What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Leagues for $$$$? (1 Viewer)

Fantasy Fool

Footballguy
I've never participated in a Dynasty League. But are there any Dynasty Leagues for cash buy ins? Considering basement dweller teams would really have no incentive to play again the following season. And trying to get a new player to take the last place team, I'm sure they wouldn't want to pay a buy in for that team.

So is there even such thing as a money Dynasty League?

Of course there are.

Most well set up leagues you have to pay in advance for any season you'd traded picks from, so a cellar team is still going to either have early picks, or you are playing a season or more for free. (Unless the other owners try to be greedy bastards and keep the advanced fee and make you pay too in which case you walk away).

Some leagues will give a discount to an owner coming in and taking over a bottom team, or may give extra picks or something else. Others you just pay like everyone else and work your way up on your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never participated in a Dynasty League. But are there any Dynasty Leagues for cash buy ins? Considering basement dweller teams would really have no incentive to play again the following season. And trying to get a new player to take the last place team, I'm sure they wouldn't want to pay a buy in for that team.

Gee....good question. Let me check.......ummm, yes..there are! What do you know. I never would have guessed.

Your best bet is to find a dynasty league with 2 or more owners that leave. Usually these leagues will do a dispersal draft between all the new owners and all the players and picks from the teams that were orphaned. It is a nice way to get players you like/want and not get stuck with a horrible team.

Your other option to watch the looking for a league forum here and wait until you see an orphaned team you like and jump on it.

Before you jump in though make sure you know the rules, and make sure they use league safe or something like it.

Yes, and if your looking for advise on players and or how leagues are run you found the best site for it.

If you love Fantasy football I would highly recommend you join a dynasty league or 2, but nothing over $100 entry until you get more experience. Honestly I pretty much given up on my redrafts, only do one a yr while I'm in half dozen dynastys all ranging from $25 - $100 each. I also suggest that you do a couple a start up dynasty for you 1st couple of teams and not look to takeover an abandon team until you have a couple of yrs experience.

Tough crowd tonight. I'm actually a veteran to fantasy football, played over 20 years. Just never read up or looked into Dynasty leagues. My posts don't mean jack, but I see those who judge a book by it's cover. WOW!

Tough crowd tonight. I'm actually a veteran to fantasy football, played over 20 years. Just never read up or looked into Dynasty leagues. My posts don't mean jack, but I see those who judge a book by it's cover. WOW!
yeah, some of those above posts were pretty sh@tty

Considering basement dweller teams would really have no incentive to play again the following season. ?
Well if they like the league, and they're confident in their abilities to rebuild the team, they'll suck it up for a season or two with the hope of making their money back down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread