What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Owners Still Keeping Guice over ________ (1 Viewer)

sushinsky4tsar

Footballguy
Definitely counting him out for 2020  (as an owner, hoping that he's suspended for the entire season).   I would say that there's at least a fair chance that he's completely done depending on the details that emerge.   His lack of production on the field as a result of injuries might make this more of a Ray Rice situation than a Tyreek Hill (full value recovery) or K. Hunt (partial recovery with a chance for more depending on 2020 performance and 2021 free agency). 

I have to cut 6 from my 25-man dynasty roster.    It would be satisfying to throw him to the curb given the injury disappointments and now finding out that he *might* be a complete scumbag to boot.  It would also solve my problem of having to cut either Darwin Thompson or Justin Jackson  prior to our upcoming rookie draft.   I'm weakest at RB, and need to keep the guy(s) with the best chance of attaining a fantasy RB2 or plus-RB3 role.  I have enough depth pieces to get me by for 2020.  I'm more concerned about long-term upside.  

Though finding counseling / Jesus / the fear of having to work a real job just to maintain a less extravagant lifestyle -AND- finding a team with a winnable depth chart willing to give him a second chance -AND- staying healthy might all feel like a real long shot for Guice, is it really more of a long shot than guys like Darwin Thompson or Justin Jackson finding real, sustained fantasy relevance?  I guess if the probabilities were perfectly equal, why wouldn't you cut the alleged domestic abuser.   The problem is that I still think Guice might be the one with the best chance of mattering in 2021 or 2022.

Who are the players that other Guice dynasty owners are keeping Guice over?

I believe this situation is worse than Antonio Brown from a fantasy perspective.  At least with Brown we know he's the best WR in the league when he's playing.  Now Guice is a criminal and is fragile. 

I actually own both and consider AB an easy hold.  The latest on Guice makes me think that there's not going to be much gray area.   It looks like the evidence and documentation is going to be there, which aligns with the arrest warrant without questioning and release from the team.  Looks like more of a Ray Rice situation to me.   Bleak enough that he's making my cut list for 19-man keeper.   if it's a 30-man dynasty, I'm still stashing until all of the details are out. 

Users who are viewing this thread