What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Eagles vs Saints - Divisional Round - GG: GL Saints, Hope you Win it all! (2 Viewers)

Saints' players copying the ski mask thing, I believe, is a fair-game mocking of some Eagles' players taking the Superdome field in ski masks back in November. I've seen pictures ... let me see what I can dig up.

EDIT: I had it wrong -- the pic I saw was of Malcolm Jenkins wearing a ski mask at Jerry World in December. See links two posts down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did Alvin Kamara, Mark Ingram wear ski-masks after Eagles win? To call out 'copycats' (New Orleans Advocate 1/13/2019)

Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara made sure to remind the world on Sunday night of yet another trend the New Orleans Saints originated.

Photos and video quickly spread on the internet of the dynamic running back duo clad in ski-masks and hoodies answering questions from the media after their NFC divisional playoff win against the Philadelphia Eagles.

But why did they do it? Ingram and Kamara said it was to call out the "copycats" of the NFL. 

"We've been on the ski mask tip," Ingram said to ESPN reporter Dianna Russini. "Mike T(homas) ran out with the ski-mask when we played the Eagles. He ran out the tunnel with the ski-mask on, and them boys got the ski-mask on next week."

Kamara chimed in after Ingram's explanation, telling Russini "it's a copycat league."

Thomas and the Saints may have originated the ski-mask trend in the league, but Ingram may be a little off with his dates on when it first occurred.

While documentation of Thomas wearing the mask before the Eagles game can't be found on our end, there is photographic evidence of Thomas wearing one during player introductions against the Washington Redskins on Oct. 8 -- a full month before the Saints hosted the Eagles in the Superdome.

New Orleans Saints claim ski masks, call out fraudulent Eagles (nbcsports.com/philadelphia 12/24/2018)

Apparently, it’s Ski Mask SZN in more than one city.

Popularized by the University of Miami’s “Turnover Chain,” defenses throughout the nation have been using objects to rally around turnovers or big plays. The Eagles are no different with their ski masks. Malcolm Jenkins was seen wearing a ski mask on the sideline in the Week 14 loss to the Dallas Cowboys, but it took another week for the public to catch on and the Eagles players to show off the ski mask more prominently.

… but wait, the Eagles weren’t the first team in the NFL to use a ski mask and the Saints want everyone to know it. 

After their win against the Steelers, the dynamic running back duo of Alvin Kamara and Mark Ingram wanted to let everyone know that there are some ski mask frauds out there, probably the Eagles.

Is it true? Were the Saints first? It looks like it.

All you have to know about the Eagles and Cowboys is that the two teams finished exactly the same. Two wins away from the Super Bowl.  Eagles fans consider it a disappointing season.  Dallas fans are ecstatic because they finally won a playoff game and they think this is just the tip of the iceberg.  Again, the finished exactly the same.  
Exactly, and remember all the trash talk on their end a couple months ago.....such a joke.  :lmao:

on main page of https://bleacherreport.com/

i do like it though. Team doesn't have it's own personality, just trying to be the Eagles constantly. will spank the #### of them next year if they can make it to the playoffs again

ETA: funny they copy the ski masks too. maybe one day they can think of something on their own. i guess when a fanbase walks around with horrendous grammar of "Who Dat?", this is what you get
You were saying?  Who copied who?

Thomas runs out of the tunnel with one on and that somehow equates to the Eagles using it as a theme for getting turnovers? 

I guess them playing our them song after the game was theirs first too. Maybe Kamara bought it on iTunes before anyone on our team did. 

Youre either trolling or can’t comprehend what you linked. Pick a side of the sword. It’s a strange infatuation the Saints players have with the Eagles and makes no sense at all. I have never seen another team so far in another team’s head before. 

The Inquirer printing the New Orleans Times-Picayune's cover page and taking umbrage (see gianmarco's link ... that's pretty thin-skinned from the Inquirer's editorial staff. Celebratory newspaper front pages are as old as the medium.

As for the locker room dance party, playing Meek Mill, etc. ... yeah, young guys coming off an emotional comeback win are going to put decorum and class on the back burner for a spell while they party down. No fan would ever begrudge their own team for doing exactly the same thing.

The Inquirer printing the New Orleans Times-Picayune's cover page and taking umbrage (see gianmarco's link ... that's pretty thin-skinned from the Inquirer's editorial staff. Celebratory newspaper front pages are as old as the medium.

As for the locker room dance party, playing Meek Mill, etc. ... yeah, young guys coming off an emotional comeback win are going to put decorum and class on the back burner for a spell while they party down. No fan would ever begrudge their own team for doing exactly the same thing.
I guess. We won last year and I don’t recall ever seeing us mock the other team. It’s literally been a year. A full calendar year with Kamara. 

To the victor goes the spoils. It’s just very strange to me. 

*ETA*

I guess to some extent we did with the Patriots after the SB by saying they didn’t have fun. We mainly mocked our own media more than anything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting point brought up on Saintsreport:

I’d love to see a stat about teams that HAVE to be hot going in - the ones who have to treat all of December as playoff football 
My guess is most just run out of gas.
In other words, for playoff success is it better to (a) start of the regular season hot and sew up a playoff spot/division title early, or (b) stumble out of the gate but win 5 of 6 down the stretch to sneak into the playoffs?

Thomas runs out of the tunnel with one on and that somehow equates to the Eagles using it as a theme for getting turnovers? 

I guess them playing our them song after the game was theirs first too. Maybe Kamara bought it on iTunes before anyone on our team did. 

Youre either trolling or can’t comprehend what you linked. Pick a side of the sword. It’s a strange infatuation the Saints players have with the Eagles and makes no sense at all. I have never seen another team so far in another team’s head before. 
I have. That team beat the team whose head they were in. 

Eli Apple had a nice little game, as it ended up. Saints D held Eagles passing game to less than 90 yards in quarters 2-4 combined.

Whatever Apple was in New York, that's ancient history.
Saints defense dialed it up rest of the game. I thought we had a chance to get to 30 the way it was going. That Foles INT was the turning point. He throws that deeper and it's either a TD or incomplete. Pick woke the Saints up.

Eli Apple had a nice little game, as it ended up. Saints D held Eagles passing game to less than 90 yards in quarters 2-4 combined.

Whatever Apple was in New York, that's ancient history.
Enjoy the last win of the season. Rams are going to blow out the Aints

The South is hell. What kind of voodoo bs do they perform at that God forsaken stadium? They must have had dolls for every Eagles player. We had every chance to beat a subpar Saints team; fumble recovery, pass to Tate, Ertz, or even Agholor, unlucky drop by Jeffrey. Poor play calling on both sides of the ball and untimely injuries did us in, not the Saints. Can’t wait till the Rams annihilate them next week. Hoping Big Red gets his ring. 
Subpar team?   :lmao:   You salty as hell.  There's a reason the Saints were the #1 seed and your team barely made the playoffs.  You were beat and weren't the better team.  Period.  Whining and crying and making excuses isn't going to change that.  Be happy with the title won last year.  You never know if your team will ever make it back in your lifetime.  

Subpar team?   :lmao:   You salty as hell.  There's a reason the Saints were the #1 seed and your team barely made the playoffs.  You were beat and weren't the better team.  Period.  Whining and crying and making excuses isn't going to change that.  Be happy with the title won last year.  You never know if your team will ever make it back in your lifetime.  
Menu>account> ignored users>’Tejas’> check all 5 boxes> click add user 

You’re welcome 👍

Famous last words. 
For example ... Malcolm Jenkins is a much better player for the Eagles than he was for the Saints. Jenkins has attributed the time when the Saints declined to bring him back after the 2013 season as a career-enhancing wake-up call, making him realize the level of professionalism and preparation he would have to maintain to remain a pro.

Users who are viewing this thread