What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drew Brees - Dislocated Shoulder (1 Viewer)

gbill2004

Footballguy
Chargers | Brees dislocates shoulder; more tests comingSat, 31 Dec 2005 17:43:06 -0800KIOZ 105.3 FM, in San Diego, Calif., reports, San Diego Chargers QB Drew Brees (shoulder) suffered a dislocated throwing shoulder, according to head coach Marty Schottenheimer. Brees will undergo more testing to determine if he injured the labrum in his shoulder, which would also determine if he needs surgery. Schottenheimer said the shoulder did pop back into place on its own.

Chargers | Brees dislocates shoulder; more tests coming

Sat, 31 Dec 2005 17:43:06 -0800

KIOZ 105.3 FM, in San Diego, Calif., reports, San Diego Chargers QB Drew Brees (shoulder) suffered a dislocated throwing shoulder, according to head coach Marty Schottenheimer. Brees will undergo more testing to determine if he injured the labrum in his shoulder, which would also determine if he needs surgery. Schottenheimer said the shoulder did pop back into place on its own.
I'm sure most of you saw this one but it looked ugly to me. I was surprised it didn't get more reaction from the announcers.J

KIOZ 105.3 FM, in San Diego, Calif., reports, San Diego Chargers QB Drew Brees (shoulder) suffered a dislocated throwing shoulder, according to head coach Marty Schottenheimer. Brees will undergo more testing to determine if he injured the labrum in his shoulder, which would also determine if he needs surgery. Schottenheimer said the shoulder did pop back into place on its own.
I'm sure most of you saw this one but it looked ugly to me. I was surprised it didn't get more reaction from the announcers.J
If it hadn't been Week 17, or if SD was going to the playoffs, I think it would have...The interesting thing is, what, if anything, does this do to SD'd offseason plans regarding the QB position...

It seems they were going to resign Brees and trade Rivers...

If he needs surgery, I wonder if they rethink that paln...

If it hadn't been Week 17, or if SD was going to the playoffs, I think it would have...The interesting thing is, what, if anything, does this do to SD'd offseason plans regarding the QB position...

If he needs surgery, I wonder if they rethink that paln...
I agree TU.Even if he's ok, the scare is enough to make them reconsider trading away a solid backup QB like that. This league is so dependant on QB play, it's scary.

J

Did not see the hit because I do not have cable. But, I think by this posts reaction is that Brees just lost some millions of dollars.

[petpeeve]Can a filter be put into the forum to automagically replace 'resign' with 're-sign' in posts?[/petpeeve]TIA WAY

re-sign ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-sn)

tr.v. re-·signed, re-·sign·ing, re-·signs

To sign again: re-signed the lease. <--- what is usually intended

re·sign ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-zn)

v. re·signed, re·sign·ing, re·signs

v. tr.

To submit (oneself) passively; accept as inevitable: I resigned myself to a long wait in line.

To give up (a position, for example), especially by formal notification.

To relinquish (a privilege, right, or claim). See Synonyms at relinquish.

v. intr.

To give up one's job or office; quit, especially by formal notification: resign from a board of directors. <--- what the sentence sounds like with the wrong usage

Did not see the hit because I do not have cable. But, I think by this posts reaction is that Brees just lost some millions of dollars.
We'll get the MRI results tomorrow, I presume. If it's just a dislocated shoulder, it's no big deal. If it's a torn labrum, it could be a Chad Pennington situation.

Everyone that was watching the game with me was "Did you see the ball?" and I was, "Did you see the direction his humeris went?"Your arm doesn't bend there......

Did not see the hit because I do not have cable.  But, I think by this posts reaction is that Brees just lost some millions of dollars.
We'll get the MRI results tomorrow, I presume. If it's just a dislocated shoulder, it's no big deal. If it's a torn labrum, it could be a Chad Pennington situation.
:goodposting:

If it's a torn labrum, it could be a Chad Pennington situation.
I would agree if Pennington had surgery on his labrum, but he had rotator cuff surgery...2 different monsters, 2 different rehab prognoses and 2 different QBs.Pennington has questionable arm strength to begin with, Brees has a stronger arm prior to surgery (granted, not a cannon). We all remember Pennington throwing ducks and struggling to throw deep outs earlier this season, but you have to remember that those balls were being thrown after RE-injuring his shoulder, not because he looked like that after surgery (he was thorwing well in the pre-season). Pennington got unlucky by having the same injury in 2 consecutive years, but Brees should be fine and I don't think you can compare one to the other.

Didn't Brady have surgery on his shoulder in the offseason a few years ago?
Tried to find something on this....looks like he had a shoulder injury to the AC Joint (where your clavicle meets your shoulder blade) but let it heal with rest from the end of the season through late spring in 2003.

Word from Adam Schefter on the NFL Network is that it's a fairly significant injury, and will require surgery.
No official word from the Chargers on this yet. Info on the NFL Network is from "an unnamed Charger source."

Word from Adam Schefter on the NFL Network is that it's a fairly significant injury, and will require surgery.
No official word from the Chargers on this yet. Info on the NFL Network is from "an unnamed Charger source."
Ouch - wonder what the rehab time for that is?I've been of the opinion that Rivers can give the Chargers at least 80% what Brees brings for 1/10th of the cost, but I hate seeing this type of situation have an effect on who the Bolts signal caller in '06 is.

A very dark day for the Charger franchise yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread