What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagles go down to the Ravens! (1 Viewer)

jwvdcw

Footballguy
The Eagles are obviously favored, but I'm not scared.Heres the deal, you overrated bums.....Whoever wants in the bet, post in here before Friday 4pm est. Around that time, we will unveil our sigs that the losers must keep in their profile. They must keep them in their profile until the other team loses again. So for example, if the Ravens win vs the Eagles, then all of the Eagles fans will have to keep the sig in their profile until the Ravens lose another game. And vise versa.As many people who want in may participate. Ravens fans...join me if you wish. For all of the Eagles fans, you guys must somehow come to an agreement on the sig. For the Ravens fans, I'll handle it since I'm the one doing the challenge. Most of these are self explanatory, but a few rules about the sig: Keep it at a moderate length(lets say under 400 words- that should be easily more than enough), no offensive language, and no personal attacks- You may make it anything you want about football or fantasy football. And you can even make it somewhat personal as long as you're not too meanspirited...for example, I have no problem with someone making me say, "I obviously have no clue about football." However, lets not bring up personal issues or anything like that....basically, just nothing that would get the mods mad or that would cause us to actually cause dissension...Really, we shouldn't have a problem with this at all. I just wanted to cover it just in case.Oh and just to add...yes I do consider making fun of R Lewis' murder charge to be personal and not football-related. Sorry if you all consider that unfair, but I don't think thats appropriate to joke around about.GL to you all...Look forward to seeing you choke in another NFC Championship game this year.Edit: full list of those who are in is on page 3 of this thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with this one.I believe the Ravens will beat the Eagles.I looked at the schedule last night and said to myself, Eagles will losenext week!

While the Ravens do present a challenge, I have no doubt the Eagles will indeed get to 7-0! I have never shied away from good Eagles smack-talk, so I'll step forward and accept the sig bet.

While the Ravens do present a challenge, I have no doubt the Eagles will indeed get to 7-0! I have never shied away from good Eagles smack-talk, so I'll step forward and accept the sig bet.
Unless Kyle Boller suddenly grabs his cojones and launches a few pinpoint deep bombs downfield early on, the Birds will roll to a 7th victory. It won't be close barring Westbrook being out for the game.

I'm in. I think Ravens fans have to have a sig saying "The Ravens got it up the butt from the Eagles, AND SO DID I"though i'm not sure if that's allowed.Eagles will win. though i'm not sure they'll cover the 7.5 points though. And i hope everyone doesn't give this stupid talk about Ray Lewis going out to put a hurtin on TO. If Ray Lewis is hunting for TO all game it'll just make things that much easier for the Eagles. TO can run around in one small area and open up the rest of the field for Westbrook and the other recievers.

Unless Kyle Boller suddenly grabs his cojones and launches a few pinpoint deep bombs downfield early on, the Birds will roll to a 7th victory. It won't be close barring Westbrook being out for the game.
As a new Westbrook owner, I look forward to your inside info on his condition as the week progresses. Hope he plays.Gee, sure sucks having a team suck as bad as the Raiders. I'd love to get in on one of these sig bets. Ah well, maybe next year, after the Raiders get a top 5 draft choice again this year. :bag:

It's too bad this game is being played this week, because a Ravens team at full strength would present significant match-up problems for the Eagles.But without Jamal and - more important - Jon Ogden, there's no chance. Also, Todd Heap will be a gimp at best and out at worst.Let us not forget - in Week One when Ogden was out, the Ravens managed 3 points vs. Cleveland while Kenard Lang abused JO's replacement Ethan Brooks (a graduate of Football Powerhouse Williams College) to the tune of 3 sacks, a forced fumble, and AFC Defensive Player of the Week honors.If Kenard Lang can do that to Brooks, I shudder to think what Kearse will do. Sad thing is, Ogden totally owns Kearse to the point that Tennessee didn't even line him up against Ogden, but rather flip-flopped him to the other side of the field.

If Ogden plays...Eagles 31-Ravens 17If Ogden is injured...Eagles 34-Ravens 7

Last edited by a moderator:
If Ogden plays...Eagles 31-Ravens 17If Ogden is injured...Eagles 34-Ravens 7
Now that's just silly talk.Lost in the hoopla over Deion's 2 INTs yesterday is an appreciation for what his outstanding play is enabling the Ravens to do schematically, which is play very aggressive coverages in the secondary and blitz like crazy, especially with the DBs.Vs. Pittsburgh, before Deion was hurt right before halftime, the Ravens totally shut down Pittsburgh and knocked Maddox out with a CB blitz.Deion returned vs. Washington, and again made possible blitzes by Ed Reed, including the game-changing play where he sacked Brunell and recovered a fumble for a TD.Yesterday, in his second game back, the Ravens had 4 INTs and 4 sacks. In the two games since Deion returned, the Ravens have given up 16 points, and 13 of them have come off turnovers that put the opponent inside the Baltimore 20.As I said in my post above, Kearse will have a field day without Ogden and Jamal to threaten him, but the Ravens D matches up well with the Philly offense, and I think the Eagles will struggle to score 20 points.

Barring Westbrook being out for the game, Eagles will roll to win #7. The Ravens victory was due in large part to Bledsoe's ineptitude - don't expect McNabb to have the same trouble. The Eagles defense is on par with the Ravens but the offenses are not even comparable. Add this to the fact that the game is in Philly, the Ravens don't have a chance.

If Ogden plays...

Eagles 31-Ravens 17

If Ogden is injured...

Eagles 34-Ravens 7
Now that's just silly talk.Lost in the hoopla over Deion's 2 INTs yesterday is an appreciation for what his outstanding play is enabling the Ravens to do schematically, which is play very aggressive coverages in the secondary and blitz like crazy, especially with the DBs.

Vs. Pittsburgh, before Deion was hurt right before halftime, the Ravens totally shut down Pittsburgh and knocked Maddox out with a CB blitz.

Deion returned vs. Washington, and again made possible blitzes by Ed Reed, including the game-changing play where he sacked Brunell and recovered a fumble for a TD.

Yesterday, in his second game back, the Ravens had 4 INTs and 4 sacks. In the two games since Deion returned, the Ravens have given up 16 points, and 13 of them have come off turnovers that put the opponent inside the Baltimore 20.

As I said in my post above, Kearse will have a field day without Ogden and Jamal to threaten him, but the Ravens D matches up well with the Philly offense, and I think the Eagles will struggle to score 20 points.
You've brought up a few thought provoking points and I now agree that I WAS mistakenIf Ogden plays...

Eagles 3134-Ravens 17

If Ogden is injured...

Eagles 3438-Ravens 73

:rotflmao:

I'm in for the Eagles. The ravens will need to make a move this week to pick up an offense to be even close.

I have a question for Eagles fans: Now that Owens is going nuts every Sunday for your team do you detest him as much as you must have before? I ask because when he was traded to the Ravens I couldn't imagine ever rooting for him even though I am a Ravens' fan. Honestly, is there a less likable person on the planet?In regards to the sig bet, I'm in.

I have a question for Eagles fans: Now that Owens is going nuts every Sunday for your team do you detest him as much as you must have before? I ask because when he was traded to the Ravens I couldn't imagine ever rooting for him even though I am a Ravens' fan. Honestly, is there a less likable person on the planet?In regards to the sig bet, I'm in.
So do you find it hard to root for Lewis and Lewis? Or maybe Deion Sanders? He sure celebrates a lot. Boy do I hate people who like what they do.

Bitter much?

I'm not participating, but my hats off to jwvdcw for having the stones to put his sig on the line as a pretty big underdog! That's the hometeam spirit we like to see!

The Eagles defense is on par with the Ravens but the offenses are not even comparable.
The Eagles have one of the worst run defenses in the league. The fact that they've jumped out to big leads in every game has taken away the run from the other team's arsenal, and thats the only reason that they aren't ranked close to last in rush defense...they are very poor.

Bitter much?
I don't think he came across as bitter at all? He was honestly asking a question imo. He even admitted that while the Ravens had him, he still didn't like him.

I jump out of my chair and cheer every time he crosses the goal line :P As for the excessive celebrating...well, at least he's not missing games due to Federal drug charges or plea bargaining down to "obstruction of justice" to stay out of jail. :ph34r:

give me the eagles, come on kyle boller and no jamal vs. Eagles, be surprised if they get over 150 passing, EAgles are licking there chops for boller, raven have a nice def. but thats it, they have that dope for a coach who still dont realize what to do for a QB, kordell could run the offense better now

I am also in for the Eagles, although it seems like a small amount of risk for a rather large return. You will have fifty people running around with the sig of your choice should the Ravens pull the upset, but only one person (namely, you) having to "wear" the sig should they lose. A good bet on your part, but as an Eagles faithful I feel somewhat obligated to defend our honor and participate, despite the lopsidedness of this sig bet....

Jason Wood, please pick up the white courstesy phone. :popcorn:
No problem...I accept. Although I feel almost as bad about this as I did fleecing Capella out of a c-note. :)
:rotflmao: season isn't over yet. have you been paying attention to the nfc south?

I am also in for the Eagles, although it seems like a small amount of risk for a rather large return. You will have fifty people running around with the sig of your choice should the Ravens pull the upset, but only one person (namely, you) having to "wear" the sig should they lose. A good bet on your part, but as an Eagles faithful I feel somewhat obligated to defend our honor and participate, despite the lopsidedness of this sig bet....
Well I opened this challenge to all comers(both Eagles and Ravens fans). How was I to know that more Eagles fans would take it?

With Chester Taylor and Dorsey Levens (likely) as starting RBs and McNabb + Boller throwing more bounce passes than Jason Kidd I like the under in this game. By the way what is the O/U???

You've brought up a few thought provoking points and I now agree that I WAS mistaken

If Ogden plays...

Eagles 3134-Ravens 17

If Ogden is injured...

Eagles 3438-Ravens 73

:rotflmao:
I'll pass on the original sig bet, as I'm alittle leary about going on the road w/o 2 offensive Pro Bowlers and the Leagues OPY......I WILL accept alittle action w/Mr Wood regarding the points generated by the Eagle's in this game

34-38 points just isn't going to happen Jason :no:

sack up, cowboy

C'mon.....is this for real?I respect the fact that BAL fans are behind their team, but this is a game that the Ravens just can't win.....Eagles got the wake-up call they needed on the road last week at Cleveland and will clamp down significantly on defense....not that they'll need it against Boller with no Lewis, Heap or Ogden.......BAL's defense is the best in the league. But because their offense is inept, the Eagles will dominate time of possession and score enough points by accident to win the game.I am already looking ahead to PITT next week......sorry!EAGLES 26RAVENS 9

C'mon.....is this for real?I respect the fact that BAL fans are behind their team, but this is a game that the Ravens just can't win.....Eagles got the wake-up call they needed on the road last week at Cleveland and will clamp down significantly on defense....not that they'll need it against Boller with no Lewis, Heap or Ogden.......BAL's defense is the best in the league. But because their offense is inept, the Eagles will dominate time of possession and score enough points by accident to win the game.I am already looking ahead to PITT next week......sorry!EAGLES 26RAVENS 9
So does that mean you're in?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: An eagles fan calling the bet unfair cause jwvdcw is the only one participating. Did you happen to notice that the Eagles are favoured by more then a TD, yet he is willing to put his sig on the line for a straight up bet.If anything, jwvdcw is the one getting hosed here!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: An eagles fan calling the bet unfair cause jwvdcw is the only one participating. Did you happen to notice that the Eagles are favoured by more then a TD, yet he is willing to put his sig on the line for a straight up bet.If anything, jwvdcw is the one getting hosed here!
bump to keep this thread alive......Hey, I said I was in on the bet. However, it would be a little more fun if there was equal participation on both sides. I am just calling it like I see it, a good risk/reward ratio for jwvdcw. BTW, with Westbrook probably out, where are all you Ravens fans? The game is looking to be a bit closer than originally anticipated. Now it comes down to the Eagles passing game vs. the Ravens defense. I highly doubt the Ravens offense will score a ton of points, but a defensive struggle gives a slight edge to the Ravens. The game should at least be interesting. When are we going to hear what the actual "sigs" will be?

Users who are viewing this thread