What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty / Redraft Outlook: ILB Kevin Minter (1 Viewer)

Seany.D

Footballguy
It may be jumping the gun on Cardinals rookie Kevin Minter's dynasty prospects if Daryl Washington is in trouble over recent news in the media. Still we do know Washington will miss the first four games this year, and it looks like Minter could have a three down role, early in his career.

Figure this would be a good thread to continue a discussion about his dynasty and possible redraft value over time, as the news roles in about Washington.

My thoughts are LB2 upside, but he will be in a potential productive fantasy situation, both now and potentially in the future.

Is he a firm 2nd round pick in IDP dynasty leagues with 12 or more times?

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got Minter in a trade since I have Daryl Washington. IT will be interesting to see who AZ goes as the 2 starting ILB for AZ when Washington gets back from the suspension. (Whether that suspension is just 4 weeks or 8 to 10 weeks). Not sure who Jene would say he things the starting ILB's will be between Minter, Dansby, and Washington.

I just got Minter in a trade since I have Daryl Washington. IT will be interesting to see who AZ goes as the 2 starting ILB for AZ when Washington gets back from the suspension. (Whether that suspension is just 4 weeks or 8 to 10 weeks). Not sure who Jene would say he things the starting ILB's will be between Minter, Dansby, and Washington.
Hey Jacobo_Moses

Well, below is what Jene recently posted on his LB Tiers 2013 board.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:26 AM

Very crowded situation now. It's possible that Arizona knows that the other shoe is about to drop with Washington. But it may also be an indication of what they think of Lorenzo Alexander and gives them time to ease Kevin Minter into his eventual larger role. Think we'll see Dansby and Minter both see time next to Washington when his suspension ends.

LB Tiers 2013 - http://forums.footba...c=677381&page=3

To me it will be interesting to see who has the better rookie season and then of course the better overall career. Te'o or Minter. I think both are very talented LBs and both should be in prime spots to put up some stats.

To me it will be interesting to see who has the better rookie season and then of course the better overall career. Te'o or Minter. I think both are very talented LBs and both should be in prime spots to put up some stats.
Easy answer for me, Minter's 3 downs and Te'o is not. Minter may not outscore him this eyar as he learns the defense and is more likely to be subbed out at time, but beyond this year? Minter, easily.

Why is everyone thinking Teo is only a 2 down guy?
I don't think he can man-up on obvious passing downs, he'll be abused with either or both speed and strength, depending on who matches up against him. If he's in there on passing downs that's a big problem for the Chargers imho.

No LB in the NFL today can honestly say with confidence that they can play man to man on any rb or te. LBs just aren't built that way. I think Te'O with some work shall be a good 3 down LB, and personaly I think he will have the better fantasy and NFL career

No LB in the NFL today can honestly say with confidence that they can play man to man on any rb or te.
Ehhh....don't know that i agree with that. There may not be that many, but they exist. Willis, Timmons, et al.

Te'o nor Minter are in that class and probably never will be.

Minter is a monster tackle machine. I have watched him play every single game at LSU. This kid is a ball hawg! He hits like a train. He is very violent and has a phenomenal ball tracking ability as the play develops.

Teo is not half the player Minter is. I'll back here in 24 months to eat my words if Teo has a better 2014 than Minter.

If Minter is a 3 down player in 2013 or only in 2014, he will be a 90+ tackle LB.

Minter will share time with Dansby and likely Washington this year. Next year is another story.
Jasper Brinkley is also there. Maybe he just rides the pine but I rarely see him mentioned in discussion of the LB situation in Arizona.

Users who are viewing this thread