What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: QB Kyle Lauletta, N.Y. Giants (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

An NFL scout told Bob McGinn Football that Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta has "the face, the body type, the maturity."

We're not quite sure what the scout means by the fact that Lauletta has "the face" for quarterback, but one consistent theme evaluators hit on with McGinn was that for all of the Spiders signal-caller's positives in terms of coachability and football intelligence, he just doesn't have a huge physical skill-set. As one evaluator put it, "I don’t know if he’s got enough arm, truly." Lauletta's best fit at the pro level will come in a system where he's not forced to torpedo the ball downfield too often, but rather allows him to tap into his positives as a rhythm passer in a timing offense. We don't believe Lauletta will be drafted in the first round, but it's not an impossibility. This draft could have any number of surprises, simply due to the number of quality quarterback prospects available. 

Apr 23 - 5:28 PM

Source: Bob McGinn Football

Rotoworld:

Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta had the fastest official 20 yard shuttle on Saturday of any quarterback with a time of 4.07 seconds at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Lauletta also posted a 4.81 40-yard dash which ranks sixth unofficially among signal-callers. On top of that, he also had a 113 inch broad jump, which was fifth best at the position. Lauletta was one of the standout stars of the Senior Bowl, and he showed in Indianapolis that there's plenty of athleticism at his disposal as well. He likely goes on Day 2, maybe even in the second round.

Source: NFL.com 

Mar 3 - 6:52 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN's Todd McShay ranked Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta as the fourth best QB during Senior Bowl practice.

Lauletta ranks only behind Wyoming's Josh Allen, Oklahoma's Baker Mayfield and Washington's Luke Falk. McShay said earlier in the week that he wanted to see how Lauletta handled the "higher competition," and it appears he did it well enough. "Nothing jumps out about Lauletta; he has an average arm, average size (6-2, 217) and a slightly funky release," McShay writes. "But the more you watch him, the more you appreciate his efficiency. He picked up things well from Texans coach Bill O'Brien and gained confidence as the week progressed." McShay also notes that he believes Lauletta currently projects as a signal-caller who will go in the fourth or fifth round.

Source: ESPN 

Jan 26 - 6:15 PM

rockaction said:
The "face?" The heck? 
Hmmm...The QB is called the face of the franchise...Probably meant to say he has the "head" of an NFL QB but had a brain spasm and came out with the wrong word.

Interesting to see Shurmur now admits they completely screwed up last year by not starting Davis Webb to see what he could do when they were statistically out of the playoff hunt. Hope they don't repeat that mistake with Lauletta but it would not surprise me if didn't play a down in the remaining games and then be cut in the offseason like Webb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm...The QB is called the face of the franchise...Probably meant to say he has the "head" of an NFL QB but had a brain spasm and came out with the wrong word.

Interesting to see Shurmur now admits they completely screwed up last year by not starting Davis Webb to see what he could do when they were statistically out of the playoff hunt. Hope they don't repeat that mistake with Lauletta but it not surprise me if didn't play a down in the remaining games and then be cut in the offseason like Webb.
I roster Barkley in one league and Beckham in another. You can bet I hope Manning plays the string out. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread