What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade Help (1 Viewer)

Bruceman6

Footballguy
12 Team PPR Dynasty League 2 QB and 6 pts per passing TD so good QBs are very valuable.

Was offered Wentz and Julio Jones for

my Tannehill

I feel like it is an okay offer but does not make much sense given Wentz play last year and Julios likely downward trajectory, plus Tannehill was QB8 last year and my roster is very solid at WR.

My roster

QB: Josh Allen, Ryan Tannehill, Jalen Hurts, Drew Lock

RB: Saquon, Kamara, Cook, Hunt

WR: Diggs, JJefferson, ARob, Corey Davis, Pittman, Reagor, BCooks

Thoughts?

Guy has also been trying to move Lockett and D Montgomery this offseason so maybe I could counter for them instead?

Thanks

In a start 2QB I keep Tannehill for sure

The Wentz offer is downright terrible IMO and I wouldn’t move him for Lockett/Montgomery either

I think your team is very good and wouldn’t be looking to make many trades at this point unless you are blown away value-wise

I agree with the others - I wouldn't downgrade at QB in this league for any of the players you mentioned.  I doubt Lockett, Montgomery and even Julio would start for you regularly and I wouldn't downgrade at the most important position by a wide margin in your format for backups, especially old backups.

@RC94  @PantherThunder @JoeSteeler Thanks for the input y’all.

how would y’all feel about an offer of

Wentz and Montgomery for Hurts?

Or possibly Wentz, Montgomery, and a 22 1st for Hurts and Lock?

I honestly don’t know who I value more between Hurts and Tannehill so I don’t know if I like it anymore than the previous offer, so I feel I may counter with the second offer above.

I do feel like I could flip Montgomery for the 1.07 in this draft which would makes things more interesting when assessing this trade. I feel like there’s a solid top 8 in 2qb (Lawrence, Chase, Harris, Pitts, Lance, Fields, ETN, Wilson)

I do feel like I could flip Montgomery for the 1.07 in this draft which would makes things more interesting when assessing this trade. I feel like there’s a solid top 8 in 2qb (Lawrence, Chase, Harris, Pitts, Lance, Fields, ETN, Wilson)
Don't make a trade planning to use that trade to make another one.  That never works out the way you hope and you usually get stuck with something you don't want.  

I guess my main question is why do you want to make this trade?  It seems like you are just trading for the sake of trading without really improving your starting lineup or team in general.  It's just moving pieces around.  

I agree it probably wouldn’t help my team this year but I also do not think it would hurt it and could make it better down the road. The second trade could be adding two firsts who could hit their prime in 2-3 years when maybe tannehill or cook/kamara start to decline a bit, at worst it would still be adding 1 first and Montgomery. I also feel like it wouldn’t totally be crazy to see Wentz have more or equal value to Hurts a year from now, which would make the trades slam dunks.

Just wanted to reach out see if I’m missing anything by not smash accepting depending on how other people view Wentz and Hurts.

I agree tho with the point about not planning for trades ahead. I’m analyzing it as with Montgomery being in the trade. I would definitely try to flip him tho I think. @Gally

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't make a trade planning to use that trade to make another one.  That never works out the way you hope and you usually get stuck with something you don't want.  

I guess my main question is why do you want to make this trade?  It seems like you are just trading for the sake of trading without really improving your starting lineup or team in general.  It's just moving pieces around.  
:goodposting:

I agree it probably wouldn’t help my team this year but I also do not think it would hurt it and could make it better down the road. The second trade could be adding two firsts who could hit their prime in 2-3 years when maybe tannehill or cook/kamara start to decline a bit, at worst it would still be adding 1 first and Montgomery. I also feel like it wouldn’t totally be crazy to see Wentz have more or equal value to Hurts a year from now, which would make the trades slam dunks.

Just wanted to reach out see if I’m missing anything by not smash accepting depending on how other people view Wentz and Hurts.

I agree tho with the point about not planning for trades ahead. I’m analyzing it as with Montgomery being in the trade. I would definitely try to flip him tho I think. @Gally
Which trade gets you 2 1st’s?

If you are in rebuild mode, I understand looking to the future.  But if you believe your team is in contention, I would not look too far into the future.  The league is so fluid and changes constantly.  Do what gives you the best chance to WIN this year. 

Users who are viewing this thread