What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] DL #29 (1 Viewer)

DL #29

• Trent Cole

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orpheus Roye

• Tony Hargrove

• Javon Kearse

• Mattias Kiwanuka

• Erasmus James

• Chike Okeafor

• Mike Rucker

• Other

• Total voters

Tick

Footballguy
Please comment on your vote, and list any player that should be nominated for the next round. If you must assume a scoring system, go with 0.5 points per half-tackle, 3 points per sack / INT / FF / FR.

Defensive ends and Defensive tackles are rolled together for this category.

1. Julius Peppers

2. Dwight Freeney

3. Jason Taylor

4. Osi Umenyiora

5. Aaron Schobel

6. Charles Grant

7. Will Smith

8t. John Abraham

8t. Adewale Ogunleye

10. Terrell Suggs

11t. Robert Mathis

11t. Michael Strahan

13. Patrick Kerney

14. Bert Berry

15. Jared Allen

16. Derrick Burgess

17. John Henderson

18. Rod Coleman

19. Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila

20. Kyle Vanden Bosch

21. Leonard Little

22. Simeon Rice

23. Justin Smith

24. Alex Brown

25. Mario Williams®

26t. Kevin Williams

26t. James Hall

28. Aaron Kampman

Who's #29?

Suggestions on which players to add next are encouraged.

Waiting list: Greg Ellis, Darren Howard, Marcus Stroud, Robert Bernard. Extended list: Grant Wistrom, Kenechi Udeze, Justin Tuck, Reggie Hayward, Dewayne White, Matt Roth, Bryce Fisher, Philip Daniels, Marques Douglas, Vonnie Holiday, Greg Spires, Richard Seymour

Final results:

Trent Cole [ 1 ] [4.35%]

Orpheus Roye [ 4 ] [17.39%]

Tony Hargrove [ 3 ] [13.04%]

Javon Kearse [ 3 ] [13.04%]

Mattias Kiwanuka [ 2 ] [8.70%]

Erasmus James [ 5 ] [21.74%]

Chike Okeafor [ 3 ] [13.04%]

Mike Rucker [ 2 ] [8.70%]

Other [ 0 ] [0.00%]

James wins. Low turnout for this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went Kiwanuka here. None of the other choices particularly excited me. In most cases I felt we've seen the best season the player is capable of producing. In others the sample size was too small or the player has developed too slowly. I like Cole on Philly but I'd like more starts before I'm ready to slot him in the DL2/3 range. I've lost my patience with Hargrove.I also think Kiwanuka is being undervalued in draft talk. I still like him better than Mario Williams, and living in Raleigh, I've seen a lot of Williams.

Intereting thoughts. I really don't care if I've seen the best the player can produce, as long as he produces well. In fact, I might rather have a guy whose peak I know, if I can reasonably predict his range over a guy with huge upside & downside.Cole has upside, but I'm not a fan of his tackle potential,and in this scoring sytem big plays are somewhat downgraded - at least from the system I'm used to.

I went Kiwanuka here. None of the other choices particularly excited me. In most cases I felt we've seen the best season the player is capable of producing. In others the sample size was too small or the player has developed too slowly. I like Cole on Philly but I'd like more starts before I'm ready to slot him in the DL2/3 range. I've lost my patience with Hargrove.

I also think Kiwanuka is being undervalued in draft talk. I still like him better than Mario Williams, and living in Raleigh, I've seen a lot of Williams.
I like Kiwanuka enough, but why lose patience with Hargrove already? IIRC he was sort of a project last year. He's performed better than Leonard Little or Michael Strahan had at this stage, and not too far from Jason Taylor. Statistically anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread