What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: The All-You Team (1 Viewer)

Concept Coop

Footballguy
Make a team comprised of guys you value most, relative to market value; the All-You Team, if you will.

Q-Cam

R-McCoy

R-MJD (changed from Morris - market came around, based on ADP)

W-Cruz

W-Shorts

W-Nelson

T-Gronk

F-Ingram

BN-Dalton

BN-Lacy

BN-James Jones

:thumbup: He had one of the best rookie seasons ever. His usage wasn't high, but when they leaned on him and gave him more responsibility, he rewarded them, including an amazing playoff game. Very special player.
Yah, I got him in a startup in January and am really happy. I was targeting him in a second startup over the weekend, but it actually came to a decision on Wilson vs RG3, who had fallen to QB7. Went with RG3.

Q - KaepernickR - GoreR - ForteW - MegatronW - CrabtreeW - NicksT - HernandezF - FitzBN - JstewBN - BlackmonBN - Vernon DavisOk, so maybe I'm a bit more of a Niners homer then I thought ><

QB - Kaepernick I know his value is crazy high right now. I think he's going as roughly the 5-7th QB off the board in startups. I still think that represents value as he has a legitimate chance to finish as QB1)RB - Demarco MurrayRB - Darren McFaddenBoth of these guys are coming off extremely disappointing seasons. I expect bouncebacks for both. Their values are down and will rebound.WR - Justin BlackmonI've seen him in the late 5th in startups, which is odd because that's later than he went last year. After a promising rookie year, I can't imagine why he'd be getting drafted after guys like Cecil Shorts and TY Hilton (roughly the WR28). His upside in Year 2 is far greater IMO than about 10 WRs going before him and I think he could be pushing for Top 12 going into next offseason. WR - Dwayne BoweWR - Michael CrabtreeTE - Aaron Hernandez

I am looking at this two ways, the players I would be most-likely to target in a startup and think are undervalued assets relative to the market.

QB - Top Choice: Cam, Alternates: Brady, Romo

RB - Top Choices: Richardson, Wilson, Alternates: Ingram, Lattimore

WR - Top Choices: Demaryius, Torrey, Alternates: Wright, Broyles, Jenkins

TE - Top Choice: Hernandez, Alternates: Fleener, Ertz, Ladarius Green, Thompson

Bob GriffinJamaal CharlesJonathan StewartPercy HarvinVincent JacksonLance MooreZach ErtzSan FranciscoBench- Michael Vick, Andre Brown, Kendall Hunter, Larry Fitzgerald, Denver, Seattle, HoustonYes, I listed 4 defenses. Good young defenses are always undervalued in startups- they should start coming off the board a several rounds before they typically do.

QB - Russell Wilson - Might have had the best rookie year of last year's class, and is also the cheapest of Luck/RG/Kaep.RB - Rashard Mendenhall - Already said a lot about him. I think he's a great value at his current price. RB - Ryan Mathews - I still think he's a good back when healthy. Granted, he isn't healthy very often, but...WR - Cecil Shorts - He probably deserves to be at least 10 WR spots higher than his ADP. WR - Michael Floyd - Not 100% sold on him, but I'd argue that he actually had the best rookie year possible given the circumstance. WR - Rueben Randle - My favorite second tier rookie WR from last year. A good player to stash.TE - Tyler Eifert - I don't see much out there on the TE landscape, so I'll take a chance on this rookie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q: BradyR: MurrayR: C JohnsonW: DezW: JordyW: L MooreT: OlsenB: Bradford, A Brown, Tolbert, P Thomas, Wright, Sanders, Pitta

QB: Cam NewtonRB: CJ SpillerRB: Rashard MendenhallRB is hard for me because it is the least important position to me in a dynasty league. I feel like I can always find week-to-week serviceable options. I think Spiller's a beast, and I seem to keep owning Mendy, so I must be higher on him...WR: Torrey SmithWR: Percy HarvinLove both of these guys. A lot.TE: Rob GronkowskiFlex: Marques ColstonI've been higher on him for like 5 years now. Love him. Top QB, tons of passing, top target, works from all WR spots...

QB: Sam BradfordRB: Todd Gurley/Melvin Gordon/Brendan Bigelow/TJ Yeldon... kiddingRB: CJ SpillerRB Frank GoreWR: Danario AlexanderWR: Roddy WhiteWR: Reggie WayneTE: Jason Witten

QB Kaepernick/WilsonRB SpillerRB MJDWR JulioWR CrabtreeWR NicksTE HernandezOthers:QB: Luck and Cam.RB: Matthews and DMC - Good punts at current price.WR: Torrey Smith, TY Hilton, Josh Gordon and Shorts.TE: Vernon Davis and Kyle Rudolph.

VALUE PLAYERS:There are different categories of valuations.ELITE Best of top 10. You don't trade these players. You build around them.TIER 1 (Top10) Talent, steady, consistent produce w/ less upside etc. high floor.Tier 2 more risk. ex. WR1 on a bad team that runs a lot or Boom Bust player...3pts or 30pts. No consistency. Just upside. Tier 3 Not talented good players. Low ceiling high floor roll players w/ promising situations. Some trade value.Teir 4 Bye Week fill in. Roster spots just in case it works out. Little trade value.Tier 5 You've got extra room on your roster, why not. No trade value. Not picked up off waivers/FA if you drop them. Among these categories I mentioned there are a variety of players I like. I want Elite or potential Elite or the next best thing for the price. I never want to pay retail or market price for a player. In Dynasty your odds increase when you can Buy Low and Sell high for upgrades w/o trading away the wrong players. Knowing when to sell is important. I've been reading about Ogletree in FBGs since 2009. In week 1 he went off. Then nothing. A lot of people reacted to this and went to acquire him. I think he did nothing after that. Knowing your player's true value is key. You don't have to be right. Just know you can live with your decision and how long you're willing to wait for it to develop.Roster killers. No trade-value players that score 7-11pts week but you can't build them and they're better than most options on FA/WW. Trade these for what you can get for them. My recent examples of these guys were: Anthony Armstrong, Blount, Gerhart, Lance Moore, Dexter McCluster. There are plenty moore. Keep them if you don't believe you've seen what they can do yet. Sell them if you think you can get an acceptable amount for it. Timing of who needs what in the league is crucial as well. A boom bust player isn't great to build a team around but if he's your 3rd or 4th best player and good to insure against injury and bye weeks it's great for a team that's stacked and willing to make a run at the title. Try to get some added value out of it if possible. With that said:QB I like LUCK, WILSON, KAEPERNICK Tannehill. ASmith?RB ADP, Richardson, Martin, (Ballard, MSmith, and a host of others)WR AJ Green, Megatron, Shorts, VBrown, KMartin, Harvin, Decker, pick a GB WR, Givens.TE Hernandez, Housler, and who knows.DRAFTS: Trading 2013 draft picks for higher 2014 picks and known player in the league today. Anti-Value. Value I'm not wild about. 2013 Draft Class. Trading up in this draft. QB Newton: He's very talented but did you ever see Jordan pout post-game like Newton was doing for weeks in a row? At least Jordan had the courtesy to go play minor league baseball #number 45, until he snapped out of it. I screwed up by taking Greg Little over him in the draft but I'm thinking it could be a long term blessing. I'm be too bought into to him and biased not seeing the flaws. I think this catches up to him and eventually limits his potential with RG3, Luck, Wilson being more mature and as productive.WR Blackmon: Good player but not as good as some others. JuJones, AJGreen, Megatron. Top player out of a draft doesn't make as good as the ones already in the leauge. He'll need to show me something besides alcoholic tendencies. RB RunDMC: I can't trust his injury history. 20ppg is great but 0 when you need 7-10 kills. Knowing he'll miss 3-5 games of my season worries me. I'll value him as suchTE: Can't think of one. There are a few idiots. Dante Rosario isn't someone I'm trading up for to replace Gates. I think he had a 3TD game and that was his version of Ogletree. Curbing enthusiasm can be important. OTHER VALUE PICKS NOT MENTIONED SO FAR...Trading out of the Top 10 in 2013 draft.Acquiring known players with picks and future 2014 picks probably not a bad choice.

At QB, the guys I would value higher than CW are really 3rd and 4th tier guys. I value the position highly but would play off tiers in a startup.QB: Flacco, Locker, whoever Reid picks (Geno, Foles)At RB, I prefer unproven players or former pedigree picks who seem buried. Also, I like very cheap guys I can backfill my roster with and hope to get lucky. RB: Ingram, Vereen, Hillman, Bryce Brown, Pead, Bernard, other rookies TBD; Bilal Powell, Joique Bell, Felix Jones, Roy Helu, LeGarrette Blount, Donald Brown, Montario HardestyAt WR, I prefer big name players and boom/bust gambles. Depth at WR is cheap, so I try not to get too many guys with low WR2 upside.WR: Calvin, Julio Jones, Wallace, Blackmon, Gordon, Cordarrelle Patterson, Brian Quick, Stephen Hill, Da'Rick Rogers, Santonio Holmes, LaVon Brazill, Nick Toon, Tommy Streeter, other rookies TBDAt TE, I don't think I can list any of the top 3 guys. I like them all. If I didn't get one I would take my chances with:TE: Pitta, Gates, Cook, Moeaki

Last edited by a moderator:
geared toward PPR, as you might guessQB: Peyton Manning - put on earth to play QB; won't give it up until he has toRB: Sproles - people still account for his age as if he were a running back, but he's a receiverRB: McCoy - #2 RB in startups next yearWR: Fitz - Arians will scheme to get him (relatively) openWR: Garcon - coming out party delayed one yearWR: Amendola - I don't buy the injury-prone label yetTE: Graham - still think he and Gronk are a coin flip Flex: Bradshaw - don't count him out, no matter where he lands

QB KaepernickRB Richardson (should be unanimous #1 RB)RB pretty meh on most other non elite RBsWR CrabtreeWR Tampa MikeWR Andre RobertsTE Dwayne AllenRookiesQB ManuelRB MichaelWR Rogers

QB: Kaepernick. I love running QB's as a hedge amongst themselves to set you up with a ceiling of 15 points a week, every week. Amongst the running-style RB's, we are seeing injury occur more often than it does vs. pure pocket passers (Vick, RGIII). Kaep has the size to better take the hits, IMHO. His hype is extremely high, so if you don't have him already the value might have eroded completely. Still, at the right price or better, this guy is on any of my teams. He's proven he has big game potential down the playoff stretch, and can air out the rock, maximizing WR potential. RB1: MJD. We know what he has done in the past and can be. I don't think you'll ever get him cheaper than you will in 2013 start-ups/redrafts for the remainder of his career. If he comes back healthy and ready, the passing game has opened up in JAX with the emergence of Shorts/Blackmon, which was never there when MJD dominated in the past. I would love to have him for 2-3 seasons, and trade when the time is right for whatever I can get based on his name. RB2: DMC. Gimme, gimme, gimme. Another super risk/reward based on the debacle that was 2012. Week 1 and 2011 pre-injury performance tell you the talent is there, we all know that. He's 25, and only 769 carries into his career. He has a horrendous injury history thus far, which is where the value comes in for the talent you will get back potentially. Another thing to watch this off-season is whether or not the ZBS is re-evaluated or not. Even better if they stick with it, since it will drive the value for him even higher with people dismissing him for 2013 (and he were to somehow adapt to it finally). Even when healthy in 2012, he wasn't a scoring lightning rod, but wasn't a train wreck for a RB2, although you didn't draft him as such in 2012. Now you do, and I don't think I want to miss the chance to acquire him this low in 2013.WR1: Harvin. Similar to how I described Cobb below, I like a hedged bet at WR, and Cobb/Harvin give me that at the price of 2 high end WR2/low end WR1 types, who I can rely on to net me points week to week. Need to see if anything happens to his situation this off-season, but he'd be my high-er risk (off-field stuff and injury)/very high reward WR1. Speed, possessions, ability to get me points week to week, I'm a buyer.WR2: Cobb. With Jennings all but signed with another team, another player like Kaep who might not have value left at his price. No shockers here, Rodgers loves him and he catches the ball well, excellent speed and gets the occasional rushes out of the backfield. Looking forward to owning Cobb anywhere I have him or can acquire him in the coming year as my possession with WR1 any/every week upside, a guy I can rely on for 8+ a week and not alot of stinkers. TE: Rudolph. If I had unlimited funds, I'd shoot higher, but I/you don't. I think great value is presented here. We've seen what he can be in 2012 (53/493/9). At 23 and just starting to grow, I'm all aboard this train as a value play as he and Ponder continue to develop. Flex: Mendy. As already mentioned, I'll take the gamble again for the future that was a failure in 2012. His value is very high relative to potential output right now. If, big if, he finds the right situation and performs at near-optimal output, plugging his numbers into your flex spot is insane value.

geared toward PPR, as you might guess

QB: Peyton Manning - put on earth to play QB; won't give it up until he has to

RB: Sproles - people still account for his age as if he were a running back, but he's a receiver

RB: McCoy - #2 RB in startups next year

WR: Fitz - Arians will scheme to get him (relatively) open

WR: Garcon - coming out party delayed one year

WR: Amendola - I don't buy the injury-prone label yet

TE: Graham - still think he and Gronk are a coin flip

Flex: Bradshaw - don't count him out, no matter where he lands
Interesting to look back on these. Peyton/McCoy/Graham/Garçon look good; all have higher ADP this offseason. Sproles/Amendola/Bradshaw look very bad.

QB - Russell Wilson - Might have had the best rookie year of last year's class, and is also the cheapest of Luck/RG/Kaep.RB - Rashard Mendenhall - Already said a lot about him. I think he's a great value at his current price. RB - Ryan Mathews - I still think he's a good back when healthy. Granted, he isn't healthy very often, but...WR - Cecil Shorts - He probably deserves to be at least 10 WR spots higher than his ADP. WR - Michael Floyd - Not 100% sold on him, but I'd argue that he actually had the best rookie year possible given the circumstance. WR - Rueben Randle - My favorite second tier rookie WR from last year. A good player to stash.TE - Tyler Eifert - I don't see much out there on the TE landscape, so I'll take a chance on this rookie.
Mixed bag here. Mendy and Shorts sucked. Mathews and Floyd were good.

Jury still out on Randle, Wilson, and Eifert to some extent. None are worth significantly less than a year ago though.

QB - Luck

RB - Peterson

RB - Charles

WR - Calvin

WR - Cobb

WR - Bowe

TE - Olsen

Flex - CJ?K / Vereen / Nicks

My real 16 teamer and I only came in 2nd :(

Q: BradyR: MurrayR: C JohnsonW: DezW: JordyW: L MooreT: OlsenB: Bradford, A Brown, Tolbert, P Thomas, Wright, Sanders, Pitta
Brady and Moore were pretty disappointing. Got what you can expect out of Chris Johnson and Olsen. Happy with the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread