What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty league trading picks/players? (1 Viewer)

BigA

Footballguy
12T 4 Keepers. .5ppr.  those that dont keep 4 we draft until all teams have 4 then the draft starts at rd 5 pick 49. 

How would everyone approach trading their early picks in a league like this? If some is offering a decent top 10-25 player would you trade those early picks just to gain that last keeper and then missing the 5-6th rounds? 

I have the 1st pick and being offered ceedee lamb. Wants my first 2 picks maybe the 3rd too. Would have a really good team heading into the draft with jefferson lamb waddle chubb but then wouldnt have a pick until the 3rd. 

Thanks

There are a lot of layers to this. 

• If you don't trade for Lamb are you keeping 4 players?
  • Essentially you are trading a 5th,/6th,/7th for a 2nd round value (Lamb) while also losing whatever 4th player you would have kept.
  • Do other's trade like this?  What are some similar trades?
On the surface it seems like a bad idea of a trade.  But I don't know of other roster pieces and what you are really missing out on.  

I am assuming you are not keeping anyone and would be trading the #1 pick of any player not protected? Plus your next pick? 
I would project what everyone is keeping and see what your team would look like after 5-6 rounds with and without the trade. 

There are a lot of layers to this. 

• If you don't trade for Lamb are you keeping 4 players?
  • Essentially you are trading a 5th,/6th,/7th for a 2nd round value (Lamb) while also losing whatever 4th player you would have kept.
  • Do other's trade like this?  What are some similar trades?
On the surface it seems like a bad idea of a trade.  But I don't know of other roster pieces and what you are really missing out on.  
My 4th  keeper right now would be Hopkins. I would be trading those picks for 2nd rd value and lamb would be the keeper. 

Others do trade like this. They would give up players if they maybe have more then the 4 keepers for picks starting on the 5th rd and just flip flop early and late picks. 

Since I do have the #1 pick I could just keep 3 and hope to draft a top rookie RB unless someone just keeps 2 players. 

I am assuming you are not keeping anyone and would be trading the #1 pick of any player not protected? Plus your next pick? 
I would project what everyone is keeping and see what your team would look like after 5-6 rounds with and without the trade. 
I have Jefferson Chubb Waddle and Hopkins as guys I can keep. I could drop hopkins if I traded for lamb. Or just drop hopkins and pick from the pool of players not kept and also have the first pick in the 5th. 

I have Jefferson Chubb Waddle and Hopkins as guys I can keep. I could drop hopkins if I traded for lamb. Or just drop hopkins and pick from the pool of players not kept and also have the first pick in the 5th. 
With Hopkins missing 6 games I wouldn't keep him whether you make the trade or not since it gives you an advantage of picking sooner.  So if you make the deal you would be trading your 1st round pick (equivalent to a 5th round pick since you are keeping four) and your pick in the 2nd (6th round equivalent)?

So if you don't make the trade you would get a pick before everyone else (pick in the "4th round"?)  and the 1.01 (5.01 equivalent)?  I think I stick with that and not trade for Lamb.  

(I also assume that guy that is trying to trade Lamb has 5 legit keepers and is trying to get some value rather than just drop one of them)

Hopkins is probably not a keeper. If you have the first pick you will probably be able to take him at the spot if there is no one better, probably a round later. Trading for Lamb is not screaming a value to me. Again run a mock draft and see how it comes out. 

Users who are viewing this thread