What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty trade involving QBs (1 Viewer)

Jayded

Footballguy
Keep: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE

Essentially a 6 keeper league treating those 6 players as dynasty (so no cost in subsequent years).

Current Roster:

QB: K. Murray, A. Dalton

RB: S. Barkley, M. Gordon, F. Gore, C. Thompson, Duke Johnson, Ty Johnson, Gus Edwards

WR: A. Cooper, K. Golladay, T. Boyd, Tyrell Williams, Demarcus Robinson, Mohammed Sanu, Curtis Samuel

TE: T. Kelce, C. Herndon

I drafted Kyler Murray as my QB1 and the other owner is talking to me about trading my backup QB (Dalton) and one of my WR (Golladay or Tyler Boyd) for Emmanuel Sanders and either Daniel Jones or Carson Wentz.

I was a big fan of Wentz going into the year and was the guy I was targeting, but this owner selected him ahead of me and I went Murray. I think the most likely scenario based on our conversation is I'd have to consider Dalton + Golladay for Wentz + Sanders but keep in mind then I'd have to choose at end of year between Wentz and Murray. Is it work the upside of being able to choose and keep Wentz if Murrary doesn't look like he's working out if it costs me Golladay? I can also try something else to get Jones and choose between Jones and Murray if that's better.

Last edited by a moderator:
So as you stated, basically Golladay for Wentz or DannyDimes? I like what I saw of Jones this week, never was a fan of Wentz, but appears you are. In Dynasty I think I would roll with Murray/Jones "choice" and may get a long term stud. We know what Wentz is and if you are fine with that then roll with it. I like the upside of the two younger QB's and figuring it out at the end of year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Epic, Wentz has never shown me enough to believe in him. I also have Murray and think he will be far better in the long run

I'm actually ok with either QB, but would try to deal Boyd rather than Golladay, if possible.

Also, what's your record?  Does the league look top heavy?  Yours looks like a contending roster this year, if you're in the mix when Saquon comes back.  I might try to wait a couple weeks or even to the trade deadline to see what shakes out.  Maybe you're a contender and need something to get home, or maybe you're out and can get a better offer from a contender?  Just a thought.

I'm actually ok with either QB, but would try to deal Boyd rather than Golladay, if possible.

Also, what's your record?  Does the league look top heavy?  Yours looks like a contending roster this year, if you're in the mix when Saquon comes back.  I might try to wait a couple weeks or even to the trade deadline to see what shakes out.  Maybe you're a contender and need something to get home, or maybe you're out and can get a better offer from a contender?  Just a thought.
Appreciate the feedback. I'm in first place. I already made the crazy preseason trade to get Gordon and gave up a lot (but again with the rules in mind) because I was playing the long game then too. I get to keep Saquon and Melvin Gordon for their careers if I want to and/or trade them off at any point.

So I was curious what other owners thought in putting a dynasty lens on my QB situation if my presumptive keepers for next year looked something like this:

QB: Murray
RB: Barkley, Gordon
WR: Cooper, Golladay (?), Boyd (?)
TE: Kelce

I can't keep all three of my WR and you could also toss in Tyrell Williams into that WR group too if you really wanted to. We start two flex, so right now I'm going WR heavy because of my depth and with Saquon back later it'll be no brainer at RB.

I think you pass on the trade. I like Murray's long term outlook the best right now. Golladay and Sanders might have similarish value currently (I still prefer Golladay this year) but moving forward past this year he is the number 1 WR and is leading his team in targets. If he gives a different option instead of Golladay then I think you have to take a look at that.

Another side note. If you really enjoy Wentz's long term outlook over Murray's trying putting Murray up there instead of Dalton with a swap of QBs and then WRs and see what options you get. Then I would say evaluate then. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780651-ppr-trade-with-d-cook-m-thomas/

Users who are viewing this thread