What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drew Henson to NFLE (1 Viewer)

Bri

Footballguy
Drew Henson, QB (Dal) The Dallas Cowboys have allocated Henson to NFL Europe in hopes of getting him some much-needed experience. The quarterback, who inked an eight-year contract with Dallas after being acquired from the Houston Texans in 2004, spent the 2005 campaign buried on the depth chart behind Drew Bledsoe and Tony Romo.

Is this man ever going to prove to be a talent at any professional sport? I think that's what we all want to know.

IMO he should have been sent there a while ago.Some teams sign and send the mandatory # of players and don't use it for much of anything. Others use it as a developmental league. It'd be interesting to look at parcells+the boys history. It might tell ya they don't think much of Henson

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this man ever going to prove to be a talent at any professional sport? I think that's what we all want to know.
Judging by the posts around here when he first got traded to Dallas, he was a first ballot hall of famer. He was slated to head to Canton along with Maurice Morris and Tatum Bell.

As a Henson supporter here, I firmly believe he still has the potential.But so did Billy Beane. ;)Sadly, they probably share the same fate.

i for one cant wait to see him play over therei think he should've started the entire second half of last season when Dallas was in the tank with Vinny Testaverde out there....

Drew Henson, QB (Dal) The Dallas Cowboys have allocated Henson to NFL Europe in hopes of getting him some much-needed experience. The quarterback, who inked an eight-year contract with Dallas after being acquired from the Houston Texans in 2004, spent the 2005 campaign buried on the depth chart behind Drew Bledsoe and Tony Romo.
Where to? I go to two or three Frankfurt Galaxy games a year so hopefully I'll get to see him throw a few INTs when he's in town.

Drew Henson, QB (Dal)  The Dallas Cowboys have allocated Henson to NFL Europe in hopes of getting him some much-needed experience. The quarterback, who inked an eight-year contract with Dallas after being acquired from the Houston Texans in 2004, spent the 2005 campaign buried on the depth chart behind Drew Bledsoe and Tony Romo.
Where to? I go to two or three Frankfurt Galaxy games a year so hopefully I'll get to see him throw a few INTs when he's in town.
Players are allocated X amount of days after a team's season is over. Of course they gotta wait for the teams still playing. The others are scouted and discussed and then there's a draft of sorts. So we don't know yet, he might not even be chosen by one of the teams

Maybe he'll pick up cricket while he's over there, and the Pakistan national team will overpay for him.

Henson says this was his decision

tossed around the thought of coming to NFL Europe last year with the Cowboys, but it wasn’t good timing. I just came back from playing baseball with the New York Yankees so that wasn’t really a good time. When playing at quarterback the fastest way to improve is to get game reps and this is the best and only option. I don’t know if the Cowboys organization would’ve asked me to come over here, but I went to our owner Jerry Jones and said: ‘If you guys want me to come to NFL Europe then I’m all for it.’

I want to be a starting quarterback in the NFL, so the fastest way for me to improve is to play games. Practice is good, but it only can go so far. Watching from the sidelines helps, but the fastest way for me to make progress is to play games. On top of playing football, how often do you get the chance to go to Europe, spend three months and live for free at age 25. That was my thinking about this decision initially. I’ll get back from Europe around the same time that they finish the off season program. I’ll still have the same break that my teammates will before the start of training camp. I’ll play ten or eleven games whereas if I stay here, I’ll just have mini camps. To me it’s a no-brainer. I’ve talked to some guys on our staff that has played and everyone had good things to say about it. I was hoping he’d send me here and it all worked out.

http://www.nfleurope.com/teams/story/RHE/9241173

Im not drinking the Drew Henson koolaid. The guy's been beat out by Quincy Carter, Vinnie Testaverde, Chad Hutchinson, and now Drew Bledsoe, who is by far the best of this lot of QBs and the other guys ALL SUCK. If there was some real potential there, dont you think we'd have seen it by now? I dont think were looking at the next Jake Delhomme or Kurt Warner with this guy.....jmho.

What did Dal give up again for Henson :confused:
It was a 3rd rounder......and it was from last draft. So at least it's already behind them and they did make solid picks in the first 6 rounds.I've said all along, that Henson won't make it. Him going to Europe won't help. They better get serious and see if they can move into the top 8 picks and get a QB this year.

On top of playing football, how often do you get the chance to go to Europe, spend three months and live for free at age 25. That was my thinking about this decision initially.
Well gosh, at least he has the right attitude about it... :rolleyes:

I'd rather have him say the right thing (even if he didn't believe it).

Something along the lines of going over to work his butt off and become an NFL QB. The part I quoted makes him sound like he just got picked to be on the Real World. I know he said he wants to be an NFL starter also, but I could have done without the '3-month vacation' bit along with it.

NFL Europe didn't seem to hurt Brad Johnsons career or opportunities, did it? If he plays well he will compete for the number#2 spot in Dallas.

NFL Europe didn't seem to hurt Brad Johnsons career or opportunities, did it? If he plays well he will compete for the number#2 spot in Dallas.
It's an old quote from Bill Parcells. so I have to paraphrase. You'll have to trust me, it went something like this "When I send a young guy over there to get coached, they seem to come back worse"Parcells likes Romo ALOT. Romo is a very talented guy who played in D2 college because of a lack of family knowledge on going to big schools. (sounds strange,but again, you have to trust ne here) He has a good amount of talent.

Really what this means is Parcells is not interested in Henson at all, and he could be with another team next year. And that he DOES like what he sees from Bledsoes current backup.

It's an old quote from Bill Parcells. so I have to paraphrase. You'll have to trust me, it went something like this "When I send a young guy over there to get coached, they seem to come back worse"Parcells likes Romo ALOT. Romo is a very talented guy who played in D2 college because of a lack of family knowledge on going to big schools. (sounds strange,but again, you have to trust ne here) He has a good amount of talent.

Really what this means is Parcells is not interested in Henson at all, and he could be with another team next year. And that he DOES like what he sees from Bledsoes current backup.
I am right with you on all of this. If Parcells had any interest in Henson, he would be in camp. Hate to see it, I had high hopes for the guy. I think Romo has a ton of up side. He is signed for next to nothing, he has the respect of the coaching staff and he was really talented in college, just no one has ever heard of the college. I only wonder if he will ever get a shot since he is a Parcell's guy and I dont think the Cowboys will have another starting QB as long as Parcell's is there. But again, I am really high on the guy.

The guy is also a scratch golfer. A slightly interesting story.....My Uncle has become an aquaintace of Romo because my Uncle lives on the same gold course that they all play in. Romo actually had a few beers with my Uncle after chipping a ball into his back yard. Romo talked to my Uncle for 30 or 40 minutes before he ever even said who he was. Bledsoe, on of the conditioning coaches and I beleive Tony Dixon was with them that day. My Uncle of course recognized Bledsoe but didn't know who the other guys were until they introduced themselves. My Uncle was supposed to play a round of golf with them but it never panned out.

Probably :yawn: for everyone but I thought it was kind of cool. :thumbup:

Im not drinking the Drew Henson koolaid. The guy's been beat out by Quincy Carter, Vinnie Testaverde, Chad Hutchinson, and now Drew Bledsoe, who is by far the best of this lot of QBs and the other guys ALL SUCK. If there was some real potential there, dont you think we'd have seen it by now? I dont think were looking at the next Jake Delhomme or Kurt Warner with this guy.....jmho.
He was never beaten out by Quincy Carter. Carter was all ready on the way out before Henson was ever in camp. Of Course Testeverde beat him out, he hadn't played football in three years. Bledsoe was one of the top rated QB in football almost all year long and still finished in the top 10 in most categories. Your comments were pretty stupid and not backed up by any facts. :thumbdown:

It's just strange how Henson was so highly regarded at Michigan and had the spotlight over Tom Brady. Now fast forward a few years and he's a scrub going to NFLE, while Tom is the posterboy for the league.

Im not drinking the Drew Henson koolaid.  The guy's been beat out by Quincy Carter, Vinnie Testaverde, Chad Hutchinson, and now Drew Bledsoe, who is by far the best of this lot of QBs and the other guys ALL SUCK.  If there was some real potential there, dont you think we'd have seen it by now?  I dont think were looking at the next Jake Delhomme or Kurt Warner with this guy.....jmho.
He was never beaten out by Quincy Carter. Carter was all ready on the way out before Henson was ever in camp. Of Course Testeverde beat him out, he hadn't played football in three years. Bledsoe was one of the top rated QB in football almost all year long and still finished in the top 10 in most categories. Your comments were pretty stupid and not backed up by any facts. :thumbdown:
I find it hilarious when we roll in here and defend a total SCRUB of a player and then pretend that Drew Bledsoe is one of the better QBs in the league. Dude, do you honestly believe Henson is worth a squat and that Bledsoe is one of the better QBs in the league? I dont care how you worded it with the 'rating' terminology, you are suggesting he's a top gun. Now, come back in and defend yourself and your guys, Mouth. Henson and Bledsoe? Are you kidding me???

I find it hilarious when we roll in here and defend a total SCRUB of a player and then pretend that Drew Bledsoe is one of the better QBs in the league. Dude, do you honestly believe Henson is worth a squat and that Bledsoe is one of the better QBs in the league? I dont care how you worded it with the 'rating' terminology, you are suggesting he's a top gun. Now, come back in and defend yourself and your guys, Mouth. Henson and Bledsoe? Are you kidding me???
Which part? The par where Drew Bledsoe was ranked fifth or better in almost every QB category until his starting tackle went down? Or the part where Bledsoe ended the season ranked 8th or better in almost every important QB category despite missing his starting RB and tackle and having his best weapon stuck playing in max protect? Hate Bledsoe and the Cowboys all you want, you cant argue with stats. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?s...son=2&year=2005

3639 yards passing= NFL rank 8th

23 Touchdowns= NFL rank 8th (tied with Brunell)

300 Completions= NFL Rank 8th

7.29 yards per completion= 10th in the NFL

So which part are you going to argue?

Henson? I said I hoped he would pan out, doesn't look like he is going to, I didn't argue that part. He hasn't really been given much of a chance either. Phillip Rivers hasn't panned out yet either based on the same time line.

Im not drinking the Drew Henson koolaid.  The guy's been beat out by Quincy Carter, Vinnie Testaverde, Chad Hutchinson, and now Drew Bledsoe, who is by far the best of this lot of QBs and the other guys ALL SUCK.  If there was some real potential there, dont you think we'd have seen it by now?  I dont think were looking at the next Jake Delhomme or Kurt Warner with this guy.....jmho.
Which part? The par where Drew Bledsoe was ranked fifth or better in almost every QB category until his starting tackle went down? Or the part where Bledsoe ended the season ranked 8th or better in almost every important QB category despite missing his starting RB and tackle and having his best weapon stuck playing in max protect? Hate Bledsoe and the Cowboys all you want, you cant argue with stats. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?s...son=2&year=2005

Henson? I said I hoped he would pan out, doesn't look like he is going to, I didn't argue that part. He hasn't really been given much of a chance either. Phillip Rivers hasn't panned out yet either based on the same time line.
Nice #s. Dallas fan? Even nicer. Look, man. Cite all the #s you want. First, did Drew Henson ever start over any of those QBs I mentioned?? If not, then he got 'beat out', no matter how you slice it and dice it. I didnt say 'entering the season' or ' in camp' or any of the such. Defining 'beat out' is not a concern. Whatever it is, it happened and Drew Henson didnt play ahead of those other guys. Thats a simple point....its made...done with that.

Now, Bledsoe. Dont you just LOVE having him as your guy? How great do you feel entering a season or even a game with him as your guy knowing he's about as consistent as a wet paper bag. Win some games.....lose some games. Make some good plays...make some bad plays. Love the guy...hate the guy....I could go on with this theme until my fingers fell off. I couldnt care less what kindof #s the man had, do you really think that STATUE is going to lead any team to a Superbowl??? Not a chance in a frozen tundra hell of that ever happening. They brought in a player to help this team win some games, but not win a Superbowl?? He's nice if youre looking to win 8 or 9 games every year. You want to win 12 or more and go deep in the playoffs.....go find another QB. Thats my point. Not what his top 10 #s were looking like. Marc Bulger had a top 5 QB rating this year...what does that mean? Squat. This team didnt believe in Henson's future and they brought in a guy who could help them win 9 games rather than trying to mold a prospect with promise into something. So there are my points. Clear as day. And when Henson ever amounts to squat and Bledsoe has anything to do with Dallas winning something big, Ill be back to take it on the chin. Until then, retire the useless #s, and talk real football.

Nice #s. Dallas fan? Even nicer. Look, man. Cite all the #s you want. First, did Drew Henson ever start over any of those QBs I mentioned?? If not, then he got 'beat out', no matter how you slice it and dice it. I didnt say 'entering the season' or ' in camp' or any of the such. Defining 'beat out' is not a concern. Whatever it is, it happened and Drew Henson didnt play ahead of those other guys. Thats a simple point....its made...done with that.

Now, Bledsoe. Dont you just LOVE having him as your guy? How great do you feel entering a season or even a game with him as your guy knowing he's about as consistent as a wet paper bag. Win some games.....lose some games. Make some good plays...make some bad plays. Love the guy...hate the guy....I could go on with this theme until my fingers fell off. I couldnt care less what kindof #s the man had, do you really think that STATUE is going to lead any team to a Superbowl??? Not a chance in a frozen tundra hell of that ever happening. They brought in a player to help this team win some games, but not win a Superbowl?? He's nice if youre looking to win 8 or 9 games every year. You want to win 12 or more and go deep in the playoffs.....go find another QB. Thats my point. Not what his top 10 #s were looking like. Marc Bulger had a top 5 QB rating this year...what does that mean? Squat. This team didnt believe in Henson's future and they brought in a guy who could help them win 9 games rather than trying to mold a prospect with promise into something. So there are my points. Clear as day. And when Henson ever amounts to squat and Bledsoe has anything to do with Dallas winning something big, Ill be back to take it on the chin. Until then, retire the useless #s, and talk real football.
Ok, let's talk real football then, since numbers are obviously no real determining factor in how well a guy plays.... :rolleyes: Bledsoe had this team in contention for a playoff spot all season long. Three of the losses that the Cowboys had were caused by a craptastic field goal kicker. What does that mean? Bledsoe had the team in the position to win, turned it over to his kicker to put it away and got nothing. Yes, I am perfectly fine with Bledsoe back there and I am actually excited about it.

You described everyone QB in the NFL moron. Every QB wins some and losses some. Look at Favre. He makes some plays and throws some picks and you live and die with that. Brady does the same. Bledsoe never cost the Cowboys the game. In the Seattle game, he threw a bad pass, one bad pass. Had the stupid kicker made the field goal that Bledsoe put him in place to make (a 29 yarder by the way) he would have never been in the position to make that throw any way. I'll still take Bledsoe over a lot of other guys that are starters right now.

And once again, the guys you mentioned were never in contention with Henson for the starting job. Henson was never put in a position to "beat" anyone out. Hutchinson was never even on the team with Henson. Hutchinson was a Bear by that time. Carter was kicked out of camp, so he never even went in to competition with Henson. Bledsoe is the only one on that list that beat Henson out. Way to know your facts though

Rhein quarterback Drew Henson (Dallas Cowboys) posted 4 completions from 4 attempts for 92 yards, with Kendrick Starling (Houston Texans) catching 2 passes for 75 yards and Chris Samp (Carolina Panthers) 2 for 26. Running back DeCori Birmingham (San Francisco 49ers) gained 19 yards on 5 carries.

Rhein quarterback Drew Henson (Dallas Cowboys) posted 4 completions from 4 attempts for 92 yards, with Kendrick Starling (Houston Texans) catching 2 passes for 75 yards and Chris Samp (Carolina Panthers) 2 for 26. Running back DeCori Birmingham (San Francisco 49ers) gained 19 yards on 5 carries.
I expect Drew will do pretty well in NFLE. He has the talent, the arm and probably the best QB coach in NFLE in Steve Logan. Logan coached Dave Ragone into something like 20TDs and 2 Ints last season.

I like what I've seen and read about Henson, for the most part, but it's hard not to be very skeptical about his chances in the NFL as a starter.

Still plenty of time and he's young (26) but time is not on his side. It's time for him to start showing something.

Ok, let's talk real football then, since numbers are obviously no real determining factor in how well a guy plays.... :rolleyes: Bledsoe had this team in contention for a playoff spot all season long. Three of the losses that the Cowboys had were caused by a craptastic field goal kicker. What does that mean? Bledsoe had the team in the position to win, turned it over to his kicker to put it away and got nothing. Yes, I am perfectly fine with Bledsoe back there and I am actually excited about it.

You described everyone QB in the NFL moron. Every QB wins some and losses some. Look at Favre. He makes some plays and throws some picks and you live and die with that. Brady does the same. Bledsoe never cost the Cowboys the game. In the Seattle game, he threw a bad pass, one bad pass. Had the stupid kicker made the field goal that Bledsoe put him in place to make (a 29 yarder by the way) he would have never been in the position to make that throw any way. I'll still take Bledsoe over a lot of other guys that are starters right now.

And once again, the guys you mentioned were never in contention with Henson for the starting job. Henson was never put in a position to "beat" anyone out. Hutchinson was never even on the team with Henson. Hutchinson was a Bear by that time. Carter was kicked out of camp, so he never even went in to competition with Henson. Bledsoe is the only one on that list that beat Henson out. Way to know your facts though
Hearing that youre 'perfectly fine' with Bledsoe as your guy is all I really need to know because either a) youve accepted the notion that your team is playing to be good and not win a title or b) youre not really coming clean...youre just saying this to continue the debate? Id honor one chance to let yourself off....are you really perfectly fine with Drew Bledsoe as the QB of your favorite team?? Youre making this too easy. Only a diehard Dallas homer would be happy with that guy leading a squad....well, maybe Buffalo fans would have liked to have him back to win 8 or 9 games again.

Youre an idiot. I am new to the board and it is usually hard to pick out who is just an idiot fishing and who actually knows something.

Thanks for seperating yourself from the pack as an idiot.

Hearing that youre 'perfectly fine' with Bledsoe as your guy is all I really need to know because either a) youve accepted the notion that your team is playing to be good and not win a title or b) youre not really coming clean...youre just saying this to continue the debate? Id honor one chance to let yourself off....are you really perfectly fine with Drew Bledsoe as the QB of your favorite team?? Youre making this too easy. Only a diehard Dallas homer would be happy with that guy leading a squad....well, maybe Buffalo fans would have liked to have him back to win 8 or 9 games again.
Youre an idiot. I am new to the board and it is usually hard to pick out who is just an idiot fishing and who actually knows something.

Thanks for seperating yourself from the pack as an idiot.
:goodposting: Seriously, SM, Texasmouth has now out debated you to the point where you're reduced to saying "You're lying" for 4 damn lines. quit posting nonsense.

You guys are funny. Let's see, Ive dealt with "idiot", "stupid" and "moron"....Im so glad Ive been able to seperate myself from the pack by being given such high praise. We're both relatively new to this board, so youve done the same favor for me. But my skin is 8 feet thick and Ive been called worst. Now, youve posted the Bledsoe #s and they speak for themselves. He's a perfectly mediocre QB who in back to back seasons now has had 2 playoff calibler teams with GREAT defenses in position to get to the post season. He couldnt get it done 2 years ago week 17 against Pittsburgh when the Steelers rested everyone on their team. The egg was laid. No playoffs. This past season, he winds down the year with 3TDs and 6 INTs the last 3 games. No playoffs. He defininitely had both teams in POSITION to win a Superbowl the past 2 years, but getting to the playoffs is where you begin the post season playoff journey. It didnt happen. You can go to bat for your boy all you want, like I did for YEARS as a Pats fan, but in 2 years you'll probably understand where Im coming from. Im not trying to just ride Bledsoe like Trigger here, but Ive been down that road. I owe him alot actually because my team didnt really start to win until he got hurt. Strange how it works out like that. Youll have a great 2 years to look forward to, no doubt....possibly one if youre lucky. So, Ill deal with the idiot and moron labels, which isnt really cool but Ill tolerate, and shake my head over this knowing youre just not really in the know. OK. But, hey, youll be in position to do all kinds of things as long as that D is solid.

Lastly, Drew Henson is no superstar and time will tell if he ever becomes one. He's 'learning' to play in Europe. To this point he's done nothing, and he didnt play on the same team with Chad Hutchinson. These are facts. I stand fully corrected on the Hutchinson error. My bad....it happens. I made the mistake of lumping a couple of nobodies in together....I need to be careful of that. He's a young guy and alot can happen for him. So, Im stepping out of the box on this one and letting it go. He could prove me and alot of other people wrong and be the next Troy Aikman. Or he could become a pretty good player......like Drew Bledsoe. I dont really need to say more. Have a nice day.

You guys are funny. Let's see, Ive dealt with "idiot", "stupid" and "moron"....Im so glad Ive been able to seperate myself from the pack by being given such high praise. We're both relatively new to this board, so youve done the same favor for me. But my skin is 8 feet thick and Ive been called worst. So, Ill deal with the idiot and moron labels, which isnt really cool but Ill tolerate, and shake my head over this knowing youre just not really in the know.
Lets see what did I call you again? Seriously, SM, Texasmouth has now out debated you to the point where you're reduced to saying "You're lying" for 4 damn lines. quit posting nonsense.

Oh yeah, i said you were posting nonsense. If you want to regard it as an insult, so be it. Apparently reality has nothing on SoloMatisse...

You are both new to the board, but where as TM has backed his opinions with fact, the best fact you've pointed out is Bledsoe hasn't won a Super Bowl. Never mind that he took your pats to a SB a few years before Brady. Never mind that the Bills scored plenty to win that game 2 years ago, it was their "vaunted" D that let them down against PIT's 3rd string. Forget it, facts don't seem to matter anyway.

Texasmouth, while I havent agreed with all he's posted, has something behind his posts.

SM has done nothing but :fishing:

I tend to quickly ignore any opinions by anyone who resorts to name calling.

Which, BTW, is not exactly being excellent to each other. Post opinions, fact based or not, and leave the rest out of it.

Which, BTW, is not exactly being excellent to each other. Post opinions, fact based or not, and leave the rest out of it.
Did you even read the comments by SM? I think I took enough BS from him before I finally called him out. My bad, but I call them like I see them.

Which, BTW, is not exactly being excellent to each other.  Post opinions, fact based or not, and leave the rest out of it.
Did you even read the comments by SM?
Yes I did. BS or not, name calling is not the way to go to either make a valid argument or to continue posting.

Thanks for the backup, DB. Nice to know there's some coverage out there for a bold faced liar like myself. Much appreciated. Ill have your back down the road, if ever needed. Mouth, Im retiring from this and Id like to see you get over it. Ive dealt with enough of the insults, seriously, so lets move on. No hard feelings chum.....you too 'other guy'. Take care. Dallas rules!

Users who are viewing this thread