What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draft strategy for leagues with random draft order before draft (1 Viewer)

ponchsox

Footballguy
I hate not knowing where I draft before hand but in leagues that have a random draft order 30 min prior, how do you guys prepare for the draft?

Mock out of every spot?

Use DD?

Use VBD and get as many guys in the top 50 as possible?

I typically get a feel for how things will play out by dividing the slots into thirds - beginning slots, middle slots, and slots. If you have a general idea/strategy from this perspective, you will do fine.

I typically get a feel for how things will play out by dividing the slots into thirds - beginning slots, middle slots, and slots. If you have a general idea/strategy from this perspective, you will do fine.
Agreed. I'd do mocks as suggested above, but as long as you have a good sense of where guys are generally coming off the board, you should be fine.

I hate not knowing where I draft before hand but in leagues that have a random draft order 30 min prior, how do you guys prepare for the draft?

Mock out of every spot?

Use DD?

Use VBD and get as many guys in the top 50 as possible?
This. And I do check my work against DD and especially the top 60 list. Also wise to group the tiers to know when you can expect runs to happen. But always, always VBD trumps everything.

Users who are viewing this thread