What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Early Rookie ADP info from the Twitterverse (1 Viewer)

A single site rankings vs what people are doing in the real world are not the same thing.  Clearly no one believes in those rankings as they are way off what is happening in real drafts.

A single site rankings vs what people are doing in the real world are not the same thing.  Clearly no one believes in those rankings as they are way off what is happening in real drafts.
The link I shared was an aggregate from that site though. 

I made no claims as to its meaningfulness. Just a data point for consideration. 

ETA: sorry, seems you were responding to the Fantasy Pros comment. I agree. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The link I shared was an aggregate from that site though. 

I made no claims as to its meaningfulness. Just a data point for consideration. 

But I assure you, those were drafts “in the real world”.  Saying otherwise is preposterous. 
I think he’s replying to TripItUp's post. That’s my guess at least. 

all I know is that both are useful imo. 

I find Fantasy Pros rankings to be somewhat all over the place. The ones they offer for free are based on scoring system & lineup requirements I don’t use, so they’re not useful at all to me. IIRC you can pay them for a subscription &’then you’re able to customize the scoring/roster to re-sort the rankings, but I always take them with a grain of salt. 

Regardless, this topic was about ADP, not rankings. Where people are ranked and where they're being drafted are two different things. 

gotcha, I'll remove the link
I mean, no harm in sharing the link, it’s just not really on-topic, and I, personally, have found FP to be somewhat wonky unless using their paid services (I got them free one year with a deposit to FanDuel or something)

I actually like their mock draft simulator, once the rankings are customized for league scoring / Format. 

Do you have any interesting homer breakdown of the Hall pick?
You quoted yourself, ilov. Heh. 

No, I don't have really any interesting homer breakdown of the Hall pick. I was set on Hall before the pick was made, as you probably know. I traded Javonte and AJ away to acquire the 1.01, DK, and Courtland Sutton in part because I prefer Hall's athletic profile to Javonte and Javonte's situation (I planned on Gordon coming back).

The only homer-sounding thing I can say, and PFF pointed this out and actually introduced it to me, is that we like to run outside zone runs a lot and that is where Hall excelled in college. They also point out the Jets played from behind a metric ####ton last year, and while they did that, they ran on pass downs or checked down quite a bit (likely due to Wilson's rookie year).

From PFF:

"The former Cyclone was electric on outside-zone rushes, registering 4.1 yards after contact, a 36% forced missed tackle rate and a 21% explosive rush rate. The Jets ran the eighth-most outside zone in the NFL (39%) in 2021."

The one homer breakdown that I can't help but let nag me is that the Jets are where dreams go to die. I hope this isn't the case and that the ownership has finally ceded to the GM what is appropriately his and that the GM knows what he's doing in building a team. The past few drafts have done nothing but convince me the GM is on the right track, even if the results aren't as good as we would hope. 

The one homer breakdown that I can't help but let nag me is that the Jets are where dreams go to die. I hope this isn't the case and that the ownership has finally ceded to the GM what is appropriately his and that the GM knows what he's doing in building a team. The past few drafts have done nothing but convince me the GM is on the right track, even if the results aren't as good as we would hope. 
With upgrades to the OL & continued development of Z.Wilson, plus additions of Uzomah & now G.Wilson to the passing game, I see NYJ as an offense building in a very smart direction. 

The only limitation to Hall’s ceiling might be Carter, though IMO it’s not a lot of ceiling cap. Hall has break-away speed, great hands and enough power to be used in short. Carter should be a breather back with enough juice to be RB3/flex-worthy at best.  ZWilson might be a little bit of a TD vulture if he keeps running like he did down the stretch, but again, I don’t see this as any reason to downgrade Hall. 

Hw landed in a great spot to have success out of the gate. 

As a fan of another cellar dweller with a sign of hope, I will say I do believe things can change. I don’t like Wilson but other than I have really liked all their moves these 2 off seasons. 

Only thing that concerns me is that Hall is a patient runner where the SF system wants you to be one read, cut, and go. We'll see how that translates. 
How much of the SF system are they running? I see the same with Carter. He’s not a hit the hole and burn through guy. He’s best at breaking tackles and ankles in a phone booth with stops, starts, hesitation. 

How much of the SF system are they running? I see the same with Carter. He’s not a hit the hole and burn through guy. He’s best at breaking tackles and ankles in a phone booth with stops, starts, hesitation. 
I think they ran what they could. Ty Johnson got a lot of those SF carries whereby it's really sort of a stretch play where he's trying to hit an outside hole like a punt return. That's the best my limited football acumen can describe it. They used Carter rather traditionally, as you point out, because speed isn't necessarily his strength. I expect them to use Hall more that way because of his speed. 

When the NFL tells you they don't like the QB, I listen. 

I'll ignore the QB, if Willis falls somewhere near 5th round RB and stuff, I'll take him. Not interested in Baby Hands in PIT, or any of the other ones. 
Agree with this. 

Willis because he landed in the absolute perfect situation. The downside is that there’s so little invested in him that the Titans could well draft another QB and move off of him pretty easily in the future.

Once I remove the QBs, and the RB people reach for, I've got David Bell/McBride and Jelani right at that 1/2 range. 

I'm not too thrilled with 2nd round picks this year. 

Once I remove the QBs, and the RB people reach for, I've got David Bell/McBride and Jelani right at that 1/2 range. 

I'm not too thrilled with 2nd round picks this year. 
I'm high on Jelani, but it looks like this data has him near the end of 3.

As an aside, Tolbert looks about a round too late to me. Would take him over the rest of those later round 2 WRs right now.

Users who are viewing this thread