What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty/Deep Keeper IDP League who to keep/try to trade--Leave a link, WHIR (1 Viewer)

jm192

Footballguy
We have a 12 team 0.5 PPR, 1 QB league.  30 Rosters spots.  Start QB/WR/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/Flex  LB/LB/DL/DL/DB/DB/2x D-flex.  We keep 15 each year.  No pick penalties or anything like that

I've wittled out the guys I definitely won't keep and the definite keepers.  I've got 16 or 17 guys worth keeping.  Here's who we're down to for cuts.

Definitely Keeping:  

RB:  Sanders/Montgomery

WR:  Tyreke Hill, Ridley, Lamb, McLaurin, Higgins

TE:  Andrews

DL:  Myles Garrett

DB:  Chinn/D James

The ??'s (4 spots left)

QB:  Tua:  My only other QB is Matt Ryan and I probably won't carry him over.  We'll have a rookie/FA draft, and I'm hoping to land Lawrence or Lance from the 12 spot.  

DL:  Cam Jordan.  I have Myles Garrett also.  Cam had a down year and is 33.  I wouldn't be surprised if he has 1 or 2 more good seasons in him.  But it's a stock I'm ready to get out of.  

LB:  This is the most complicated area.  I have Devin Bush/Patrick Queen/Eric Kendricks, and Kenneth Murray.  I like all 4 of these guys.  I would lean towards keeping the first 3.  But I do like Murray a lot.  He's probably the easiest to get back in the redraft.  

Considering throwing out something like Tee Higgins and Cam Jordan for Chase Young or Nick Bosa.  

If I can't make a trade, do I just throw Tua back and hope to catch him in the draft?  

Leave a link, WHIR

Last edited by a moderator:
How do the IDP's score compared to the offense?  That will go a long way to deciding what to do about the LB's.  I would also put the LB's in the order of Queen, Bush, Murray, & Kendricks.  Kendricks is a much better NFL LB than fantasy LB.   I think his stats got a little inflated last year because of the injuries and lack of DL play from the Vikes.  I see him going back a bit in terms of fantasy production.

I rarely keep DB's because they are generally like kickers in that they are basically all the same and you can always find starting points off the waiver wire any day of the week.  Although your two are good I would only keep Chinn.  James is too injury prone and you have no idea if he has recovered.  I would rather keep all 4 LB's and put Derwin back.  

I doubt your trade offer of Higgins and Jordan for Young or Bosa would work but I have no idea how DL is valued in your league.  Some leagues they are throw in players and in others they are key cornerstones.  This is really league dependent.  

If you plan to get Lawrence or Lance in the draft I would keep Ryan over Tua.  I would rather have the safer play as you are already planning to draft the upside guy.  You don't need two of Tua/Lawrence/Lance and then have both of them underperform.  Give me Ryan and then draft the upside guy.  

Hope this helps.  

How do the IDP's score compared to the offense?  That will go a long way to deciding what to do about the LB's.  I would also put the LB's in the order of Queen, Bush, Murray, & Kendricks.  Kendricks is a much better NFL LB than fantasy LB.   I think his stats got a little inflated last year because of the injuries and lack of DL play from the Vikes.  I see him going back a bit in terms of fantasy production.

I rarely keep DB's because they are generally like kickers in that they are basically all the same and you can always find starting points off the waiver wire any day of the week.  Although your two are good I would only keep Chinn.  James is too injury prone and you have no idea if he has recovered.  I would rather keep all 4 LB's and put Derwin back.  

I doubt your trade offer of Higgins and Jordan for Young or Bosa would work but I have no idea how DL is valued in your league.  Some leagues they are throw in players and in others they are key cornerstones.  This is really league dependent.  

If you plan to get Lawrence or Lance in the draft I would keep Ryan over Tua.  I would rather have the safer play as you are already planning to draft the upside guy.  You don't need two of Tua/Lawrence/Lance and then have both of them underperform.  Give me Ryan and then draft the upside guy.  

Hope this helps.  
It's 1.5 points per tackle and 1.5 points per assist, 6 points per sack, 6 points per INT, 3 points for FF and 2 points for FR.  

Top LB's score near top WR's and Top RB's.  

Top DB's score like low end WR 1's, high end WR 2's

Top DL's score like mid to low end WR 2's

I'll definitely cut Kendricks.  I just looked at scoring and Ryan somehow finished as QB12 in this league, so the last of the QB1's.  He was so up and down, it's hard to love him.  But you're right he's probably the better keeper in this case.  

It's 1.5 points per tackle and 1.5 points per assist, 6 points per sack, 6 points per INT, 3 points for FF and 2 points for FR.  

Top LB's score near top WR's and Top RB's.  

Top DB's score like low end WR 1's, high end WR 2's

Top DL's score like mid to low end WR 2's

I'll definitely cut Kendricks.  I just looked at scoring and Ryan somehow finished as QB12 in this league, so the last of the QB1's.  He was so up and down, it's hard to love him.  But you're right he's probably the better keeper in this case.  

It depends on who you are keeping on whether I would cut Kendricks or not.  I probably wouldn't cut him to keep James (as I said above).  Even though DB's score high they are easy to find of the waiver wire and every year there are top 10 DB's available because they turn over so much.   The tough choice for me would be keeping Tua or Kendricks as your 15th guy.  I probably lean towards Tua because QB's are harder to find.  Kendricks is really a midlevel LB for fantasy so fairly easily replaced.  

Users who are viewing this thread