What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop R. Jones for Morris? (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
Dynasty (keep only 2 at the cost of 2 rounds earlier, PPR)

Start: QB / 2RB / 2WR / TE / W/R/T Flex

With McKinnon going down, the owner picked up Peyton Barber. I drafted Jones in the 10th round and have felt uneasy about him from the moment I picked him, let alone seeing him not do so well in the preseason. Jones may be kept as an 8th round pick by anyone who has him on roster at the end of the year, but again would count as one of two keepers in that scenario.

These are my current RBs: S. Barkley, C. McCaffrey, M. Ingram, R. Jones

With Ingram suspended, I'm flexing a WR (either Will Fuller or Emmanuel Sanders). Do I sit on Jones and hope he improves and is a cheap keeper or do I grab Morris and stabilize my flex?

If you are in win now mode roll with Morris, however you didn't list the rounds of your other players to see if they were potential keepers. The only reason to keep Jones is for next year.  If you can keep Barkley/McCaffrey or other top players for next years than Jones is totally expendable.

If you are in win now mode roll with Morris, however you didn't list the rounds of your other players to see if they were potential keepers. The only reason to keep Jones is for next year.  If you can keep Barkley/McCaffrey or other top players for next years than Jones is totally expendable.
Sorry, I'll clarify: Barkley & McCaffrey were my first two picks, so I cannot keep either. I can keep only 3rd round forward, which would include Ingram (would be 4th round pick next year) or Jones (would be 8th round pick next year).

Here's the rest of my draft and next year's cost in parentheses:

Travis Kelce (1)

Tyreek Hill (2)

Chris Hogan (3)

Mark Ingram (4)

Emmanuel Sanders (5)

Will Fuller (6)

Matt Ryan (7)

Ronald Jones (8)

Blake Bortles (9)

Courtland Sutton (10)

Mike Gesicki (14)

Drop Jones, chances are no one will pick him up anyway since he is an RB3 on his team and if you are out of it you can pick him up later in the season. You do know that sometimes high draft picks like Jones sometimes do not work out. As of now you are likely to keep Ingram and either Gesicki or Sutton over Jones anyway.

I agree with dropping Jones for Alfred Morris. I think Ingram is a for sure keeper and I really think you might be happy with Gesicki come seasons end.

Users who are viewing this thread