What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2023 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

This class looks worse and worse by the week in my opinion.
trying to acquire 2023 picks? Or who's value do you think has tanked?
Off hand
Bijan- value same
Gibbs- value up
Tucker- value same
JSN- injured, so slightly lowered (not for me though)
Addison- value up
Boutte- value dinged
Downs- value up
Johnston- value up
Young/Stroud- value same
Corum- value up
Bigsby- value decrease/same?
Mayer- value same

There is the first round. I only see Boutte, maybe JSN, and Bigsby as slightly lower. The rest are same or increase.

Stroud's value isn't up. Tucker's value is down. I think Johnston's value is only up because Boutte and JSN are down. Tank is down. I think Addison is about the same personally. Not sure Gibbs value is drastically up either.

Dunno man, it just doesn't seem like the other worldly class it was billed as. I have plenty of picks this year and I'm not especially moved by anyone really. I'm sure these guys are no more or less talented than any other class, just doesn't feel like they've really nailed it home with their performances.

Stroud's value isn't up. Tucker's value is down. I think Johnston's value is only up because Boutte and JSN are down. Tank is down. I think Addison is about the same personally. Not sure Gibbs value is drastically up either.

Dunno man, it just doesn't seem like the other worldly class it was billed as. I have plenty of picks this year and I'm not especially moved by anyone really. I'm sure these guys are no more or less talented than any other class, just doesn't feel like they've really nailed it home with their performances.
Didn't have Stroud's value as up
Tucker I am with you, I have just seen others that are up on him so I said same.
Johnston I disagree with you. He is 6'4" with good speed. I think he is up regardless of what others are doing.
Gibbs I disagree with you. He has been elite catching out of the backfield. To the right team he could be deadly.

I am enamored with Bijan and a few of the WRs so I really like the top end of this draft and think it has good to great depth.

Not sure Gibbs value is drastically up either.
What? He might be a 1st round pick.

And you probably haven’t watched many Syracuse games this year(I don’t blame you) if you think Tucker’s value is decreased. He’s the entire offense on a bad team that overachieved earlier in the year.

You can’t just look at raw stats and assume its the specific player that’s underachieving without looking at context. Quentin Johnston is another example. He was an afterthought to start the year and then TCU remembered that they had an athletic freak at WR and began funneling their offense through him.

I’m curious how Stroud’s value has decreased in your eyes, too? Now Levis? I’ll give you that one.

But if you’re really not sold on the class the good news is you’ll be able to move your picks easily, and they’re only going to gain value. I got a feeling your tune may change about this class after the NFL draft, though.

Yeah it may just be me. I was expecting, based on how it was all hyped before the season started, for these guys to all smash in college this year. Bonafide stud production on a weekly basis. Not quite worked out that way.
I'm sure it's going to be a good batch still. Just commenting that it doesn't look quite as good as billed.

PFF News Mailbag: Top-5 QBs in 2023 NFL Draft, Patriots' offensive woes and more

Excerpt:

@_JEFFHANCOCK: DOUG, WHO ARE YOUR TOP FIVE QBS IN THE UPCOMING NFL DRAFT AND WHERE DO YOU SEE BEING SELECTED?​

It’s so hard for me to concentrate fully on college football during the NFL season, so I personally get more caught up on draft prospects after the Super Bowl. I still watch every University of Washington game because I grew up in Seattle as a Huskies fan, so my favorite quarterback is Michael Penix Jr., but I’m biased. And from at least one scout I spoke to, he’s not expected to be a top prospect despite his gaudy stats.

PFF’s Michael Renner has Alabama’s Bryce Young, Kentucky’s Will Levis, Ohio State’s C.J. Stroud, Stanford’s Tanner McKee and Tennessee’s Hendon Hooker as his top five QBs in the 2023 NFL Draft.

Asking around the league, it sounds like Florida’s Anthony Richardson belongs in the conversation, as well, as long as he declares after the season. He had a tough two-game stretch in Weeks 2 and 3, but he has a respectable 84.5 PFF grade from Week 4 and beyond with 11 big-time throws and just six turnover-worthy plays. He’s also one of college football’s most dynamic running QBs with 55 carries for 646 yards and nine rushing touchdowns this season at 6-foot-4, 232 pounds.

Including the first three weeks of the season, Richardson has a 76.5 grade on the season, which is significantly higher than Levis’ 67.1 mark but falls behind Hooker (91.0), Young (89.7) and Stroud (83.9). McKee has a 74.7 overall grade.

Hooker will be 25 years old in January and doesn’t play in an offense that’s expected to translate particularly well to the NFL, but he’s been one of college football’s most accurate deep throwers, and he’s one of the highest-graded running QBs in the FBS. It will be fascinating to see where he winds up going in the draft because opinions are split on whether or not he’s a first-rounder. I have heard that he’ll interview off the charts.

Users who are viewing this thread