What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ekeler/Gordon duo (1 Viewer)

Sasgaard

Footballguy
Honestly, after watching today's game, I don't think it would be crazy to start them both in a PPR league. 23 and 28 pts, not too shabby. I understand, it's one game, it's dangerous, etc....but unless you have a good option for your last Flex spot, using Ekeler even if you have Gordon wouldn't be that far of a stretch.

Opinions?

I think we all did. I own both, as I'm sure a handful of us do. But no way that's even close to sustainable IMO. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see it.
Not sure to be honest. First, obviously it has to be a PPR league. that's a gimme. But then, it depends who's your last flex spot. For me, it's either McCoy or Keelan Cole. Not really great so I'm really thinking about starting both Gordon and Ekeler. Yeah, it might burn me but I think it's worth the risk. Also depends on the match ups obviously but I can see myself starting both on more than a couple of occasions.

Will see.

I started Ekeler today as a Hail Mary and was obviously very happy with the results (14 team PPR where I had LeVeon and McKinnon as my starters).  I don’t its sustainable every week but he’ll have some big games when they get down big as they did this week 

here is the thing though...I watched the game today and he was involved since the first drive. It's not like they fell behind big and therefore had to put him in...he literally played in almost every drive since the get go....that's why I think he might be a good flex player even with Gordon in the line up as well.

here is the thing though...I watched the game today and he was involved since the first drive. It's not like they fell behind big and therefore had to put him in...he literally played in almost every drive since the get go....that's why I think he might be a good flex player even with Gordon in the line up as well.
Glad to hear this. Grabbed ekler late in a couple PPR leagues and 1 in particular where I don’t have much at RB so ekler could end up being big for me if his usage stays the same

I like Ekeler a lot. But today was def a high point in usage. He’ll have some duds you have to be prepared to accept. 

Well...I still think it's unsustainable. But as somebody else said above, he'll have some duds you just gotta live with along the way. But dang dudes, I jsit gotta humble brag I got lucky this past weekend and banked on having them both in my lineup. Those 2 definitely led me to a W.

I'm in a PPR, and going into week 6, they're both top 15 RBs. Out of the question for Ekeler to finish in the top 20? I want to say yes, but maybe we can all enjoy another week or 2 like last weekend along the way.

Ekeler is being used the same as Danny Woodhead a few years back. Yes, there will be volatility week to week but there is also the outside chance he finishes as a top 12 RB. He’s absolutely a RB2 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread