What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Earning an extra $500-$700 per month. Ideas? (1 Viewer)

the event bartender is the way to start.  no bar, no matter how scummy, is hiring some fool with no experience.

this.  except it's nearly every place

:lmao:  

100% this.  the places that MIGHT hire you with zero experience, will be filled with toothless wonders.  that don't even register on your clock-a-mamie scale.  glllllllpeeeeaaaasssse
So how the hell does anybody get started then if you always need experience?  At one time every working bartender didn’t have experience.   All of them worked for an event place or at ****’s Saloon on 24th & Capitol? 

Credit card/bank bonus churning easily could get you this much, but you're not going to meet chicks that way. Maybe on the vacations you spend all those points on.
I'm not gonna do this, but I'm curious about it.  How exactly does this work?

I do already have a Chase Rewards card and pay basically everything on it and at the end of the year bank around $700 cash.

Bath Water is all the rage these days ... used socks are very 2020. 

:toilet:
Is selling used bath water really a thing?  I read recently of a hot chick who makes bank off of farting in a mason jar, capping it and then shipping it to people.  Weird times.

Seems like you could leverage the Tik Tok and celebrity dog thing into something more.  I don't have ideas off hand but there's definitely something there.  Women love pets and clout.  
Yeah I'm not really sure what exactly that would be. The little dude absolutely rakes women at the beach though.

So how the hell does anybody get started then if you always need experience?  At one time every working bartender didn’t have experience.   All of them worked for an event place or at ****’s Saloon on 24th & Capitol? 
Working your way up when a position becomes available or getting lucky.

I’ll give you a right now real world example that should help paint a picture.  The hiring environment right now (last year plus and foreseeable future ) is absolutely terrible.  I can’t find (or keep) servers, kitchen staff and managers to save my life.  All that despite the fact we’ve stayed out in front of the wages (most of those positions we’re paying up to 50% more an hour then just a 2/3 years ago, yes 50%!).  You know the position I’m not even hiring for? You got it, Bartenders.  You also know who hasn’t gotten ANY raises in that same time, bartenders (they are still at minimum wage).   To add one more data point into that equation.  I run 48 venues across California, Nevada, Arizona, New Hampshire and Texas.    

Last edited by a moderator:
Working your way up when a position becomes available or getting lucky.

I’ll give you a right now real world example that should help paint a picture.  The hiring environment right now (last year plus and foreseeable future ) is absolutely terrible.  I can’t find (or keep) servers, kitchen staff and managers to save my life.  All that despite the fact we’ve stayed out in front of the wages (most of those positions we’re paying up to 50% more an hour then just a 2/3 years ago, yes 50%!).  You know the position I’m not even hiring for? You got it, Bartenders.  You also know who hasn’t gotten ANY raises in that same time, bartenders (they are still at minimum wage).   To add one more data point into that equation.  I run 48 venues across California, Nevada, Arizona, New Hampshire and Texas.    
Interesting good to know.

: dusts off the DSLR camera and looks for old holey socks :

you have to work your way up or know someone.  period.  or be a hot chick.   :D  

i too have been in the biz like @dkp993for ever.  i'm involved in a new ridiculous project, right on the sand in laguna  beach.  as dkp said, zero turnover in the bar. every other dept is a disaster.  a young kid who has been with us from the start(9 months) as a bar back, wants to bartend.  bad.  he works hard and is a good employee.  but who's going to give up shifts for him?  but if he keeps at it, he'll break through when someone wants time off.  but it will still be lame day shifts and only the slowest nights of the week until he proves himself as a bartender.

Is selling used bath water really a thing?  I read recently of a hot chick who makes bank off of farting in a mason jar, capping it and then shipping it to people.  Weird times.
I know there are probably several people who do this, but I read one of them recently had to go to the hospital because the diet she was eating in order to fill all her orders screwed up her innards (it was like only beans and cheese or something).   Not going to search for "woman who farts into bottles" on my work computer though.

I know there are probably several people who do this, but I read one of them recently had to go to the hospital because the diet she was eating in order to fill all her orders screwed up her innards (it was like only beans and cheese or something).   Not going to search for "woman who farts into bottles" on my work computer though.
New ingredient ideas for my lunch smoothies. 

I called 4 places nearby me for plasma donation.   Payout of one..

- $150 each for the first THREE times

- $125 for the fourth donation 

** so since can go twice per week...that's $575 just for the first 2 weeks!

- $40 for the 5th donation

- $100 for the 6th donation

So basically $140 per week from week three on.    But that ends up being a regular $560 per month.

Needless to say, I'm becoming a plasma donor this week.

So basically $140 per week from week three on.    But that ends up being a regular $560 per month.

How long does it take to donate?

How long does it take to donate?
First visit they said 2 hrs just to get registered and setup.  Every visit after 1-1.5 hrs depending on how busy.  

No advanced appts at ones near me so that kinda sucks.  But $140 a week for 3 hrs of time not a bad deal.  (that’s about $45 per hour rate) 

Please use bro1ncos as your referral. Thanks

First visit they said 2 hrs just to get registered and setup.  Every visit after 1-1.5 hrs depending on how busy.  

No advanced appts at ones near me so that kinda sucks.  But $140 a week for 3 hrs of time not a bad deal.  (that’s about $45 per hour rate) 
Make sure you eat a good meal high in Iron prior to your visit. High hematocrit is necessary. 

Make sure you eat a good meal high in Iron prior to your visit. High hematocrit is necessary. 
So I don't eat breakfast and have a healthy smoothie for lunch so this might be a problem.

Should I start taking Iron supplements you think? Or just go the first time for my physical without changing anything and just see if I pass?     I get a blood test regularly and check out good in all areas...never a concern about my iron levels.

Get a job at restaurant. Any job. Mention you would like to train on the bar. Train on the bar, pick up shifts when you can. Wait until current bartender quits, gets fired, disappears with owner's daughter, whatever. 

Get a job at restaurant. Any job. Mention you would like to train on the bar. Train on the bar, pick up shifts when you can. Wait until current bartender quits, gets fired, disappears with owner's daughter, whatever. 
I've let the bartender idea go. I went to the bar I was thinking of last week on a Thursday night around 7pm and just had a drink and sat and observed.   I was annoyed at the thought of it after about 20 minutes. :lmao:

The idea of finding an event & catering type of place to help out at events, weddings, etc. sounds more appealing to me now actually.  And really probably better looking clientele dressed up and ready to mingle.  Serve finger foods or go behind a bar serving limited options of mixed drinks and wines.

So I don't eat breakfast and have a healthy smoothie for lunch so this might be a problem.

Should I start taking Iron supplements you think? Or just go the first time for my physical without changing anything and just see if I pass?     I get a blood test regularly and check out good in all areas...never a concern about my iron levels.
Regular red meat in your diet usually does the trick. I'm more of a chicken and tilapia guy so I take an iron supplement daily. When I first started I was typically borderline (39 is the minimum level for males). There was 2 times early that I was refused because I was at 38 once and 37 the other. After adding the supplement, I regularly around 41-43. Just sucks wasting your time to be denied and have to come back another day. 

Regular red meat in your diet usually does the trick. I'm more of a chicken and tilapia guy so I take an iron supplement daily. When I first started I was typically borderline (39 is the minimum level for males). There was 2 times early that I was refused because I was at 38 once and 37 the other. After adding the supplement, I regularly around 41-43. Just sucks wasting your time to be denied and have to come back another day. 
Cool. I'll go the first time and get a sense of where my level is at and at least get registered.   If I'm close or under 39 then I'll start taking an iron supplement.

I just looked up my last blood test paperwork I had and my Hematocrit was 47.2. (From a year ago). I should be good 

ETA, I texted the clinic and asked to confirm actually last test and it was 53.7.  :Iron Man: 

A friend of mine started this as a side gig a couple years ago doing trivia. He is a morning DJ and was in sales for the radio before so he is very good with the public.  He does 4 regular gigs a week in the summer and 5 in the winter, plus does company parties or other private events.  He gets $350 per gig for about 2-3 hours worth the work.  He said he made almost 70K last year mostly cash.
That’s insane. I did this for years and made about $75 per gig. If he’s independent, I can see it, but not if you’re working for an established company.

But that ends up being a regular $560 per month.

Does donating that often mess with your body? Having to replenish all that lost blood seems like it'd be stressful on your system, no?

Does donating that often mess with your body? Having to replenish all that lost blood seems like it'd be stressful on your system, no?
Poster above says no side effects. They told me they put back the red blood cells which allows quick recovery.  Literally only need one day in between. I’d give Tuesday can come back Thursday already 

I've let the bartender idea go. I went to the bar I was thinking of last week on a Thursday night around 7pm and just had a drink and sat and observed.   I was annoyed at the thought of it after about 20 minutes. :lmao:

The idea of finding an event & catering type of place to help out at events, weddings, etc. sounds more appealing to me now actually.  And really probably better looking clientele dressed up and ready to mingle.  Serve finger foods or go behind a bar serving limited options of mixed drinks and wines.
I dId this for a few years and made some good money.  You want the bartending part if possible,  Always be on call, as bartenders are lazy- many will call in the day after a big tip night.  Sign up online and get your TIPS card (techniques of alcohol management license), costs roughly $30.  That will move you ahead of others for event planners.

Seeing the Offdee scale thread bumped you could create an app that people could send in pictures and then you give the offdee rating. Kind of like the old hot or not thing. It would probably bring in some cash for awhile.

Seeing the Offdee scale thread bumped you could create an app that people could send in pictures and then you give the offdee rating. Kind of like the old hot or not thing. It would probably bring in some cash for awhile.

Market the app to women to submit their pics. Than pitch ad space to plastic surgeons. :boatloads:

Market the app to women to submit their pics. Than pitch ad space to plastic surgeons. :boatloads:
You could also market it to guys and it could be a new dating site as well. Multi-faceted cash grab

Actually this is kinda genius. Only show profiles to guys and girls that are within 1 scale point of each other. So if a girl is a 6, they can only see and match with guys that are 5-7’s. But if a girl is an 8 then she only sees guys that are 7-9’s.

This lets all the pretty people play together and the less fortunate play together and negates the huge issue with dating apps in how ugly women still expect to get attractive guys. So then all the ugly guys get zero interactions and lose all hope in dating sites. Also negates the hot women from being bothered by and having to filter through ugly dudes.

The hotter you are, the cheaper membership is (9s and 10s are free) to draw in a large pool of hot people and make it like a cool club to want to be a part of. And the uglier you are, the more expensive. So then whenever they renew, if they got in shape or surgery (ad dollars!) you get an updated offdee rating, cheaper membership and unlock profiles to the next tier of attractive people to match with.

Who here can design and program this thing? I’m in.

Last edited:
Actually this is kinda genius. Only show profiles to guys and girls that are within 1 scale point of each other. So if a girl is a 6, they can only see and match with guys that are 5-7’s. But if a girl is an 8 then she only sees guys that are 7-9’s.

This lets all the pretty people play together and the less fortunate play together and negates the huge issue with dating apps in how ugly women still expect to get attractive guys. So then all the ugly guys get zero interactions and lose all hold on dating sites.

The hotter you are, the cheaper membership is. The uglier you are, the more expensive. So then whenever they renew, if they got in shape or surgery (ad dollars!) you get an updated offdee rating, cheaper membership and unlock profiles to the next tier of attractive people to match with.

Who here can design and program this thing? in.
Thank you. I am in as well.

The only glitch I see is that people will think they are much higher on the offdee scale then they actually are and that could frustrate them to the point they leave the site. I think the inner workings of the matching needs to be left out of the marketing. Do the matching behind the scenes so the clients don't know they are only seeing people in their offdee scale range. I think that might be a better approach but am open to discussion.

As far as the cheaper for good looking people that may also eventually weed out all lower level people. Why pay more to get access to lesser attractive profiles? Now if this was marketed with say a weight loss/self improvement program so that as you progress in the betterment side of things you get discounts on the dating site and access to the next tier of hotness then you may have an even different revenue stream.

The possibilities are endless.

@Gally the distinguishing factor from other dating apps will be around the offdee scale rating so have to highlight that. Ultimately if it attracts all hot people and deters ugly people that’s not a bad thing. Imagine this app being known where the hot people date and hookup and then Hinge, Bumble and Tinder become the places all mid and ugly people use.

Advertisers would flock to our app to advertise fashion, makeup, Botox, fitness, plastic surgery, etc…all things pretty people love. And it would be like an exclusive club that people will want to be able to say they got access and others curious if they can gain access (they have to download and register in app to submit pics to see if accepted or not). All that data and exposure is gold for ad revenue!

Be blatant about it. If you’re hot, you get to only see hot. If you’re mid or ugly you will have more success in the site because you only get to interact with someone of similar looks.

Make this dating app how it used to be like dating in public before other dating apps skewed all perceptions.

Last edited:
Do we have any other interested investors? Take this thing to Shark Tank. Mr Wonderful would be all in.

This lets all the pretty people play together and the less fortunate play together and negates the huge issue with dating apps in how ugly women still expect to get attractive guys. So then all the ugly guys get zero interactions and lose all hope in dating sites. Also negates the hot women from being bothered by and having to filter through ugly dudes.

The hotter you are, the cheaper membership is (9s and 10s are free) to draw in a large pool of hot people and make it like a cool club to want to be a part of. And the uglier you are, the more expensive. So then whenever they renew, if they got in shape or surgery (ad dollars!) you get an updated offdee rating, cheaper membership and unlock profiles to the next tier of attractive people to match with.

Tinder already does this. Based on how often a guy swipes, it gauges how discerning he is, and therefore assigns him a higher 'number'. Based on how often a girl gets swiped on, it gives her an equivalent 'number'.

Guys who are selective with their likes see 8s, 9s, 10s. Guys who swipe everyone only see mostly 1s through the occasional 7s and never get to see profiles of higher numbers. And vice versa.

Tinder already does this. Based on how often a guy swipes, it gauges how discerning he is, and therefore assigns him a higher 'number'. Based on how often a girl gets swiped on, it gives her an equivalent 'number'.

Guys who are selective with their likes see 8s, 9s, 10s. Guys who swipe everyone only see mostly 1s through the occasional 7s and never get to see profiles of higher numbers. And vice versa.

I get it but they are all secretive about it and nobody really truly knows how it works or what someone’s “rating” is and what the definitions behind the rating is.

That algorithm you describe is also based on guys actions and desperation and not their actual looks.

We’ll pull back the curtain and embrace it and make your hotness number and offdee definition front and center. The world needs a hero right now.

Last edited:
One addl note on that new dating app idea. The ONLY way a new dating app would break through at this point is through controversy and intrigue. The offdee scale is just that.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I’ve shown it to a woman in real life it’s these 2 stages like clockwork:

1) oh my god, that is terrible!! Guys are such pigs! I can’t believe something like this actually exists! Disgusting! (CONTROVERSY)

2) well what am I ??? (INTRIGUE)

Last edited:
You guys should do a focus group for me tonight. Show the offdee scale to your wife/gf and tell me the above is not their exact two reaction stages.

Last edited:
@Gally the distinguishing factor from other dating apps will be around the offdee scale rating so have to highlight that. Ultimately if it attracts all hot people and deters ugly people that’s not a bad thing. Imagine this app being known where the hot people date and hookup and then Hinge, Bumble and Tinder become the places all mid and ugly people use.

Advertisers would flock to our app to advertise fashion, makeup, Botox, fitness, plastic surgery, etc…all things pretty people love. And it would be like an exclusive club that people will want to be able to say they got access and others curious if they can gain access (they have to download and register in app to submit pics to see if accepted or not). All that data and exposure is gold for ad revenue!

Be blatant about it. If you’re hot, you get to only see hot. If you’re mid or ugly you will have more success in the site because you only get to interact with someone of similar looks.

Make this dating app how it used to be like dating in public before other dating apps skewed all perceptions.
I see where you are going here. I can get behind that.

Users who are viewing this thread