What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DYNASTY - Top 1-10 Overall Fantasy Players (1 Viewer)

ESPN Rosters

this is in re-draft but why would this make a difference. I'm guessing they found this to be the most balanced roster. As a matter of fact i remember the first year they did this they did allow a starting roster of 3 RB's. they canned that option after the first year. My bet is because they looked at the stats from all the league champs and realized a vast majority of them had their rosters set in this manner. Total speculation but I find it an awful big coincidence.

I was in 5 $$ leagues last year, one being the 2,2,2Flex league. With 14 informed and involved owners, it's not very easy to get 4 RB's worth playing any given week. league 1 (12 teams): 1QB,2RB,3WR,TE,K,Defleague 2 (10 teams): 1QB,2RB,2WR,TE,K,Defleague 3 (12 teams): 1QB,1RB,2WR,TE,1flex,K,Defleague 4 (12 teams): 1QB,1RB,1WR,TE,2flex,K,DefDynasty (14 teams): 1QB,2RB,2WR,2flex,K,DefI actually like my league 1 and dynasty lineups the best. With 14 good players, it is a challenge all year long and I don't mind possible 4 starting RB's. If you're a good enough owner to get 4 great backs, you should be able to play them. It keeps everyone involved all-year round. No matter what the league starting line-up is however, QB is just not that important. You can do well, and better with a mid-round QB or QBBC if you draft half-way decent. In any league, waivers and trades are very important, just not the initial draft. It's hard to get those stud RB's, where you can always get a decent QB....

All of these people putting Boldin, C.Johnson, or Holt in their top 10 overall list obviously haven't been stuck starting a James Stewart or Duce Staley at RB. I'll take a McAllister, A.Green, or Jamal Lewis any day and take my chances landing the next Boldin or C.Johson a few rounds later.

If you are interested in just doing a mock draft, you can find some at xpertleagues.com and you could also set one up via MFL as well.
thanks for the source but Mocks are just that, Mocks! they mean nothing. even if we all got in a Dynasty mock draft together we would all have the same opinions. people would think they drafted well when in reality not everyone will. It's only the true test of the season that will tell if the draft was good for an owner or not. In the case of a Dynasty the draft may not reveal itself for years. The same holds true in the real NFL Draft. I saw a post some time ago about how teams were graded in the NFL after the draft. i found it very enlightening to see how some teams were graded and how the players actually panned out for them.

ESPN Rostersthis is in re-draft but why would this make a difference. I'm guessing they found this to be the most balanced roster. As a matter of fact i remember the first year they did this they did allow a starting roster of 3 RB's. they canned that option after the first year. My bet is because they looked at the stats from all the league champs and realized a vast majority of them had their rosters set in this manner. Total speculation but I find it an awful big coincidence.
I think when ESPN started their leagues, there were some informed people, and some people not so into FF like people on these boards.....I wouldn't say ESPN leagues are as bad as yahoo free leagues, but I don't think they're chalk full of great players. I think there are some more people there that are causal FF players, not die-hards like us.

All of these people putting Boldin, C.Johnson, or Holt in their top 10 overall list obviously haven't been stuck starting a James Stewart or Duce Staley at RB. I'll take a McAllister, A.Green, or Jamal Lewis any day and take my chances landing the next Boldin or C.Johson a few rounds later.
Exactly.....edit to say though that Holt and Chad will be in my 11-20.....I think all leagues should start at the minimum 2 RB's.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I think all leagues should start at the minimum 2 RB's.....
opinion noted.Everyone knows that RB's are the most consistent point getters in the game (followed closely by QB). You get yourself a clear cut #1 RB and you can count on 25 carries a game. This results in a very stable supply of points for your team week in and week out. However, if you play in a league that takes this into consideration you can have very competitive teams that do not lean on their RB corp.So i guess my point is.... base you rankings on how your league values each position. If they say, "sure you can start 4 RBs" than duh, get as many as you can. If, however, they tell you you can start 2 QB's you better grab some QB's. I believe this is why it is so hard to get an accurate 'OVERALL Top Players" list. There are simply too many rule variations. 1pt per reception, -2 for an interception. bonus 10 points for a rushing TD over 30 yards. It goes on and on.

by the way. Even i have a huge number of RB's coming in the 11-20 range. After the top tier WR's and QB's non really seperate themselves from the pack.

There are no rules listed for the rankings and any veteran fantasy owner knows good and well that rules affect how you draft more than anything else. No reason to get into that debate.Anybody who thinks you cant get a stud RB after round 2 is a newbie. Just because popular opinion doesnt predict a RB is going to be a stud doesnt mean he wont. Predictions are nothing but guesses. They are far more wrong than right. There will be stud running backs selected after round 2. There will be stud running backs selected after round 5. Where was Dominick Davis in dynasty rankings last year? Pretty damn low. No, you dont need to draft a RB in round one to win in either a redraft or dynasty. The difference in the dynasty is that if you do, chances are you are getting a shorter career of high performance from that pick.Obviously if the rules have flex positions the value of RBs increases. That's because of the rules. Not because its better to draft a RB first in a dynasty league.Today Portis doesnt make my top ten. Obviously he was in there when I made the rankings. I dont judge a good dynasty owner by how they draft. Drafting is trivial to good dynasty management. What does a good dynasty owner do when he learns of news like we are hearing about Portis? He reacts with trade proposals and begins researching possible replacements. That's what wins dynasty leagues. Its how you build a dynasty team. You dont win them by drafting back to back RBs. Such logic comes from playing in redrafts.

To all the guys arguing that RBs are short career/high performance picks while WRs are more long-term...... which situation would you rather be in...... having Tomlinson and A.Green as your keepers while you take your chances on whatever WRs you can find for the next 3-4 years OR having Moss and C.Johnson/Boldin/Owens as your keepers while you take your chances on whatever RBs you can find for the next 3-4 years.I'll take Tomlinson and Holmes to give me the best chance to win NOW. Too many things can happen in 3-4 years for me to be looking past that. Give me the best chance to win over a short span of years, then I'll regroup with new RBs in 3 years if I have to.

Today Portis doesnt make my top ten. Obviously he was in there when I made the rankings. I dont judge a good dynasty owner by how they draft. Drafting is trivial to good dynasty management. What does a good dynasty owner do when he learns of news like we are hearing about Portis? He reacts with trade proposals and begins researching possible replacements. That's what wins dynasty leagues. Its how you build a dynasty team. You dont win them by drafting back to back RBs. Such logic comes from playing in redrafts.
well said

thanks for the source but Mocks are just that, Mocks! they mean nothing. even if we all got in a Dynasty mock draft together we would all have the same opinions. people would think they drafted well when in reality not everyone will. It's only the true test of the season that will tell if the draft was good for an owner or not. In the case of a Dynasty the draft may not reveal itself for years. The same holds true in the real NFL Draft. I saw a post some time ago about how teams were graded in the NFL after the draft. i found it very enlightening to see how some teams were graded and how the players actually panned out for them.
there are dozens of dynasty leauges forming and looking for owners all the time.I'm in several and am completely comfortable with my draft strategy, which has served me well for the past 10 years or so. I don't really see a need to join a new league just to prove that drafting stud RBs in the first round is better than drafting a stud QB.

There are no rules listed for the rankings and any veteran fantasy owner knows good and well that rules affect how you draft more than anything else. No reason to get into that debate.Anybody who thinks you cant get a stud RB after round 2 is a newbie. Just because popular opinion doesnt predict a RB is going to be a stud doesnt mean he wont. Predictions are nothing but guesses. They are far more wrong than right. There will be stud running backs selected after round 2. There will be stud running backs selected after round 5. Where was Dominick Davis in dynasty rankings last year? Pretty damn low. No, you dont need to draft a RB in round one to win in either a redraft or dynasty. The difference in the dynasty is that if you do, chances are you are getting a shorter career of high performance from that pick.Obviously if the rules have flex positions the value of RBs increases. That's because of the rules. Not because its better to draft a RB first in a dynasty league.Today Portis doesnt make my top ten. Obviously he was in there when I made the rankings. I dont judge a good dynasty owner by how they draft. Drafting is trivial to good dynasty management. What does a good dynasty owner do when he learns of news like we are hearing about Portis? He reacts with trade proposals and begins researching possible replacements. That's what wins dynasty leagues. Its how you build a dynasty team. You dont win them by drafting back to back RBs. Such logic comes from playing in redrafts.
you most certainly CAN find a stud RB late in the draft...but, that doesn't mean it is easy to do.For every Domanick Davis, there are dozens of LaBrandon Toefields, Artose Pinners, Musa Smiths and Tony Hollings who have yet to do much of anything.If you grab a QB or WR early in a dynasty draft, you are putting a ton of pressure on your drafting ability to find a productive RB later on. In contrast, if you lock up a couple studs at RB early, then you can be free to load up at the QB and WR positions.A simple VBD analysis will often show that RBs ARE the best value in round 1. WR value comes next, and then QB value.

A simple VBD analysis will often show that RBs ARE the best value in round 1. WR value comes next, and then QB value.
How exactly do you do a simple VBD analysis for dynasty purposes? I am not sure how you get people to agree on a formula that relates short term value to long term value.Also, I would disagree with your assertion that you can always find 2-3 QB's that can function like a top 5 if you start the right one. Certainly you have a decent shot of that in a redraft league. However, it is my opinion that the players that make for acceptable QBBC prospects change dramatically from year to year. Those players are also very likely to lose their job in any given year: see Jeff Blake, Patrick Ramsey, Jon Kitna, Kordell Stewart, Jay Fiedler, Brian Griese, etc. You don't need to try to win your dynasty league in is first year. You can draft a high quality QB in the draft and try to stockpile rookie picks.I am in a 14 team dynasty league. That means that some teams have two starting QB's and some have 3-and then we keep crappy ones on the bench. The more lower ranked qb's you have, the more like you are to be forced to keep people like Shaun King on your roster- just in case he gets a shot somewhere. Nobody has a big stock of QB's. I am in much better shape than most with McNair, brooks, Volek, and Fiedler. We award 6 points all td's, and having a top 10 QB is pretty important.

How exactly do you do a simple VBD analysis for dynasty purposes? I am not sure how you get people to agree on a formula that relates short term value to long term value.Also, I would disagree with your assertion that you can always find 2-3 QB's that can function like a top 5 if you start the right one. Certainly you have a decent shot of that in a redraft league. However, it is my opinion that the players that make for acceptable QBBC prospects change dramatically from year to year. Those players are also very likely to lose their job in any given year: see Jeff Blake, Patrick Ramsey, Jon Kitna, Kordell Stewart, Jay Fiedler, Brian Griese, etc. You don't need to try to win your dynasty league in is first year. You can draft a high quality QB in the draft and try to stockpile rookie picks.I am in a 14 team dynasty league. That means that some teams have two starting QB's and some have 3-and then we keep crappy ones on the bench. The more lower ranked qb's you have, the more like you are to be forced to keep people like Shaun King on your roster- just in case he gets a shot somewhere. Nobody has a big stock of QB's. I am in much better shape than most with McNair, brooks, Volek, and Fiedler. We award 6 points all td's, and having a top 10 QB is pretty important.
I'm simply speaking for any particular year. Yes, you must factor in age and long term value, but you play to win each year. If a RB is going to be the value pick according to VBD for the current year, then as long as he is still relatively young and you think he has more than a year or two left, he'll likely remain the VBD choice in years 2 and 3. If you want to start projecting for success 4 and 5 years down the road, then your accuracy is going to drop considerably.I thought we were discussing the top-10 picks of a dynasty draft? At this point, I am completely unconvinced by any arguments or evidence I have ever seen that would indicate QBs should be taken in the top-10 picks. In fact, most of the evidence I have seen while playing in dynasty leagues for many years suggests that QBs tend to be the most overrated of all positions.If I am drafting in a dynasty league and people start taking Culpepper, Manning, Vick, and McNabb in the first couple rounds, I am very happy because I know it will allow me to build a stronger and deeper team than I would have otherwise.Since there are 32 starting QBs in the league, if you are unhappy with your QBs you will normally be able to find an owner that has 2 or 3 quality QBs and is willing to trade you one for a reasonable price. If, however, you find yourself with no quality RBs, good luck trying to talk an owner into trading you a top-10 RB for a reasonable price. It just won't happen very often unless the guy is a guppy.EDIT TO ADD: Guys like McNair, Hasselbeck, T.Green, B.Johnson, Kitna all generally outperformed their draft position last year and represented great value for their owners. How many RBs drafted after the first couple rounds performed like a top-10 or top-20 player at their position? Waiting on RBs is like playing russian roulette....sure, you might get lucky and land on an empty chamber, but chances are you'll end up getting killed.

EDIT TO ADD: Guys like McNair, Hasselbeck, T.Green, B.Johnson, Kitna all generally outperformed their draft position last year and represented great value for their owners. How many RBs drafted after the first couple rounds performed like a top-10 or top-20 player at their position? Waiting on RBs is like playing russian roulette....sure, you might get lucky and land on an empty chamber, but chances are you'll end up getting killed.
That's great for a re-draft league, but in a dynasty league 1) these types of players are usually already ownes by someone and 2) many of them don't repeat that success later, and you're stuck with them because it's a dynasty league.In true dynatsy leagues, pretty much only rookies are draftable. Of all the positions, RB is historically the best for rookies.I agree with all of your princinples in a redraft league or if you want to win right away in a dynasty league, but I prefer getting a franchise QB and franchise WRs to build for a long run of success in a dynasty league.

That's great for a re-draft league, but in a dynasty league 1) these types of players are usually already ownes by someone and 2) many of them don't repeat that success later, and you're stuck with them because it's a dynasty league.In true dynatsy leagues, pretty much only rookies are draftable. Of all the positions, RB is historically the best for rookies.I agree with all of your princinples in a redraft league or if you want to win right away in a dynasty league, but I prefer getting a franchise QB and franchise WRs to build for a long run of success in a dynasty league.
my point is that you could have the #1 QB AND some great WRs and you still won't win your league if you don't have quality at the RB position.I think you can win with average QBs and average WRs, but you can't win with average RBs.You can often pick up a starting QB off the waiver wire, but that is very unlikely for RBs, at least in my experience.

my point is that you could have the #1 QB AND some great WRs and you still won't win your league if you don't have quality at the RB position.I think you can win with average QBs and average WRs, but you can't win with average RBs.
I've seen it happen quite a bit.
You can often pick up a starting QB off the waiver wire, but that is very unlikely for RBs, at least in my experience.
From my experiences, there seems like nearly every year at least one good RB and one good QB out there. This year, for example, had Brian Westbrook and Domonic Davis. If I remember right, Anthony Thomas was undrafted his rookie year in my leagues. I picked-up Ahman Green as a free agent right before he broke out...

You can often pick up a starting QB off the waiver wire, but that is very unlikely for RBs, at least in my experience.
Obviously you need more experience. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
hmm, really? you sure about that champ?

interesting that you would say that b/c just last year in 2003, the following starting QBs were picked up by myself or somebody else during the regular season in my main IDP dynasty league w/53 man rosters:

Rick Mirer

Tim Hasselbeck

Anthony Wright

Mark Brunell

Chris Chandler

Danny Kanell

Doug Flutie

Rick Mirer

Tim Hasselbeck

Anthony Wright

Mark Brunell

Chris Chandler

Danny Kanell

Doug Flutie
these were bye week fill ins I hope. Nothing more. I'm pretty sure he was talking about quality Starting NFL QB's that you could actually depend on week in and week out.You start with a solid QB (like so many NFL teams) add some top tier WR's and then go to the rookie draft and snag some top RB prospects. This is very possible. Especially using your own logic. I should pretty much bomb in season one and get a top pick.

Round one I take Moss

Round two I take Vick

Round 3 I take the best available

let's say i get one solid RB Kevin jones for example. If he performs immediately great! I have a dynasty the sounds a little like Aikman, Smith and Irvin. he he's a little slow out of the gate and my team struggles once again, guess i get another high draft selection. You don't play to win. YOU PLAY TO DOMINATE. Year in and year out, not just one season. You shouldn't strive to be the Florida Marlins.

Rick MirerTim HasselbeckAnthony WrightMark BrunellChris ChandlerDanny KanellDoug Flutie
these were bye week fill ins I hope. Nothing more. I'm pretty sure he was talking about quality Starting NFL QB's that you could actually depend on week in and week out.You start with a solid QB (like so many NFL teams) add some top tier WR's and then go to the rookie draft and snag some top RB prospects.
Good news for you is that strategy will get you early rookie picks to get your RB's.

Good news for you is that strategy will get you early rookie picks to get your RB's.
That's what I was hoping when I traded my 1st rounder (9th overall out of 10) for a 2nd and another pick then took Moss and McNabb with my first two picks. I would be in position to grab a top rookie RB this year to add to those studs and be set for years to come.Instead, the rest of my draft went well and I got lucky in free agency. I lead the league in scoring and will now be picking in the back half of the draft, probably unable to get a top rookie RB :(

I know ...you can always pull an example out of your #### but this team in my 14 team dynasty league has been less than spectacular. In fact he's one of 2 teams that has yet to EVER make the playoffs since the leagues conceptionBrad JohnsonLaDainian TomlinsonCorey DillonJames McKnightPlaxico BurressSebastian Janikowski Carolina PanthersByron LeftwichDoug FlutieMusa Smith Thomas JonesWilliam GreenJerry RiceDarnerien McCants,Billy MillerChris Simms,and this team is one of the all time top performers.Tom BradyMichael Bennett Chad JohnsonDarrell Jackson Marvin HarrisonTony GonzalezJeff Wilkins Pittsburgh Steelers Josh McCownTommy MaddoxCorrell BuckhalterMoe WilliamsTony HollingsWillis McGahee Antonio Gates

I agree totally with aaron and burning. I have seen absolutly nothing that would make me pick a QB early in the initial dynasty draft. The only ones that might get a starting rookie rb for sure are those that have pick 1 and 2. the rest is a crapshoot. It is easy to trade for a QB in a dynasty league, or pick one up. Examples have already been stated from last season. No one trades away stud RB's unless they are getting one in return.Is anyone else even going to put in their top 10?

I know ...you can always pull an example out of your #### but this team in my 14 team dynasty league has been less than spectacular. In fact he's one of 2 teams that has yet to EVER make the playoffs since the leagues conceptionBrad JohnsonLaDainian TomlinsonCorey DillonJames McKnightPlaxico BurressSebastian Janikowski Carolina PanthersByron LeftwichDoug FlutieMusa Smith Thomas JonesWilliam GreenJerry RiceDarnerien McCants,Billy MillerChris Simms,
How poor is this guy guy to actually be starting James McKnight in a league of your size?

I know ...you can always pull an example out of your #### but this team in my 14 team dynasty league has been less than spectacular. In fact he's one of 2 teams that has yet to EVER make the playoffs since the leagues conceptionBrad JohnsonLaDainian TomlinsonCorey DillonJames McKnightPlaxico BurressSebastian Janikowski Carolina PanthersByron LeftwichDoug FlutieMusa Smith Thomas JonesWilliam GreenJerry RiceDarnerien McCants,Billy MillerChris Simms,
How poor is this guy guy to actually be starting James McKnight in a league of your size?
Because he ignored his WR and QB position and overpayed for his RB's.

He probably paid some good money for Burress. That didn't help much. And he still did better than the guy who paid good money for Gannon, Warner, Moulds, and Boston.

He probably paid some good money for Burress. That didn't help much. And he still did better than the guy who paid good money for Gannon, Warner, Moulds, and Boston.
So basically he picked the wrong players, not necessarily the wrong positions.

He should have been able to get a better WR off the waiver-wire than have to play McKnight. There were a bunch of good wavier WR's last year.

He had Rice on his roster... I'm guessing McKnight was listed first for effect.McKnight: 23 catches, 360 total yards, 3 TDs.Rice: 63 catches, 869 yards, 2 TDs.

these were bye week fill ins I hope. Nothing more. I'm pretty sure he was talking about quality Starting NFL QB's that you could actually depend on week in and week out.
I never said anything about how good the QBs were...just that finding a starting QB was very easy last year, given all the injuries that occured at the position. In contrast, finding a RB to pick up and plug in was next to impossible.and, since I was an owner who picked up Mark Brunell last year and stashed him, I'd say he's going to be more than just a bye-week fill in. Also, Anthony Wright had some very good weeks throwing to Marcus Robinson.QBs are overrated.

not quite, since I was the highest scoring team in my league and won the championship. AND, I ended up with a future QB starter in Mark Brunell.did you do any better by riding a superstud QB and ignoring the RB position?

Is anyone else even going to put in their top 10?
1 LaDainian Tolmlinson, RB SD2 Deuce McAllister, RB NO3 Ahman Green, RB GB4 Clinton Portis, RB DEN5 Jamal Lewis, RB, BAL6 Shaun Alexander, RB, SEA7 Priest Holmes, RB KAN8 Kevan Barlow, RB SF9 Michael Vick, QB ATL10 Ricky Williams, RB MIA

I'm looking at a FBGs top 25 QBs list from only 3 years ago. Hope you didn't use a pick drafting any of these guys because you're headed nowhere in a dynasty league with any of them.....2. Kurt Warner5. Brian Griese13. Elvis Grbac14. Doug Flutie15. Rob Johnson17. Kordell Stewart18. Charlie Batch23. Tim Couch24. Vinny Testaverde25. Jeff GeorgeOther notable high picks that could be hearing the toilet flushing soon.....4. Jeff Garcia6. Rich Gannon9. Aaron Brooks

I'm looking at a FBGs top 25 QBs list from only 3 years ago. Hope you didn't use a pick drafting any of these guys because you're headed nowhere in a dynasty league with any of them.....2. Kurt Warner5. Brian Griese13. Elvis Grbac14. Doug Flutie15. Rob Johnson17. Kordell Stewart18. Charlie Batch23. Tim Couch24. Vinny Testaverde25. Jeff GeorgeOther notable high picks that could be hearing the toilet flushing soon.....4. Jeff Garcia6. Rich Gannon9. Aaron Brooks
:rotflmao: exactly! QBs aren't always as predictable as some think, and there is turnover at the QB position just like everywhere else.

Here are some notable RBs from that same year. I wouldn't want any of them now, either. At least not for how high they were back then...1. Marshall Faulk5. Curtis Martin6. Corey Dillon9. Antowain Smith11. Dominic Rhodes12. Garrison Hearst14. Lamar Smith15. Tiki Barber16. Stacey Mack17. Charlie Garner18. Mike Alstott19. Eddie George20. Duce Staley21. Jerome Bettis24. Maurice Smith25. Emmitt SmithI bet you could make the same list with any position for any year.

Top ten dynasty lists depend heavily on what the scoring system and roster setup is on your league. In our league for instance,, we start 1 QB, 1RB, 3WR, and one flex WR/RB. TE's count as WR's.. I tend go got with 2 running backs because there are more high scoring backs available than WR's. As you can probably imagine,, a team with 4 good WR's has a decided avantage over the rest of us. SO in our league at least,, I place a higher value on top end WR's than on top end RB's or QB's. 1)Moss2)Portis3)LT4)Holt5)Ahman Green6)Harrison7)Lewis8)Holmes- age is his only knock,, but its a big one. 9)McCallister10)Who ever inherits the denver runningback job when Portis is gone. I resisted the temptation of putting a qb in the top ten. I really wanted Manning in there somewhere,, but top ten lists should really only include RB's and WR's unless there is some rule in the league that makes QB's more attractive. In our leauge,, QB's get -3 for INT's.. QB's often get negative scores. They are the only position in out league that gets penalized for bad play.. Do I think it is fair? No,, but I have not been able to get the rule changed..

That's great for a re-draft league, but in a dynasty league 1) these types of players are usually already ownes by someone and 2) many of them don't repeat that success later, and you're stuck with them because it's a dynasty league.In true dynatsy leagues, pretty much only rookies are draftable.  Of all the positions, RB is historically the best for rookies.I agree with all of your princinples in a redraft league or if you want to win right away in a dynasty league, but I prefer getting a franchise QB and franchise WRs to build for a long run of success in a dynasty league.
my point is that you could have the #1 QB AND some great WRs and you still won't win your league if you don't have quality at the RB position.I think you can win with average QBs and average WRs, but you can't win with average RBs.You can often pick up a starting QB off the waiver wire, but that is very unlikely for RBs, at least in my experience.
In our league, the guy that had Holmes and Ahman missed the playoffs,, so it isn't always the case that runningbacks make the team.. The guy with the highest scoring regular season had Moss and Holt on his team.. Our league has IDP though,, so that throws a wrench into the works as to who is the top position.. I feel that WR is a slightly more valued position than RB in dynasty leagues.. Only becuase they take longer to develope than a RB. WR's tend to have less injury problems too.. So if you get a top Gun like Moss or holt, you can rest assured your going to have them for awhile.. That being said, I have not drafted a WR in the first round of our league since I joined 3 years ago.. I think this year may be the first,, if someone falls to me in the no. 8 spot.

I'm looking at a FBGs top 25 QBs list from only 3 years ago. Hope you didn't use a pick drafting any of these guys because you're headed nowhere in a dynasty league with any of them.....

2. Kurt Warner

5. Brian Griese

13. Elvis Grbac

14. Doug Flutie

15. Rob Johnson

17. Kordell Stewart

18. Charlie Batch

23. Tim Couch

24. Vinny Testaverde

25. Jeff George

Other notable high picks that could be hearing the toilet flushing soon.....

4. Jeff Garcia

6. Rich Gannon

9. Aaron Brooks
sorry, but this is a poor list and example.If you look at my original list of QB's You'll notice a pattern. Young and established Studs. I would never recomened selecting the #15 ranked QB in the first round. I'm only refering to the top tier QB's and WR's. After the top tier there's a definet mediocrity.

So who EXACTLY were the top 10 QB's 3 years ago?

edited to add my list

1. Daunte Culpepper

2. Michael Vick

3. Peyton Manning

4. Randy Moss

5. Deuce McAllister

6. Donovan McNabb

7. LaDainian Tomlinson

8. Shaun Alexander

9. Chad Johnson

10. Torry Holt

Let me start off by saying a "STUD RB THEORY" guy, but as you'll see, there aren't many on this list. RB's in my mind get used and abused too quick a lot of times. Plus I think there more likely to have a big rookie year than the other fantasy positions.

1. WR - Randy Moss/Vikings: Should/Could be the best player at his position for 7 more years, and still be near the top for a few years after that.

2. QB - Daunte Culpepper/Vikings: Throwing to Randy won't hurt him, if they get another wr to get in the top 15, he'll be lethal between passing & running.

3. QB - Peyton Manning/Colts: Will need a wr to replace Harrison as the man and needs a good 2nd wr like he now has in Wayne. Wayne might be the man to replace Harrison. As long as he stays healthy he'll be near the top every year.

4. QB - Michael Vick/Falcons: I think he can revolutionize the position if he can keep running and stay healthy. He'll get better passing, I'm not worried about that.

5. RB - LaDainian Tomlinson/Charges: He's 24 now so hopefully he won't get used up for another 5 years. He runs awesome behind a bad line, can catch any pass, scores TD's. Just think how he good and healthy he would stay if he had a good line and a passing game around him to keep defenses honest.

6. RB - Clinton Portis/Broncos: He has it all, he just has to prove he can stay healthy. He can run and catch, he's a threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball. I'd rather see him in a Broncos uniform, but he should still be awesome if he's traded to Washington. He's only 23.

7. RB - Deuce McAllister/Saints: The Saints seen last year that if they wanna win they MUST get Deuce the rock over and over agian. Another all-around back that has proven he can stay healthy, he also 24 like LT2, the Saints would be better off throwing him the ball more though, he could catch it 100 times too if he got the chance. He has enough speed to get outside, and enough power to keep pounding it.

8. QB - Donovan McNabb/Eagles: He needs wr's THIS offseason for me to keep him this high, he is only 26 but let's face it, if he doesn't get wr's now, will he ever. He's got the talent, but he has to get the wr's or he's gonna fall, hopefully Reid understands this. His running really helps him too.

9. QB - David Carr/Texans: I think he can be just as good as P. Manning, or close to it. He already has 1 stud wr in Andre Johnson, Gaffney & Bradford are ok, but he'll need a better 2nd wr. He has a good young rb that can catch too. He's only 24 and they're going to mainly be a pass first offense.

10. WR - Andre Johnson/Texans: Ok, let's have it, I'm sure I'll get a lot of "What the ****? Are you crazy?" This is my theory, just I said above, I think Carr can be just as good as P. Manning, or close to it. In my Johnson will be his Marvin Harrison so what would you of ranked Harrison when he was 23? Also, I think the Texans will be a pass first offense.

edited to add my list

1. Daunte Culpepper

2. Michael Vick

3. Peyton Manning

4. Randy Moss

5. Deuce McAllister

6. Donovan McNabb

7. LaDainian Tomlinson

8. Shaun Alexander

9. Chad Johnson

10. Torry Holt
:rolleyes: your leaguemates must love playing against you

1. WR - Randy Moss/Vikings2. QB - Daunte Culpepper/Vikings3. QB - Peyton Manning/Colts4. QB - Michael Vick/Falcons5. RB - LaDainian Tomlinson/Charges6. RB - Clinton Portis/Broncos7. RB - Deuce McAllister/Saints8. QB - Donovan McNabb/Eagles9. QB - David Carr/Texans10. WR - Andre Johnson/Texans
that's it. I give up. :( David Carr ranked #9 overall? He has averaged .6 passing TDs per game played over 2 full seasons.I think we just have too many different opinions/strategies on how to best build a dynasty squad here. The inconsistency among all the lists is going to make our combined rankings somewhat useless.I mean, if we can't even agree on the top-5 or top-10 overall, what is the point of going much further?

:rolleyes: your leaguemates must love playing against you
I went with Moss and McNabb right away and drafted RBs late in my dyansty league and I don't think my leaguemates enjoyed playing me too much as I lead the league in scoring with a couple of (including THE) highest scoring games of the year and had the 2nd best record overall, 1st in my conference.I agree with 11B's list, except I would slide Manning and Vick behind McAllister. (If Vick wasn't an injury concern, he'd be my #3.) I also like the fact that a couple Texans are in there, it's nice not seeing a list that's just a rehash of all the others, which are rehashes of last year's stats. ;) But I would put Holt in there right after McAllister and before Manning.

that's it. I give up. :( David Carr ranked #9 overall? He has averaged .6 passing TDs per game played over 2 full seasons.I think we just have too many different opinions/strategies on how to best build a dynasty squad here. The inconsistency among all the lists is going to make our combined rankings somewhat useless.I mean, if we can't even agree on the top-5 or top-10 overall, what is the point of going much further?
Good dynasty owners arent sheep. They dont just follow the pack. This even applies to redrafts. Allthough you can do better in redrafts by following the pack. Why would people agree? Because you post more replies than anyone else? That doesnt win an arguement. The majority of dynasty owners arent going to copy your rankings.David Carr is lucky to still be alive playing behind the O-line he has had.

Users who are viewing this thread