What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty .. traded for McCaffrey. Did I give up too much? (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
Normally I would ask before I made a trade, but if I didn't act fast on this one I felt the other owner may change his mind about dealing McCaffrey.

14 Team - No PPR - Standard Scoring (Start 1 qb, 1rb, 1 wr, 1 te, 2 flex, 1k, 1d)

Gave: DJohnson, Golladay, Kupp

Got: McCaffrey, CGodwin, Hines

My team now for the semifinals (starters in bold);

Mahomes, Watson

McCaffrey, Bell, Freeman, Ware JKelly, Hines

Hopkins, Thielen, KAllen, AJGreen, Godwin, DWestbrook

B, Kittle

Tucker, Lutz

LARams, Denver

I was very uneasy with starting DJohnson and to upgrade to McCaffrey I felt was worth it giving up my #5 and 6 wr in Golladay and Kupp (ACL scares me) even though they are youn.  I love Golladay, but you have to give to get and still having the WR I do I felt it worth the opportunity to try and win it all this year. I still have a young team overall and should contend next year as well.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
You reeceived the best palyer int he trade in CMC.  I think you did very well with this deal.   Arizona is a mess and I really don't see any way they can improve inthe short term...

I like the other side but it's close. This year and long term you got the better playing but I think DJ bounces back and I like Goloday and Kupp.  No PPR

I actually really like Cooper Kupp and Kenny Golloday. Although Kenny G has played much worse as the clear #1 without marvin jones and golden tate, I think he deserves a little bit of a break because of how bad the lions are playing. But CMC may be so good that he compensates for those guys. If you are already strong with receivers, then it's a good trade. If you have bad receivers, then it's a really close call (probably would avoid trade if your receiving core is weak) 

I think you did fine.  Kupp and Golladay are nice pieces but not difference makers.  CMC is much better than DJ now.  You had the WR depth to do this.

Users who are viewing this thread