What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] LB #25 (1 Viewer)

LB #25

• Lemar Marshall

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Morlon Greenwood

• Kailee Wong

• Kawika Mitchell

• James Farrior

• Gary Brackett

• Will Witherspoon

• Adalius Thomas

• Marcus Washington

• Other

• Total voters

Tick

Footballguy
Please comment on your vote, and list any player that should be nominated for the next round. If you must assume a scoring system, go with 0.5 points per half-tackle, 3 points per sack / INT / FF / FR.1. Jonathan Vilma2t. Mike Peterson2t. Keith Bullock4. Brian Urlacher5. Nick Barnett6. Odell Thurman7t. Lofa Tatupu7t. Antonio Pierce9. Ray Lewis10. Andra Davis11. Donnie Edwards12. London Fletcher13. Zach Thomas14. Shawne Merriman15. Demorrio Williams16. Takeo Spikes17. Derrick Johnson18. Lance Briggs19. Cato June20. Keith Brooking21. Dan Morgan22. AJ Hawk®23t. Karlos Dansby23t. Kirk Morrison25. Jeremiah Trotter Who's #26?(notes: Derrick Brooks*, Ian Gold, Danny Clark, Tedy Bruschi, Quarles, Derek Smith, Tinoisamoa, Crowell, Vrabel, Foote, EJHenderson, Jeff Ulbrich, Channing Crowder, Lavar Arrington added soon)*Removed for a bit for getting 0 votes.I need some suggestions on which players to add next. I also know nothing about the rookies beyond Hawk. What rookie should go up there next?Final results:Lemar Marshall [ 7 ] [21.88%] Morlon Greenwood [ 1 ] [3.13%] Kailee Wong [ 2 ] [6.25%] Kawika Mitchell [ 6 ] [18.75%] James Farrior [ 6 ] [18.75%] Gary Brackett [ 4 ] [12.50%] Will Witherspoon [ 2 ] [6.25%] Adalius Thomas [ 2 ] [6.25%] Marcus Washington [ 1 ] [3.13%] Other [ 1 ] [3.13%] Lemar Marshall wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Gary Brackett here. In his first year as a starter, he put up 92 solo tackles and finished as the #15 ranked fantasy LB.

I'm relaying hearsay from this subscription article (I'm not a subscriber), but LB's coach Dale Lindsay is saying something in the article to the effect that he'd be reluctant to move Lemar Marshall from the MLB position this coming year despite the fact that Arrington's gone and Marshall played the WLB position well in 2004 when Arrington was injured.

I'm relaying hearsay from this subscription article (I'm not a subscriber), but LB's coach Dale Lindsay is saying something in the article to the effect that he'd be reluctant to move Lemar Marshall from the MLB position this coming year despite the fact that Arrington's gone and Marshall played the WLB position well in 2004 when Arrington was injured.
Thanks for the update. Just picked up Marshall in a Zealots startup, and I'd hate for him to switch positions on me, though WLB wouldn't be so bad.

There are three guys on your list that I like a lot.

Mitchell: The Kendrell Bell experiment was a failure. Not only did Mitchell take over the starting MLB job but he even saw a lot of action on third downs. His 84-21-1 with 2 takeaways was solid and he was real consistent (fewer than 5 tackles only 3 times all year). I believe he will be even better with time.

Brackett: his 92-35-1 with 3 picks was strong but his numbers could slip a little with a healthy June in the mix.

Witherspoon: Spooney always stepped up big whenever Morgan was out and they moved him inside. There is no Dan Morgan in St. Louis and with the new coaching staff everything about that defense is likely to change, especially the production from the MLB position.

I like your rankings and can't really argue with anyone you have in the top 25 but those three would likely be 26-28 for me. Marshall just didn't impress me. He was OK but just didn't seem physical enough. I think they will look for an opportunity to move him to weak side where his skills fit better and fill the middle with a bruiser if they can find one. As you say, that might not be an all bad thing. He will likely be on the field in the nickel package.

There are three guys on your list that I like a lot.

Mitchell: The Kendrell Bell experiment was a failure. Not only did Mitchell take over the starting MLB job but he even saw a lot of action on third downs. His 84-21-1 with 2 takeaways was solid and he was real consistent (fewer than 5 tackles only 3 times all year). I believe he will be even better with time.

Brackett: his 92-35-1 with 3 picks was strong but his numbers could slip a little with a healthy June in the mix.

Witherspoon: Spooney always stepped up big whenever Morgan was out and they moved him inside. There is no Dan Morgan in St. Louis and with the new coaching staff everything about that defense is likely to change, especially the production from the MLB position.

I like your rankings and can't really argue with anyone you have in the top 25 but those three would likely be 26-28 for me. Marshall just didn't impress me. He was OK but just didn't seem physical enough. I think they will look for an opportunity to move him to weak side where his skills fit better and fill the middle with a bruiser if they can find one. As you say, that might not be an all bad thing. He will likely be on the field in the nickel package.
These were the rankings I ran polls one at each slot back in January. They aren't really my rankings, they're the consensus of the people who voted.Personally, I'd put Witherspoon much higher now that he signed with the Rams. He's a risk, for sure, but I have him pegged as LB9 (way higher than most people, I'm sure). It's just not easy to find a 3-down MLB who's still young, has produced before, and shows great skills. He might bomb like everyone else in STL post-Fletcher, but I'm betting he doesn't. I'd rather have him than the Lewis-Edwards-Fletcher-ZThomas old guard.

My rankings look more like:

Vilma

Peterson

Bulluck

Urlacher

Thurman

Tatupu

Barnett

Pierce

Witherspoon

Lewis

Edwards