What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: 2013 in season observations (1 Viewer)

Concept Coop

Footballguy
[SIZE=medium]I’m starting this thread mostly for selfish reasons. I can't watch every game, and hope to hear from others about games/players that I don't get to catch. I hope some can gain from my observations, and I certainly hope to gain from yours. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]My Observations:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Demarco Murray: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] The Cowboys are ready and willing to lean on Murray as a bell cow. He looked strong and healthy, and will catch a lot of balls. On the downside, his footwork looks sluggish and he doesn’t have the burst that he flashed his rookie season. Because of this, even if and when his production demands it, I’ll be leery about treating him as a top 10 dynasty back. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Terrance Williams: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] He looked lost and overwhelmed by the situation. Multiple drops and a miscommunication with Romo, which resulted in an int and points for the opposition. The good news is, however, he looked to be the #3 WR on the depth chart, and the Cowboys stuck with him after the mistakes. If my league mates overreact to the early issues, I’ll look to scope him up. He’s got big play potential and it will only take one or two for him to get some buzz. Very pleased by the fact that he played so much, despite the Cowboys’ high opinion of Harris. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Gavin Escobar: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] He made a solid catch, had a drop, and recovered a timely fumble. He was on the field a good deal, and that is a solid sign. The Cowboys aren’t ready to use a 2nd TE in a way that provided fantasy production, however. For now, it looks like his value is 2+ years out. I won't have an issue dropping him this season, but he'll be on my list to target going into next. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]David Wilson: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]The top 5-10 hype was premature. He’s a talent, and I’ll be investing if and when his owners cave. But I won’t be paying Sunday afternoon’s market value. Above and beyond the fumble and protection issues, he’s needs to be more consistent and do more with each carry. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jermicheal Finley:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] I was concerned that Cobb could cut into Finely’s value and production, going into the season. Finely owners should be pleased with how often they targeted him outside the hashes. Right now, it looks safe to assume Finley is a priority for the Packers and they’ll continue to feed him. It would be easy for the Pack to keep Finley in the middle and simply call Cobb the bigger mismatch. But they went out of their way to get him the ball, at the expense of James Jones. It’s early, but the signs point to me having missed the mark on him, coming into the season. Still had a drop(two?).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Eddie Lacy: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Lacy will create a lot of buzz after looking solid against the premier defense, after a bit of a slow start. Lacy is the 3 down back, and that was a good sign. The fumble won’t be an issue, assuming it proves to be an isolated incident. The lone negative that stood out to me, is how awkward Lacy was in presenting a target to Rodgers after chipping a defender. There were a good 3-5 plays in which Lacy could have been targeted if he knew where to be and was more decisive in getting there. Hopefully it is something he picks up as he is good at turning his hips north/south after a catch. An extra 3-4 targets a game could be huge, potentially.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Vance McDonald:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] I like this kid. He was on the field a good deal, despite only one reception (though it was a nice one). His value is 1-2 years away, but he should be stashed in most leagues. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Collin Kaepernick: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] I am really trying not to overreact, but yesterday was damn impressive. I feel that eventually a QB is going to put it all together and be a clear dynasty #1, based on passing/rushing ability/production. Right now, Kaepernick seems to be closest to that. He can win dynasty games with his arm and feet, and he is very smart in protecting his body. Those worried about his weapons need no longer concern themselves. The threat of him running dictates that the defense spy, and that will make life easier for his receivers. I know it’s one game, and, again, I am trying to stay reasonable – but he’s a tier 1 dynasty option for me right now. He is in a better position to be consistent through the air than Newton, and is smarter about/bigger than RG3, when it comes to running. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I know it was GB and that SF won’t be in a shootout weekly. But that is a redraft concern. If Kaepernick continues to grow, and is a top QB, he’ll continue to produce as such. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Cam Newton:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] Don’t overreact to the slow start. Eventually we are going to need to see the offense open up and trust him to win games, rather than asking him simply not to lose them. He made a bad pass that was nearly picked, but was pretty efficient and put his team in position to beat a superior opponent. Again, I’m still looking for him to take the next step, but in the meantime, he’s a top 3 dynasty QB, and will continue to be boom or bust, with the booms largely making up for the other. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Julius Thomas: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] I was encouraged to read that Manning’s TE production has been top 4 each of the last 4 seasons. Tamme and Dreesen split time last year, causing that production to be shared, but it was there. Julius is a fluid talent and an impressive athlete, and the Denver passing offense looks like one of the best ever. Julius will have some down games as the production goes to the other weapons, but he’ll get his too. I think he’s a safe bet for a dynasty TE1 ranking, even after one game, based on the upside. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Knowshon Moreno:[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] He’s not very good at an NFL level. Eventually we should be looking to cash in and get what we can. If we want to gamble, we should wait a few weeks for him to get a TD or 2. Or we can play it safe and take the 2nd round pick now. I'm leaning towards cashing in now.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Based on glimpses:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Tyler Eifert[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt] is good. It's not too late to invest, as I think his value will eventually be much greater that it is today.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Kenbrell Thompkins: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Seems to be a few weeks away, at least. I'll likely start targeting, if his value slips.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Terrell Pryor: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]I think his value will be safe through the season, based on his rushing production/age. But beyond that, I'm not sold at all. If the Raiders are in position to grab a top option in the draft, I expect them to take it, and I don't know what opportunities Pryor has beyond this one. I'll be looking to sell during the season, but am not in a rush. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] [/SIZE]

Would really like to hear from those who caught the Fins game, re: Miller/Wallace.

Users who are viewing this thread