What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dwyer (1 Viewer)

hooptd

Footballguy
Where does Dwyer end up? Are there any desirable destinations left? What are the chances that the Redskins end up drafting him? Skeletor likes to get his rb’s in later rounds.

Are there any desirable destinations left?
I think Seattle would definitely be the best spot for him fantasy wise. Beyond that New England and Philly might be decent destinations but I don't see many beyond that.
If Seattle in the 4th, where does that rank him ahead or below Ben Tate for dynasty rank?
Well below....Dwyer will never play full-time, and the HOU offense is light years ahead of SEA. Id also argue (though feel free to disagree) that forsett is well ahead of anything HOU has in their backfield. Slaton is ok when healthy, but thats not this year, and Foster is just a guy.

I think Seattle would definitely be the best spot for him fantasy wise. Beyond that New England and Philly might be decent destinations but I don't see many beyond that.
If Seattle in the 4th, where does that rank him ahead or below Ben Tate for dynasty rank?
Well below....Dwyer will never play full-time, and the HOU offense is light years ahead of SEA. Id also argue (though feel free to disagree) that forsett is well ahead of anything HOU has in their backfield. Slaton is ok when healthy, but thats not this year, and Foster is just a guy.
I actully think Foster is better than forsett, but I agree that tate is well ahead of dwyer...if seattle gets dwyer, dwyer will be a late first round draft pick ...tate is top 6

I actully think Foster is better than forsett, but I agree that tate is well ahead of dwyer...if seattle gets dwyer, dwyer will be a late first round draft pick ...tate is top 6
Sounds good...we can debate Foster vs. Forsett all day, but its not a big deal.I think Dwyer is likely to get carries no matter how well Forsett plays, because their styles are so different. I don't believe Foster can hold off Tate, but if he does, with such similar styles, he could regulate Tate to the bench.

It's pretty clear that we grossly overrated him in the years and months leading up to this draft. I'm as guilty as anyone. Four months ago I thought he would be a first round pick. Now he's primed to slip out of the top 100.

The first warning sign was the combine, where Hardesty/Tate looked rocked out while Dwyer looked like a ball of dough. No surprise that he bombed in his workouts while the other two shined. He doesn't have an athletic body, which is surprisingly given how good he looked in pads.

I still think he can help someone and maybe contribute as a rookie. The fourth round isn't exactly a death sentence for a RB prospect. Marion Barber, Brandon Jacobs, and Rudi Johnson all slipped this far. I think Dwyer could potentially start for all of these teams:

Oakland

Seattle

New England

Washington

Chicago

Green Bay

Tampa Bay

We'll see who wants him tomorrow. I don't imagine that he'll fall out of the next round.

EBF said:
It's pretty clear that we grossly overrated him in the years and months leading up to this draft. I'm as guilty as anyone. Four months ago I thought he would be a first round pick. Now he's primed to slip out of the top 100. The first warning sign was the combine, where Hardesty/Tate looked rocked out while Dwyer looked like a ball of dough. No surprise that he bombed in his workouts while the other two shined. He doesn't have an athletic body, which is surprisingly given how good he looked in pads.I still think he can help someone and maybe contribute as a rookie. The fourth round isn't exactly a death sentence for a RB prospect. Marion Barber, Brandon Jacobs, and Rudi Johnson all slipped this far. I think Dwyer could potentially start for all of these teams:OaklandSeattleNew EnglandWashingtonChicagoGreen BayTampa BayWe'll see who wants him tomorrow. I don't imagine that he'll fall out of the next round.
i kind of expect seattle, miami, or atlanta to trade up to get him.... like greene was gotten last year... at the start of the 3rd.

EBF said:
It's pretty clear that we grossly overrated him in the years and months leading up to this draft. I'm as guilty as anyone. Four months ago I thought he would be a first round pick. Now he's primed to slip out of the top 100.
:shrug: This. Dwyer has been vastly overrated for over a year now. Not sure it matters a whole lot where he goes at this point. At best it will be a RBBC situation.

EBF said:
It's pretty clear that we grossly overrated him in the years and months leading up to this draft. I'm as guilty as anyone. Four months ago I thought he would be a first round pick. Now he's primed to slip out of the top 100. The first warning sign was the combine, where Hardesty/Tate looked rocked out while Dwyer looked like a ball of dough. No surprise that he bombed in his workouts while the other two shined. He doesn't have an athletic body, which is surprisingly given how good he looked in pads.I still think he can help someone and maybe contribute as a rookie. The fourth round isn't exactly a death sentence for a RB prospect. Marion Barber, Brandon Jacobs, and Rudi Johnson all slipped this far. I think Dwyer could potentially start for all of these teams:OaklandSeattleNew EnglandWashingtonChicagoGreen BayTampa BayWe'll see who wants him tomorrow. I don't imagine that he'll fall out of the next round.
Chicago? really? Behind two pass catching runningbacks? Come onI'm thinking it will be Seattle or NE.

EBF said:
Chicago? really? Behind two pass catching runningbacks? Come onI'm thinking it will be Seattle or NE.
If he goes to NE we will be talking about him in the top 6 again..if Seattle top 8

i only saw him twice, but he didnt impress me at all. just seemed like a big guy that ran thru big holes and didnt get anything on his own. looked very slow and not very agile.

I could really see Miami picking him up today

Ronnie is coming off another injury and Ricky is really old

Dwyer has played in a gimmicky offense in college and Miami likes to get alot tricky every once in awhile.

Very good fit

Dwyer has played in a gimmicky offense in college and Miami likes to get alot tricky every once in awhile.Very good fit
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Are you suggesting that Dwyer will run the wildcat?

Last edited by a moderator:
The next Ron Dayne.
Ron Dayne in the fourth round wouldn't be a bad pick. He was in the league 7 years, and in his last three he was decent.
Not bad, not great either. Dwyer could have some success. But he's got slow feet and that limits him.
Been saying he is overrated for months....now it is coming to fruition.At this point though...he would be a value in the sense of a RBBC guy that could be GL/change of pace...in the physical sense.

Dwyer failed a drug test at the combine. The claim is that it was his ADD medication that caused the positive, but I'm not sure whether NFL teams believe that or even if the ADD itself might be negative.

I still believe these are the reasons - he's just hard to evaluate and feel absolutely sure he has all of the components of vision to be an I-back. I think he can, but that uncertainly drops his value. Some team will be happy to get him though. Even if he bombs, he has potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still believe these are the reasons - he's just hard to evaluate and feel absolutely sure he has all of the components of vision to be an I-back. I think he can, but that uncertainly drops his value. Some team will be happy to get him though. Even if he bombs, he has potential.
Great analysis in that article Matt.Seems the lack of being able to evaluate him on tape, coming to the combine out of shape, and the news he's on ADD meds has dropped him like a rock.

Does anybody find irony in the fact that Paul Johnson's offense produced a first-round WR while its #1 stud back is still waiting in the 5th?

Does anybody find irony in the fact that Paul Johnson's offense produced a first-round WR while its #1 stud back is still waiting in the 5th?
I do! I think Thomas is overrated and that pick was a horrible choice with Dez Bryant sitting there in round one. If you don't want Bryant, fine, but trade down some more than take a WR who while accounted for some gaudy percentage of his passing game benefitted from an offensive scheme where he was often the only WR on the field, he snuck behind defenses on play action, or he got a one-on-one situation on the perimeter on a short pass that he took the distance with a broken tackle. Thomas could develop into a solid possession receiver with some red zone skill down the line if he can really learn route fundamentals and not fight the ball. However, that makes him a round 3-4 pick at best. I know a lot of people here love him, but I think this is a bassackwards decision by the Broncos. Should be fun when this analysis blows up in my face, but for now I'm sticking to it.

From a fantasy perspective this drop really has to be one of the stories of the draft.

I had Dwyer as my #3 RB for my rookie draft and now I am considering taking him off the board.

In one dynasty league where we hold the rookie draft before the NFL draft, Dwyer was the pick at 1.04. Anquan Boldin was traded straight up to move into that pick.....

Why is it ironic? I know nothing about that coach. Is he supposed to run the ball alot or something?
It's a triple option scheme. Looks like a high school offense. I'd estimate they run 80% of the time or more.
They beat Va Tech this year with one pass completion.

Users who are viewing this thread