What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dwyane Allen - out for the season (1 Viewer)

Who is the TE2 now? Dominique Jones is more of a blocker semi-FB, right? Has Jack Doyle shown anything? Is Justice Cunningham not even on the pr squad anymore?

Hmmm. More valuable free agent TE...Fleener or Clay (MIA)? Clay has produced well so far but I could see Fleener getting at least 8 targets a game.

Hmmm. More valuable free agent TE...Fleener or Clay (MIA)? Clay has produced well so far but I could see Fleener getting at least 8 targets a game.
I think you have to look at what Coby did in week 2 without allen. Had 1 td, should of had a 2nd td.. Its just a matter of him staying on the field.

Thanks for the info!

Was going to add him before the injury because I like how they are using him but didn't like the time-share.

Stashed him in every league he was available.

Does the group think this makes Fleener a top 12 TE the rest of the way?
Most projection sites had the combo of Fleener and Allen putting up something like 90/1,000/9. I personally thought that was high to begin with, and even with Allen gone I don't think Fleener gets that whole pie to himself - but 70/800/7 doesn't seem unreasonable. Even if you bump the baseline of the top 12 by 10% this season over last, that would still land him in the ~TE6 range in both standard and PPR.

I think Graham, Gronk, Witten, Finley, Cameron, and Cook are likely to outscore Fleener the rest of the way, but I wouldn't take an even-odds bet on anyone else. Gonzo, Bennett, VD, Olsen should be right there in that same range, but even then you're looking at a mid- to low-end TE1 at worst if he stays healthy. Grab him now, especially if your league allows TE's in a flex position.

P.S. What does the SP think the impact on Bradshaw's value will be? Are the Colts going to hand him the rock more often, or keep him in to block more often? Or both?

Most projection sites had the combo of Fleener and Allen putting up something like 90/1,000/9. I personally thought that was high to begin with, and even with Allen gone I don't think Fleener gets that whole pie to himself - but 70/800/7 doesn't seem unreasonable. Even if you bump the baseline of the top 12 by 10% this season over last, that would still land him in the ~TE6 range in both standard and PPR.

I think Graham, Gronk, Witten, Finley, Cameron, and Cook are likely to outscore Fleener the rest of the way, but I wouldn't take an even-odds bet on anyone else. Gonzo, Bennett, VD, Olsen should be right there in that same range, but even then you're looking at a mid- to low-end TE1 at worst if he stays healthy. Grab him now, especially if your league allows TE's in a flex position.

P.S. What does the SP think the impact on Bradshaw's value will be? Are the Colts going to hand him the rock more often, or keep him in to block more often? Or both?
You forgot someone.

I do agree though, he's a back-end TE1 at worst now and can help TE needy teams in a pinch.

You forgot someone.

I do agree though, he's a back-end TE1 at worst now and can help TE needy teams in a pinch.
I'm not sold on Thomas out-producing Fleener the rest of the way, to be honest with you. Sure, if I'm already on that horse I'm riding it, but it wouldn't surprise me if we've already seen a quarter of JT's year-end production.

I'm not sold on Thomas out-producing Fleener the rest of the way, to be honest with you. Sure, if I'm already on that horse I'm riding it, but it wouldn't surprise me if we've already seen a quarter of JT's year-end production.
I dunno about that. Manning isn't going to stop taking what the defense gives him. And defenses aren't going to have the luxury of shifting a whole lot more attention to J Thomas, so long as all the WRs are healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread