What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dyansty value? (Who to drop) (1 Viewer)

TheKillerBrees

Footballguy
I play in a full Dynasty (Keep everyone) with a 30 player roster!

NO PPR, pretty standard scoring after that.

I need to drop a few players in order to use some draft picks (I have 3rd and 9th pick, so I def wanna be using both of those - I also have ZERO kickers or Team DF's on my roster, so I will need to pick up one of each before week 1 - thus I need to cut a minimum of 4, and I am thinking 5 players as there's a decent chance my 25th overall pick will still be worth using over one of these following guys too)

I do have more time, I will watch Pre-season for a bit before making any final decisions, but I wanted to get ahead start on some thoughts...

Any of these guys worth keeping around, or should I just dump 'em!??

Both my RB's and WR are "OK" overall with a couple vets and a couple young'uns so I don't need to force anything based on position either.

Abdullah

Gallman

Booker

Dixon (I have Collins)

Chris Goodwin

John Ross

(Montgomery, Golladay and Dez are small possibilities if things go horribly wrong for them, but as of now none of those 3 are going anywhere) I cannot see myself cutting anyone else on my roster ...

Pretty sure I will be dumping Abdullah and Gallman (Although Gallman we'll see how Camp shakes out). Not sure on the others (I used my 2nd on Ross last year, but I won't force him onto my team just for that reason...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think you could likely trade Booker and the 25th pick for a higher pick. 

Abdullah and Gallman are pretty easy cuts. I'd probably go Montgomery next, though like with Booker, I'd try to package him in a trade up. 

I'd want to keep Dixon strictly for quality handcuff purposes. I doubt what is available at 25 will be more valuable to you than Dixon. 

I'd want to hang onto Godwin and Ross. 

Abdullah and Gallman are cuts for sure. Preseaon will tell if you want to keep Booker or Dixon. Both are interesting prospects with the skill set to win the starting job, or valuable handcuffs. Godwin and Ross I am the most excited about of the 6. If you have roster space they are easy holds for me. 

Agree with travdogg........Abdullah and Gallman are easy cuts at this point and packaging someone with the 25th pick to move up is likely a really good option to investigate.  I wouldn't be picky on who to give up and shop all of your borderline guys to see if one brings a much better return than the others. 

I've tried to make deals, no one will give me anything at all on any of those guys (not even a bad offer, they basically call them all cuts on their teams too), and no one is willing to move any of the picks ahead of my 25th either. :( So I guess I will likely end up keeping Ross and cutting the other 5 (Possibly keep Goodwin too if all of the QB's are gone before my 25th pick, which now that I think about it they probably will be - so cut all 4 RB's I guess is where I will end up)

Last edited by a moderator:
The first 4 you listed would be cut for me. I think I would explore trading Godwin or Ross. Those 2 are worth something and may help you make your decision easier.

Users who are viewing this thread