What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft Slot / Keeper Help (WHIR) (1 Viewer)

4th&inches

Footballguy
12-team keeper league. We can keep 4 players (drafted after the 5th round) & i have my choice of draft pick (picks, 1, 2, 3, 6 unavailable).

Keeper Choices (draft round):
  • Austin Ekeler - LAC - 1st
  • Josh Allen - Buf - 3rd
  • Jaylen Waddle - Mia - 9th
  • J.K. Dobbins - Bal - 12th
  • Trey Lance - SF - 13th
  • Eli Mitchell - SF - 17th
  • Amon-Ra St. Brown - Det - 17th

On value alone, I feel like I have to keep: St. Brown & Mitchell.

Which leaves me with the following questions/ decisions:
  1. Who else should I keep?
  2. Which draft spot do I choose (1.04 or 1.12)?
Scenario 1:
I choose 1.04:
  • Draft: Ekeler/Kupp/Henry at 1.04
  • Get picks 2-8
  • Then keep:
  • Waddle in the 9th
  • Dobbins in the 12th
  • E. Mitchell in the 16th
  • St. Brown in the 17th
  • Target a QB in rounds 5-7
Scenario 2:
I choose 1.12:
  • Keep Ekeler at 1.12
  • Draft WR / top TE 2.01
  • Prob keep Allen at 3.12 (or Mitchell at 16.01)
  • Get picks 4-11
  • Keep Dobbins in the 12
  • St. Brown in the 17th
* I can also try to trade Mitchell for a mid-round draft pick.

Leave a link and I'll reply to all responses.

Thank you

Last edited:
He ca
On value I would take Dobbins, Mitchell, and St. Brown. Because you can get Ekeler in the first round, take pick 12 and get the best player in the 2nd
He can’t get pick 12 in scenario 1, if I understand right, but I would still lean pretty strongly toward scenario 1 also. Dobbins and waddle are worth way more than those draft slots imo, and you still have pick 4. Im not really sure what the case for scenario 2 is.

On value I would take Dobbins, Mitchell, and St. Brown. Because you can get Ekeler in the first round, take pick 12 and get the best player in the 2nd
He can’t get pick 12 in scenario 1, if I understand right, but I would still lean pretty strongly toward scenario 1 also. Dobbins and waddle are worth way more than those draft slots imo, and you still have pick 4. Im not really sure what the case for scenario 2 is.

Initially I was all in on scenario 2 because I’m assured a top RB with the 1.12 pick & the best QB with the 3.12 pick. While neither provides as good “value” as the players I’d be throwing back into the pool, the talent is also better.

The more I’ve been mulling it over, the less “sold” I am in either scenario because I have an infatuation with both Ekeler & Allen (from having them on my team previously).

For context, some notable players I know will be kept:

RB’s:
Akers
ETN
AJ Dillon

WR’s:
J. Jefferson
Chase
Deebo
Mike Williams
Sutton
Pittman

QB’s:
Hurts
Herbert
Burrows

In reviewing, I am taking scenario 2 and keeping Allen. I will assume it is a PPR scoring league also. Also, how are the other draft slots assigned?
Thanks for taking the time to post.

League scoring is .5PPR & we hold a “draft lotto”. I pulled the 5th choice and picks 1-3 & 6 were chosen before me.

Just curious on your thoughts on preferring scenario 2 vs. 1.

Thanks again!

I forgot the process of drawing for the choices...

My thoughts are with #2 is that I have Ekeler about 4th overall, thus getting him at #12 is fine, especially with the 2.01 around the corner for the BPA regardless of position. In my views, getting Allen at 3.12 sells me on keeping him. Yes, approximately a "no bonus value pick" (I do have Allen around 36 - 40 overall), I want him on my team. Dobbins at 12th and St. Brown at 17th are great keepers.

If scenario #1, and Ekeler is there, fine, but then I have to wait until 2.9... I would rather have the 2.1 pick and still have Ekeler.

I forgot the process of drawing for the choices...

My thoughts are with #2 is that I have Ekeler about 4th overall, thus getting him at #12 is fine, especially with the 2.01 around the corner for the BPA regardless of position. In my views, getting Allen at 3.12 sells me on keeping him. Yes, approximately a "no bonus value pick" (I do have Allen around 36 - 40 overall), I want him on my team. Dobbins at 12th and St. Brown at 17th are great keepers.

If scenario #1, and Ekeler is there, fine, but then I have to wait until 2.9... I would rather have the 2.1 pick and still have Ekeler.
Thank you the the well thought out response. What you stated are the exact reasons I contemplated the 12th pick.

My reservations came by way of the following:

Is the value of keeping Ekeler at 1.12 & Allen at 3.12 > than drafting Ekeler at 1.04, possibly drafting Allen at 3.04, & then keeping both E. Mitchell & Waddle?

Thanks again

My reservations came by way of the following:

Is the value of keeping Ekeler at 1.12 & Allen at 3.12 > than drafting Ekeler at 1.04, possibly drafting Allen at 3.04, & then keeping both E. Mitchell & Waddle?

the key word is "possibly"...
Absolutely true. I do LOVE Allen and want him as my QB, I’m just torn between:

locking him up for certain & losing out in Mitchell/Waddle

vs.

The additional value Mitchell at 16 + Waddle at 9 provide with that possibility of still getting Allen at 3.04 (or settling on: Lamar/ Kyler/ Mahomes/ Wilson later).

Anyway, thanks again for humoring me while my brain ponders this incessantly

Users who are viewing this thread