What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Terrace Marshall Jr, Panthers - making plays at training camp (1 Viewer)

I’ve done some investigating and it’s better than I even realized. 9 targets, 87 yards, 90% snap share, 3 RZ targets and sounds like he missed a TD by an inch. He’s lining up outside and running downfield as opposed to how he was used last year like he was Amon Ra working short slot routes. With CMC and Anderson out, you might want to make this for a speculative add this week.

Don’t forget he was a 2nd round pick last year, was super productive at LSU even when Chase and Jefferson were there. 6’2” 205 with 4.45 speed. Still only 22 years old.

Terrace Marshall caught 3-of-6 targets for 53 yards and a touchdown in Carolina's Week 9 loss to the Bengals.

Marshall appeared to catch his first career touchdown early in the second half but was unable to get his right foot down along the right sideline, but ended up securing his first score two possessions later on a corner fade to the back of the end zone, elevating to pluck the ball away from the defender. Marshall should continue as the number two for the Panthers as the franchise takes stock through the remainder of a lost season.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Considering making an offer for this dude in dynasty, banking on Carolina getting a Stroud or Bryce next year. Or at the least some kind upgrade at QB.

He’s shown life the last two weeks. Former 5 star prospect, did well in college. Got 2nd round draft capital. There’s likely worse things to throw an early rookie 3rd rounder at.

I am also looking for a reason to have some interest in the game and I’m a massive favorite this week. My team has only 1 weakness and it’s this dreaded third WR slot.

Terrace Marshall (shoulder) is active for Week 12 against the Broncos.​

Marshall was questionable because of the shoulder injury but always looked likely to play. He will be a low-end FLEX option in what profiles as one of the ugliest games of the year. Inactive for the Panthers are QB PJ Walker, S Juston Burris, S Myles Hartsfield, TE Giovanni Ricci, LB Cory Littleton, OT Larnel Coleman, and DT Matt Ioannidis.
Nov 27, 2022, 11:37 AM ET

I still believe in the talent. And he had some flashes last season. I think if they can get a legit QB, he's someone who could really surprise. He's got to be virtually free at this point.

Panthers beat writer Mike Kaye believes Terrace Marshall is "on the cusp of a breakout campaign."

After a down rookie season in 2021, Marshall would post a 28-490-1 line in his second season while averaging 17.5 YPR. The former second-round pick is expected to compete for a starting role with rookie Jonathan Mingo this offseason. Still, Kaye believes Marshall will ultimately "out-snap and out-produce his rookie counterpart" this season. Under a new head coach in Frank Reich, and with Bryce Young now under center, Marshall could have some sneaky upside in fantasy. He's currently going in the the final rounds of fantasy football drafts
SOURCE: Charlotte Observer
May 31, 2023, 6:18 PM ET

worth remembering he’s still 22. If he’s ready for a breakout breakout the other names in the room should all be beatable at this point in their respective careers

He's really killing it in mini camps.

Appears to be in the best shape of his life. Just saying.

In all seriousness, I do still have a small amount of hope he gets a chance and puts it together this year. Price really shouldn't be too bad.

Panthers HC Frank Reich said Terrace Marshall “shows the capacity to be a big play guy” this season.

Panthers beat writer Mike Kaye said last month that Marshall could be “on the cusp of a breakout campaign” in 2023. Reich appears to be just as confident in Marshall, as he mentioned Marshall’s growth last season with the more reps he received. A former second-round pick from the 2021 NFL Draft, Marshall caught just 17 passes for 138 yards in his rookie season but posted a solid 28-490-1 in 2022. While he’ll be in competition with veterans Adam Thielen and D.J. Chark for targets, it sounds like there’s a role to be had for Marshall if he takes advantage of his opportunities in training camp. Marshall is little more than a dart throw in half and full-PPR formats, but he has a chance to emerge as a deep flex play if he continues to develop this offseason.

Sheena Quick
Per source, Terrace Marshall Jr is expected to miss a few weeks after having a full scan performed on his back.
#Panthers
That should pretty much do it for any hope we had
Hmm seems relatively minor and it's not like he doesn't have familiarity with the offense. I think he still has a chance to produce this year.
I was listening to Josh Norris Underdog pod today and his review of their preseason game and beat reports were that Marshall was basically already operating as the backup to Chark and Thielen. While there is still a good chance those guys get hurt or struggle but this injury seems to guarantee he's starting the year on the bench which isn't great for a 3rd year WR in dynasty.

Panthers WR Terrace Marshall (back) returned to practice.

Marshall injured his back on August 16th and has been sidelined since then. It will be interesting to see how he works his way back into the offense after Jonathan Mingo turned in a solid camp and preseason with the Panthers this summer. Marshall has been touted as a potential third-year breakout receiver, but he’ll need to get on the field if he hopes to make that happen. He’s worth a deep flyer late in drafts but doesn’t need to be in fantasy lineups for Week 1’s matchup against the Falcons.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Panthers WR Terrace Marshall was given permission to seek a trade.

Much like fantasy managers, Marshall is tired of waiting for his breakout. The former second-round pick has 16 receptions for 114 yards this season, which includes a 9/56 line on 10 targets in Week 4, but played on a season-low 32 percent of snaps in Week 6. He totaled 28 receptions for 490 yards and one touchdown last season but hast yet to earn a significant role through his first three seasons. The team will reportedly welcome him back if he’s unable to find a trade partner, but he could soon be leaving for greener pastures.

Users who are viewing this thread