What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] QB #27 (1 Viewer)

QB #27

• Brian Griese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Drew Bledsoe

• Matt Schaub

• Jason Campbell

• Aaron Rodgers

• Billy Volek

• Kerry Collins

• Alex Smith

• Steve McNair

• Jay Cutler

• Omar Jacobs

• Other

• Total voters

Tick

Footballguy
1 - Peyton Manning Indianapolis Colts

2 - Carson Palmer Cincy Bengals

3 - Tom Brady New England Patriots

4 - McNabb Philadelphia Eagles

5 - Eli Manning New York Football Giants

6 - Marc Bulger St. Louis Rams

7 - Daunte Culpepper Minnesota Vikings

8 - Michael Vick Atlanta Falcons

9 - Drew Brees San Diego Chargers

10 - Ben Roethlisberger Pittsburgh Steelers

11 - Matt Hasselbeck Seattle Seahawks

12 - Byron Leftwich Jacksonville Jaguars

13 - Jake Delhomme Carolina Panthers

14 - Jake Plummer Denver Broncos

15 - Matt Leinart

16 - Charlie Frye Cleveland Browns

17 - Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers

18 - Trent Green

19 - David Carr

20 - Vince Young

21 - Rex Grossman

22t - Kyle Boller

22t - Chris Simms

24 - JP Losman

25 - Aaron Brooks

26 - David Garrard

Who is #27?

If you vote other, please specify.

Also, please comment on your vote, and list any player that should be nominated for the next round.

(note: Pennington, Orton, Harrington and Favre to be added in sometime soon)

Final results:

Brian Griese [ 2 ] ** [4.65%]

Drew Bledsoe [ 2 ] ** [4.65%]

Matt Schaub [ 7 ] ** [16.28%]

Jason Campbell [ 3 ] ** [6.98%]

Aaron Rodgers [ 3 ] ** [6.98%]

Billy Volek [ 7 ] ** [16.28%]

Kerry Collins [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]

Alex Smith [ 11 ] ** [25.58%]

Steve McNair [ 6 ] ** [13.95%]

Jay Cutler [ 2 ] ** [4.65%]

Omar Jacobs [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]

Other [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]

Alex Smith wins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex Smith is having a hard time now, but so did a lot of year 1 QBs ... at this point, I want to pick a player that I am sure will be a starting QB for the next 4 years ...No. 1 overall Smith is my pick ...

Guys, please take a look through the lists once in awhile and see what players I'm missing - Alex Smith and Steve McNair never got mentioned, and I overlooked them... I don't like for players to win the first time they're on the list, because it means they might have won an earlier slot if they'd been an option. With Smith and McNair going 1-2 in this poll, it means we missed out by not including them earlier.I could easily be doing the same thing at the other positions - I was surprised to notice that I didn't have Mason on the WR list until this round...

I chose McNair here. I still think he's about to retire, but he's good enough that he's worth the risk - you never know when a guy will hang around like Brad Johnson and just keep on starting.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but "a steal at this point" are the words that have doomed many a dynasty team in their initial draft. I'm actually a little surprised J.Campbell is getting afterthought treatment in a dynasty ranking. Redraft I could see. However, projecting out 4 years, knowing the Redskins gave up 2 firsts+ because they were so ga-ga they had to have him, I just don't see how the likes of Simms (has this guy really entrenched himself as a starter?), Boller (ok the past 2 weeks, but a poor 2006 start away from being replaced), Brooks (rumored to be on his way out in 1 week, yet a better dynasty target?), Garrard (nice QB, but signed an extension last year to hold a clip board for the next 3 seasons behind lefty), and Trent Green (big performance dip this season and how many are left for this 12 season vet?). McNair, see my intro sentence... this guy has 1 year left, and after that a dynasty leaguer gets the right to put him on their "wasted draft pick wall of fame" while Campbell is a likely starter in Washington.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but "a steal at this point" are the words that have doomed many a dynasty team in their initial draft.

I'm actually a little surprised J.Campbell is getting afterthought treatment in a dynasty ranking. Redraft I could see. However, projecting out 4 years, knowing the Redskins gave up 2 firsts+ because they were so ga-ga they had to have him, I just don't see how the likes of Simms (has this guy really entrenched himself as a starter?), Boller (ok the past 2 weeks, but a poor 2006 start away from being replaced), Brooks (rumored to be on his way out in 1 week, yet a better dynasty target?), Garrard (nice QB, but signed an extension last year to hold a clip board for the next 3 seasons behind lefty), and Trent Green (big performance dip this season and how many are left for this 12 season vet?). McNair, see my intro sentence... this guy has 1 year left, and after that a dynasty leaguer gets the right to put him on their "wasted draft pick wall of fame" while Campbell is a likely starter in Washington.
The idea is that you'd rather have a useful guy for one year than a guy you think will be useless over his career. Favre's been on his last season for about four years now, and while he finally fell off the cliff this season, up until then you were getting top-12 production out of him. Starting around that time, your reasoning pointed to Carr, Harrington, Ramsey, and McCown, none of whom have been of much use at all for 12-team leagues. Of course you'll never get in on Manning or Palmer early on if you're taking the old guys, but depending on the makeup of your team, sometimes that risk is worth it.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but "a steal at this point" are the words that have doomed many a dynasty team in their initial draft.

I'm actually a little surprised J.Campbell is getting afterthought treatment in a dynasty ranking. Redraft I could see. However, projecting out 4 years, knowing the Redskins gave up 2 firsts+ because they were so ga-ga they had to have him, I just don't see how the likes of Simms (has this guy really entrenched himself as a starter?), Boller (ok the past 2 weeks, but a poor 2006 start away from being replaced), Brooks (rumored to be on his way out in 1 week, yet a better dynasty target?), Garrard (nice QB, but signed an extension last year to hold a clip board for the next 3 seasons behind lefty), and Trent Green (big performance dip this season and how many are left for this 12 season vet?). McNair, see my intro sentence... this guy has 1 year left, and after that a dynasty leaguer gets the right to put him on their "wasted draft pick wall of fame" while Campbell is a likely starter in Washington.
Favre's been on his last season for about four years now, and while he finally fell off the cliff this season, up until then you were getting top-12 production out of him. Starting around that time, your reasoning pointed to Carr, Harrington, Ramsey, and McCown, none of whom have been of much use at all for 12-team leagues.
Not really following much of your response as I don't have a problem with where these QB's you've specifically named are going nor did I suggest otherwise. I agree Favre is going to play forever and I'd rate him above T.Green/A.Brooks, and J.Campbell. I also disagree tht my reasoning "pointed to" Carr, Harrington, Ramsey and McCown. Those QBs have been given an opportunity and (IMHO) failed to show much promise and/or ability to take a stranglehold on the QB1 role on their teams. I would not trade J.Campbell for any of those guys in a dynasty league, and the difference there is Campbell has not been given an opportunity and failed, albeit yet. It goes without saying I'm talking about a #3 QB in a 12 team league here when I say Campbell has value (25-36 ranking).

Users who are viewing this thread