What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty and Redraft: David Johnson Saints (1 Viewer)

what an incredible performance this year.  congrats to him and to the folks that drafted him.  i'm likely playing against him week 15 and already having panic attacks :)    (how on earth does he not score 25+ against the saints at home?)

Last edited by a moderator:
With EE & DJ, I think next year we'lol see 2 RB in the top 3-4 for the first time in a while.

Johnson is my pick at 1.01 in any format. Speaking as someone who once had Faulk, I'm beyond thrilled with him at 1:05. He's dreamy.  :wub:

With EE & DJ, I think next year we'lol see 2 RB in the top 3-4 for the first time in a while.

Johnson is my pick at 1.01 in any format. Speaking as someone who once had Faulk, I'm beyond thrilled with him at 1:05. He's dreamy.  :wub:
Not only is he a beast, but he just seems like a good dude.  If you follow him on Twitter, he retweets alot of stuff fans send him and seems to be involved in some worthwile activities.  

First time in awhile? This is the first year ever where 2 rbs didn't go in the top 3-4.

• Smile
Reactions: SCT
Scored 16 points in my league in a week where he "#### the bed."   

This guy would be a WR2 in PPR if you started him at WR and took away all of his rushing stats.  Just unreal.  Think we saw his floor yesterday.  

Yeah, he's phenomenal. I know it's a little of "be careful what you wish for", but I think we can put to bed any concerns about what happens when Palmer is gone, considering just how bad he's been this year.

Yeah, he's phenomenal. I know it's a little of "be careful what you wish for", but I think we can put to bed any concerns about what happens when Palmer is gone, considering just how bad he's been this year.
Palmer hasn't been great, but he hasn't been awful either. He'll still throw for 4k yards and 25 tds.  The Cards problem is the Oline is a hot steamy mess and Palmer hasn't had the time he had to throw last year.  DJ has been great behind an awful OLine, I expect next year with the Iupati and Veldheer healthy should be a better year all around.

Palmer hasn't been great, but he hasn't been awful either. He'll still throw for 4k yards and 25 tds.  The Cards problem is the Oline is a hot steamy mess and Palmer hasn't had the time he had to throw last year.  DJ has been great behind an awful OLine, I expect next year with the Iupati and Veldheer healthy should be a better year all around.
He's been pretty awful in the games I've seen him play, but my main point is that DJ doesn't need even average QB play in order to be a stud, so I'm not worried about him if/when they move on from Palmer.

Wow!

I didn't realize he was close enough to attain 1,000 receiving yards to join Marshall Faulk and Rodger Craig as the only RBs in NFL history to finish with 1,000 rushing and receiving yards in the same season.

Not sure he makes it but I had no idea he was close enough to threaten getting 1,000 yards receiving.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/preview?gameId=400874689

... David Johnson, ...stands a chance to become only the third player in NFL history to finish with more than 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards.

Johnson already has 1,085 rushing yards and he's 255 receiving yards from 1,000 with three games to play. Marshall Faulk (1999) and Roger Craig (1985) are the only players to accomplish the feat.

Wow!

I didn't realize he was close enough to attain 1,000 receiving yards to join Marshall Faulk and Rodger Craig as the only RBs in NFL history to finish with 1,000 rushing and receiving yards in the same season.

Not sure he makes it but I had no idea he was close enough to threaten getting 1,000 yards receiving.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/preview?gameId=400874689

... David Johnson, ...stands a chance to become only the third player in NFL history to finish with more than 1,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards.

Johnson already has 1,085 rushing yards and he's 255 receiving yards from 1,000 with three games to play. Marshall Faulk (1999) and Roger Craig (1985) are the only players to accomplish the feat.
Maybe those comparisons to Faulk at the beginning of the season weren't so far fetched after all.

Yeah I kinda jumped off topic I was just talking about the great season he's having not the 1000 yards receiving. Faulk is in the conversation for best FF RB ever. 

Hoping that Arians does what he can to get DJ those 1K receiving yards given there's no playoff concerns for the team.

Hoping that Arians does what he can to get DJ those 1K receiving yards given there's no playoff concerns for the team.
Why would he though? He might do the exact opposite actually. He doesn't want to have DJ suffer a serious injury in a meaningless game. I can see a scenario where his touches are limited a little........

Why would he though? He might do the exact opposite actually. He doesn't want to have DJ suffer a serious injury in a meaningless game. I can see a scenario where his touches are limited a little........
You're probably right. And as a dynasty owner out of the playoffs for this year, I'd be fine to see him rested more. I'd only want to see the 1K/1K just because he deserves it for having such a great year while his team crumbled, and the fact that he seems like a really good dude.

Arians was on the radio a week or so ago and said that DJ should get 1k and 1k. It sounded like something he wanted to happen. He also said recently that they are not going to sit people - that they are playing to win every game.

With the line in shambles, I see DJ getting a ton of carries and a lot of short dump offs. Full steam ahead!

I am at awe as Johnson is a pure stud. I was all in on Johnson but had picks 12 to 14 in 5 of 7 leagues. The other leagues I win the championship thanks to Johnson. Glad I survived Nelson's incredible day.

Missed getting DJ in 2 rookie drafts by 1 pick last year when I was fully intending to take him.......been regretting it ever since that day . :kicksrock:

Just an amazing championship week performance.  He has me in a position to win my FFPC Satellite.  Best gift I'll probably get this christmas.

Won me my league last night for sure.  Wish I had him in keeper league.  Alas he will surely go to someone else next season.  Some other lucky guy.  I hope that guy treats you right DJ.   Like I do.  Lol

One of the best decisions I've ever made, of any aspect, was selecting David Johnson in the 11th round of my keep-3 league in 2015. 

I've won back-to-back titles and, under our rules, can keep him for an 11th rounder his entire career if I so desire.

So he's at 15 games in a row over 100 total scrimmage yards, which I read is a record.  Is that right?  Presumably Arians will get him the same in the last game next week.  Pretty cool.

So he's at 15 games in a row over 100 total scrimmage yards, which I read is a record.  Is that right?  Presumably Arians will get him the same in the last game next week.  Pretty cool.
The 15 straight to start the season is a record. Barry got 15 straight but didn't start the season with one. 16 would be the record for consecutive 100 yard games and it's a darn good bet Arians will make sure he gets it.

I am literally sad that I have to say goodbye to my beloved 1st RD pick this year.  It pains me that some other undeserving schlub in my league will get him next year.  Lol.  

Users who are viewing this thread