What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drew Henson (1 Viewer)

here's one report on Drew Henson:

Positives: Confident field general with a strong personality...Tough and durable, absorbing punishing shots without ever being knocked out of a game...Has fine delivery and passing mechanics, hitting receivers in stride on timing patterns...Though under constant pressure, he keeps his cool...Very quick driving away from the center while setting up, showing the body control needed to throw on the move...Carries the ball chest-high and is always ready to throw...Has quick wrist action in his delivery and the power behind his tosses so he does not have to plant in order to throw the deep passes...Knows how to adjust his release based on angles taken while throwing...Can drill the ball in the seam playing the short area passing game and keeps receivers within their routes by feathering the ball to them on long bombs...Shows good backside awareness rolling out of the pocket...Scans the field effectively throws with impressive velocity in the intermediate and short range...Can also hold for placements.

Negatives: Tends to lock onto his primary receivers too much...Looks too long at his primary targets, taking unnecessary punishment when the pocket collapses, rather that throwing the ball out of bounds to prevent a turnover...Needs to improve his timing patterns to prevent receivers from having to adjust and turn constantly on routes...Will need a little refinement in his delivery, as he does not open and close his shoulders quickly...Overthrows at times on fades and post patterns...Availability is under review, as he is still under contract to the New York Yankees baseball organization.
DRAFT LINK

Sure, Houston could deny teams the ability to work out with Drew, but there's already been one workout with other teams, and no reason to believe that Drew is going back into the draft.
Pretty sure that no team has viewed his workouts yet. There's supposedly a teaser video of his workouts making the rounds, but if any team went and watched his workout that would fall under the tampering rule and they'd get in trouble.Still I agree with your analysis. It's pretty clear that Drew has to sign with the texans and be traded. Most likely all this happens AFTER everything is finalized by the team who offers the most in trade for him.I have a question. Assuming Henson signs with the Texans and gets traded... what happens to any signing bonus from the signing? The Texans have to eat that don't they?? If there was no signing bonus in the contract, Henson wouldn't have any guaranteed money in his new contract? Or am I totally off base.Thanks for the link Aaronr, if you find any more info... please share... I feel like the packers are going to be at the head of the rush for Henson and I want to know what they'd be getting into.

I have a question. Assuming Henson signs with the Texans and gets traded... what happens to any signing bonus from the signing? The Texans have to eat that don't they?? If there was no signing bonus in the contract, Henson wouldn't have any guaranteed money in his new contract? Or am I totally off base.
I would guess that the contract would have no initial signing bonus, but have a 2004 roster bonus. That would give Houston no hit this year, but would work like a signing bonus to the team that acquires him.

I have a question. Assuming Henson signs with the Texans and gets traded... what happens to any signing bonus from the signing? The Texans have to eat that don't they?? If there was no signing bonus in the contract, Henson wouldn't have any guaranteed money in his new contract? Or am I totally off base.
I would guess that the contract would have no initial signing bonus, but have a 2004 roster bonus. That would give Houston no hit this year, but would work like a signing bonus to the team that acquires him.
Ah yes, that would make sense. Then that could be roster bonus could be guaranteed to spread the cap hit over the length of the contract shortly after he moves to his new team.

I hope that Dallas signs Henson! After watching Quincy Carter stink it up the last few years Henson would be very welcome!

Lions | Henson signed

Fri, 22 Aug 2008 13:39:30 -0700

The Detroit Lions have announced they have signed free-agent QB Drew Henson (Vikings). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

Lions | Henson signedFri, 22 Aug 2008 13:39:30 -0700The Detroit Lions have announced they have signed free-agent QB Drew Henson (Vikings). Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
Didn't know the lions were that desperate. Chicago should've picked him up....3 years ago.

As a Syracuse alum, I still have found memories of the game where McNabb-led SU went into the Big House and put a hurt the Wolverines. It was so bad that Coach Carr pulled the senior stater, some kid named Brady and put in hot shot frosh phenom Henson. The announcers couldn't rave enough about how good this kid looked.

Crazy that if you asked someone watching that game to name the QB who would go on to win 3 Super Bowls, who would be a perennial Pro Bowler, and who would be a journeyman bouncing around the league and not doing anything, they wouldn't come close to the right answer ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread