What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

EBF Invitational Complete (1 Viewer)

Any other league members going to do a team analysis here?
Im getting to mine ... been a busy 2 weeks. Honestly, it will be kinda nice to have them spaced out.

Here goes my team by position:07.02 QB Jake Plummer Den/1006.11 QB Brett Favre GB/911.02 QB Rex Grossman Chi/5My strategy was to get three QB from the very beginning. Plummer is a guy that I have targeted in all of my survivor leagues given his '03 ppg. Favre never gets injured, which all but guarantees never putting up a zero at the position, not to mention he didn't fair to badly last year. Grossman has great upside given the new offense and is the uncontested starter, both ingredients I look for in my #3 starter.01.02 RB LaDainian Tomlinson SD/1002.11 RB Travis Henry Buf/304.11 RB Lee Suggs Cle/805.02 RB William Green Cle/8I have three #1's, Tomlinson counts as 1 1/2. I obviously believe that McGahee doesn't pose a serious threat to Henry's production. Barring a Tomlinson injury, I'm guaranteed solid RB produciton throughout the season.03.02 WR Hines Ward Pit/708.11 WR Javon Walker GB/909.02 WR Peter Warrick Cin/514.11 WR Joey Galloway TB/815.02 WR Johnnie Morton KC/516.11 WR Travis Taylor Bal/620.11 WR Brandon Stokley Ind/6Ward is the #5 WR on my board given the scoring format. I like Walker and Galloway's upside. Warrick, Taylor and Morton are safety nets that I believe are locks for 55 receptions. Stokeley was purely a gut pick that I debated going Defense #3 on. My group of Seven WRs should put up consistent, yet unspectacular numbers.10.11 TE Randy McMichael Mia/1012.11 TE Jason Witten Dal/4McMichael is a little bit of an unknown given the offense but I like everything I've seen and Witten is one of the best backups TEs in our league IMHO. In this format if you don't have Heap or Gonzo, I think you need to grab two of the top 15 to garner steady TE production.17.02 PK John Kasay Car/318.11 PK Olindo Mare Mia/10Solid kickers that shouldn't lose their jobs19.02 DE Chicago Chi/513.02 DE Jacksonville Jac/9I have both as sleeper D's, but this is admittedly my weakest position.Summary: I will have consistent scoring throughout the entire year given my proven players and quality depth at all positions. My lack of upside at WR could hurt me near the end when competing against those remaining teams that were fortunate enough to snag some sleepers to put them over the edge in terms of overall scoring. That being said, the goal is not to score the highest, it is to never score the least.If it sounds like I like my team....I do. I can't see this squad being eliminated any earlier than week 9/10. It will be fun to follow the league as preseason injuries start to accumulate and as position battles are decided....squads will really start to look thin. I don't regret any of my picks. All were well thought out. Stokeley over the #3 D was the only tough decision for me.Good luck to all, I look forward to putting your heads on my mantle :football:

Last edited by a moderator:
06.03 WR Plaxico Burress Pit/705.10 WR Santana Moss NYJ/307.10 WR David Boston Mia/1012.03 WR Quincy Morgan Cle/815.10 WR Kevin Dyson SD/1008.03 WR Charles Rogers Det/4
If BFred is around, I'd be interested to hear his "6 pt WR" take on my group. Perhaps more than any WR corps in our league, I could be feast or famine. Any 1.5's?

06.03 WR Plaxico Burress Pit/705.10 WR Santana Moss NYJ/307.10 WR David Boston Mia/1012.03 WR Quincy Morgan Cle/815.10 WR Kevin Dyson SD/1008.03 WR Charles Rogers Det/4
If BFred is around, I'd be interested to hear his "6 pt WR" take on my group. Perhaps more than any WR corps in our league, I could be feast or famine. Any 1.5's?
any 1.5s?Hmmm. could be. You have some risky guys but I like them. Playing the odds you have some nice upside here which was a large part of why I liked your team. On the flip side, if only one or two pan out you're screwed.

Is it really so hard to envision this scenario.Faulk is hurt to start the season and Westbrook is in RBBC with Buckhalter.George is not resigned with the Titans - Brown becomes the starter. Hearst is the starter week 1 in Denver.
All four of those scenarios, yes, it is hard to envision. On the flip side, none of them could happen. My best guess right now is that Faulk will play in 12 or more games. Westbrook will get at least 70% of the total yardage and receptions out of the backfield. George does resign with the Titans and he and Brown split carries again. Hearst does become the starter, but the starter in Denver only means about 40% of the action out of the backfield. Just my thoughts on it.
Guess your vision isn't too accurate...Eddie was CUT, and all the Titans did was sign ASmith as insurance.Faulk may miss 8 or more games with serious knee problems. :lol:

Is it really so hard to envision this scenario.Faulk is hurt to start the season and Westbrook is in RBBC with Buckhalter.George is not resigned with the Titans - Brown becomes the starter.  Hearst is the starter week 1 in Denver.
All four of those scenarios, yes, it is hard to envision. On the flip side, none of them could happen. My best guess right now is that Faulk will play in 12 or more games. Westbrook will get at least 70% of the total yardage and receptions out of the backfield. George does resign with the Titans and he and Brown split carries again. Hearst does become the starter, but the starter in Denver only means about 40% of the action out of the backfield. Just my thoughts on it.
Guess your vision isn't too accurate...Eddie was CUT, and all the Titans did was sign ASmith as insurance.Faulk may miss 8 or more games with serious knee problems. :lol:
:rotflmao: Switz is cracking me up. We'll see what happens with Faulk. As for Brown, what's the difference whether he platoons with George or A. Smith? It's still all about RBBC although I do admit this helps Brown's chances a bit. :P

:rotflmao: Switz is cracking me up. We'll see what happens with Faulk. As for Brown, what's the difference whether he platoons with George or A. Smith? It's still all about RBBC although I do admit this helps Brown's chances a bit. :P
keep telling yourself that :rolleyes: Smith is insurance, no more, no less... Brown will turn out to be one of the better picks in ths draft... :P

I should've taken Thomas Jones over Laveranues Coles. It's not that I'm all that high on Jones, but you really need to load up on RB's if you get the chance.

BassNBrew Pick Pos Player Team08.08 QB Brad Johnson TB/809.05 QB Joey Harrington Det/412.08 QB Tim Rattay SF/701.05 RB Clinton Portis Was/702.08 RB Tiki Barber NYG/606.08 RB DeShaun Foster Car/318.08 RB Ron Dayne NYG/614.08 RB Lamont Jordan NYJ/304.08 WR Steve Smith Car/305.05 WR Koren Robinson Sea/407.05 WR Jerry Porter Oak/1015.05 WR Dennis Northcutt Cle/811.05 WR Donald Driver GB/913.05 WR Muhsin Muhammad Car/303.05 TE Tony Gonzalez KC/516.08 TE Itula Mili Sea/417.05 PK Ryan Longwell GB/919.05 PK Paul Edinger Chi/510.08 DE New England NE/320.08 DE Atlanta Atl/9Like a fine wine, this team only improves with time.

See above post. The nice part about using the same scoring format as the staff/mb league is that I'll be able to get the vast majority of the scoring results just by looking at the results for that league. But for players who are not on rosters in one of the staff/mb leagues I will simply use my calculator to do the scoring. I believe that I said we'll be using MyFantasyLeagues for the statistics.

Which scoring format? Id like to score my team and see the other 11 losers.Thanks,JAA
I believe EBF already posted the results... but I'd like to know the scoring system as well...Regardless JAA, you were NOT the top team :P

Interesting to look back at a draft from 6 years ago. Some old skool shark poolers in this draft - I was in way over my head. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread