What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Edge flying in tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Perry Van Hook

Footballguy
just reported on local station - Edgerin James is coming to Phoenix tomorrow to visit Denny Green and the Cardinals - and this is not just a player making a few stops on the circuit - Rosenhaus is confirmed to be coming with him to see if they can do a deal on the spot.

Best Cardinal news I have heard in years.

just reported on local station - Edgerin James is coming to Phoenix tomorrow to visit Denny Green and the Cardinals - and this is not just a player making a few stops on the circuit - Rosenhaus is confirmed to be coming with him to see if they can do a deal on the spot.

Why would he do that to his career? Unless he's worried about keeping warm. I mean what's he got left to prove? Just hanging for a sweet deal now.

That offense could be INSANE.

It'd be like the Rams 2000 offense rebuilt, two stud WRs, a dual threat RB, and an injury prone Kurt Warner :D .

It'd be like the Rams 2000 offense rebuilt, two stud WRs, a dual threat RB, and an injury prone Kurt Warner :D .
Now they just need an Orlando Pace, Adam Timmerman, and Tom Nutten.

Why would he do that to his career? Unless he's worried about keeping warm. I mean what's he got left to prove? Just hanging for a sweet deal now.
Do what to his career?AZ has a pretty decent defense and with a running game balancing out a solid WR corps, he could have some nice #s. Now that the Cardinals are going to a nice new stadium (voted one of the best in the world) Edge may be a very nice fit.

Now that the Cardinals are going to a nice new stadium (voted one of the best in the world)
Seriously? People in Asia, Europe and South America like it that much? Awesome.

If so.....

Round 1 OL

Round 2 OL

Round 3 OL

Round 4 OL

Round 5 OL

Round 6 OL

Round 7 OL

Then sign a couple of OTs in Free Agency.

If Arizona upgrades their o-line, I don't think Edge is doing anything to hurt his career. With a young upcoming defense and the best WR combo in the league Arizona could easily compete in a medicore NFC.Also, Edge is all about respect (i.e. money), he'll go where ever the contract has the most zeros on it.

A more productive RB could put a minor dent in the value of Fitz and Boldin. Could be a big hit to Rackers too. He flourished because of AZ's lack of redzone offense. Laugh all you want about kickers, Rackers made a huge difference for a lot of teams last year.

There is no question that the Cardinals offensive line is not great. However they were wrecked with injuries last year and do have some talent to work with...

2nd year Guard Elton Brown at 339 lbs and a good work ethic could be a force

Leonard Davis and Oliver Ross are solid starting linemen.

If they can find a free agent gem (they are interested in center Mawae) and add another good young lineman, the group could be better than most realize.

James+Fitzgerald+Boldin could equal big time production with even mediocre OL play. James didn't exactly run behind a tremendous offensive line with the Colts.

A more productive RB could put a minor dent in the value of Fitz and Boldin. Could be a big hit to Rackers too. He flourished because of AZ's lack of redzone offense. Laugh all you want about kickers, Rackers made a huge difference for a lot of teams last year.
This is a very good point. James will definitely help this team find the endzone more in '06.

If so.....

Round 1 OL

Round 2 OL

Round 3 OL

Round 4 OL

Round 5 OL

Round 6 OL

Round 7 OL

This is what is needed....maybe some S/LB/DT help if they find value.

This is a very good point. James will definitely help this team find the endzone more in '06.
he could double their RB rushing totals from last year! That said if he goes to Zona, i won't be keeping him.

Do what to his career?AZ has a pretty decent defense
:no: Come on now. AZ's D sucks.

Do what to his career?AZ has a pretty decent defense and with a running game balancing out a solid WR corps, he could have some nice #s. Now that the Cardinals are going to a nice new stadium (voted one of the best in the world) Edge may be a very nice fit.
Az is not a running team, they are a passing team. They are not committed to the run and have not been for a long time. What are they going to do to change that? They're going to need more than Edge to become a decent running team.

:no: Though its hard to disagree with such a convincing argument.

Bert Berry, Darnell Dockett, Karlos Dansby, Antrell Rolle, and Adrian Wilson make up a VERY nice young core of defensive talent that played very well before being hit by injuries last year.

Wherever Edge ends up, I hope he does well. I just don't want him on another team in the AFC South.

Unless he's worried about keeping warm.
:goodposting: Plays a big part. Since Miami and Tampa are not options, expect him to sign with Arizona or Jacksonville.

:goodposting: Plays a big part. Since Miami and Tampa are not options, expect him to sign with Arizona or Jacksonville.
:confused: The new stadium has air conditioning.

:confused: Maybe his outside life extends beyond the football field?

Noooo. Can't be. Dennis Green said they weren't looking for a RB. They're sticking with JJ. Dennis Green is a man of his word. :loco:

:confused: Maybe his outside life extends beyond the football field?
High of mid 60s today. Tell him to bring a sweater.

playing San Fran and St. Louis twice each should only help Edge's #'s in Arizona.....as a Edge owner, i don't mind him going to the Cards.

For someone that grew up in Florida, I think he'd prefer the average of the upper 70's in Glendale vs. low 50's in Indy in March. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bert Berry, Darnell Dockett, Karlos Dansby, Antrell Rolle, and Adrian Wilson make up a VERY nice young core of defensive talent that played very well before being hit by injuries last year.
Well, the squad gave up 24.2 PPG and that ranks 27th. I'd say that sucks. As for that crew you mentioned, AWilson is the only stud with BBerry being above average. LB corp is horrible. DT's suck. And CB's are below average. And the FS blows. Sure, other than that they are a decent squad in the NFC West.

Az is not a running team, they are a passing team. They are not committed to the run and have not been for a long time. What are they going to do to change that? They're going to need more than Edge to become a decent running team.
One could argue that Indy wasn't committed to the run.

Well, the squad gave up 24.2 PPG and that ranks 27th. I'd say that sucks. As for that crew you mentioned, AWilson is the only stud with BBerry being above average. LB corp is horrible. DT's suck. And CB's are below average. And the FS blows. Sure, other than that they are a decent squad in the NFC West.
Well, I guess it would be a waste of time to argue with that. "They suck" should be sufficient. You are aware your "above average" and "horrible" guys have pro bowl resumes, right?

Cardinals Future D

DE: Berry(injured last year)

DT: Dockett(injured part of last year)

DT: Davis(injured last year)

DE: Okeafor(FA signing...really could use an upgrade)

LB: Dansby(Pro Bowler last year)

MLB: REALLY need a player here...lots of crappy talent like Orlando Huff on the roster

LB: Daryl Blackstock(should be ready to play in his 2nd year)

CB: Antrell Rolle(Limited by a knee injury much of last year)

CB: Eric Green(2nd year DB should be ready to start)

CB: Macklin(Marginal starter, should be a great #3)

FS: Really need an upgrade from the 35 yr old Robert Griffith.

SS: Adrian Wilson(Pro Bowler when healthy)

Well, I guess it would be a waste of time to argue with that. "They suck" should be sufficient. You are aware your "above average" and "horrible" guys have pro bowl resumes, right?
What, against giving up 24.2PPG (ranked 27th)?As to your other point:

1 solid LB and 2 dudes ready for the CFL makes a horrible corp. And since when does a pro bowl invite mean that guy is currently good. Please see SMcNair going to Hawaii this year as an example.

What, against giving up 24.2PPG (ranked 27th)?As to your other point:

1 solid LB and 2 dudes ready for the CFL makes a horrible corp. And since when does a pro bowl invite mean that guy is currently good. Please see SMcNair going to Hawaii this year as an example.
:lol: So you are saying getting in as a starter or reserve in the inital pro bowl vote as a first-time player is the same as getting in because of A) your reputation and B) 5 other players getting hurt/declining the offer to play?

Really? Are you sure that makes sense?

Really? Are you sure that makes sense?
Sure.

Cardinals Future D

DE: Berry(injured last year)

DT: Dockett(injured part of last year)

DT: Davis(injured last year)

DE: Okeafor(FA signing...really could use an upgrade)

LB: Dansby(Pro Bowler last year)

MLB: REALLY need a player here...lots of crappy talent like Orlando Huff on the roster

LB: Daryl Blackstock(should be ready to play in his 2nd year)

CB: Antrell Rolle(Limited by a knee injury much of last year)

CB: Eric Green(2nd year DB should be ready to start)

CB: Macklin(Marginal starter, should be a great #3)

FS: Really need an upgrade from the 35 yr old Robert Griffith.

SS: Adrian Wilson(Pro Bowler when healthy)
They could grab D'Qwell Jackson in the second, Winston Justice in the first, a FS like Pat Watkins or someone similiar could fall to the third.

If I was an Edge owner I would be worried if he signed with AZ, first they have NO O-Line, second their QB is one hit away from being done for the season, with no real back QB on the bench. Plus the cards will down by about 20 points in the 3rd quarter of most games, I don't see much running going on then :P

If I was an Edge owner I would be worried if he signed with AZ, first they have NO O-Line, second their QB is one hit away from being done for the season, with no real back QB on the bench. Plus the cards will down by about 20 points in the 3rd quarter of most games, I don't see much running going on then :P
And i think you dont know much about pro football.There OL is nt this bad , Warner was one of the best QB in the last 7 games he played .

The other reason they cant run the ball is because you need a NFL RB to run the ball.

And **** Vermeil, and Mike Martz, and oh yeah, some turf and a dome. Seriously, people love to buy into the hype that a bunch of big names means instant success. If that were the case, the Redskins would've won 4 super bowls in the last 6 years, the Mets would have won the last 3 world series, and the Knicks would have the best record in the NBA rather than one of the worst.Weren't the Cards supposed to be the best offense last year? Or was that the Lions? I forget because both got so much hype without any real basis for it, and I don't recall either really striking fear into their opponents.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, this team was way more than one great player away last year.

If so.....

Round 1 OL

Round 2 OL

Round 3 OL

Round 4 OL

Round 5 OL

Round 6 OL

Round 7 OL

Yeah, because their defense was so great last year there's no point in worrying about that :rolleyes:

And **** Vermeil, and Mike Martz, and oh yeah, some turf and a dome. Seriously, people love to buy into the hype that a bunch of big names means instant success. If that were the case, the Redskins would've won 4 super bowls in the last 6 years, the Mets would have won the last 3 world series, and the Knicks would have the best record in the NBA rather than one of the worst.Weren't the Cards supposed to be the best offense last year? Or was that the Lions? I forget because both got so much hype without any real basis for it, and I don't recall either really striking fear into their opponents.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, this team was way more than one great player away last year.

If so.....

Round 1   OL

Round 2   OL

Round 3   OL

Round 4   OL

Round 5   OL

Round 6   OL

Round 7   OL

Yeah, because their defense was so great last year there's no point in worrying about that :rolleyes:
You must be a Rams homer. AZ will own the Rams this year...EASY SWEEP!

If so.....

Round 1 OL

Round 2 OL

Round 3 OL

Round 4 OL

Round 5 OL

Round 6 OL

Round 7 OL

You must be a Rams homer. AZ will own the Rams this year...EASY SWEEP!
Sorry, Dolphin fan living in Florida. No affiliation to the Rams.

Leonard Davis and Oliver Ross are solid starting linemen.
I can't spean on L. Davis, but...Oliver Ross sucks. He looked like complete crap in 2003 and somehow managed not to look terrible and I think people figured that he was much better than he was due to the relative success of the '04 Steelers. All the knowledgeable Stillers fans that I know were quietly giggling at the Cardinals for the big contract they gave him and no one was sorry to see him go. I guess you could do worse than Ross, and he will certainly do, but by no means do I think he's "solid". :2cents:

As an Edge owner I'm not liking the looks of this

http://www.azcardinals.com/nm_files/Image/...withplayers.jpg
This is the perfect place for him. Where would you rather him go???They will not be able to stack the line. And if AZ spends the cake on him you better believe he's gonna be used allot. The oline will be add. via FA and draft.
Yea I agree with this too. Definitely enough depth in the draft for O-line to grab someone with their first pick. Instead of grabbing White, they can now look towards the o-line.

Users who are viewing this thread