What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drew Davis (1 Viewer)

Squintz82

Footballguy
Anyone think he's a decent plug and play this week? I figure the Panthers defense might be a challenge for Ryan, but about the same as the Cards were.

I grabbed him and David Nelson to fill in as my last WR, but I'm in injury/bye week hell at WR. Still trying to decide between the two on who to start. If you need some one for one week, he looks like a guy you can take a chance on.

He's one of the guys I'm looking at along with guys like Dobson, Doug Baldwin, and a few others.

Only thing that concerns me is the matchup as I think Carolina's front is gonna have it's way with ATL's o-line.

I like him rest of year. He seems to be Julio's replacement. So even when/if Roddy returns, Douglas will likely move inside to the slot. So Davis will get plenty of snaps, in a passing offense. Should be good value in PPR, although Gonzalez will still be the primary red zone target. If Davis can catch 7 balls for 80 yards, I'll gladly take the 15 points.

I like him rest of year. He seems to be Julio's replacement. So even when/if Roddy returns, Douglas will likely move inside to the slot. So Davis will get plenty of snaps, in a passing offense. Should be good value in PPR, although Gonzalez will still be the primary red zone target. If Davis can catch 7 balls for 80 yards, I'll gladly take the 15 points.
I'm curious about this as well - and no one seems to be talking about it. If I'm not mistaken, Davis was directly behind Julio on the depth chart with Douglas behind White... obviously the depth charts are now updated reflecting injury situations, so neither White nor Jones is showing up on their official depth chart.

Regardless, the Falcons cannot run to save their lives and are 4th in passing offense. If Davis holds the Julio role after White's return with Douglas kicking into the slot, he should retain value.

I'm curious about this as well - and no one seems to be talking about it. If I'm not mistaken, Davis was directly behind Julio on the depth chart with Douglas behind White... obviously the depth charts are now updated reflecting injury situations, so neither White nor Jones is showing up on their official depth chart.

Regardless, the Falcons cannot run to save their lives and are 4th in passing offense. If Davis holds the Julio role after White's return with Douglas kicking into the slot, he should retain value.
Roddy White is listed as ahead of Davis

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/depth-chart.html

Anything to see with Darius Johnson in deep dynasties? UDFA, had a few catches recently. I didn't see the game.

Rotoworld:

Drew Davis played on 71-of-83 snaps in Sunday's loss at Arizona.
Over the last two weeks, Davis has played 87.0 percent of the snaps. It led to a breakout Week 8 performance that included five catches for 77 yards and a touchdown. The problem, of course, is that Roddy White (hamstring, ankle) could be back as soon as this week. At that point, Davis won't be getting enough playing time to be worth a start.

Related: Roddy White

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Rotoworld:

Drew Davis played on 71-of-83 snaps in Sunday's loss at Arizona.
Over the last two weeks, Davis has played 87.0 percent of the snaps. It led to a breakout Week 8 performance that included five catches for 77 yards and a touchdown. The problem, of course, is that Roddy White (hamstring, ankle) could be back as soon as this week. At that point, Davis won't be getting enough playing time to be worth a start.

Related: Roddy White

Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
True. But White didn't practice yesterday.

Is anyone really thinking Roddy is going to be fully healthy the rest of the year though? So he probably sits again this week and then next week he gets back to "limping around/65%" status and goes back to his earlier decoy role and grabs 3 for 24. Roddy's done. I'd need to see 2, probably 3 straight double digit point weeks out of him before I could insert him back into my lineup. Davis has flashed some of that "who's that guy" potential at times in the past and now HD will draw the best CBs in coverage and Gonzo gets vice gripped by 2 guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old men don't recover as quickly, believe me I know it. We could be a seeing the future. Who knows how Julio/Roddy will look next year? Feet/hammys are a tricky thing...

Rest of the season? I think Roddy comes back. That's half the season still. Say you are wrong and Roddy comes back and puts up 7-99-1 his first week back. 22 PPR points. I'd have a hard time not rolling with him right after that.

Is anyone really thinking Roddy is going to be fully healthy the rest of the year though? So he probably sits again this week and then next week he gets back to "limping around/65%" status and goes back to his earlier decoy role and grabs 3 for 24. Roddy's done. I'd need to see 2, probably 3 straight double digit point weeks out of him before I could insert him back into my lineup. Davis has flashed some of that "who's that guy" potential at times in the past and now HD will draw the best CBs in coverage and Gonzo gets vice gripped by 2 guys.
Lol this reeks of desperation and wishful thinking. Someone owns Davis and not roddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh. Dropped mccluster last second for him when roddy was declared out. Would have score more with dexter who only had 6 yards.

Users who are viewing this thread