What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty trade offer 1 qb standard ppr league (1 Viewer)

yatteth

Footballguy
I have picks 1.02,1.06, 2.06 and 3.06. Had a discussion with the owner with 1.01 and he is hunting for a QB. I have Burrow, FIelds and Purdy.

He offered 1.01 for Burrow and 2.6.

I am already set at WR G. WIlson, P. Nacua and J. Smith-Njigba as starters. Sutton and Juedy backing them up. TE McBride

If I make the deal, I'm thinking of drafting Harrison and Nabors and take one of the top 3 Qbs at 6. Then trade one of the WR to fill my huge hole at RB.

Burrow is the only sure thing I have at QB and I consider him an injury risk. Am I crazy? considering the trade and the follow up plan.

I would make the trade before he changes his mind. Burrow is nice to have, but in a 1 QB league, I dont think he's a league winner. Purdy and Fields should be plenty.
If you make the trade, I wouldnt necessarily be set on taking a QB at 1.06. BPA in a dynasty, especially in the first round.

This is an easy accept. You are just fine with Purdy and Fields at QB in a 1QB league. Jump on this before he thinks about it.

I mimic Cjw......don't take a QB at 1.06. Take BPA and that could be Bowers. The biggest goal in dynasty rookie drafts is to find a multi year fantasy starter. Doesn't matter the position. It's such a crap shoot as it is trying to force a pick based on positional need lowers that dart throw even further. Take the BPA regardless of position.

This is an easy accept. You are just fine with Purdy and Fields at QB in a 1QB league. Jump on this before he thinks about it.

I mimic Cjw......don't take a QB at 1.06. Take BPA and that could be Bowers. The biggest goal in dynasty rookie drafts is to find a multi year fantasy starter. Doesn't matter the position. It's such a crap shoot as it is trying to force a pick based on positional need lowers that dart throw even further. Take the BPA regardless of position.
I'm with all of you that say take the deal and get 1.01 - MHJ. The one thing for me, even in a 1 QB league, is Caleb at 1.06 would be tough to pass up. If he hits he's going to be a 10+ year starter and will hold great value - even in a 1 QB league.

Having said that you don't need to make the 1.06 pick now and can see how the NFL draft shakes out and how the mock drafts go before your draft.

Burrow and 2.06 seems like a good deal to trade away to get the 1.01. I'd do it as you have 2 other good QBs in Purdy and Fields.

Depending on how the NFL draft goes you could look to use 1.06 to trade back and maybe get a late first + another 2nd round pick. then that would allow you to take multiple stabs at RB.

I would NOT trade Wilson, Puka, JSN, MHJ (1.01), or Nabors (1.02). Keep those 5 WRs.

Not sure Sutton or Jeudy will net you anything at this point. Best bet is wait until the season starts and those 2 are putting up fantasy points to trade them for future picks or maybe an RB.

I would 100% keep those 5 WRs and just try to pick up any back-up RB off waivers or maybe get multiple stabs at RB during this draft. So many RBs get burn during the year you can probably piece something together week to week without having to trade your top 5 studs.

I would make the trade before he changes his mind. Burrow is nice to have, but in a 1 QB league, I dont think he's a league winner. Purdy and Fields should be plenty.
If you make the trade, I wouldnt necessarily be set on taking a QB at 1.06. BPA in a dynasty, especially in the first round.

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to reply. I am going to make the deal. Plan will keep evolving until we have our Rookie Draft late July. Lots of good suggestions including trading back.

I find trading for RBs a tough one in the offseason but it is the cheapest time. Problem is, injuries, free agents, NFL draft all affect RBs. And they have such a short shelf life I don't trust it. I usually try to wait as close to week 1 as possible OR, just play the first first weeks of the season with what I have and then see about trading for need. The RBs will be a bit more expensive but more of a guarantee who is starting and who is getting the workload.

Right now you don't have to start any RBs. So during the draft you could just keep the rest of your picks, take a QB or another WR or max the value by trading back and getting extra picks. While you recognize you need RBs I wouldn't be too worried right now about trading for one. Take best player available in the draft and roll with it. If it happens to be an RB then great but don't force the RB pick.

This year I picked up Mixon and Najee mid-season and they helped get me to the championship. As they are both "well-used" they didn't cost me a ton and was able to get me where I needed to go. I also picked up Monty when he was cheaper due to the Gibbs hype - he still payed off.

Lots of time to address the RB position.

This year I picked up Mixon and Najee mid-season and they helped get me to the championship. As they are both "well-used" they didn't cost me a ton
Aging RB's are typically fairly cheap to acquire at any time depending on the owner's situation. The best time is a rebuild guy trying to get rid of that asset about ready to fall off the cliff. Those are great targets for relatively cheap.

I find mid season those kind of backs usually have a higher price as contenders are trying to make a title push to drive the price up. I find right around draft time is the best time to acquire these aging assets.

Update. He thought better of the deal insisted 1.06 and Burrow but I got his 2.02 and kept 2.06. So two Darts in the second round instead of none.

This year I picked up Mixon and Najee mid-season and they helped get me to the championship. As they are both "well-used" they didn't cost me a ton
Aging RB's are typically fairly cheap to acquire at any time depending on the owner's situation. The best time is a rebuild guy trying to get rid of that asset about ready to fall off the cliff. Those are great targets for relatively cheap.

I find mid season those kind of backs usually have a higher price as contenders are trying to make a title push to drive the price up. I find right around draft time is the best time to acquire these aging assets.
It is a fine line trading for an older RB if there are still questions about workload and role. Right now RBs are cheap but it is too risky IMO depending on free agency and the draft. Also, a fantasy team might think they can contend and trade for an RB in the offseason only to realize they are still a couple pieces away from contending. While it is cheap(er) to get an RB right now, no team needs an RB right now. Giving away an asset now for something that has a big question mark is too risky IMO.

One year I had a stacked team and needed RBs, so I traded for Akers and Dobbins - only for them to blow their achillies/ACL in training camp and miss the year. Now I didn't have RBs AND I didn't have future draft picks/assets. What happens if you trade for an RB and that NFL team signs a free agent or drafts a couple in the mid rounds?

I'd feel more comfortable trading right before week 1 if I really needed one. I do agree that mid season RBs will cost more but you take out the risk (outside of injury) as you know what the workload is like, you know how many PPG they are scoring and you can plan accordingly if you are in contention. Then I would be more willing to give up a future asset to make a push.

Just some food for thought. No one needs an RB right now - unless you can somehow get a steal of a deal I wouldn't be buying.

I'd feel more comfortable trading right before week 1 if I really needed one.
that is a different philosophy than mine. if I am trying to get value I won't get it as the season gets closer. You can't blame injuries as a reason not to trade early. Injuries happen and could have just as easily happened to the guys you traded away or other guys on your team. That shouldn't be a huge factor either way because there is no way to predict that.

Obviously waiting as long as you can to get as much information you can will limit the risk. But the other guy is getting that same info and therefore will raise the prices. My entire point is if you trust your evaluation skills now is the time to get value. It's riskier for sure, but it can also be a huge benefit if you evaluate correctly.

I'd feel more comfortable trading right before week 1 if I really needed one.
that is a different philosophy than mine. if I am trying to get value I won't get it as the season gets closer. You can't blame injuries as a reason not to trade early. Injuries happen and could have just as easily happened to the guys you traded away or other guys on your team. That shouldn't be a huge factor either way because there is no way to predict that.

Obviously waiting as long as you can to get as much information you can will limit the risk. But the other guy is getting that same info and therefore will raise the prices. My entire point is if you trust your evaluation skills now is the time to get value. It's riskier for sure, but it can also be a huge benefit if you evaluate correctly.
Some good points here and it is a strategy that could pay off, I just find it very risky, especially if I am giving up decent assets to get an RB. RBs are the least stable (highest risk) asset. Draft picks are gaining value right now and top WRs and TEs aren't usually as impacted by an injury - their careers are also much longer. Moreover there are always RBs that come into play during the season and if you are active and on top of things can usually be had through trades or free agency.

Outside of the top 5-6 dynasty RBs I don't feel comfortable trading for any of them right now - so much can change. Many have new coaches, the draft hasn't happened yet or free agency. The one guy I might be willing to trade for is Jacobs as he is still only 26 and likely has 2 more solid years left and is also a pass catcher.

I do appreciate the discussion though, I just can't give up a good asset for a risky one (right now).

I do appreciate the discussion though, I just can't give up a good asset for a risky one (right now).
That is kind of the point I am trying to make...........right now is the best time to go after an iffy guy because you likely can get him without have to give up a "good asset". I am not advocating for paying market value or high value. I am advocating for taking advantage of the risk profile to get a good deal where you don't have to give up an good asset. If it still takes a good asset to take on that added risk then don't do it. I am not saying you should do it.

Users who are viewing this thread