What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2023 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

Anyone have any inside info on Boutte? Very odd career at LSU and this staying at school/now declaring seemed to come out of nowhere...gonna be really interesting to watch whether his stock rises or falls during this process.

Sushinsky issue if his draft goes
1. Bijan Robinson
2. Jahmyr Gibbs
3. Zach Evans
4. Jordan Addison
5. Quentin Johnson or Smith Njigba
6. Sean Tucker
7. does he take WR for his loaded position or draft 5th best RB.

he only hopes Young goes in top 6. I don’t see it in 1 QB league.
1.7 is tough spot in non TE premium or Super Flex league.

Yep, this is pretty much how I see it from the 7-spot. If the draft is happening today, I probably clean up the WR that falls and hope for greatness. My league is definitely capable of making some "aspirational" draft decisions, so it's not out of the possibility that someone grabs Bryce in the top 6 or reaches on Mayer out of pure desperation at the TE position.

With Boutee re-joining the top tier of Addison, Johnson, JSN, there's no question that one of those WRs will be there. HIggins is currently the 4th WR in my depth chart with Godwin 5th. Sutton and Alec Pierce behind that, who aren't exactly droppable. Hence, I have no problem passing on goodness at the WR position at 1.7, but if greatness is there, I have to take it and figure out roster balance later.

My gut instinct is that Addison is the most likely to hit big. It's no certainty at his size, but he could get there and should offer a pretty safe floor. Johnston and Boutee have the ceiling, but also have a floor that could disappoint, particularly Boutee. JSN is safe, but I think he's more likely to be very good, rather than great at the next level.

If my view of the WRs that might fall to me doesn't change between now and August, I think it's likely that anyone from Charbonnet/Corum/Achane/Miller/Bigsby that gets the draft capital, landing spot, and August drumbeat will win me over if they're available at the 7-spot. I also need to figure out If Evans and Tucker are must-draft selections if they fall. Depending on where I land on Gibbs, it might make sense to try to tempt the 1.2 with a package of Godwin and the 1.7. I'm not sold on him being that much better of a prospect than the other RBs at this point, but he might warrant it.

1. Bijan Robinson -- Should be the top pick in every dynasty league, regardless of format. Robinson may not post elite workout numbers, but he is the best RB prospect since Saquon.
2. Jahmyr Gibbs -- Gibbs is often compared to Alvin Kamara, but he is considerably smaller. If he checks in around 190, that raises some red flags, but Gibbs has elite quickness and receiving ability at the RB position. Gibbs is the easy 1.02 for me.
3. Zach Evans -- It is at least a little concerning that Evans was overtaken by a freshman, even if that freshman was Quinshon Judkins. I personally have Evans below the top receivers in my early rankings, but there are still many things to like about Evans.
4. Jordan Addison -- Addison does not have quite the same ability to separate from defenders as Devonta Smith, but I see some similarities in their games. Like Smith, Addison will be knocked for his slight frame, but his acceleration, route running and hands are elite. There is little separation between this top tier of receivers, and while I favor Jaxon Smith-Njigba slightly over Addison in my early rankings, the difference at this point is negligible.
5. Quentin Johnson or Smith Njigba -- No receiver in this class comes close to Quentin Johnson in terms of measurables. He has the frame and physicality NFL teams covet. He is in this top tier of WRs for me, although I currently have him as WR3 behind JSN and Addison.
6. Sean Tucker -- I love his explosiveness and big-play ability, but Tucker may not add much in the passing game, either as a receiver or as a blocker. If he can develop that element of his game and add a few pounds to his 205 frame, Tucker could be the sleeper back in this draft. Many still have Tucker underrated, but I like that you have him this high in your rankings.

I like your top 7, but there is the potential that someone like Kayshon Boutte or Blake Corum rises up draft boards in the pre-draft process to join that mix. I don't necessarily dislike the 1.07, but certainly in early rankings, there is a drop-off after Bijan and Gibbs at RB and the trio of JSN, Addison and Johnson at WR.

1. Bijan Robinson
2. Jahmyr Gibbs
3. Zach Evans
4. Jordan Addison
6. Sean Tucker

Yep, this is pretty much how I see it from the 7-spot. If the draft is happening today, I probably clean up the WR that falls and hope for greatness. My league is definitely capable of making some "aspirational" draft decisions, so it's not out of the possibility that someone grabs Bryce in the top 6 or reaches on Mayer out of pure desperation at the TE position.

With Boutee re-joining the top tier of Addison, Johnson, JSN, there's no question that one of those WRs will be there. HIggins is currently the 4th WR in my depth chart with Godwin 5th. Sutton and Alec Pierce behind that, who aren't exactly droppable. Hence, I have no problem passing on goodness at the WR position at 1.7, but if greatness is there, I have to take it and figure out roster balance later.

My gut instinct is that Addison is the most likely to hit big. It's no certainty at his size, but he could get there and should offer a pretty safe floor. Johnston and Boutee have the ceiling, but also have a floor that could disappoint, particularly Boutee. JSN is safe, but I think he's more likely to be very good, rather than great at the next level.

If my view of the WRs that might fall to me doesn't change between now and August, I think it's likely that anyone from Charbonnet/Corum/Achane/Miller/Bigsby that gets the draft capital, landing spot, and August drumbeat will win me over if they're available at the 7-spot. I also need to figure out If Evans and Tucker are must-draft selections if they fall. Depending on where I land on Gibbs, it might make sense to try to tempt the 1.2 with a package of Godwin and the 1.7. I'm not sold on him being that much better of a prospect than the other RBs at this point, but he might warrant it.
Why not trade your 1.07 and one of your depth WRs to move up in the draft? Or just trade one of your WRs for a Serviceable RB before the draft?

1. Bijan Robinson
2. Jahmyr Gibbs
3. Zach Evans
4. Jordan Addison
6. Sean Tucker

Why not trade your 1.07 and one of your depth WRs to move up in the draft? Or just trade one of your WRs for a Serviceable RB before the draft?
It's on the table, but sometimes it's easier said than done. The owner @ 1.1 went to ridiculous (tanking) lengths to secure that pick, so I'm pretty sure that there's no reasonable path to Bijan. Maybe Gibbs at the 1.2 is a target, but I'm sure they're also licking their chops. I'm not sure that a 2023 NFL team is handing over their backfield to Gibbs to be a bell cow. I'm kind of expecting him to be a headliner in a two-man show. A lesser version of that is probably on the board at 1.7. Gibbs is definitely the premium pick, but I'm not sure that the separation will be so large that it warrants forking over a Higgins or Godwin to make it happen. However, some package involving those pieces might be in play.

Moving down from 1.7 to get two bites at the apple in the early 2nd doesn't look like a bad value proposition either, but that could change by August. It puts Mayer in play for a team drafting ahead of me and Young, Stroud, or A-Rich (whoever falls in a 1QB) wouldn't be a bad developmental QB for me to add.

Like most, I definitely wish that I made a push for Jacobs or Sanders when their value was depressed. Perhaps the lesson is that the younger guys that no longer have the new car smell is where the RB value lies in the trade market. I suppose that might apply to guys like Najee, Swift, or Dobbins. I would add Javonte, but that injury scares me.

The cupboard isn't bare. D. Henry and CMC probably won't drop off a cliff. Hoping that they spend a little time in fantasy RB2/RB3 territory when they fall from RB1. Dillon and Herbert could get a bump, but I'm not expecting either to get to RB1 status. Adding another good young RB (even if it's another mid-level fantasy RB2) would help my team. Adding a good WR does very little, other than making one of my existing WRs that much more expendable.

I will take Boutee or Johnston if I'm sold on them having a chance to be great (not expecting Addison or JSN to fall to 1.7). I'm pretty sure the RB options at 1.7 will be goodness and not greatness.

Implied 1QB .5 PPR user consensus draft board from KTC:

1. Bijan Robinson rb
2. Gibbs rb
3. Smith-Njigba wr
4. Addison wr
5. Johnston wr
6. Young qb
7. Evans rb
8. Boutte wr
9. Tucker rb
10. Mayer te
11. Downs wr
12. Stroud qb

13. Bigsby rb
14. Corum rb
15. Charbonnet rb
16. Hyatt wr
17. Achane rb
18. Levis qb
19. A. Richardson qb
20. Mims wr
21. Milton rb
22. Gray rb
23. Jarrett wr
24. McLellan rb

25. Darnell Washington te
26. Gilbert te
27. Van Dyke qb
28. Flowers wr
29. Burton wr
30. Rattler qb
31. Bowman rb
32. Parker Washington wr
33. Ainias Smith wr
34. Lloyd rb

I'm not very familiar with KTC, but I believe it's a somewhat accurate portrait of the community consensus from anyone interested enough in draft prospects and devy to visit their website. Kendre Miller, McBride, Chase Brown, Rashee Rice, Vaughn, Jameim Bell, Kraft, Kincaid all appear to be MIA. These are guys I'm at least looking at as potential 2nd or 3rd round rookie draft picks.

Some quick takeaways:

*would love to see Evans at 1.7, regardless of losing the job to Judkins
*Boutee might get a boost now that he's back in, this was pulled from a greater Devy list
*top half of the 2nd round looks like a great spot to add RB depth, maybe the 2nd round as a whole depending on how you feel about Miller, McBride, and Brown
*for a chance at a potential cheat code QB, sign me up for A-Rich at the 2.7 in a 1QB

Implied 1QB .5 PPR user consensus draft board from KTC:

1. Bijan Robinson rb
2. Gibbs rb
3. Smith-Njigba wr
4. Addison wr
5. Johnston wr
6. Young qb
7. Evans rb
8. Boutte wr
9. Tucker rb
10. Mayer te
11. Downs wr
12. Stroud qb

13. Bigsby rb
14. Corum rb
15. Charbonnet rb
16. Hyatt wr
17. Achane rb
18. Levis qb
19. A. Richardson qb
20. Mims wr
21. Milton rb
22. Gray rb
23. Jarrett wr
24. McLellan rb

25. Darnell Washington te
26. Gilbert te
27. Van Dyke qb
28. Flowers wr
29. Burton wr
30. Rattler qb
31. Bowman rb
32. Parker Washington wr
33. Ainias Smith wr
34. Lloyd rb

I'm not very familiar with KTC, but I believe it's a somewhat accurate portrait of the community consensus from anyone interested enough in draft prospects and devy to visit their website. Kendre Miller, McBride, Chase Brown, Rashee Rice, Vaughn, Jameim Bell, Kraft, Kincaid all appear to be MIA. These are guys I'm at least looking at as potential 2nd or 3rd round rookie draft picks.

Some quick takeaways:

*would love to see Evans at 1.7, regardless of losing the job to Judkins
*Boutee might get a boost now that he's back in, this was pulled from a greater Devy list
*top half of the 2nd round looks like a great spot to add RB depth, maybe the 2nd round as a whole depending on how you feel about Miller, McBride, and Brown
*for a chance at a potential cheat code QB, sign me up for A-Rich at the 2.7 in a 1QB
Our early draft boards will no doubt change significantly, but great effort. Mine is definitely a work in progress, but it does not look significantly different than yours:

DYNASTY PPR ROOKIE DRAFT RANKINGS
(Non Superflex, Start 1 QB) (Non TE Premium)

ROUND ONE
1.01 RB1 (Tier 1) Bijan Robinson 6-0 220 Texas (Round 1)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TIER BREAK ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1.02 RB2 (Tier 2) Jahmyr Gibbs 5-11 200 Alabama (Round 1-2)
1.03 WR1 (Tier 1) Jaxon Smith-Njigba 6-1 200 Ohio State (Round 1)
1.04 WR2 (Tier 1) Jordan Addison 6-0 170 USC (Round 1)
1.05 WR3 (Tier 1) Quentin Johnston 6-4 215 TCU (Round 1)
1.06 RB3 (Tier 3) Sean Tucker 5-10 205 Syracuse (Round 3)
1.07 RB4 (Tier 3) Zach Evans 6-0 205 Ole Miss (Round 3)
1.08 WR4 (Tier 2) Rashee Rice 6-2 203 SMU (Round 2)
1.09 WR5 (Tier 2) Josh Downs 5-10 175 N. Carolina (Round 2)
1.10 WR6 (Tier 2) Kayshon Boutte 6-0 205 LSU (Round 3)
1.11 TE1 (Tier 1) Michael Mayer 6-4 265 Notre Dame (Round 1)
1.12 WR7 (Tier 2) Jalin Hyatt 6-0 180 Tennessee (Round 1)

ROUND TWO
2.01 RB5 (Tier 3) Zach Charbonnet 6-1 220 UCLA (Round 3)
2.02 RB6 (Tier 3) Blake Corum 5-8 210 Michigan (Round 3)
2.03 QB1 (Tier 1) Bryce Young 6-0 194 Alabama (Round 1)
2.04 QB2 (Tier 1) C.J. Stroud 6-3 218 Ohio State (Round 1)
2.05 RB7 (Tier 4) Devon Achane 5-9 185 Texas A&M (Round 2)
2.06 RB8 (Tier 4) Kendre Miller 6-0 220 TCU (Round 5)
2.07 RB9 (Tier 4) Tank Bigsby 6-0 213 Auburn (Round 4)
2.08 WR8 (Tier 3) Zay Flowers 5-10 172 Boston College (Round 2)
2.09 WR9 (Tier 3) Cedric Tillman 6-3 215 Tennessee (Round 2)
2.10 RB10 (Tier 4) Mohamed Ibrahim 5-10 210 Minnesota (Round 5)
2.11 RB11 (Tier 4) Israel Abanikanda 5-11 215 Pittsburgh (Round 5)
2.12 QB3 (Tier 2) Will Levis 6-3 232 Kentucky (Round 1)

ROUND THREE
3.01 TE2 (Tier 2) Dalton Kincaid 6-4 240 Utah (Round 2)
3.02 QB4 (Tier 2) Anthony Richardson 6-4 232 Florida (Round 1)
3.03 WR10 (Tier 4) Marvin Mims, Jr. 5-11 184 Oklahoma (Round 4)
3.04 RB12 (Tier 5) Kenny McIntosh 6-1 210 Georgia (Round 4)
3.05 RB13 (Tier 5) Deuce Vaughn 5-6 176 Kansas State (Round 5)
3.06 WR11 (Tier 4) Xavier Hutchinson 6-3 205 Iowa State (Round 4)
3.07 RB14 (Tier 5) Chase Brown 5-11 205 Illinois (Round 4)
3.08 WR13 (Tier 4) Parker Washington 5-10 215 Penn State (Round 3)
3.09 RB15 (Tier 5) Eric Gray 5-10 211 Oklahoma (Round 4)
3.10 WR12 (Tier4) Rakim Jarrett 6-0 190 Maryland (Round 4)
3.11 WR14 (Tier 5) Dontayvion Wicks 6-2 208 Virginia (Round 4)
3.12 WR15 (Tier 5) A.T. Perry 6-5 205 Wake Forest (Round 4)

ROUND FOUR
4.01 WR16 (Tier 5) Ronnie Bell 6-0 190 Michigan (Round 6)
4.02 RB16 (Tier 6) DeWayne McBride 5-11 215 UAB (Round 4)
4.03 WR17 (Tier 5) Rome Odunze 6-3 201 Washington (Round 5)
4.04 TE3 (Tier 3) Darnell Washington 6-7 270 Georgia (Round 2)
4.05 TE4 (Tier 3) Sam LaPorta 6-4 249 Iowa (Round 2)
4.06 TE5 (Tier 3) Luke Musgrave 6-6 250 Oregon State (Round 2)
4.07 QB5 (Tier 3) Hendon Hooker 6-4 218 Tennessee (Round 2) ⛑️
4.08 WR18 (Tier 5) Jayden Reed 6-0 185 Michigan State (Round 6)
4.09 WR19 (Tier 5) Jonathan Mingo 6-2 225 Ole Miss (Round 5)
4.10 WR20 (Tier 5) Charlie Jones 6-0 188 Purdue (Round 5)
4.11 WR21 (Tier 5) Dontay Demus Jr. 6-4 215 Maryland (Round 5)
4.12 RB17 (Tier 6) Chris Rodriguez Jr. 5-11 224 Kentucky (Round 6)

ROUND FIVE
5.01 TE6 (Tier 4) Tucker Kraft 6-5 255 S. Dakota State (Round 4)
5.02 WR22 (Tier 6) Nathaniel Dell 5-10 165 Houston (Round 3)
5.03 WR23 (Tier 6) Jadon Haselwood 6-3 213 Arkansas (Round 6)
5.04 QB6 (Tier 4) Jaren Hall 6-1 205 BYU (Round 3)
5.05 RB18 (Tier 7) Tyjae Spears 5-10 195 Tulane (Round 7)
5.06 RB19 (Tier 7) Roschon Johnson 6-2 223 Texas (Round 4)
5.07 QB7 (Tier 4) Tanner McKee 6-6 230 Stanford (Round 3)
5.08 QB9 (Tier 4) Spencer Rattler 6-1 215 South Carolina (Round 4)
5.09 WR24 (Tier 6) Zakhari Franklin 6-1 185 UTSA (Round 7)
5.10 WR25 (Tier 6) Trey Palmer 6-1 190 Nebraska (Round 6)
5.11 RB20 (Tier 7) Travis Dye 5-10 200 USC (UDFA) ⛑️
5.12 RB21 (Tier 7) Keaton Mitchell 5-9 184 E. Carolina (Round 7)

Last edited:
^^^^^^^ great list, @socrates A few new names for me in the back half that I will have to check out

To be clear, the one I posted earlier is from keeptradecut.com That site actually asks you to rank three random players (usually redraft, sometimes devy) before you can access their rankings. I pulled the likely 2023 draftees from a larger devy list, but I probably missed a few. It's a flawed method, and it's dubious that Kendre Miller (among others) isn't on their devy list of 66 at all. However, their methodology should yield a decent snapshot of how leaguemates might have the draft pegged at this point in time.

It always feels like a struggle to find quality sites with up-to-date rookie and devy rankings. Frankly, I probably rely on the footballguys posters in threads like this as much as anything :) I appreciate the fantasypros consensus dynasty list, but their devy rankings don't inspire confidence.

Fusue @DevyEusuf
Every P5 RB who declared after three years with the following thresholds (career averages):

EPA Per play - 0.19
Receiving Yards per Team Pass Attempt - 0.40
Rushing Yards per game - 70

Bijan Robinson, Zach Evans, Devon Achane, Deuce Vaughn in good company.

TJ Yeldon...somehow he is only 29...feels like he should be closer to 40...thought he was gonna be something after a solid rookie year, but he left us at the altar.

Calling Sean Tucker a "linear" back is certainly a choice by that PFF writer.

One of the most elusive backs in the draft. Highly adept at east-west running and making people miss.

Tucker's film suggests he may be worthy of a late 1, so it will be interesting to see NFL front offices weigh in.

Suspect he goes between 35-55 when it's all said and done, but he can be the best RB from this draft potentially.

Anyone have any inside info on Boutte? Very odd career at LSU and this staying at school/now declaring seemed to come out of nowhere...gonna be really interesting to watch whether his stock rises or falls during this process.
I saw a rumor on twitter that he as well as a couple other players, and some staff were involved in a "sex party" and were caught. Not like an assault type thing, to be clear. But still inappropriate for staff to be involved in obv. Someone was allegedly already dismissed, and they told Boutte he wasnt playing the bowl game and he should re consider entering the draft. Im assuming they were insinuating future punishments, either for him or the program.

The guys twitter was @___daner

Seems more likely that Boutte had a bad season because his QB Jayden Daniels is a run first, barely pass type player that he didn't get on with, it looked like Daniels would enter the draft so he decided to stay put and try and increase his stock with the next QB up, and when Daniels decided to return to LSU he did a U-turn to get away from him.

Seems more likely that Boutte had a bad season because his QB Jayden Daniels is a run first, barely pass type player that he didn't get on with, it looked like Daniels would enter the draft so he decided to stay put and try and increase his stock with the next QB up, and when Daniels decided to return to LSU he did a U-turn to get away from him.
thats fascinating and kind of bullish for Boutte. testing will be interesting for him.

>>> LINK to video
-------------------
Marcus Mosher
@Marcus_Mosher
One of my favorite late Day 3/UDFA players in this class is Oklahoma TE/FB Brayden Willis(No. 9) 6'3, 240 and he's a fantastic blocker. No. 2 graded pass blocker in CFB by
@PFF
+ No. 10 graded run blocker.

Marcus Mosher
@Marcus_Mosher
He's also played 841 career special teams snaps, according to
@PFF
. That's going to get him on a roster right away. Good player.

Marcus Mosher

@Marcus_Mosher
You guys know I am a sucker for TEs that can line up all over the field. It's why I'm such a big fan of Oklahoma FB/TE Brayden Willis
>>> LINK to chart

I had been thinking this way until the CFB playoff game. Before that Stroud seemed like another Goff - a really good arm that wilted under any pressure. But Stroud showed more moxie in that one game last week than Goff has shown in his 8 year career. I'd like him in Detroit.

I had been thinking this way until the CFB playoff game. Before that Stroud seemed like another Goff - a really good arm that wilted under any pressure. But Stroud showed more moxie in that one game last week than Goff has shown in his 8 year career. I'd like him in Detroit.

Not to mention his use of his legs for rushing. Clearly has the ability to motor at a decent level if required

I just paid out all the winners, switched all our rosters into offseason mode (35 max, no IR, no taxi), posted the 2023 rookie draft order, and started collecting fees for the new league year. Let the 2023 dynasty season begin! 😎

Looking forward to seeing what teams my 2023 devy guys get drafted by: Bijan, Quentin, Mayer (TEP league), Mims, Jarrett.
And what I can do with my picks in the rookie / devy draft: 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, 2.11, 3.09, 3.11, 3.12

Last edited:

Skill player mocks from the article:
1.02- Texans- Young QB
1.04- Colts- Stroud QB
1.07- Raiders- Levis QB
1.09- Panthers- Richardson QB
1.12- Texans- Johnston WR
1.15- Packers- Mayer- TE
1.21- Jaguars- Addison- WR
1.22- Giants- Smith-Njigba- WR
1.23- Ravens- Robinson RB
1.24- Chargers- Hyatt WR
1.29- Bills- Rice WR
1.31- Eagles- Gibbs RB

If Bijan goes to BAL, I'm a little less bummed I don't have the 1.01. Somehow I doubt that happens though. Gibbs in PHI would be mediocre. Great OLine but Hurts is the goal line back.

That's the most steam I've seen on Miller and Abanikanda. To see a guy like Tucker #8, Bigsby #9, or even McBride and Vaughn at 19/20 makes me want to go through depth charts to identify how many NFL RBs with anything approaching a fantasy relevant or backup role that will be dropping off of the fantasy radar this offseason. There will be some, but I don't think I'll find anywhere near as many as the number of rookies I have been thinking will stick as a backup.

Either it will be Bijan, Gibbs, with a half-dozen finding their way to some kind of a role and everyone else busting -or- we will soon be looking back longingly on NFL offenses that only deployed a two RB rotation, while everyone else has moved on to three or more.

Users who are viewing this thread