What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

dynasty future pick value (1 Viewer)

billrob

Footballguy
I'm sure it's been discussed before on here.

I'm just looking for a thread on the value of future picks in dynasty leagues.

I'm in a 16 team league with huge rosters. I can trade up to 2 years in advance. Is it worth it to trade 2 first rounders for a stud player? Is that too much or not enough?

First year doing dynasty.

If this is an AC question my apologies.

Thanks.

That's hard to answer without knowing more. You'll find the value in the 1st round to have a huge difference between 1.01 and 1.16. Trading two top 4 picks would be a lot different than two mid 1sts and two late 1sts. I think a lot of people would trade two mid (or later) 1sts for a stud, and depending on the player, might go higher. The better the player, the less value your picks will have in the future.

I'm sure it's been discussed before on here.

I'm just looking for a thread on the value of future picks in dynasty leagues.

I'm in a 16 team league with huge rosters. I can trade up to 2 years in advance. Is it worth it to trade 2 first rounders for a stud player? Is that too much or not enough?

First year doing dynasty.

If this is an AC question my apologies.

Thanks.
Two firsts for a cornerstone player is an absolute steal. Cornerstone = top producer with 3+ years remaining. Personally, I think a lot of dynasty owners have wised up and would no longer offer a deal like that. Top players are probably worth between 3 and 4 "truly random" rookie firsts in a 10-12 team league, although in most situations, I'd rather take my chances with 4 random rookie picks than one stud. Also note that I said "truly random"- it would take more picks from dominant teams, and fewer picks from terrible teams.

In a 16-team league, first rounders are less valuable on the whole, because the average first rounder is now pick 8-9 instead of pick 6-7. This is again assuming "truly random" first rounders- firsts from the league's truly terrible teams will be comparably valuable regardless of league size.

Users who are viewing this thread