What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Draft (1 Viewer)

ravnzfan

Footballguy
Here's an ongoing dynasty draft to compare to Drugrunner's positional lists:14 team...QB/2/2/2flex/K/D...standard(decimal) scoring1.01-Holmes...............11.01-TTaylor1.02-LT.......................11.02-Kitna1.03-Portis..................11.03-KC-D1.04-McAllister.............11.04-TENN-D1.05-AGreen................11.05-Zeroue1.06-JLewis.................11.06-CLee1.07-RW......................11.07-BryJohnson1.08-Alexander............11.08-Wilkens1.09-James..................11.09-Burleson1.10-Moss....................11.10-KvJohnson1.11-Henry..................11.11-PHIL-D1.12-DDavis.................11.12-Palmer1.13-Barlow.................11.13-Stokley1.14-FTaylor.................11.14-Vandy2.01-Faulk....................12.01-Henson2.02-Holt......................12.02-MRobinson2.03-Duckett................12.03-Elam2.04-RJohnson.............12.04-Akers2.05-CJohnson.............12.05-GB-D2.06-Harison................12.06-Morgan2.07-Manning...............12.07MAnderson2.08-Culpepper............12.08-Simms2.09-SDavis..................12.09-MWilliams2.10-Barber..................12.10-Stover2.11-Owens.................12.11-Collins2.12-Vick......................12.12-JBrown2.13-AThomas..............12.13-Engram2.14-Ward....................12.14-Reed3.01-Boldin...................13.01-Gage3.02-Coles....................13.02-BBennett3.03-AJohnson.............13.03-Cartwright3.04-McGhee................13.04-CTaylor3.05-DJackson..............13.05-Mitchell3.06-Shipp....................13.06-BrJohnson3.07-Dillon....................13.07-Longwell3.08-Mason..................13.08-RAnderson3.09-CBrown................13.09-Blaylock3.10-Foster..................13.10-DBennett3.11-SMoss...................13.11-KWashington3.12-Westbrook............13.12-ADavis3.13-CMartin.................13.13-McNown3.14-Bennett.................13.14-Bryson4.01-OSmith..................14.01-Cloud4.02-CChambers...........14.02-Brunell4.03-CRogers................14.03-Rattay4.04-McNabb.................14.04-JWhite4.05-KRobinson.............14.05-BeJohnson4.06-George..................14.06-Morton4.07-Dunn......................14.07-Minor4.08-SSmith...................14.08-JJur4.09-Boston...................14.09-Terrell4.10-Buress...................14.10-SEA-D4.11-Moulds...................14.11-Feeley4.12-Suggs....................14.12-HArris4.13-WGreen.................14.13-Vinatieri4.14-Hasselbeck............14.14-Fisher5.01-Horn......................15.01-Northcutt5.02-Buckhalter.............15.02-Mare5.03-Pennington............15.03-Bledsoe5.04-Staley....................15.04-Pinkston5.05-Toomer..................15.05-Carter5.06-Wayne...................15.06-Janikowski5.07-TJones...................15.07-Ferrotte5.08-Gonzo....................15.08-Maddox5.09-Price......................15.09-TrBrown5.10-Brooks...................15.10-Gannon5.11-Garner...................15.11-Kennison5.12-Brady.....................15.12-Shaw5.13-Jordan...................15.13-Wilson5.14-Suggs....................15.14-KCampbell6.01-Bruce.....................16.01-Looker6.02-Toefield.................16.02-McCoullough6.03-Givens...................16.03-Fiedler6.04-Porter....................16.04-BUFF-D6.05-Ramsey..................16.05-Couch6.06-Walker...................16.06-Galloway6.07-Shockey.................16.07-SF-D6.08-Stallworth..............16.08-Finneran6.09-Leftwich.................16.09-IND-D6.10-Carr.......................16.10-JJackson6.11-Lelie......................16.11-PITT-D6.12-Fargas...................16.12-RWilliams-II6.13-Bryant...................16.13-Forsey6.14-Garcia....................16.14-MINN-D7.01-Warwick................17.01-MGramatica7.02-Gordon..................17.02-Dayne7.03-Lloyd......................17.03-DEN-D7.04-TGreen...................17.04-Glenn7.05-Gardner.................17.05-Kasay7.06-McCardell...............17.06-NO-D7.07-JSmith....................17.07-DHall7.08-LJohnson................17.08-CINN-D7.09-McNair....................17.09-Edinger7.10-Pinner....................17.10-Curtis7.11-Alstott....................17.11-DThompson7.12-BALT-D...................17.12-Volek7.13-Bulger....................17.13-CConway7.14-Pittman..................17.14-NYG-D8.01-Bettis.....................18.01-Elling8.02-NE-D......................18.02-Battle-dropped for Levens8.03-McCareins..............18.03-Osgood8.04-Hollings..................18.04-Hakim8.05-Davenport..............18.05-Tui8.06-Streets...................18.06-Randel-El8.07-MMorris..................18.07-Crumpler8.08-Branch...................18.08-JAX-D8.09-KFaulk....................18.09-Cundiff8.10-Bettis......................18.10-WASH-D8.11-Plummer.................18.11-Brees8.12-KyJohnson..............18.12-JRobertson8.13-DAL-D.....................18.13-Reed8.14-Hambrick................18.14-ATL-D9.01-Hilliard....................19.01-McCants9.02-Calico.....................19.02-CHI-D9.03-QGriffith..................19.03-KBrown9.04-Rhodes...................19.04-NYJ-D9.05-Delhomme..............19.05-ESmith9.06-Favre......................19.06-RHolcombe9.07-TB-D........................19.07-Stecker9.08-CAR-D.....................19.08-Centers9.09-ASmith....................19.09-DET-D9.10-Heap.......................19.10-CLEV-D9.11-Driver......................19.11-DHall9.12-JStewart..................19.12-DaBrown9.13-StL-D.......................19.13-CSapp9.14-MM...........................19.14-Mungro10.01-Grossman..............20.01-Askew10.02-Patten...................20.02-Jacobs10.03-Hearst...................20.03-Simon10.04-Warner..................20.04-HOUS-D10.05-Boller.....................20.05-Carney10.06-Canidate................20.06-Pathon10.07-Peterson................20.07-Franks10.08-Harrington.............20.08-Gaffney10.09-MSmith..................20.09-Carter10.10-Wheatley...............20.10-Graham10.11-RSmith...................20.11-Nedney10.12-Fergesen...............20.12-Bannister10.13-MIA-D....................20.13-Chatman10.14-Mack......................20.14-Bradford

Last edited by a moderator:
callin' out the commish when 'the Chemists' were just stumblin' in from last night and were on the clock all morning...nice ;)
Not calling out, just letting know. I did wake up before Noon on a Saturday, so I have done my part. :boxing:

Can't complain too much about the order so far. I would not have taken D.Davis and Barlow that early, but who is to say those picks won't pay off? Duckett that early is a shocker to me. I can't believe he'll be drafted that high in most dynasty drafts.

Can't complain too much about the order so far. I would not have taken D.Davis and Barlow that early, but who is to say those picks won't pay off? Duckett that early is a shocker to me. I can't believe he'll be drafted that high in most dynasty drafts.
what about Rudi????

Rudi, WILL be a top 10 RB next year, good pick :thumbup:
am i the only one to ask this than... "what is the status of Dillon??"i understand the Barlow, Davis picks... but has word come from Cincy that Rudi is the answer??

am i the only one to ask this than... "what is the status of Dillon??"i understand the Barlow, Davis picks... but has word come from Cincy that Rudi is the answer??
Not sure about an official word, but Dillon sold his house and said he wouldnt play for Cin. Rudi is young and absolutely ripped it up in games when he got the majority of the carries.Edited to add, i think Johnson is more likely to be his teams starting/full time back than is Barlow, or Dom Davis for that matter.

All I can say is WOW, a few of these picks are blowing my mind.

1.12 D.Davis - I'd like to see more than a 10 game span out of a 4th round RB who looked to be a change of pace back coming out of college. He could end up being a diamond in the rough, but with the 12th pick I'd like a bit more pedigree. If he was a 1st or 2nd round pick in the NFL draft i'd give him the benifit of the doubt, but a 4th rounder needs a bit more of a sample to impress me.

Where I thought he'd go (early 3rd round)

2.3 TJ Duckett - He didn't look very good even when Dunn was out. Doesn't have much for moves and is a straight ahead runner who just runs into people and most of the time just falls down. I don't really see much upside in him.

Where I thought he'd go (4th round)

2.4 Rudi Johnson - He did look great this year, but so did guys like Dominic Rhodes and Orlandis Gary for a small span of time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a solid RB, but with the 18th pick it's just way to risky IMO. Also, while Dillon should be out of the picture, it isn't a sure thing quite yet.

Where I thought he'd go (3rd round)

These are just my takes on the situation, many people seem to think guys like DD and Rudi are worth these early picks, i'm just not one of them.

what about Rudi????
I'm more confident tha Rudi will take and keep a starting RB role than Barlow, Duckett or D.Davis. Barlow only took a starting role by default after being unable for 2.75 seasons. D.Davis looked great but this team will need to see if Hollings will have a place... can't believe they'd just shelve Hollings and finalize the fact that it was a wasted #2 draft pick. Duckett... the jury is definitley still out. Nice TD numbers but he still competed with Dunn last season for PT and rumors have suggested he's being part of trade discussions, accurate or not.Rudi seems to have found favor with Lewis, and they seemed to do best this season when he was being fed 25-40 times. I can't see Lewis overlooking that reality and trying something different.

1.12 D.Davis - I'd like to see more than a 10 game span out of a 4th round RB who looked to be a change of pace back coming out of college. He could end up being a diamond in the rough, but with the 12th pick I'd like a bit more pedigree. If he was a 1st or 2nd round pick in the NFL draft i'd give him the benifit of the doubt, but a 4th rounder needs a bit more of a sample to impress me.

2.3 TJ Duckett - He didn't look very good even when Dunn was out. Doesn't have much for moves and is a straight ahead runner who just runs into people and most of the time just falls down. I don't really see much upside in him.

2.4 Rudi Johnson - He did look great this year, but so did guys like Dominic Rhodes and Orlandis Gary for a small span of time. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a solid RB, but with the 18th pick it's just way to risky IMO. Also, while Dillon should be out of the picture, it isn't a sure thing quite yet.

These are just my takes on the situation, many people seem to think guys like DD and Rudi are worth these early picks, i'm just not one of them.
Who would you take over Rudi? In a dynasty league with 12 or more teams, young starting RB's are by far the most valuable position, even more so than in a redraft. Rudi Johnson was the 16th RB taken in this draft, i personally have him in the 8-12 range for RB's, and Moss is the only non RB i would consider over him. You say these young RB's are a risk, but taking risks can have huge payoffs.Rudi in the 3rd round? i would like to see a list of 24-30 players you would select ahead of him.

1.12 D.Davis - I'd like to see more than a 10 game span out of a 4th round RB who looked to be a change of pace back coming out of college.  He could end up being a diamond in the rough, but with the 12th pick I'd like a bit more pedigree.  If he was a 1st or 2nd round pick in the NFL draft i'd give him the benifit of the doubt, but a 4th rounder needs a bit more of a sample to impress me.

2.3 TJ Duckett - He didn't look very good even when Dunn was out.  Doesn't have much for moves and is a straight ahead runner who just runs into people and most of the time just falls down.  I don't really see much upside in him.

2.4 Rudi Johnson - He did look great this year, but so did guys like Dominic Rhodes and Orlandis Gary for a small span of time.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him become a solid RB, but with the 18th pick it's just way to risky IMO.  Also, while Dillon should be out of the picture, it isn't a sure thing quite yet.

Who would you take over Rudi? In a dynasty league with 12 or more teams, young starting RB's are by far the most valuable position, even more so than in a redraft. Rudi Johnson was the 16th RB taken in this draft, i personally have him in the 8-12 range for RB's, and Moss is the only non RB i would consider over him. You say these young RB's are a risk, but taking risks can have huge payoffs.Rudi in the 3rd round? i would like to see a list of 24-30 players you would select ahead of him.
Personally I wouldn't be letting guys like C-Pepp, Vick, Manning, McNabb fall so far. QB's shelf life is A LOT longer than RB's and having one of these QB's to build around and be confident they will be there for you 5 years down the line is a very nice luxury.But...I just noticed that 2 RB's are required, so I can see where you have to take risks on marginal RB talent early. Having to play 2 RB's in a 14 team league makes marginal RB's a lot more valuable and forces people into reaching.

With 2 RB's needed you HAVE to get 1 out of your first 2 picks, so I can see why guys at the end are having to reach on these guys. But once I got one RB I would look to grab one of the top notch QB's in favor of another marginal RB.

I didn't catch the lineup requirements at first, this just makes it clearer to me why I like only 1 RB required in leagues with 14 or more teams. Seeing some of these guys getting drafted where they are going is painful, but understandable considering the setup.

Personally I wouldn't be letting guys like C-Pepp, Vick, Manning, McNabb fall so far. QB's shelf life is A LOT longer than RB's and having one of these QB's to build around and be confident they will be there for you 5 years down the line is a very nice luxury.
As 1/2 of the tandem that took Rudi Johnson, I can say that a QB never even entereted into the decision making process. IMO, taking a QB in the 2nd round of a 14 team draft (or any other for tha matter) is the definition of a reach. If Dillon goes somewhere next year, then Rudi has a shot at being a top 10 back. If we waited on RB until the 3rd, the chances of us finding a top-10 RB was much much less. The only decision was which RB to take.

I was surprised to see this too. Saw DD run only twice this year and left pretty impressed considering he was a late round pick but I wouldn't be all that surprised to see the Texans draft a frannchise Running Back. I know they have some more glaring holes but teaming up a top-notch running bac(still not totally sold on DD) with Andre and Carr and I think you have a young Colts team in the making.

Personally I wouldn't be letting guys like C-Pepp, Vick, Manning, McNabb fall so far. QB's shelf life is A LOT longer than RB's and having one of these QB's to build around and be confident they will be there for you 5 years down the line is a very nice luxury.
As 1/2 of the tandem that took Rudi Johnson, I can say that a QB never even entereted into the decision making process. IMO, taking a QB in the 2nd round of a 14 team draft (or any other for tha matter) is the definition of a reach. If Dillon goes somewhere next year, then Rudi has a shot at being a top 10 back. If we waited on RB until the 3rd, the chances of us finding a top-10 RB was much much less. The only decision was which RB to take.
You already had Henry right?A QB like Culpepper can be in the top 5 QB's with just his passing numbers. So throw his rushing totals onto the other RB you end up getting and you've got RB numbers more predictable and stable then Rudi's will be IMO. Plus you have a lot longer shelf life out of Pepper/Vick/ect then you do with a RB like Rudi (would anyone really be shocked if Rudi was a nobody in 2 years?)I'm not saying Rudi can't become a great NFL RB, but it also wouldn't be very surprising to find out that he was a flash in the pan. It's not like he was a hot commodity coming out of College and he was behind Brandon Bennett on the depth chart for 2 years.On the other hand, barring major injury which nobody can predict, I don't think anyone thinks guys like C-Pepp, Vick, Manning, McNabb won't be around and at the top of their games in 2 years.Having a consistantly good QB every year is a HUGE luxury, to have that in a dynasty is golden. In a re-draft maybe taking a QB in the 2nd is a reach (although I don't agree), but in a dynasty it is anything but a reach.The herd mentality will jump out and say anyone taking a QB in the first 3 rounds is crazy, even after they are watching those teams in the playoffs year after year. It amazes me the conviction people have about the no QB rule.Also, I'm not saying Rudi has no chance to become a solid NFL RB, he does, but he is still a pretty big risk with such a small sample considering his draft position and that he sat 3rd on the depth chart behind a nobody for 2 years.

You thought young RBs with starting jobs and lots of talent would fall to the 3rd round of a dynasty draft?
Guys with lots of talent usually don't fall far in the NFL draft. 4th round gems are the exception and not the rule. All I'm saying is that I need more than a half season sample out of a 4th rounder to be a believer and to take him among the top 15 players in the whole NFL.Maybe Rudi and DD are the next Payton and Faulk, but 8 games doesn't make me a believer yet.

I have to agree with 'iluvbeer' on the QB situation. After looking at the draft it was a tossup between Vick and Manning for my 2nd pick. Being in Atlanta, I really wanted Vick, but I think all those rushing attempts will make his career short. Manning has put up 4000 yds a year and close to 30 tds more than once. I see Manning as the next Marino (all the records but no championship). Manning won my vote due to his consistent high output and lack of serious injury. The same can be said about my RB Shaun Alexander: he has had great output while averaging 15 carries/game for his career. I think he can be compared to a CMart type of guy (long, productive career ahead of him).Just my opinion.

I have to agree with 'iluvbeer' on the QB situation. After looking at the draft it was a tossup between Vick and Manning for my 2nd pick. Being in Atlanta, I really wanted Vick, but I think all those rushing attempts will make his career short. Manning has put up 4000 yds a year and close to 30 tds more than once. I see Manning as the next Marino (all the records but no championship). Manning won my vote due to his consistent high output and lack of serious injury. The same can be said about my RB Shaun Alexander: he has had great output while averaging 15 carries/game for his career. I think he can be compared to a CMart type of guy (long, productive career ahead of him).Just my opinion.
For you guys who take Manning in the 2nd round, good luck getting a #2 RB. I will take the combo of Matt Hasslebeck and Rudi Johnson over your Peyton Manning and Curtis Martin.Herd mentality or not, unless you are in a league that starts two QB's, it makes little sense to take one in the first two rounds.In a 14 man league that starts 1 QB and 2 RB's, worst case scenario you will end up with a "good" starting QB, if you do not take one in the first 4 rounds. Best case scenario if you take a QB in the first two round is the 24-25 best RB.

There's plenty of RB depth this year. You can get guys like William Green, Lee Suggs, Chris Brown, Justin Fargas, and Deshaun Foster fairly late. All have shown some flashes and would probably offer more upside than Curtis Martin or Anthony Thomas.

For you guys who take Manning in the 2nd round, good luck getting a #2 RB. I will take the combo of Matt Hasslebeck and Rudi Johnson over your Peyton Manning and Curtis Martin.Herd mentality or not, unless you are in a league that starts two QB's, it makes little sense to take one in the first two rounds.In a 14 man league that starts 1 QB and 2 RB's, worst case scenario you will end up with a "good" starting QB, if you do not take one in the first 4 rounds. Best case scenario if you take a QB in the first two round is the 24-25 best RB.
i wont do any name dropping but being in the 8 spot which is where the Alexander/Manning combo came from... that is not bad. there are roughly 14 more guys to go before he gets his next pick... these picks will come from guys who have only picked once and those all have RB's... now... these guys will pick twice before the Alexander/Manning combo pick again but maybe out of those first 7 only one of them will walk away with 3 RB's... the rest of them will walk with any combo of QB/WR and not RB/RB. some good RB's are still left out there but so are some good WR's. the guys picking now will not get much help via the rookies this next year barring trades... so winning now should be on their mind and not so much youth. i like the Alexander/Manning combo all though i probably would have went with Culpepper but to each his own. i like the way a couple teams are shaping up and i will wait for another few rounds before i put my verdict out because there is a lot of viable players left to pick. having a QB that plays 16 games a year without any worry will give this guy room to manuver later on.

2.07 - Peyton Manning... 1st QB2.08 - Duante Culpepper... 2nd QB
Gee, I guess you convinced someone to draft their QB.
i did not try to convince anyone... one of the picks was an auto draft... so that could have been different
I didn't mean you. I meant the guy argueing to draft QBs instead of 3rd teir RBs.I was supposed to be in this draft but was bumped to MOXFL III because I missed the dice rolling.

I have to agree with 'iluvbeer' on the QB situation.  After looking at the draft it was a tossup between Vick and Manning for my 2nd pick.  Being in Atlanta, I really wanted Vick, but I think all those rushing attempts will make his career short.  Manning has put up 4000 yds a year and close to 30 tds more than once.  I see Manning as the next Marino (all the records but no championship). Manning won my vote due to his consistent high output and lack of serious injury.  The same can be said about my RB Shaun Alexander: he has had great output while averaging 15 carries/game for his career.  I think he can be compared to a CMart type of guy (long, productive career ahead of him).Just my opinion.
i wont do any name dropping but being in the 8 spot which is where the Alexander/Manning combo came from... that is not bad. there are roughly 14 more guys to go before he gets his next pick... these picks will come from guys who have only picked once and those all have RB's... now... these guys will pick twice before the Alexander/Manning combo pick again but maybe out of those first 7 only one of them will walk away with 3 RB's... the rest of them will walk with any combo of QB/WR and not RB/RB. some good RB's are still left out there but so are some good WR's. the guys picking now will not get much help via the rookies this next year barring trades... so winning now should be on their mind and not so much youth. i like the Alexander/Manning combo all though i probably would have went with Culpepper but to each his own. i like the way a couple teams are shaping up and i will wait for another few rounds before i put my verdict out because there is a lot of viable players left to pick. having a QB that plays 16 games a year without any worry will give this guy room to manuver later on.
At least 20 RB's will be gone when this guy picks again, doesnt leave much left for him. Yet there will be top 10 QB's left 2-3 rounds after his next pick. In a 14 person draft, someone is going to have to start the 28th best RB, and thats if nobody takes a 3rd before someone gets their 2nd. I would much rather start the 14th best QB, as opposed to the 28th best RB.

I have to agree with 'iluvbeer' on the QB situation.  After looking at the draft it was a tossup between Vick and Manning for my 2nd pick.  Being in Atlanta, I really wanted Vick, but I think all those rushing attempts will make his career short.  Manning has put up 4000 yds a year and close to 30 tds more than once.  I see Manning as the next Marino (all the records but no championship). Manning won my vote due to his consistent high output and lack of serious injury.  The same can be said about my RB Shaun Alexander: he has had great output while averaging 15 carries/game for his career.  I think he can be compared to a CMart type of guy (long, productive career ahead of him).Just my opinion.
At least 20 RB's will be gone when this guy picks again, doesnt leave much left for him. Yet there will be top 10 QB's left 2-3 rounds after his next pick. In a 14 person draft, someone is going to have to start the 28th best RB, and thats if nobody takes a 3rd before someone gets their 2nd. I would much rather start the 14th best QB, as opposed to the 28th best RB.
You say you'll get the a top 10 ranked QB a lot later? What you'll get is a guy who's upside is 10th or so and their downside is 20th or worse. It's pretty frusterating having a QB who is never consistant year in and year out. There are a select few who are, and those guys are more valuable than taking home run swings in the first round with tier 3 RB's IMO.The tier 1 QB's are all young and are pretty much locks to be top 10, with the very likely upside of being top 3.When you draft tier 3 RB's like Rudi/D.Davis in the 1st 15 picks and they become tier 1 guys in the future you have won and look like a genious. If they move up to being solid consistant tier 2 guys each year then you have broke even. They stays in tier 3 or worse and you have lost.The risk/reward is just not worth it on tier 3 RB's with a top 15 pick in a initial dynasty draft. It's like playing roulette where you only get even money on single numbers, you may hit but you deserve a lot better odds than your getting.I guess I just look at it differently then most people, which is fine with me.We could beat this horse over and over about what philosophy is right, but the answer is that both can work, to each their own. I'll do it my way and everyone else can do it theirs.

Wow all this about the QB's. Anyone want to discuss my Moss and Chad Johnson picks? I do have #5 in the rook draft but I'm sort of testing out a theory and taking a HUGE chance with this strat. Moss was an autodraft but I actually had him even higher than #10. No regrets although I suppose Taylor and CJ could have been a nice combo too.

the teams so far...

1 - Holmes

2 - Tomlinson - on the clock now

3 - Portis

4 - McAllister, Owens

5 - A. Green, Barber

6 - Lewis, S. Davis

7 - Williams, Culpepper

8 - Alexander, Manning

9 - James, Harrison

10 - Moss, Chad Johnson

11 - Henry, Rudi Johnson

12 - D. Davis, Duckett

13 - Barlow, Holt

14 - Taylor, Faulk, Vick-trade

2.11 - Owens

the most interesting team has to be the Moss/Johnson hook up. going stud WR in a 14 team initial draft is ballsy to say the least... also going D. Davis/Duckett is ballsy as well. but this owner does have the #3 pick in the rookie draft so a top position player will be had by him barring any trade... a yound youthful team this will be.

right now... teams 7, 8, 9, and 14 have simply taken quality over high risk/reward type players... of these teams... 7, and 8 are the youngest that could have this core for awhile. interesting how much difference one year makes.

As a MOXFFL I Owner (we drafted last year at about this time), I'm watching with interest.For comparison's sake, here were the positions drafted for the first 7 rounds - 98 players - last year (14 team, 20 roster dynasty, no TE Req, team def, starting lineups 1Q 2R 2W/T 2Flex (R/W/T) 1K 1D:1) 2Q 11R 1W/T 0K 0D2) 2Q 10R 2W/T 0K 0D3) 1Q 7R 6W/T 0K 0D4) 3Q 3R 8W/T 0K 0D5) 2Q 2R 10W/T 0K 0D6) 4Q 4R 5W/T 0K 1D7) 3Q 3R 6W/T 0K 2DThru 7 rounds: 17Q 40R 38W/T 0K 3DIn the first 2 rounds, QBs taken were Vick (1.11), CPep (1.12), McNabb (2.03), and Manning (2.09). WRs taken were Owens (1.13), Moss (2.04) and Harrison (2.05).After 2 rounds (There were some pick trades): 6 teams had 2 RBs2 teams had 2 RBs and 1 QB2 teams had 1 RB and 1 WR1 team had 1 RB and 1 QB2 teams had 1 RB only1 team had 1 QB and 1 WRThe team with no RB in the first two rounds still was competitive all year and made the playoffs.The team that won the league drafted Owens at 1.13 and J Lewis at 2.02. Holmes was obtained in a preseason trade, Owens dealt away, and the sumbich beat me going away in the finals. Keep in mind that in 2004 teams drafting 13th and 14th are in a better position to take a non-RB in one of the 1st two rounds of the veteran draft since they are drafting 1-2 in the rookie draft, and KJones and SJackson are likely to be starters right away (unlike 2003, when no rookie RBs were immediate starters).

Thanks for adding this ravnzfan!Hopefully, you don't mind... :thumbup:
looks like any Dynasty work this offseason is to be done by the common folknice job setting up the Master thread, Drugrunner...just glad to be of assistanceI'll post my other dyanasty draft, in early March, as other news filters out from NFL camps

I'm very happy with my Lewis/S.Davis combo. I figure with the life span of RBs being so short, I have no problem taking Davis at #23.

The team that won the league drafted Owens at 1.13 and J Lewis at 2.02. Holmes was obtained in a preseason trade, Owens dealt away, and the sumbich beat me going away in the finals.
:thumbup:

'to the victor, go the spoils'if...in a 14 team league...an owner can 'out-Fox' the other owners to the point where he can draft enough RB talent and it would be viable to start 4 RB's, I feel he should be able toeveryone knows this going in...there is HUGE flexability in the starting l/u requirements...owners can gamble on taking 4 RB's early, hoping to cash in on this, or can go a more conventional route and take 2 RB's w/4WR-TE's and QB by the 7th round...to each his ownon the backside of this, though, is there are only 20 roster spots...hard decisions need to be made on who to keep when we draft rookies in AUG...there is ALWAYS starter type talent on the wire, as was evident last year when we had a VERY active FA period every week, in MOXFFL-I...it is not possible to draft enough RB's to start 4 every week, AND have the b/u's as protection for at least one or two of these guys, AND have a stud QB AND have 4 starter-type WR/TE's...somewhere along the line decisions are made about where 'to load up'this format lends itself to alot of movement in the draft, and afterward w/rookie picks, once the NFL drafts in April...this is why I felt it neccessary to fill the veteran roster prior to late April, so that the wheeling and dealing could continue thru the summerI find this type of league infinitly more enjoyable than a 'standard draft-em and play-em' we find so much of the time

Users who are viewing this thread