What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade Advice - DJ Moore for Montgomery/Boyd (1 Viewer)

JohnN1949

Footballguy
I have a trade offer in a dynasty league where we keep 19 players and draft 4 rounds each year.  I plan to keep 2QB, 6WR, 5RB, 2TE, 1 Def, 2 IDP and one extra - best guy remaining.  PPR league with 3WRs, 2RBs and a flex.

My RBs- Fournette, Derrick Henry, Aaron Jones, Joe Mixon, David Montgomery, Chase Edmunds

WRs - Beckham, Ridley, Chark, Christian Kirk, Tyler Boyd, Slayton, AJ Brown, Parris Campbell(IR).

I can get DJ Moore for Montgomery and Boyd.  I think that's a nice upgrade to my WR starting lineup but I'm losing my #5 RB who I'll either keep Chase Edmunds (if he passes Drake, will he?) or my first round draft pick will be a RB, probably about pick #8 in the round.

I have a trade offer in a dynasty league where we keep 19 players and draft 4 rounds each year.  I plan to keep 2QB, 6WR, 5RB, 2TE, 1 Def, 2 IDP and one extra - best guy remaining.  PPR league with 3WRs, 2RBs and a flex.

My RBs- Fournette, Derrick Henry, Aaron Jones, Joe Mixon, David Montgomery, Chase Edmunds

WRs - Beckham, Ridley, Chark, Christian Kirk, Tyler Boyd, Slayton, AJ Brown, Parris Campbell(IR).

I can get DJ Moore for Montgomery and Boyd.  I think that's a nice upgrade to my WR starting lineup but I'm losing my #5 RB who I'll either keep Chase Edmunds (if he passes Drake, will he?) or my first round draft pick will be a RB, probably about pick #8 in the round.
How many IDP's do you start?  If IDP's are insignificant then there is no reason to keep any. 

I would be hesitant to move Montgomery.  He has shown really well when given the opportunity.  I would also have some worry about Jones (health), Henry (small size of being used properly), Fournette (injury), and Mixon (terrible team) of maintaining their current value.  RB is hard to replace.  In addition, Carolina is not in a stable place at QB or system so who knows how that will affect Moore beyond this year.   There is a bit of risk with that as well.

Bottom line, it's not a bad deal and if you like Moore better than Montgomery based on the all the risks associated go ahead and pull the trigger. 

Users who are viewing this thread