate opportunity, but as of this moment...1) RB Kevin Jones - DET2) RB Tatum Bell - DEN3) RB Julius Jones - DAL4) RB Steven Jackson - STL5) TE Kellen Winslow Jr - CLE6) WR Roy Williams - DET7) WR Larry Fitzgerald - ARI8) WR Reggie Williams - JAC9) QB Eli Manning - NYG10) RB Chris Perry - CIN11) WR Lee Evans - BUF12) QB Phillip Rivers - SD13) WR Reshaun Woods - SF14) WR MIchael Jenkins - ATL15) QB Ben Roethlisberger - PIT16) RB Cedric Cobbs - NE17) WR Devery Henderson - NO18) RB Greg Jones - JAC19) QB J.P. Losman - BUF20) WR Michael Clayton - TBHaven't started factoring in IDPs yet.EDIT to add @ Sanboy:I don't think Steven Jackson will fall very far at all in dynasty rookie drafts. Even if you don't expect him to get significant playing time for several years (not a very realistic expectation, given the amount of time Marshall has missed in recent seasons), the Marshall Faulk owner is likely to draft him as insurance. I could potentially see him falling out of the top 5 depending on team needs in some drafts, but I definitely see him as a top 7-8 pick at the very least.RE-EDIT to include the right Manning.

i agree, but do you take him at 1.1 if you fail to trade down a few notches?

There's just no way you can go K2 at 1.01, unless you're a TE away from the perfect team ... in which case, there's no way you should be drafting at 1.01 in the first place.My dynasty league is more reliant on the QB than most other leagues (at least as far as I can gather). Having said that, my top 10 ...1 - Eli Manning2 - Kevin Jones3 - Julius Jones4 - K25 - Tatum Bell6 - Roy Williams7 - Roth8 - Larry Fitzgerald9 - Steven Jackson10 - Michael JenkinsBuffalo trading up for Losman still mystifies me and the Chargers are going to need a hell of a lot more help on the OL for Rivers to start making any difference.

i agree, but do you take him at 1.1 if you fail to trade down a few notches?
It all depends on how your league is structured obviously. Jones would be hard to pass up because of his situation in most leagues.

There's just no way you can go K2 at 1.01, unless you're a TE away from the perfect team ... in which case, there's no way you should be drafting at 1.01 in the first place.My dynasty league is more reliant on the QB than most other leagues (at least as far as I can gather). Having said that, my top 10 ...1 - Eli Manning2 - Kevin Jones3 - Julius Jones4 - K25 - Tatum Bell6 - Roy Williams7 - Roth8 - Larry Fitzgerald9 - Steven Jackson10 - Michael JenkinsBuffalo trading up for Losman still mystifies me and the Chargers are going to need a hell of a lot more help on the OL for Rivers to start making any difference.
Pop Quiz, how many fantasy QBs were studs in Coughlin's system?Answer: Only one, Brunell for a couple of years.No way do you take Manning before Jones in a standard dynasty league.

OK, I'll play along...1. Kevin Jones2. Julius Jones3. Tatum Bell4. Steven Jackson5. Chris Perry-I'm sure most think I have him too high but I'm a RB guy you don't leave a 1st rounder sitting on the bench for long...if he isn't starting this year he will be in '056. Roy Williams-personal preference over Fitz7. Fitzgerald8. Winslow-I just can't justify taking a TE before the top 7 I listed no matter how good he is9. Reggie Williams- He comes into too nice of a situation to ignore10. Eli Manning11. Rashuan Woods- Another nice situation with no competition12. Lee Evans13. Big Ben- He's above Rivers just because of his supporting cast14. Michael Jenkins15. Phillip Rivers

1. K. Jones 2. J. Jones3. Bell4. Perry5. Jackson6. Roy Williams7. Reggie Williams8. Larry Fitz9. KW210. Woods11. Evans12. Clayton13. Roth14. G Jones15. Jenkins

this is a first year league and i loaded up on QBs, RBs, WRs and played it smart with the IDPs and picked-up some no-name TE's. It would be a "needs" pick, but i do agree that i would be passing up a lot for a rookie TE. but like LH said he does seem like one of the only safe picks.BTW this is why i love fantasy football. decisions, decisions...

just trade down a few notches, pick up another pick like a 2nd rounder or 1st next year, and then draft K2 at a more reasonable pick than reaching at 1.01...There has to be an owner in the top 2-5 just drooling to draft kevin jones...

The biggest problem I have with K2, will he sign on time? The Potson's are already trying to trump him up as the #1 overall pick value...A 12 on the wonderluck wasn't the greatest either...But I do liken his situation very much to K.C.'s with Gonzo, as K2 will be the most talented WR/TE on Clev. from day 1, just as Gonzo is the best WR/TE on K.C.Not to mention the previous relationship with the coaching staff and the big mouth to want to ball... though teams might just double team him constantly since cleveland's offense is pretty pathetic otherwise... atleast Gonzo has a stud RB and OL going for him...

No way do you take Manning before Jones in a standard dynasty league.
He already said it's not a standard dynasty league:
My dynasty league is more reliant on the QB than most other leagues
I play in a league where we start 2QB, 3RB, 4WR and starting QB's are so valuable that I think Manning will be top 5 Rivers will be in the top 10 and it wouldn't surprise me to see Roth & Losman get up there too. But then again, that's also not a standard dynasty league.

15) Michael Jenkins

Where does this "slow" myth come from? He ran under a 4.4 at the OSU pro day. I'd say that is pretty darn fast.

12) Lee Evans

Tremendous, tremendous speed. Great hands, supposedly the strongest in the draft. I think of him as a better version of Santana Moss or Steve Smith, and a worse version of Chris Chambers. Playing alongside Moulds should help both of them. I have no opinion on Losman. I don't like the fact that he plays in the toughest defensive division in the NFL.
ardethan, usually respect what you have to say, but have to question this appraisal.Evans is considered to have the best hands in the draft, whereas Chambers was not considered a "natural" pas catcher. Evans blew away Chambers production in college, breaking the 1,000 yard plateau twice, whereas Chambers barely broke 2,000 his whole college career.

Their speed is arguably the same, 4.3-4.4, vertical leap edge goes to Chambers, 37-42, but hands and routes go to Evans. Chambers is 0.8 inches taller, but 13 pounds heavier.

I would have to say, based on their measurables, and their college production, that Evans is the better WR of the two, definitely not a Smith or Moss, who are smallish WRs at all.

No way do you take Manning before Jones in a standard dynasty league.
He already said it's not a standard dynasty league:
My dynasty league is more reliant on the QB than most other leagues
I play in a league where we start 2QB, 3RB, 4WR and starting QB's are so valuable that I think Manning will be top 5 Rivers will be in the top 10 and it wouldn't surprise me to see Roth & Losman get up there too. But then again, that's also not a standard dynasty league.
We only start one QB, but the points system is stacked heavily on QB play. The guys that founded the league about a decade ago decided that teams generally win or lose on QB play, and wanted that fact to be reflected in the fantasy system.I'm a little suspicious of Lee Evans also. Call it a mental handicap, but I just don't go nuts over WRs under 6 feet.K2 scored a 12 on the Wunderlich? Wow. I'm not sure how much smarts are needed to play TE, but hopefully it's requires about as much intellect as a cover corner.

I would have to say, based on their measurables, and their college production, that Evans is the better WR of the two, definitely not a Smith or Moss, who are smallish WRs at all.
I guess I am not sure what you are saying here. From my perspective, both S. Moss and S. Smith are strong NFL comparisons to L. Evans. All of them are 5.10 or smaller, with Evans being the heaviest by about 10 pounds. Personally, I feel that their style of play is very similar and think that Evans can find the same level of success in the NFL.

I consider them pretty close. I seem to recall Chambers was somewhat faster and had an insane vertical (42" I think?) and really long arms--thus playing taller, even with the same height. Chambers has proven to have pretty good hands in the pro's, but I'll take your word for it that his hands weren't great in college--at any rate they are probably not as good as Evans'.All in all, I would probably agree with your statement that Evans would be a somewhat better prospect coming out of college than Chambers.Evans & Chambers are both (5'11") taller than Moss (5'10") and Smith (5'9") but they would all be considered small for a WR1--although obviously the first two are closer to average.

That sounds like a fun fun league redsox... I'd really doubt Manning would fall past whoever has that 5th pick~ :thumbup: I'd expect the top 3 QBs all to be top 10, with Losman around 12-13.

I guess I am not sure what you are saying here. From my perspective, both S. Moss and S. Smith are strong NFL comparisons to L. Evans. All of them are 5.10 or smaller, with Evans being the heaviest by about 10 pounds.

Personally, I feel that their style of play is very similar and think that Evans can find the same level of success in the NFL.
It wasn't intended to be a knock on Smith or Moss, and I certainly hope Evans has at least the same amount of success.But Evans is 5'11" 197, Smith is 5'9" 185, Moss is 5'10" 185

I do believe the 10Lbs and an inch make a huge difference between whether a WR can play on or off the line. I believe Evans can be a true #1 type WR, whereas Smith and Moss are better suited as #2 WRs as far as where they line up etc.

Users who are viewing this thread