What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Michael Gallup Puns Galore (2 Viewers)

Michael Gallup (leg) returned to the Cowboys' Week 10 game against the Packers.​

Gallup left briefly with a non-contact injury. He exited the blue medical tent after a few minutes and returned to the Dallas lineup shortly thereafter. We'll track his practice participation in the coming week.
Nov 13, 2022, 5:19 PM ET

Michael Gallup (knee) practiced on Wednesday.​

Gallup left last week's game against Green Bay with a non-contact knee injury but returned to finish out the contest. Having logged a full practice on Wednesday, it appears whatever caused him to briefly leave the field on Sunday was nothing of major concern. Gallup appears to. be in good shape to play this Sunday against the Vikings, but he's struggled to produce in fantasy thus far. He'll be hard to trust as anything more than a WR4.
Nov 16, 2022, 5:46 PM ET

Looked good on Thanksgiving night and seems like he's getting closer to 100% health. Plus from what I read, he finally passed Noah Brown on the depth chart as the #2 WR.

Thoughts on him the rest of the way? Dak doesn't need to throw the ball much these days with the run game and defense, but he's been productive in the past when healthy. An OBJ signing could complicate things for sure.

Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy said he's "confident" Michael Gallup (illness) will play in Week 13.​

He noted the same for CB Trevon Diggs. Both players have been held out of practice multiple days with an illness designation this week. Gallup will be a FLEX option in standard leagues this week against the Colts.
SOURCE: Todd Archer on Twitter
Dec 2, 2022, 1:07 PM ET

Looked good on Thanksgiving night and seems like he's getting closer to 100% health. Plus from what I read, he finally passed Noah Brown on the depth chart as the #2 WR.

Thoughts on him the rest of the way? Dak doesn't need to throw the ball much these days with the run game and defense, but he's been productive in the past when healthy. An OBJ signing could complicate things for sure.
Looked good to me, too—seemed healthy and moving well. Even looked a little bigger than I remembered……

Michael Gallup caught 4-of-7 targets 23 yards and two touchdowns in the Cowboys' Week 13 win over the Colts.​

Gallup came into the game with a questionable designation due to an illness that kept him from practicing Wednesday and Thursday, shaking off the illness to catch touchdown passes in the second and fourth quarters. What should get fantasy managers excited is the fact that both of his scores came from within the red zone, which hasn't necessarily been the wide receiver's calling card to this point in his career. His other two targets came downfield as he and Dak couldn't quite connect on the deep looks. Gallup will look to maintain his WR3 status in a forgiving matchup with the last place Texans in Week 14.
Dec 5, 2022, 12:33 AM ET

The yards weren’t great and the TDs were a bonus, but the big takeaway is that he close to full strength and getting a good amount of targets.

Seems everyone forgot that he was coming back from a serious injury. A few weeks ago was able to get him as a throw in and it was said he basically has no value.

Seems everyone forgot that he was coming back from a serious injury. A few weeks ago was able to get him as a throw in and it was said he basically has no value.

That's good you were able to get him as a throw-in. That's a free player of quality. I held. I thought it was prudent. That's not to toot my own horn because he hasn't been great shakes as of yet and he is, as you point out, coming off of a major injury. And it happened in one of the last games of their year last year, so he didn't really have a whole offseason to get right and healthy. He probably came back quicker than George Pickens did with his at Georgia, and Pickens came back early. Gallup was like on Godwin's schedule.

He's going to be better next year if he doesn't re-injure it or get injured elsewhere and he'll be locked in with Dallas unless they take a pretty decent cap hit to cut him.

That's not to say he's awesome. He's probably a spot start. But if you got him for free, that's good work if you can get it.

Michael Gallup caught 5-of-6 targets for 46 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' Wild Card Round win over the Bucs.​

Gallup secured his score after being lightly forced out of the back of the end zone, only to establish himself back in the field of play before catching the touchdown. After a slow start to the season, Gallup now has four scores in his previous seven games. He hasn't been able to rack up many yards over that stretch, but his nose for the end zone is apparent. Gallup will lookup to get in the paint again in the Cowboys' Divisional Round matchup with the 49ers.
Jan 17, 2023, 12:19 AM ET

Cowboys beat writer Michael Gehlken reports Michael Gallup underwent arthroscopic surgery on his right knee and right ankle.​

This doesn't sound like anything more than a cleanup procedure, as Gehlken points out the scopes, "Give Gallup his best chance of a healthy 2023" after being further removed from a torn ACL suffered during the 2021 season. Gallup appeared in 14 games for the Cowboys this season, totaling 39 receptions for 424 yards and four touchdowns. His 74 targets were the most since his 2020 season, but his 10.9 YPR marked a career-low for the fifth-year vet. Gallup is under contract through the 2026 season, but back-to-back underwhelming seasons could have the Cowboys looking for a new WR2 opposite CeeDee Lamb. They spent a significant portion of last season courting Odell Beckham Jr. before ultimately signing T.Y. Hilton for the playoff push.
SOURCE: Michael Gehlken on Twitter
Feb 1, 2023, 3:31 PM ET

The Dallas Morning News' Calvin Watkins writes Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy has told Michael Gallup "he will be featured more."

"There's an expectation Gallup will be more involved," Watkins noted. Gallup was targeted just 74 times in 14 games last season and was often "running track" per Watkins. The Cowboys added Brandin Cooks this offseason and it's hard to understand how they could do that, run as much as McCarthy apparently wants to as a play-caller, and also feature Gallup. It's possible this is just offseason smoke. It's also possible that Gallup just wasn't fully recovered from his ACL tear last season and that he is more ready to step into a bigger role in 2023.
SOURCE: Dallas Morning News
Apr 13, 2023 at 1:32 PM ET

Michael Gallup said he's "very confident" he can return to the player he was prior to suffering a torn ACL in January 2022.​

Gallup missed only three games last season but was held to 39 receptions for 424 yards on four touchdowns and averaged a career-low 10.9 YPR. Speaking with 105.3 The Fan, Gallup noted that his knee felt sore at times last season, but that now he feels "springy again". The 27-year-old receiver turned in a 1,100-yard season in 2019 and followed that up with an 843-yard effort in 2020. Head coach Mike McCarthy is already on the record saying Gallup "will be featured more" this season but he'll be battling CeeDee Lamb and recently acquired Brandin Cooks for targets. Gallup could have some WR3 upside if he's able to earn the targets. Of course, McCarthy's plans to institute an offense that will provide adequate rest for his defense could limit the fantasy upside of all Cowboys receivers this season.
SOURCE: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com
May 17, 2023, 8:03 PM ET

Cowboys head coach Mike McCarthy said he would like to expand Michael Gallup's route tree in 2023.​

ESPN's Todd Archer said McCarthy, heading the team's offense this year, plans on "adding more to Gallup's plate rather than having him exclusively play the X receiver role." Gallup spent the 2022 season getting back to form after a late-2021 ACL tear. He had two or fewer catches six times last year, and more than 49 receiving yards in a game just twice. With the lowest yards per route run of his NFL career, Gallup was a non-factor in the Dallas offense after showing flashes of dominant receiver play in 2019 and 2020. Gallup was last season was "different." "I had to work a little bit harder. I had to do some things that I've never had to do. I could normally just walk out on the field and play. Couldn't do that," he said. It's not a lock that Gallup will function as the Cowboys' WR3 behind CeeDee Lamb and Brandin Cooks this season. He could be a savvy late-round pick in deeper formats this summer.
SOURCE: ESPN.com
May 26, 2023, 12:44 PM ET

He was actually dropped in our 14 team dynasty. A team claimed him and is starting him week 1 (a little desperate at WR)
I am confident he is at least a fringe wr3
There just seems to be a lot of mouths to feed. With Cooks in town, Brian Shotty OCing, and a coach who likes to involve the RBs/TEs in the passing game…I am not sure he sees a 100 targets. He could still hit that fringe WR3 area but I think there will be quite of few lower scoring weeks.

Cooks is a deep threat and they're not throwing the ball deep. I'm all about Gallup having big days (I roster him), but I doubt the days are as big as one would hope and that his primacy over Cooks is a result of organizational philosophy rather than a function of who is better right now.

At least that seems to be the narrative that every announcer talks about. Dak's aDOT probably backs it up. Yep, he's last in the league at 6.2 yards average depth of target.

The Dallas Morning News reports Cowboys WR Michael Gallup has been given permission to seek a trade.
As beat writer Calvin Watkins points out, it’s “tough” since most teams are expecting 28-year-old Gallup to be released. The Cowboys are essentially trying to land a Day 3 pick, perhaps even a conditional one. Not the same since his ACL tear, Gallup has just 842 yards over his past 31 games. Gallup would clear $9.5 million in cap space were he designated a post-June 1 cut.

With Gallup almost gone and Cooks about "cooked"........Is Tolbert possibly Dallas's #2 wide receiver? Worth a Dynasty stash?

With Gallup almost gone and Cooks about "cooked"........Is Tolbert possibly Dallas's #2 wide receiver? Worth a Dynasty stash?
If Gallup is gone, I fully expect an addition. I'd be shocked if Tolbert got higher than 3rd. WR is also a spot they could go in round 1.

Dallas invested a 3rd round pick but from non-Div 1A school so this gave him 2 seasons development time. I think worth a stash for cheap.

Gallup looked totally cooked last year. I traded him for the equivalent of a bag of balls. I think he's going to have a hard time making a team.

Gallup looked totally cooked last year. I traded him for the equivalent of a bag of balls. I think he's going to have a hard time making a team.
Yeah, they just told him he could look for a trade because they'll cut him before Wednesday. Nothing to see here. Generally take ACL recovery for a young player as a given, he's a cautionary tale against that assumption, never seemed the same.

Yeah, they just told him he could look for a trade because they'll cut him before Wednesday. Nothing to see here. Generally take ACL recovery for a young player as a given, he's a cautionary tale against that assumption, never seemed the same.
To his credit, Jerry took care of his own by throwing him a bag right after the ACL injury. Seemed preliminary then but even more ridiculous now.

Users who are viewing this thread