What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DYNASTY Trade: Take Hopkins in 3 for 1? (1 Viewer)

Tonycarpenter

Footballguy
League is 2 QB 10 team PPR with bonus tiers, high scoring.  26 roster spots 2 IR. 

Start 2 QB, 3WR, 2 RB, 1TE, W/T, W/R, W/R/T, K, DEF, 2 IDP 

MY Team

QB Watson, Wilson, Mayfield. 

WR: Lockett, Woods, Jeffery, DJ Moore, CGodwin, CSutton, KCoutee, MVS, CKirk, DPettis, HkButler, MBoykin, 

RB: Elliott, CHubb, Guice, McKinnon PUP,  R Freeman, RJII, Darwin Thompson. 

TE: Kelce, Engram, Henry, Goedert, IrvSmithJr 

I need to clear up 4 spots for K, DEF IDP and Mckinnon coming off PUP THURS. 

TRADE: 

I get D HOPKINS, GORDON, HOGAN (WRS)  I'll drop the last two. 

I GIVE:  Lockett, DJ Moore, E.Engram.  

Assuming that's Josh Gordon you're getting?  I'm tempted to say yes, run to the accept button because you're upgrading from Moore to Nuk for the cost of your third TE, but damn with those starting rosters you need depth, and losing Lockett hurts more than at first glance.  I'd either see if you could drop Lockett out of the deal and just do 2 for 2, or have him give you back at least something useful besides 2 empty wrappers

Ideally you would keep Moore as jwsbowler mentioned however I do this deal quickly if there is any hesitation on his part over someone other than Moore.  Your team has studs everywhere but WR.  Hopkins gives you that at WR.  I easily accept this trade but if you can keep Moore all the better. 

I accepted the deal. Appreciate everyone's feedback.    Any reasonable owner is going to want a younger stud, like MOORE when they're giving up a freak like HOpkins.  IMO you have to overpay to make it happen otherwise why would an owner make a lateral move?  

I paid a premium for it but I was able to do because I've been hoarding talent and keep doing so. 

I dropped Gordon...added  Kuechly  IDP 300pt player in our system last year.    Dropped HOGAN for NO SAINTS DEF projectd 321pts this season.  The two roster spots this deal created were also vital.     Another factor:  Lockett has been great... this dude is a diehard SEATTLE fan. Wasn't going to be able to remove any players.  I think LOCKETT's TDs might be down this year. Unless seattle ends up passing more with a weakened DEF... they have a suspended player.  I think Metcalf might be targeted in RZ.  Etc.   

Hopkins has a strong 3yr window to produce until age 30.  Maybe more.  Same with R. Woods.  Godwin will continue to improve.  Pettis, Boykin, Butler. will have time to develop. CKirk and Sutton, MVS, Coutee have room to grow.  Jeffery can be traded to Win Now. for 2020 pick or flex me out.      I can still start KELCE, HENRY. Goedert, Irv Smith. 

My Expendable Players become:   McKinnon, FREEMAN, RJ2 SUTTON... MVS, JEFFERY, GOEDERT. I'm looking for these players to have strong starts and trade HIGH. I'm counting on my ability to recognize value early.   Still waiting on GUICE to prove he's healthy and the rest of the guys.  

Part of my Dynasty Strategy is to build around QBs.  WRs and TEs.  Backfill RBs.   Acquire talent worthy of building around. HOARD elite talent hopefully they're in an elite situation.  Once I get my QBs.  (I'll probably acquire Grier after more moves).  I'll look to Build WR stables.  Targeting ELITE caliber players 1-3yrs in league and TOP 10 talent.  HOPKINS is top 10 talent.   WRs tend to last longer and are more consistent and in this league I can start 6 WRs.  I can only start 2 TE and 4 RB.    By hoarding TE Talent I put myself in a position to acquire  a player I might not otherwise get.   I started at the top of the dynasty WR ranking list and made it work. He could get hurt tomorrow but today I'm happy with the trade. 

This is the beginning of the 2nd year in this league. I planned on losing all of last year but was able to trade for Kelce and Elliott early in the season.  

I accepted the deal. Appreciate everyone's feedback.    Any reasonable owner is going to want a younger stud, like MOORE when they're giving up a freak like HOpkins.  IMO you have to overpay to make it happen otherwise why would an owner make a lateral move?  

I paid a premium for it but I was able to do because I've been hoarding talent and keep doing so. 

I dropped Gordon...added  Kuechly  IDP 300pt player in our system last year.    Dropped HOGAN for NO SAINTS DEF projectd 321pts this season.  The two roster spots this deal created were also vital.     Another factor:  Lockett has been great... this dude is a diehard SEATTLE fan. Wasn't going to be able to remove any players.  I think LOCKETT's TDs might be down this year. Unless seattle ends up passing more with a weakened DEF... they have a suspended player.  I think Metcalf might be targeted in RZ.  Etc.   

Hopkins has a strong 3yr window to produce until age 30.  Maybe more.  Same with R. Woods.  Godwin will continue to improve.  Pettis, Boykin, Butler. will have time to develop. CKirk and Sutton, MVS, Coutee have room to grow.  Jeffery can be traded to Win Now. for 2020 pick or flex me out.      I can still start KELCE, HENRY. Goedert, Irv Smith. 

My Expendable Players become:   McKinnon, FREEMAN, RJ2 SUTTON... MVS, JEFFERY, GOEDERT. I'm looking for these players to have strong starts and trade HIGH. I'm counting on my ability to recognize value early.   Still waiting on GUICE to prove he's healthy and the rest of the guys.  
How is he on the waiver wire?  What kind of league is this?  Do the IDP's mean anything?  If not, just get rid of them.

How is he on the waiver wire?  What kind of league is this?  Do the IDP's mean anything?  If not, just get rid of them.
IDP players werent' as relevant last year and have always been readily available.  However, I've increased scoring significantly so they'll definitely matter this year.  A lot of owners had their players carry over and didn't do much about it.  Some are happy with their guys as -is.   Most don't carry more than 2...so top 20.  Yahoo projections might not reflect accurate production outlook.   I think a few of the players get it.  Others don't so they're available. I just want to make sure I get in and get them before the elite players are taken and owners wise up. 

IDP players werent' as relevant last year and have always been readily available.  However, I've increased scoring significantly so they'll definitely matter this year.  A lot of owners had their players carry over and didn't do much about it.  Some are happy with their guys as -is.   Most don't carry more than 2...so top 20.  Yahoo projections might not reflect accurate production outlook.   I think a few of the players get it.  Others don't so they're available. I just want to make sure I get in and get them before the elite players are taken and owners wise up. 
Even with the increased scoring IDP's won't matter much if you only have to start 2.  There will always be startable players on the waiver wire.  You need to increase the number of starters  to close to the same as offensive starters.  Then they will matter.

Users who are viewing this thread