What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] 2023 NFL Draft Class (1 Viewer)

NFL Rookie Watch@NFLRookieWatxh

CJ Stroud final regular season stats:
• 66.2 CMP%
• 3,340 yards
• 37 TD
• 6 INT
• 83.6 QBR
• 11-1 record
The Buckeyes QB is the current favorite to be the first overall pick in the Draft 1f440.png
-------------------------
Bryce Young final regular season stats:
• 63.8 CMP%
• 2,664 yards
• 27 TOT TD
• 80.5 QBR
• 9-2 record
The Alabama QB is set to be a top five pick in the Draft 1f440.png

Is there an obvious pick to go to at 1.04 at this stage in superflex assuming all of Stroud/Young/Bijan are taken? Obviously a lot of time between now and rookie drafts and landing spots will matter a lot, but is it looking like a huge dropoff right before I'd pick?

Agreed, if picking TODAY, I think that is the pick. Unless you can get can on-board with Levis or Richardson. have a huge need, and have a high pain tolerance.

Is there an obvious pick to go to at 1.04 at this stage in superflex assuming all of Stroud/Young/Bijan are taken? Obviously a lot of time between now and rookie drafts and landing spots will matter a lot, but is it looking like a huge dropoff right before I'd pick?
Jahmyr Gibbs I'd say.
I am a huge Gibbs fan, but if there is one knock on him, it is his size. There are not a lot of examples of 200 pound backs getting the volume in the NFL for fantasy success. Gibbs is often compared to Alvin Kamara, and I certainly see the similarities, but Kamara came into the NFL measuring 5-10, 214 lbs. Compare that to Gibbs at 5-11, 200 lbs. Those are essentially the same measurements James Cook turned in, and while Cook is an exciting back, his size has arguably limited him. If you are looking for examples of similarly-sized backs succeeding in the NFL, I would point to Christian McCaffrey and Reggie Bush, and Gibbs compares favorably to them.

As we get into draft season, I suspect much will be made of Gibbs' lack of size (and Bijan's lack of speed), but in non-superflex leagues, I have Jahmyr Gibbs at the 1.02 behind Bijan Robinson, followed by JSN.

Several NFL scouts reportedly believe Jalen Carter is the best interior DL prospect the NFL Draft has seen since “Aaron Donald.”
The Georgia DT has not declared for the Draft yet, but is expected to 1f440.png

"Gibbs at 5-11, 200 lbs"

CMac is very close to the same measurements. Not saying Gibbs is the next coming of CMac, just pointing out they have similar physicals. What concerns memos about Gibbs is his lack of use at Bama. When he was at Geo Tech his talent jumped off the page. He was barely noticeable in most of the Bama games I watched this year.

My top 24 (2 rounds) of 2023 NFL Draft Prospects for Dynasty start 1QB leagues are as follows. If SuperFlex move Bryce Young to 1.02 and C J Stroud to 1.03.

1.01 - Bijan Robinson
1.02 - Jahmyr Gibbs
1.03 - Jaxon Smith-Njigba
1.04 - Jordan Addison
1.05 - Quentin Johnson
1.06 - Bryce Young
1.07 - Zach Evans
1.08 - Sean Tucker
1.09 - Blake Corrum
1.10 - Michael Mayer
1.11 - C J Stroud
1.12 - Josh Downs
2.01 - Zach Charbonet
2.02 - Tank Bigsby
2.03 - Kendre Miller (although I like him more than Bigsby ;) )
2.04 - Will Levis
2.05 - Anthony Richardson (probably a bust)
2.06 - Rashee Rice
2.07 - Zay Flowers
2.08 - Mohamed Ibrahim
2.09 - Jalin Hyatt
2.10 - Jermaine Burton
2.11 - Marvin Mims
2.12 - Chase Brown

You could add RB Devon Achane in there as well, but at 5'8" 185, I think he's a gadget player. You could also add in there at the end players like RB Eric Gray, WR Cedric Tillman,TE Dalton Kincaid, TE Sam LaPorta, TE Arik Gilbert, WR Parker Washington, QB Spencer Rattler (if he declares), QB Hendon Hooker,(ACL), QB K J Jefferson and WR Rakim Jarrett (really disapponted considering what he was ranked at one time).

Last edited:
1.6 is a pretty emphatic endorsement of Bryce Young in 1QB. Are you thinking he's a top 5 NFL QB? Or is this more about not loving the names behind him?

I will admit to having Achane firmly in my top 12 after Corum and Tucker (almost a what the heck late 1st). However, you're probably correct in your assessment. If size concerns kept him out of your top 24, I won't ask where you're willing to take a flier on Deuce. :-)

Other guys that I have rounding out the back of my top 24: McBride rb, Darnell Washington te, Jaheim Bell te. Apologies if any of these have declared their intent to return.

Question for the collective group on a couple of rb names. At one point in time (18-24 months or so), there were people in this forum pretty high on these names as guys that could ascend to the top of the RB pack.

Kendall Milton - Obviously, UGA RB explains a lot. What's the verdict here? More of a plodder than we hoped? I still occasionally see him in the 2nd round of fantasy rookie mocks.

Demarkcus Bowman - Now UCF. Completely vanished. Looks like this might just be a bad run of injuries.

Any sleeper value at the next level for either of these guys, or just the usual spillage of trying to project RBs from two years out?

Gibbs is often compared to Alvin Kamara, and I certainly see the similarities, but Kamara came into the NFL measuring 5-10, 214 lbs. Compare that to Gibbs at 5-11, 200 lbs.
These two measurements look the same to a lot of people looking at rookies, but they are not. They are very very different.

Gibbs is often compared to Alvin Kamara, and I certainly see the similarities, but Kamara came into the NFL measuring 5-10, 214 lbs. Compare that to Gibbs at 5-11, 200 lbs.
These two measurements look the same to a lot of people looking at rookies, but they are not. They are very very different.
I'll be honest, I'm one of that "lot of people" ignorant to how significant it is. I just think, naively, "not much different, couldn't he easily gain 14 pounds if he wanted?"

I'll be honest, I'm one of that "lot of people" ignorant to how significant it is. I just think, naively, "not much different, couldn't he easily gain 14 pounds if he wanted?"
I'm going to start an analytics thread after the season, it's time. It was actually time 10 years ago.

1.6 is a pretty emphatic endorsement of Bryce Young in 1QB. Are you thinking he's a top 5 NFL QB? Or is this more about not loving the names behind him?

I will admit to having Achane firmly in my top 12 after Corum and Tucker (almost a what the heck late 1st). However, you're probably correct in your assessment. If size concerns kept him out of your top 24, I won't ask where you're willing to take a flier on Deuce. :-)

Other guys that I have rounding out the back of my top 24: McBride rb, Darnell Washington te, Jaheim Bell te. Apologies if any of these have declared their intent to return.

Question for the collective group on a couple of rb names. At one point in time (18-24 months or so), there were people in this forum pretty high on these names as guys that could ascend to the top of the RB pack.

Kendall Milton - Obviously, UGA RB explains a lot. What's the verdict here? More of a plodder than we hoped? I still occasionally see him in the 2nd round of fantasy rookie mocks.

Demarkcus Bowman - Now UCF. Completely vanished. Looks like this might just be a bad run of injuries.

Any sleeper value at the next level for either of these guys, or just the usual spillage of trying to project RBs from two years out?
I'm ranking Young in start 1qb leagues like I ranked Robinson in SF. They are that good of a fantasy asset. I had Bowman higher than most at one time, but kind of lost interest after he fell off the cliff. Milton hasn't done much and may go undrafted, but people were high on him a couple of years ago.

I'm ranking Young in start 1qb leagues like I ranked Robinson in SF. They are that good of a fantasy asset. I had Bowman higher than most at one time, but kind of lost interest after he fell off the cliff. Milton hasn't done much and may go undrafted, but people were high on him a couple of years ago.

Agreed...when you look at the fantasy landscape the elite QBs like Mahomes, Allen and Hurts are making a big difference...in both my Dynasty leagues the top 3 team this year have those guys...and Burrow is on a top 5 team in both leagues as well...if Young is that good you can lock down your QB spot for years and hopefully have someone who can go toe-to-toe with those other heavyweight QBs.

Last edited:
I suppose there is always the risk of getting Kenny Gainwell'd However, he has also shown he can carry the load by averaging 12 carries a game and more than that over the last 7 weeks (15.85).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread