What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[DYNASTY] Trading for rookie pick 1.01 (1 Viewer)

TheBradyBunch

Footballguy
Any offseason trades in your dynasty leagues to move up to 1.01 in the ROOKIE/FA draft(RBush)?

I'm just curious what the going rate is for the 1st pick via trade? What did you have to give up? I know our current 1.01 drafter needs immediate help at rb. With the Texans already having DD, Bush might not be the immediate help some need..perhaps making him available for cheaper than expected?

Two teams in one of my leagues made the following trade at the beginning of February:

Perry, Chris

Edwards, Braylon

Johnson, Andre

Heap, Todd

Year 2006 Round 1 Draft Pick

for

Moore, Mewelde

Portis, Clinton

Holt, Torry

Shockey, Jeremy

Lots of threads on this topic.

Bottom line is that it's going to cost a lot, likely a top 3-6 RB (Portis, Caddy, SJ, etc) + a little something extra. And if the 1.1 owner is in love with Bush it is close to impossible to get that pick.

I made my trade back on 1/28/06 and here's the deal: (Zealot league)

I gave:

Barber, Tiki NYG RB

Bennett, Drew TEN WR

Year 2006 Round 4 Draft Pick from Oakland Raiders

Year 2006 Round 5 Draft Pick from Cleveland Browns

I aquired:

Smith, Antowain NOS RB

Rolle, Antrel ARI CB

Year 2006 Round 1.01

Year 2006 Round 1.11

Already have Larry Johnson and Deuce, so I figured I could take a chance. I hated to give up Tiki but couldn't resist nabbing Bush.

I think most people have Bush going in the first round of an initial dynasty draft (if it includes rookies). At the minimum you're going to have to give up mid-late first round value to move up to that spot.

I gave:

Barber, Tiki NYG RB

Bennett, Drew TEN WR

I aquired:

Smith, Antowain NOS RB

Rolle, Antrel ARI CB

Year 2006 Round 1.01

Year 2006 Round 1.11

Already have Larry Johnson and Deuce, so I figured I could take a chance. I hated to give up Tiki but couldn't resist nabbing Bush.
That's one of the best deals I've seen as far as moving to acquire that pick. The fact that you got the 1.11 thrown in is almost shocking.

I gave:

Barber, Tiki NYG RB

Bennett, Drew TEN WR

I aquired:

Smith, Antowain NOS RB

Rolle, Antrel ARI CB

Year 2006 Round 1.01

Year 2006 Round 1.11

Ugh. The guy took a 31 year old RB (even one as good as Tiki has been) in exchange? :loco:

It is going to cost you a ton. Everyone is worshipping Bush and his value cant get any higher. If he ends up putting up the Marshall faulk type numbers everyone is expecting, it will be a great trade no matter what you give up..... be careful not to put all your eggs in one basket though.....

Any offseason trades in your dynasty leagues to move up to 1.01 in the ROOKIE/FA draft(RBush)?

I'm just curious what the going rate is for the 1st pick via trade? What did you have to give up? I know our current 1.01 drafter needs immediate help at rb. With the Texans already having DD, Bush might not be the immediate help some need..perhaps making him available for cheaper than expected?
Earlier in the year around Jan/Feb, I traded Frank Gore, Kevin Jones, and Roy Williams to get back the 1.1 pick and Lee Evans.

I gave:

Barber, Tiki NYG RB

Bennett, Drew TEN WR

I aquired:

Smith, Antowain NOS RB

Rolle, Antrel ARI CB

Year 2006 Round 1.01

Year 2006 Round 1.11

Ugh. The guy took a 31 year old RB (even one as good as Tiki has been) in exchange? :loco:
Horrible trade for the the team getting Tiki. It makes no sense to trade the 1.01 pick until after the draft and see where DeAngelo Williams goes. In the right offense he's a better value this year than Bush and long-term much better than Tiki.

While it's not the 1.01, I did trade away my 1.03 pick in a 16 team Hybrid dynasty with IDP (auction).

The accepted deal was my 1.03 for 1.05, 1.10 and 2007 3.xx pick

he had 1.05, 1.07, 1.10 & 1.11 rookie picks

I gave:

Barber, Tiki NYG RB

Bennett, Drew TEN WR

I aquired:

Smith, Antowain NOS RB

Rolle, Antrel ARI CB

Year 2006 Round 1.01

Year 2006 Round 1.11

Already have Larry Johnson and Deuce, so I figured I could take a chance.  I hated to give up Tiki but couldn't resist nabbing Bush.
Horrible trade for the the team getting Tiki.
I agree, but I'm in this league and share a division with the guy who gave up 1.01, so I'm pleased with the result even though it really is mind-numbingly bad. :thumbup:

i traded away pick 1.01 in my upcoming rookie draft.

i sent 1.01, 1.05 and josh mccown.

i received edgerrin james, drew brees and pick 1.07.

i'm not nearly as high on bush as most and i was looking to shore up two positions (RB and QB). so i think this was a bargain deal for the other guy, but i like the guys he was offering.

The guy is for real. He is something special on the field and I have tried to trade up in many leagues to get him. His size does concern me but he is one of those players that rarely come around and I'll take a risk on a guy like that... it also doesn't hurt that I have Dom Davis on most of my rosters.

I gave:

Barber, Tiki NYG RB

Bennett, Drew TEN WR

I aquired:

Smith, Antowain NOS RB

Rolle, Antrel ARI CB

Year 2006 Round 1.01

Year 2006 Round 1.11

Take a chance? I dont call what you did in that trade a "chance", i call it "anal abusing"Also, i am sure you realy hated giving up Tiki for Bush, that must have been devastating for you, how are you sleeping nights? ;)

A couple of days ago, I gave up Julius Jones, Drew Brees and a mid-round redraft pick for rookie 1.01 (Bush) and a late-round redraft pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
:confused: How come I can't get into leagues like this? No way would I make that deal if I had the 1.1 pick, NEVER! He gets a RB who's battling for playing time, and a QB who MAYBE will be 100% again?

:confused: How come I can't get into leagues like this? No way would I make that deal if I had the 1.1 pick, NEVER! He gets a RB who's battling for playing time, and a QB who MAYBE will be 100% again?
ALL of the guys in my league were bashing me, saying that I payed way too much for Bush, some of them even comparing the trade to Mike Ditka trading all of his draft picks for Ricky Williams... :shrug: But, as you said, I really like this trade - especially since Brees was my backup quarterback... :pickle:

ALL of the guys in my league were bashing me, saying that I payed way too much for Bush, some of them even comparing the trade to Mike Ditka trading all of his draft picks for Ricky Williams... :shrug: But, as you said, I really like this trade - especially since Brees was my backup quarterback... :pickle:
Is this a money league? If so you must be rich by now.

:confused: How come I can't get into leagues like this?  No way would I make that deal if I had the 1.1 pick, NEVER!  He gets a RB who's battling for playing time, and a QB who MAYBE will be 100% again?
Let me know if there's ever an opening in that league. Seriously. The fact that no one in the league thinks it's a steal for you--but instead that YOU got taken--leads me to believe they are either (1) insane, (2) 3rd graders, or (3) drunk. Actually, I take that back, I know 3rd graders who would recognize that as a good deal for you.

Let me know if there's ever an opening in that league. Seriously. The fact that no one in the league thinks it's a steal for you--but instead that YOU got taken--leads me to believe they are either (1) insane, (2) 3rd graders, or (3) drunk. Actually, I take that back, I know 3rd graders who would recognize that as a good deal for you.
I think it's probably a combination of the 3.

Is this a money league? If so you must be rich by now.
No, it isn't a money league. I meant "payed way too much" in the sense of giving up too much. The other owners argued that I gave up "two proven commodities" for an "overhyped, unproven rookie". One of them even stated that LenDale "I need a bra" :X White will turn out to be a better pro than Bush... :eek: :lmao:

Well it wasn't the 1.01 but here was a recent trade in our league:

2006 1.02 pick

RB Ronnie Brown

for

2006 1.06 pick

RB Shaun Alexander

I have the 1.01 pick...that I aquired during last year's draft but I have not gotten any offers for it yet (we are usually pretty quiet during the offseason).

I turned down giving up 1.01 and in return I would have received:

Brian Westbrook

Aaron Brooks or Jake Plummer

Chris Cooley

In my 10 team dynasty league today:

#1, #14 rookie picks

for

Portis, Holt, $400

~~~

Portis and Holt both have 1 year contracts. (we can assign up to 5) Players with 1 year contracts haven't been going for a lot.

Each team gets $500 to bid on free agents during the year and Restricted free agents in March. Money rolls over every year.

For perspective, the highest priced RFA this year was Lamont Jordan, $600. That was higher than expected... next year Portis, LT, L.Johnson, Alexander, Edge, R.Moss, Holt, and Owens are all going to be RFAs. Should be fun. :)

Thought I'd bump and show a trade that just went through:

Willis McGahee

Shaud Williams

Jerry Porter

Nate Burleson

Michael Vick

Matt Shaub

2007 1st round pick

for

1.01 (Reggie Bush)

Darrell Jackson

Big Ben

Too much to give up?

Willis McGahee

Shaud Williams

Jerry Porter

Nate Burleson

Michael Vick

Matt Shaub

2007 1st round pick

for

1.01 (Reggie Bush)

Darrell Jackson

Big Ben

Too much to give up?
DJax makes it fair since he's an improvement over the WR's, but it's a lot and Bush had better live up to expectations.

Willis McGahee

Shaud Williams

Jerry Porter

Nate Burleson

Michael Vick

Matt Shaub

2007 1st round pick

for

1.01 (Reggie Bush)

Darrell Jackson

Big Ben

Too much to give up?
DJax makes it fair since he's an improvement over the WR's, but it's a lot and Bush had better live up to expectations.
Note, other than Willis McGahee, all of those other players would have been backups (and mostly 3rd/4th string). DJax is starter worthy and obviously (hopefully) Bush is as well.

Users who are viewing this thread