What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Early Fav for the Dolphins Draft Pick? (1 Viewer)

My pick is Chris Long - He can play a few positions and he can probably play both 3-4 and 4-3 if they want to mix it up - There's also no question to his character and I think the risk of him being a Bust might be the least of all these top 5 picks mentioned.....
I've asked this before - is he worth/will Parcells spend the #1 overall on him when Jake Long and Dorsey are on the board?If yes, why?
Is anyone Worth it?I guess the 1st question will be what defense Miami will run and that may knock Dorsey down if it's a 3-4..... Chris Long is more versitile IMO.I'll also point to Parcells passing on Orlando Pace..And Finally I point to Value Drafting.... I think this draft has OT talent in the 2nd round that isn't that far off from Jake Long while I don't think you get near a Chris Long in round 2.

My pick is Chris Long - He can play a few positions and he can probably play both 3-4 and 4-3 if they want to mix it up - There's also no question to his character and I think the risk of him being a Bust might be the least of all these top 5 picks mentioned.....
I've asked this before - is he worth/will Parcells spend the #1 overall on him when Jake Long and Dorsey are on the board?If yes, why?
Is anyone Worth it?I guess the 1st question will be what defense Miami will run and that may knock Dorsey down if it's a 3-4..... Chris Long is more versitile IMO.I'll also point to Parcells passing on Orlando Pace..And Finally I point to Value Drafting.... I think this draft has OT talent in the 2nd round that isn't that far off from Jake Long while I don't think you get near a Chris Long in round 2.
Thanks for the response.Immediately after I typed this, I thought about a fantasy draft. Not for VBD, but a "what if I am convinced AD is the #1 FF back this up coming year but I have the #1 pick. Do I automatically select LT just because?" For me, it is a wash between Dorsey and Chris long, and I prefer Long.My question is this - can the 'phins get away with drafting Dorsey at #1 overall and trading him to the #4 drafter for the rights to Long. The key would be finding the team that covets specific player (be that McFadden or Dorsey) and then waiting to see if they end up with the option to pick Long at their selection, and then pulling the trigger on the trade. That would be the optimal use of the #1 overall, IMO - take the coveted player you don't want, trade down for the player you do want and get a pick or two - even if it is only an additional #3.I prefer that strategy to Parcells "reaching down" to take C.Long over Dorsey. But, like I said above, if Parcells takes any player at #1 and keeps him, that player is, ipso facto, worth the #1 overall. In Parcells I trust.

Thanks for the response.Immediately after I typed this, I thought about a fantasy draft. Not for VBD, but a "what if I am convinced AD is the #1 FF back this up coming year but I have the #1 pick. Do I automatically select LT just because?" For me, it is a wash between Dorsey and Chris long, and I prefer Long.My question is this - can the 'phins get away with drafting Dorsey at #1 overall and trading him to the #4 drafter for the rights to Long. The key would be finding the team that covets specific player (be that McFadden or Dorsey) and then waiting to see if they end up with the option to pick Long at their selection, and then pulling the trigger on the trade. That would be the optimal use of the #1 overall, IMO - take the coveted player you don't want, trade down for the player you do want and get a pick or two - even if it is only an additional #3.I prefer that strategy to Parcells "reaching down" to take C.Long over Dorsey. But, like I said above, if Parcells takes any player at #1 and keeps him, that player is, ipso facto, worth the #1 overall. In Parcells I trust.
yes, I trust Bill. I am a big believer the game is one in the trenches and then you get your skilled guys. If a solid LT is available in Long then that works for me and would be my favorite choice. In fact, if I were the Dolphins, unless there was a huge value difference, I would be grabbing nothing but lineman (with a possible LB mixed in). I do find it interesting that nobody is mentioning QB. Are we assuming that Beck might have some game or is it that nobody is worth the 1st pick? I would not close the book on beck yet as it is premature to say he stinks. May take is that you sure up the lines and then go get your QB next year or scour the free agents etc...This way you know better whether Beck has anything, but you put whatever QB that you have behind something that gives you a chance.BTW, Levin, you mentioned Ronnie Brown running much better to his right...do you have stats on that (also did all Dolphin RB's run better to their right?

yes, I trust Bill. I am a big believer the game is one in the trenches and then you get your skilled guys. If a solid LT is available in Long then that works for me and would be my favorite choice. In fact, if I were the Dolphins, unless there was a huge value difference, I would be grabbing nothing but lineman (with a possible LB mixed in). I do find it interesting that nobody is mentioning QB. Are we assuming that Beck might have some game or is it that nobody is worth the 1st pick? I would not close the book on beck yet as it is premature to say he stinks. May take is that you sure up the lines and then go get your QB next year or scour the free agents etc...This way you know better whether Beck has anything, but you put whatever QB that you have behind something that gives you a chance.BTW, Levin, you mentioned Ronnie Brown running much better to his right...do you have stats on that (also did all Dolphin RB's run better to their right?
No stats on hand - just recall the previous two years of breaking down games. I saw him run his best b-ween the RG and RT and 2nd best off RT - Ricky, OTOH, has always run best at the LT/LG/C holes and then a cut.To be honest, that may have changed this year as I didn't examine '07 Dolphin games - I simply couldn't watch them more than once.Re: a QB. 1) I don't think any are worth a top-10, let alone a top-1, pick (though one will ultimately be selected in the top-10, I'm sure). 2) Parcells leans heavily towards veterans in the early parts of his rebuilding process and has an innate distrust of young'uns, so I do not believe the team will addresds the QB spot in this draft. I think they will keep these two guy and sign a long in the tooth veteran with a ton of experience who makes good decisions. I keep thinking about Steve Mcnair here, for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Ryan's name get called, either.

I gotta think they are at lest gonna look at the QB prospects. Beck didn't look THAT good, did he?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Ryan's name get called, either.I gotta think they are at lest gonna look at the QB prospects. Beck didn't look THAT good, did he?
I think Matt Ryan (or some other talented QB) will be there with the 33rd overall pick.

Re: a QB. 1) I don't think any are worth a top-10, let alone a top-1, pick (though one will ultimately be selected in the top-10, I'm sure). 2) Parcells leans heavily towards veterans in the early parts of his rebuilding process and has an innate distrust of young'uns, so I do not believe the team will addresds the QB spot in this draft. I think they will keep these two guy and sign a long in the tooth veteran with a ton of experience who makes good decisions. I keep thinking about Steve Mcnair here, for some reason.
Reading this made me wonder if Parcells' modus operandi may change, as his job has changed. Will he be a bit more patient, now that he's not the HC? Would he be more willing to wait on a young QB? I'm kind of thinking that his new position may be a bit more long term, while it seemed his last few coaching positions had an expiration date.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Ryan's name get called, either.I gotta think they are at lest gonna look at the QB prospects. Beck didn't look THAT good, did he?
I think Matt Ryan (or some other talented QB) will be there with the 33rd overall pick.
In that case, they may as well stay with Beck, unless you think Brohm or Woodson, will be there. Which they may well be, I dunno.

In that case, they may as well stay with Beck, unless you think Brohm or Woodson, will be there. Which they may well be, I dunno.
I don't know - too early in the process.I think there are more than a few potentially serviceable QBs in this draft, and none that are elite. But, as happens every year, the combine and hype machine will get rolling in late Feb/early March and some or two QBs will shoot up the charts - there will be two or three selected in the first round, thereby depressing the value of the remaining QBs and leaving good value at the spot for day two (being 3rd round and down).As for the #1 overall, it would be great if an Alex Smith emerged and someone wanted to trade into the 'phins #1 spot for a shot at him.

No stats on hand - just recall the previous two years of breaking down games. I saw him run his best b-ween the RG and RT and 2nd best off RT - Ricky, OTOH, has always run best at the LT/LG/C holes and then a cut.To be honest, that may have changed this year as I didn't examine '07 Dolphin games - I simply couldn't watch them more than once.Re: a QB. 1) I don't think any are worth a top-10, let alone a top-1, pick (though one will ultimately be selected in the top-10, I'm sure). 2) Parcells leans heavily towards veterans in the early parts of his rebuilding process and has an innate distrust of young'uns, so I do not believe the team will addresds the QB spot in this draft. I think they will keep these two guy and sign a long in the tooth veteran with a ton of experience who makes good decisions. I keep thinking about Steve Mcnair here, for some reason.
I asked about Ronnie Brown because he is a lefty and seemed more comfortable to me running left (his best run against KC was that run), but overall, I hadn't seen a big difference. Sometimes the stats surprise our eyes.You are correct about Parcells distrust in young guys, although he has softened a little. I just don't see much out there from a QB standpoint. Signing McNair would be as bad as Trent Green if you ask me. I was posting in a forum with Jason Cole who used to work for the Miami Herald and now Yahoo Sports (he is a real good guy) and I wanted them to dump Zach and not resign him the last contract and I got lambasted for it. Now the value is almost all gone, but Parcells needs to clean house and not worry about hurt feelings.

No, in fact he didn't look good, but he didn't have much to work with either. The ball does come out of his hands pretty well and he has some mobility so he has some tools to work with. he is not young though so iot is not like he has 3 years to grow. If he gets a chance this year and shows nothing he probably isn;t going to be good.

Re: a QB. 1) I don't think any are worth a top-10, let alone a top-1, pick (though one will ultimately be selected in the top-10, I'm sure). 2) Parcells leans heavily towards veterans in the early parts of his rebuilding process and has an innate distrust of young'uns, so I do not believe the team will addresds the QB spot in this draft. I think they will keep these two guy and sign a long in the tooth veteran with a ton of experience who makes good decisions. I keep thinking about Steve Mcnair here, for some reason.
Reading this made me wonder if Parcells' modus operandi may change, as his job has changed. Will he be a bit more patient, now that he's not the HC? Would he be more willing to wait on a young QB? I'm kind of thinking that his new position may be a bit more long term, while it seemed his last few coaching positions had an expiration date.
Good point

I asked about Ronnie Brown because he is a lefty and seemed more comfortable to me running left (his best run against KC was that run), but overall, I hadn't seen a big difference. Sometimes the stats surprise our eyes.You are correct about Parcells distrust in young guys, although he has softened a little. I just don't see much out there from a QB standpoint. Signing McNair would be as bad as Trent Green if you ask me. I was posting in a forum with Jason Cole who used to work for the Miami Herald and now Yahoo Sports (he is a real good guy) and I wanted them to dump Zach and not resign him the last contract and I got lambasted for it. Now the value is almost all gone, but Parcells needs to clean house and not worry about hurt feelings.
I've got no problem with that (dumping Zach) and, in fact, I'd like him and Jason Taylor to move on to a contender rather than waste their last years on a rebuilding effort. My thoughts aside, I think both will retire as 'phins.

The new Scott Wright draft has Chris Long at #1 in what he calls a photo finish between him, Jake Long and Dorsey..... :thumbup:

NFLDRAFTCOUNTDOWN

Say's Parcells favors defense, will look to trade down and not have to pay that #1 money (like he did with the Jets bypassing Pace - right or wrong)

They need to take a QB in the first round; I don't know enough to say who that should be, but I would be very surprised if they don't take a QB.

I do not believe they will take a QB in the first round.

Defensive Line or Offensive Line or trade down.

I could see a QB later on in the draft - 2nd or 3rd round more likely.

I know this sounds silly but the move that made me the most upset over the past few years (other than trading Welker within the division) was them not trying to keep Sage Rosenfels.

It is going to be very difficlut for the Fins to trade down becuase there isn't anbody worthy of the #1 overall pick. Here is what I think will happen. Parcells will offer 3-5 players contracts before the draft. whoever accepts the contract will be made the #1 overall pick.

These guys think its Matt Ryan

Ryan has all the skills – mentally and physically – that the position demands.

Boston College finished 11-3 this season with a good group of players, but the Eagles certainly were not a top-10 club in terms of talent. Ryan was the difference.

Can he take his team downfield with the game on the line and get them in the end zone? See the regular-season game at Virginia Tech.

Ryan has the “It” factor. He takes every other player up a level.
:goodposting: Did people forget to mention his mentor is Brett Favre?

This years draft reminds me a lot of the year that SF took A Smith. They wanted to trade down, but no one wanted to pay the price to move up. Also there is no clear cut #1/ can't miss prospect to build your team around. I believe that whomever the Dolphins take will never live up to the #1 pick billing that people would expect of him.

The first pick will likely be whoever accepts the contract Bill offers to 3 or 4 of the top rated players.
It is going to be very difficlut for the Fins to trade down becuase there isn't anbody worthy of the #1 overall pick. Here is what I think will happen. Parcells will offer 3-5 players contracts before the draft. whoever accepts the contract will be made the #1 overall pick.
Yes.

The first pick will likely be whoever accepts the contract Bill offers to 3 or 4 of the top rated players.
Yes.
:goodposting: I posted before I read the whole thread....At least Miami's pick will be there to start training camp.

I think the 1st year Parcells took over the Jets, he had the # 1 pick. Instead of keeping it (Orlando Pace was the # 1 that year), he traded down to get picks (believe they took James Farrior as their # 1 that year). I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again. There are a ton of holes on that roster, they are really lacking in depth.

I'll be very upset if they spend the #1 overall on Matt Ryan. I see "flop" all over that kid.

Plus, I simply can not see Parcells trusting his #1 overall to a QB when he is so strongly resistant to starting any young QB. The #1 pick this year MUST BE a Dolphin starter from day one. They will, in all likelihood, have a top-12 pick again next year and QB can be addressed then (assuming neither Lemon or Beck work out). For this year, maybe Parcells spend a day 2 pick on a QB, but I think he will like Lemon as his starter and will take a hard look at Beck, and will bring in a solid veteran.

I will be in shock if they use the #1 overall on Matt Ryan unless it is to trade him to another team.

I think the Dolphins need to go defense, defense, and then a little more defense. They need help at every position. I would definitely look to gauge other teams interest in Jason Taylor as well.

I'll be very upset if they spend the #1 overall on Matt Ryan. I see "flop" all over that kid.Plus, I simply can not see Parcells trusting his #1 overall to a QB when he is so strongly resistant to starting any young QB. The #1 pick this year MUST BE a Dolphin starter from day one. They will, in all likelihood, have a top-12 pick again next year and QB can be addressed then (assuming neither Lemon or Beck work out). For this year, maybe Parcells spend a day 2 pick on a QB, but I think he will like Lemon as his starter and will take a hard look at Beck, and will bring in a solid veteran. I will be in shock if they use the #1 overall on Matt Ryan unless it is to trade him to another team.
:thumbup: I don't think he will be a franchise QB.However, he will have a good but not great career.(compare him to Matt Hasselback.)

Domination said:
This years draft reminds me a lot of the year that SF took A Smith. They wanted to trade down, but no one wanted to pay the price to move up. Also there is no clear cut #1/ can't miss prospect to build your team around. I believe that whomever the Dolphins take will never live up to the #1 pick billing that people would expect of him.
It's a lot like that year. There are a lot of very talented guys at the top of the draft, just like 2005, but just not a clear cut franchise QB. I think the Dolphins will be making the same mistake with Ryan that the 49ers made when they drafted Alex Smith.

Domination said:
It's a lot like that year. There are a lot of very talented guys at the top of the draft, just like 2005, but just not a clear cut franchise QB. I think the Dolphins will be making the same mistake with Ryan that the 49ers made when they drafted Alex Smith.
Matt Ryan ran a pro style offense in college.Alex Smith benefited from Urban Meyer's spread offense.Smith's game hasn't translated so well.

Does having the coach in place help us figure out who they may take?
I don't believe so. The draft will belong completely to Parcells and Ireland, IMHO.
Here is the last 5 years of drafting for Parcells and/or Ireland:2007 - Dallas Cowboys

Rd Sel # Player Position School

1 26 Anthony Spencer OLB Purdue

3 67 James Marten OT Boston College

4 103 Isaiah Stanback WR Washington

4 122 Doug Free OT Northern Illinois

6 178 Nicholas Folk K Arizona

6 195 Deon Anderson FB Connecticut

7 212 Courtney Brown CB Cal Poly-S.L.O.

7 237 Alan Ball CB Illinois

2006 - Dallas Cowboys

1 18 Bobby Carpenter LB Ohio State

2 53 Anthony Fasano TE Notre Dame

3 92 Jason Hatcher DE Grambling State

4 125 Skyler Green WR Louisiana State

5 138 Pat Watkins FS Florida State

6 182 Montavious Stanley DT Louisville

7 211 Pat McQuistan T Weber State

7 224 E.J. Whitley C Texas Tech

The 2005 draft right here is something to behold. The Dolphins need one of these badly.

2005 - Dallas Cowboys

1 11 DeMarcus Ware OLB Troy State

1 20 Marcus Spears DE Louisiana State

2 42 Kevin Burnett LB Tennessee

4 109 Marion Barber RB Minnesota

4 132 Chris Canty DE Virginia

6 208 Justin Beriault DB Ball State

6 209 Rob Petitti T Pittsburgh

7 224 Jay Ratliff DE Auburn

2004 - Dallas Cowboys

2 43 Julius Jones RB Notre Dame

2 52 Jacob Rogers T USC

3 83 Stephen Peterman G Louisiana State

4 121 Bruce Thornton CB Georgia

5 144 Sean Ryan TE Boston College

7 205 Nate Jones CB Rutgers

7 216 Patrick Crayton WR Northwestern Oklahoma State

7 223 Jacques Reeves CB Purdue

2003 - Dallas Cowboys

1 5 Terence Newman CB Kansas State

2 38 Al Johnson C Wisconsin

3 69 Jason Witten TE Tennessee

4 103 Bradie James LB Louisiana State

6 178 B.J. Tucker CB Wisconsin

6 186 Zuriel Smith WR Hampton

7 219 Justin Bates -- Colorado

Of the 24 selections Ireland made, 23 of them made the active roster out of training camp (the lone exception spent the season on injured reserve) and 18 were in uniform last Sunday when the Cowboys hosted the New York Giants in the playoffs.

Parcells became head coach two years before Ireland, then the team's national scout, took over the draft. Parcells resigned before Ireland's final draft with Dallas.

In that five-year span, 25 of the Cowboys' 39 draft picks were good enough to make last weekend's playoff roster. Ten of them started. An 11th draftee, Nick Folk, was the kicker. Eight others were acquired as free agents, leaving only four playoff starters who pre-dated Parcells and Ireland.

I thought that Parcells was suppose to not be making day to day decisions- has there been any real info about how much or how little he will take part in draft day decisions?

:goodposting:

How did the Cowboys come by Romo?
According to Wikipedia, Sean Payton convinced Romo to sign with the Cowboys:
Romo attended the 2003 NFL Combine, but, despite intriguing some scouts, went undrafted during the 2003 NFL Draft. Throughout the draft, Romo was assured by Sean Payton of the Cowboys' interest (Romo was also intensely pursued by Denver head coach Mike Shanahan[1]), and shortly afterwards was signed as an undrafted rookie free agent by the Cowboys.

I thought that Parcells was suppose to not be making day to day decisions- has there been any real info about how much or how little he will take part in draft day decisions?
No information - and he keeps saying he will not be involved. Therefore, count on him being heavily involved. What the heck else is he there for except to help out on personnel and team building?He will be in there bumping heads with Ireland and making the final call on draft day, but I am sure Ireland will be the one doing all the leg work leading up to the draft.Thanks, Donnybrook.

Trent Green & Marty Booker among nine cuts by Dolphins today.

MIAMI -- The new Miami regime has started to put its imprint on the Dolphins roster.

The Dolphins cut nine players on Monday, including quarterback Trent Green and wide receiver Marty Booker.

Green, 37, suffered a Grade 3 concussion in Miami's Oct. 7 game at Houston when he blocked Texans' defensive tackle Travis Johnson, and was accidentally kneed in the head. It marked the second straight season in which Green sustained a serious head injury.

In five games for the Dolphins, he threw for 987 yards with five touchdowns and seven interceptions.

Booker was cut after his fourth season with Miami. In 2007, he had 556 receiving yards and one touchdown. He had over 1,000 yards receiving in two seasons with the Bears earlier in his career, but never reached the 1,000-yard plateau with the Dolphins.

"This is never easy, especially since all of these players worked hard during their tenure here," Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said in a team statement. "In particular, in the case of each of the veterans, it's especially difficult to release players who have been productive and valued members of the organization. However, we feel these decisions are in the best interest of the team.

"I want to thank all of them for their contributions to the Dolphins and wish them good luck."

Other players cut by the Dolphins were tackle L.J. Shelton, defensive tackle Keith Traylor, tackle Anthony Alabi, defensive tackle Anthony Bryant, tackle Marion Dukes, defensive tackle Marquay Love and tackle Joe Toledo.

The house cleaning has officially started:

"The Dolphins released nine players Monday, including Trent Green, Marty Booker, and DT Keith Traylor.

The new sheriffs in town (Bill Parcells and GM Jeff Ireland) aren't wasting any time. Green hopes to play football again, but hasn't received medical clearance. He could resurface in Baltimore or St. Louis as a backup. Booker is still a solid pro; he was just overpaid. Other released 'Phins include T L.J. Shelton, T Anthony Alabi, T Joe Toledo, T Marion Dukes, and DT Marquay Love. Feb. 11 - 3:07 pm et"

Source: MiamiDolphins.com

LONG overdue.

Trent Green & Marty Booker among nine cuts by Dolphins today.

MIAMI -- The new Miami regime has started to put its imprint on the Dolphins roster.

The Dolphins cut nine players on Monday, including quarterback Trent Green and wide receiver Marty Booker.

Green, 37, suffered a Grade 3 concussion in Miami's Oct. 7 game at Houston when he blocked Texans' defensive tackle Travis Johnson, and was accidentally kneed in the head. It marked the second straight season in which Green sustained a serious head injury.

In five games for the Dolphins, he threw for 987 yards with five touchdowns and seven interceptions.

Booker was cut after his fourth season with Miami. In 2007, he had 556 receiving yards and one touchdown. He had over 1,000 yards receiving in two seasons with the Bears earlier in his career, but never reached the 1,000-yard plateau with the Dolphins.

"This is never easy, especially since all of these players worked hard during their tenure here," Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said in a team statement. "In particular, in the case of each of the veterans, it's especially difficult to release players who have been productive and valued members of the organization. However, we feel these decisions are in the best interest of the team.

"I want to thank all of them for their contributions to the Dolphins and wish them good luck."

Other players cut by the Dolphins were tackle L.J. Shelton, defensive tackle Keith Traylor, tackle Anthony Alabi, defensive tackle Anthony Bryant, tackle Marion Dukes, defensive tackle Marquay Love and tackle Joe Toledo.
The house cleaning has officially started:

"The Dolphins released nine players Monday, including Trent Green, Marty Booker, and DT Keith Traylor.

The new sheriffs in town (Bill Parcells and GM Jeff Ireland) aren't wasting any time. Green hopes to play football again, but hasn't received medical clearance. He could resurface in Baltimore or St. Louis as a backup. Booker is still a solid pro; he was just overpaid. Other released 'Phins include T L.J. Shelton, T Anthony Alabi, T Joe Toledo, T Marion Dukes, and DT Marquay Love. Feb. 11 - 3:07 pm et"

Source: MiamiDolphins.com

LONG overdue.
I guess news this good needed to be posted twice!

That's an awful lot of offensive linemen to release. Both right tackles? Wasn't Shelton a starter?
He sure was, started 16 games each of the last 2 years with the Dolphins.
I wonder what the thinking is here. Jake Long in the first? Chris Long and then whoever they can find with the 2.01? Lots of FA signings?It does fit the Parcells M.O. though, thinking they can find o-linemen from just about anywhere.

Apologies for the doubel posting.

Shelton was due something like 3.2 million this year.

He's a career underachiever and looks lazy every time he's out there.

Good riddance.

With all these cuts the Dolphins should be close to 35 milion under the cap.

greedygoat said:
Andy Dufresne said:
That's an awful lot of offensive linemen to release. Both right tackles? Wasn't Shelton a starter?
He sure was, started 16 games each of the last 2 years with the Dolphins.
From the two games I saw- he had no business being a starter.

they'll likely trade down , possibly with Dallas, in a trade involving MB3.

they need defensive help, a QB, O-linemen, etc.

one thing about Parcells, he LOVES reclamation projects.. :crazy: gotta give him props for that..

This thread was started almost 3 months ago and the list of "likely" candidates is still about 5 players long...yeesh.

Here's to hoping one of those 5 (Dorsey, Matt Ryan, C Long, J Long, and McFadden) step up in the next month...

This thread was started almost 3 months ago and the list of "likely" candidates is still about 5 players long...yeesh.Here's to hoping one of those 5 (Dorsey, Matt Ryan, C Long, J Long, and McFadden) step up in the next month...
Regardless of what happens over the next two months short of a devastating injury, my desirability for either of the Long guys wil not change due to some flashes or disappoinments at the combine. And nothing will make me believe the 'phins should take either Ryan or McFadden.Once again, though, allow me this waffle: if Parcells takes one of them with the #1 overall, it was the right move. In Bill I trust.

This thread was started almost 3 months ago and the list of "likely" candidates is still about 5 players long...yeesh.Here's to hoping one of those 5 (Dorsey, Matt Ryan, C Long, J Long, and McFadden) step up in the next month...
Regardless of what happens over the next two months short of a devastating injury, my desirability for either of the Long guys wil not change due to some flashes or disappoinments at the combine. And nothing will make me believe the 'phins should take either Ryan or McFadden.Once again, though, allow me this waffle: if Parcells takes one of them with the #1 overall, it was the right move. In Bill I trust.
:confused: I think either Long could be a good pick there - Dorsey right behind them.I don't think Ryan will happen and I think either he or McFadden would be a pretty big mis-pick, IMO.They need OLine help and they need D help. Top Qb isn't any good to you on his rear, nor is a the (as of Friday) top RB when he has no holes to run through.And neither does you any good if your D is a mess.

Users who are viewing this thread