What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Elite TE Strategy: viable? Or borrowing from Peter to pay Paul? (1 Viewer)

I had a draft last night from the 12 spot in TE premium PPR league and I took Kittle at 1/2 turn. It turned out like this. Pretty decent, if you ask me ;)

Jacobs, Kittle

DJ Moore, JuJU

D Singletary, D Parker

Cohen, P Lindsay

Mattison, C Edmunds

Doyle, A Miller(TE getting razor thin at his point)

Big Ben, Burrow

D Westbrook, Sanu

Rams, B Edwards

Fairbarn, Wissly

I drafted Andrews in the last round of each of my drafts last year.

I'll be waiting.
I like Jarwin late this year, but I'm ALL ears as to other candidates for this year's Andrews, GB... :popcorn:  

On the topic at hand:
My team 12T PPR Last Saturday:
Start Q/R/W/T/FLX/FLX 

1.07 - Thomas WR
2.06 - Drake RB
3.07 - D Johnson RB
4.06 - Andrews TE
5.07 - Chark WR
6.08 - Hollywood WR
7.07 - R Jones II RB

Obviously taking Thomas at 1 removes you from Locked in stud RB, but I am not  hating my RB corps considering I went WR and TE in the first 4.

Starting only one RB (with two Flex) helps with that though. I'd be less inclined to try it with a standard start 2 RB / 3WR format. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Jarwin late this year, but I'm ALL ears as to other candidates for this year's Andrews, GB... :popcorn:  

On the topic at hand:
Start Q/R/W/T/FLX/FLX 

1.07 - Thomas WR
2.06 - Drake RB
3.07 - D Johnson RB
4.06 - Andrews TE
5.07 - Chark WR
6.08 - Hollywood WR
7.07 - R Jones II RB

Obviously taking Thomas at 1 removes you from Locked in stud RB, but I am not  hating my RB corps considering I went WR and TE in the first 4.

Starting only one RB (with two Flex) helps with that though. I'd be less inclined to try it with a standard start 2 RB / 3WR format. 
Too many mouths in Dallas for Jarwin to be consistent imho

I had a draft last night from the 12 spot in TE premium PPR league and I took Kittle at 1/2 turn. It turned out like this. Pretty decent, if you ask me ;)

Jacobs, Kittle

DJ Moore, JuJU

D Singletary, D Parker

Cohen, P Lindsay

Mattison, C Edmunds

Doyle, A Miller(TE getting razor thin at his point)

Big Ben, Burrow

D Westbrook, Sanu

Rams, B Edwards

Fairbarn, Wissly
I would not be entirely comfortable headed into the season with a RB corps of Jacobs/Singletary/Lindsey/Cohen/Mattison/Edmonds myself, but that’s the trade-off referred to in the original post of this topic.

I’m sure some will look at this team and declare that you lost nothing, because After Jacobs you have 5 players containing such attributes as “human anatomy”, “some role on their team” and “feet at the end of their legs” in your RB slots, but all of those guys are kind of RBBC weekly dart throws. Several could be boom picks with an injury (Chase Edmonds & Mattison especially). I would love to roster 2-3 of those guys as RB3-4-5 types. They make for very shaky RB2. 

I'm not saying it’s a bad team - I love your WRs and I’m surprised they made it to the end of the 3rd/early 4th. Obv your TE is money. Also, I really like Roethlisberger this year at his ADP. Not sure I like him enough to trust him as my QB1 with unknown Burrow backing him, but he’s going way too late should be good for top 10 numbers.

This team should be able to win some games, but there are clearly deficiencies after your RB1. 

To the spirit of the topic I have to wonder what your roster would look like had you taken a RB instead of Kittle, with a later pick of (insert 6-7th round TE here) and whether the drop off from Kittle to (later TE) would be less or more than the drop-off you have from that RB1a to Singletary. 

I get that it’s TE premium scoring, but all TEs get that scoring. It probably effects TE ADP.  

Curious where guys like Hooper, Hurst, Jarwin went in this draft? 

i appreciate your sharing the lineup - this is by no means a criticism of your team, just an on-topic evaluation of how your roster worked out after taking an elite TE. The theme so far has been “rough at RB” which some have simply adopted as their FF strategy for a couple years now. 

As a Niner fan, of course I love Kittle & would love to roster him, but it clearly comes at a cost. 

Too many mouths in Dallas for Jarwin to be consistent imho
I’ve been wondering about that too - in a recent interview Zeke said he expects to catch 60 this year, and that in practice they’re frequently lining him up at receiver. 

this could just be EE being EE, but with Lamb & EE catching passes, it does potentially leave a smaller cut for Jarwin. I still have him as an upside TE if I decide to wait, but I fear his ADP creeping up above what he’ll produce. 

On the topic at hand:
Start Q/R/W/T/FLX/FLX 

1.07 - Thomas WR
2.06 - Drake RB
3.07 - D Johnson RB
4.06 - Andrews TE
5.07 - Chark WR
6.08 - Hollywood WR
7.07 - R Jones II RB

I definitely like elite TE more in a 1 RB roster format. No question it’s better suited to this draft philosophy. 

I would not be entirely comfortable headed into the season with a RB corps of Jacobs/Singletary/Lindsey/Cohen/Mattison/Edmonds myself, but that’s the trade-off referred to in the original post of this topic.

I’m sure some will look at this team and declare that you lost nothing, because After Jacobs you have 5 players containing such attributes as “human anatomy”, “some role on their team” and “feet at the end of their legs” in your RB slots, but all of those guys are kind of RBBC weekly dart throws. Several could be boom picks with an injury (Chase Edmonds & Mattison especially). I would love to roster 2-3 of those guys as RB3-4-5 types. They make for very shaky RB2. 

I'm not saying it’s a bad team - I love your WRs and I’m surprised they made it to the end of the 3rd/early 4th. Obv your TE is money. Also, I really like Roethlisberger this year at his ADP. Not sure I like him enough to trust him as my QB1 with unknown Burrow backing him, but he’s going way too late should be good for top 10 numbers.

This team should be able to win some games, but there are clearly deficiencies after your RB1. 

To the spirit of the topic I have to wonder what your roster would look like had you taken a RB instead of Kittle, with a later pick of (insert 6-7th round TE here) and whether the drop off from Kittle to (later TE) would be less or more than the drop-off you have from that RB1a to Singletary. 

I get that it’s TE premium scoring, but all TEs get that scoring. It probably effects TE ADP.  

Curious where guys like Hooper, Hurst, Jarwin went in this draft? 

i appreciate your sharing the lineup - this is by no means a criticism of your team, just an on-topic evaluation of how your roster worked out after taking an elite TE. The theme so far has been “rough at RB” which some have simply adopted as their FF strategy for a couple years now. 

As a Niner fan, of course I love Kittle & would love to roster him, but it clearly comes at a cost. 
The difference and the cost of drafting a TE early is the loss of potential to RB or WR. My top RB available was Mixon, but I own him in 3 other teams, so I zagged this time around and went with Kittle. 

I disagree about my assessment of RB's, Singletary had over 5 yards per carry and I grabbed him in the 6th rnd. The Moss hype is way out of control(I live in Bills country and that is not really the buzz around here). Plus we are reacting to stuff that happens in practice currently.  As for the critic of the depth RB4/5/6, I mean isn't that the situation for all RB's in that range?

i disagree about my assessment of RB's, Singletary had over 5 yards per carry and I grabbed him in the 6th rnd. The Moss hype is way out of control(I live in Bills country and that is not really the buzz around here). Plus we are reacting to stuff that happens in practice currently.  As for the critic of the depth RB4/5/6, I mean isn't that the situation for all RB's in that range?
Part of what makes this hobby fun is that we all have different rankings of various players.

i own Singletary in dynasty - traded for him in fact. That’s a RBBC, and Moss is better suited to GL. They have a TD vulture QB & I’m expecting a full blown RBBC. The receptions will keep Singletary viable but it’s going to be a relatively low ceiling. that’s my take of course. You have yours and that’s ok. 

As for the rest, it’s not criticism - it’s an observation/evaluation. And the answer is mixed: yes, that’s the situation for all RB in that range. You’re just missing the RB2. you have an RB1 and 3 RB3-4 types. Mattison is a RB5/lottery ticket so long as Cook is healthy/productive. 

It’s not an insult - it is what it is. You opted to take a TE instead of a RB in the 2nd or 3rd, and this is the trend. 

While I believe you can win this way, you need a lot of good breaks when it comes to getting more out of those guys you do have, and all of your backs staying healthy.  As it’s generally considered the most often-injured position, that’s asking a lot. And if Jacobs goes down, especially before the BYE weeks, I think you’ll struggle to get enough out of the position. And in the context of this topic specifically, you may struggle to get enough from the position to justify the Kittle advantage at TE, even in a TE premium league. 

I wish you luck with your team - it’s not a bad team. I like it a lot actually, for an elite TE style team in a TE premium. But this is a “elite TE, is it worth it?” topic, so my response isn’t a criticism, it’s evaluating that roster in the context of the topic.

I'm sure others will look at your roster/RBs and :wub:   ‘em, some won’t. Maybe we can look back after the season and see how it panned out. A million things can happen between now & then including 1-2 of your more marginal backs getting a full time job, in which case you’ll be stacked. 

I’ve been wondering about that too - in a recent interview Zeke said he expects to catch 60 this year, and that in practice they’re frequently lining him up at receiver. 

this could just be EE being EE, but with Lamb & EE catching passes, it does potentially leave a smaller cut for Jarwin. I still have him as an upside TE if I decide to wait, but I fear his ADP creeping up above what he’ll produce. 
They supposedly wanna use Pollard more too

I think Jarwin will have a few really nice fantasy weeks. But he will also have several (if not more) clunkers.

I don’t see any way around it 

It’s not an insult - it is what it is. You opted to take a TE instead of a RB in the 2nd or 3rd, and this is the trend. 

While I believe you can win this way, you need a lot of good breaks when it comes to getting more out of those guys you do have, and all of your backs staying healthy.  As it’s generally considered the most often-injured position, that’s asking a lot. And if Jacobs goes down, especially before the BYE weeks, I think you’ll struggle to get enough out of the position. And in the context of this topic specifically, you may struggle to get enough from the position to justify the Kittle advantage at TE, even in a TE premium league. 
To the first bolded: If RB is the most often-injured position, that makes it less valuable. As we saw in 2019 when all of the late-first-round RBs either sucked or got hurt, while Kelce racked up points all year.

To the second bolded: If only we had a tool which allowed us to compare value at different positions relative to some baseline...

To the first bolded: If RB is the most often-injured position, that makes it less valuable as a high-round pick. As we saw in 2019 when all of the late-round RBs either sucked or got hurt, while Kelce racked up points all year.
true enough. But you draft hoping for health, and you draft elite backs in part for their durability. 

To the second bolded: If only we had a tool which allowed us to compare value at different positions relative to some baseline...
Fair. 

Really, you think Dalvin Cook who has yet to play a full season is getting drafted in the top 6 because of his durability?
He’s a risky player all around - health, contract situation, talent level of backup.

So not by me, so. I think others are drafting him there believing he’ll stay healthy, but mostly for his boom upside. 

if health weren’t a concern he’d be in the discussion for top 2, right? 

He’s a risky player all around - health, contract situation, talent level of backup.

So not by me, so. I think others are drafting him there believing he’ll stay healthy, but mostly for his boom upside. 

if health weren’t a concern he’d be in the discussion for top 2, right? 
All the RBs and WRs at the end of the first/early second have questions, which is why they're not at the beginning of the first. 

Mixon has missed three practices in a row. Migraines, is the story. Or maybe a contract holdout. And he finished outside the top 10 RBs last year. And his team will probably still suck. You're not choosing between Kelce and Saquon Barkley, you're choosing between a sure thing in Kelce and RBs or WRs with questions. 

You're not choosing between Kelce and Saquon Barkley, you're choosing between a sure thing in Kelce and RBs or WRs with questions. 
Also a fair point. Though I’m not a Mixon guy. For me, if I’m picking end of the 1st, it’s probably a Miles Sanders.

And I’d probably want a tier 1 WR. 

Nothing’s guaranteed, but using ADP, that  makes it a harder decision to take a TE. 

Is it a mock? A real draft? What’s the scoring?  Are you comfortable with Gurley/Gordon?

Love the WRs at least. 
Real draft. Only need one of gurley or Gordon to hit. Ronald Jones is a decent fallback. I’m going to try and secure Lindsey and the Atlanta handcuffs are cheap

Just had a draft (.5 PPR, start QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex) - I went TE heavy (first 10 picks):

1.7  Henry

2.6 T Hill

3.7 Kittle

4.6 Gordon

5.7 Singletary

6.6 Marq Brown

7.7 Lindsey

8.6 Gronk

9.7 Lazard

10.6 Wentz

:shrug:

Just had a draft (.5 PPR, start QB,2RB,3WR,TE,Flex) - I went TE heavy (first 10 picks):

1.7  Henry

2.6 T Hill

3.7 Kittle

4.6 Gordon

5.7 Singletary

6.6 Marq Brown

7.7 Lindsey

8.6 Gronk

9.7 Lazard

10.6 Wentz

:shrug:
How many teams?

I don’t mean for this to be a “HSG will rate your team” topic, but I kinda feel like it’s needed if we’re evaluating the strategy. 

Thoughts - again, very thin at RB behind Henry with 3 dudes I’m not sure have a full time job. Not a killer, but you likely won’t get elite production out of any of Singletary, Gordon or Lindsey unless part of their RBBC gets hurt. Gordon might be your best bet of the 3 for upside. 

I fear Gronk is going to be a TD or bust guy, while Howard works as the primary target TE between the 20s, but I could be wrong. I hope I’m wrong as I have Gronk in dynasty & would love to flex him at one of my several flex spots. 

I have concerns about Wentz & that OL, and his receiving corps isn’t impressive, but he’s a gamer.

I love your first 3 picks & there’s a chance Marquis Brown gives you consistency if the playoffs were any indication. He’s a bargain in the 6th if this is a 12-team league. Heck, Hill making it back to you & Kittle that late in the 3rd - you got some bargains for sure. 

Agree with all your points HSG.  Reality is that it’s hard to have a solid backfield if you take a TE early and don’t completely sell out at WR.  

As FF strategies change over the years, I think the number 1 strategy I continue to employ is staying balanced position wise early. I generally have the most success when I draft several positions with my top 3-4 picks. It allows you to grab value and choose BPA through the draft.  Elite TE really plays into that.   👍 

Agree with all your points HSG.  Reality is that it’s hard to have a solid backfield if you take a TE early and don’t completely sell out at WR.  

As FF strategies change over the years, I think the number 1 strategy I continue to employ is staying balanced position wise early. I generally have the most success when I draft several positions with my top 3-4 picks. It allows you to grab value and choose BPA through the draft.  Elite TE really plays into that.  👍
That seems to be the trend with the teams posted.

with the depth at WR, I feel like to really crack the code of elite TE strategy you need to go big on RB in your first 4 picks. It’s hard because you miss all the sexy top tier WRs.

I mocked like this a few times last night & came up with some decent squads that I had more confidence in. None had a WR with top 5 potential, but they all seemed like serviceable WR2-Ish guys with relatively safe floors. 

I only asked because I was gonna throw out a CMC, Kelce, Kittle start and watch people go nuts
12 team  20+ year league all vets.....  1 2 3 111 1flex  half pt  ppr From the 2 hole I started  Barkley and when Kelce came back to me near the turn I took him...had no intention of doing it.....  Got Conner after pondering a less than Ideal  choice of WRs  (and knowing rbs would be crap in  the almost 2 whole round wait)   got Allen Robinson as what I saw to be the last potential WR1......  then at the turn I was stuck....rbs were trash as I expeced  Wrs all looked alike......but for some reason Andrews had slipped to the 5th round?  First time I have EVER taken 2 of the top TEs.....Just too  much  chance of the rest of the team being awful.......  As it turned out I ended up with a really deep of potential wrs...... but a short 4 person rb  group.   Had to do it all over again I would  probably do the same thing though because,  while I would have ended up with anextra rb or 2 they wouldnt have been quality.  My full roster:PL

Matt RyanQBATL

Saquon Barkley RBNYG

James Conner RBPIt

Diontae JohnsonWRPIT

Terry McLaurinWRWAsh

Allen Robinson WRCHI

Mark AndrewsTEBAL

Travis KelceTEKAN

Jason MyersKSEA

Chicago BearsD/ST

Jared GoffQB

Kareem Hunt RBCLE

Dion LewisRBNYG

Latavius MurrayRBNOR

Parris Campbell WRIND

Jerry JeudyWRDEn

Breshad Perriman WRNYJ

Preston Williams UNICORNMIA

12 team  20+ year league all vets.....  1 2 3 111 1flex  half pt  ppr From the 2 hole I started  Barkley and when Kelce came back to me near the turn I took him...had no intention of doing it.....  Got Conner after pondering a less than Ideal  choice of WRs  (and knowing rbs would be crap in  the almost 2 whole round wait)   got Allen Robinson as what I saw to be the last potential WR1......  then at the turn I was stuck....rbs were trash as I expeced  Wrs all looked alike......but for some reason Andrews had slipped to the 5th round?  First time I have EVER taken 2 of the top TEs.....Just too  much  chance of the rest of the team being awful.......  As it turned out I ended up with a really deep of potential wrs...... but a short 4 person rb  group.   Had to do it all over again I would  probably do the same thing though because,  while I would have ended up with anextra rb or 2 they wouldnt have been quality.  My full roster:PL

Matt RyanQBATL

Saquon Barkley RBNYG

James Conner RBPIt

Diontae JohnsonWRPIT

Terry McLaurinWRWAsh

Allen Robinson WRCHI

Mark AndrewsTEBAL

Travis KelceTEKAN

Jason MyersKSEA

Chicago BearsD/ST

Jared GoffQB

Kareem Hunt RBCLE

Dion LewisRBNYG

Latavius MurrayRBNOR

Parris Campbell WRIND

Jerry JeudyWRDEn

Breshad Perriman WRNYJ

love this team

Matt RyanQBATL

Saquon Barkley RBNYG

James Conner RBPIt

Diontae JohnsonWRPIT

Terry McLaurinWRWAsh

Allen Robinson WRCHI

Mark AndrewsTEBAL

Travis KelceTEKAN

Jason MyersKSEA

Chicago BearsD/ST

Jared GoffQB

Kareem Hunt RBCLE

Dion LewisRBNYG

Latavius MurrayRBNOR

Parris Campbell WRIND

Jerry JeudyWRDEn

Breshad Perriman WRNYJ

Seems like a lot of value fell to you later than ADP would suggest? 

ARob, Kareem Hunt, Andrews, McClaurin all kinda go within about a round. 

can you post round by round?  Love the team but I’d like to see how close to ADP those players went - seems maybe your league mates could have been asleep at the wheel. 

From the 9 tonight. FPC TE Premium. This is ridiculous. I swear to God I worked out like 3 build plans that didn't involve taking an early TE or QB. But these guys fell in my lap. BTW, the guy in the 10 spot behind me went Kelce and then Tyreek - if I hadn't taken Mahomes he would have got the stack. That wasn't a factor in why I took him there. I did one draft that I posted above where I went Kelce and then Mahomes at 2.05, so......falling to 3.09 here is too good for me to pass up. I cannot believe Thomas fell to 9. This is basically a zero-RB draft.

Mahomes, Minshew

Dobbins, Hunt, Lindsay, Hines, Love, Vaughn, Darrel Williams

M Thomas, McLaurin, Slayton, Hardman, Watkins, Edwards, Claypool

Kittle, Higbee

Bucs, Zane G

ETA in another one of these I took Thomas at 1.03

can you post round by round?  Love the team but I’d like to see how close to ADP those players went - seems maybe your league mates could have been asleep at the wheel. 

Saquon Barkley RBNYG  1.2

Travis KelceTEKAN  2.11

James Conner RBPIt 3.2

Allen Robinson WRCHI 4.11

Mark AndrewsTEBAL  5.2

Terry McLaurinWRWAsh 6.11

Kareem Hunt RBCLE 7.2

Matt RyanQBATL 8.11

Diontae JohnsonWRPIT 9.2

Latavius MurrayRBNOR 10.11

Jerry JeudyWRDEn 11.2

Preston Williams UNICORNMIA 12.11

Jared GoffQB 13,2

Chicago BearsD/ST 14.11

Breshad Perriman WRNYJ 15.2

Jason MyersKSEA 16.11

Parris Campbell WRIND 17.2

Dion LewisRBNYG 18.11

One factor is Qbs tend to go a bit early in this league  so that throws the ADP off a bit but the other factor was that Once I took 2 te's  then te's started going off the board  a bit prematurely (unintended consequence that  made me grin from ear to ear)  Everybody but 1 guy has been in the league for at least 10 years.  Its competitive enough that before last year  I as the commish hadnt won the league in 15 years.  

Saquon Barkley RBNYG  1.2

Travis KelceTEKAN  2.11

James Conner RBPIt 3.2

Allen Robinson WRCHI 4.11

Mark AndrewsTEBAL  5.2

Terry McLaurinWRWAsh 6.11

Kareem Hunt RBCLE 7.2

Matt RyanQBATL 8.11

Diontae JohnsonWRPIT 9.2

Latavius MurrayRBNOR 10.11

Jerry JeudyWRDEn 11.2

Preston Williams UNICORNMIA 12.11

Jared GoffQB 13,2

Chicago BearsD/ST 14.11

Breshad Perriman WRNYJ 15.2

Jason MyersKSEA 16.11

Parris Campbell WRIND 17.2

Dion LewisRBNYG 18.11

One factor is Qbs tend to go a bit early in this league  so that throws the ADP off a bit but the other factor was that Once I took 2 te's  then te's started going off the board  a bit prematurely (unintended consequence that  made me grin from ear to ear)  Everybody but 1 guy has been in the league for at least 10 years.  Its competitive enough that before last year  I as the commish hadnt won the league in 15 years. 
Yeah, that’s a very, very atypical result I’d say. Looking at Fantasy Football Calculator’s ADP for 3327 drafts between 8/21-8/30, . 

kelce - 2.09, ok that’s close but in mocks I rarely see him last past 2.04

Conner - 2.11, so 3.03 isn’t outrageous. I’ve seen him make that turn in mocks. Still low end. 

ARob is 4.06, so 5 picks later but I’ve never seen him make it out of the 3rd in mocks.

Andrews is 4.06, a round earlier than you got him

McClaurin is kind of insane at 6.11, since his ADP is 5.11

Hunt’s ADP is 5.08 & you got him at 7.03? 😳

Ryan 7.12, ou got him 8.11

Dionte went 1 pick later than ADP

Latavius Murray - 8.12, you got him at 10.11?  Jeez.

Perriman’s ADP is 14.06, you got him 15.02

IParris Campbell in the 17th, and he has an ADP of 14.03, - he shoulda been gone by the time you took Perrman. 

I’ve gotta wonder who your league-mates we’re drafting because QBs going early or not, you got significant value every round after 1 except 9.03

You should crush this league. They let you have bargains everywhere. 

Yeah, that’s a very, very atypical result I’d say. Looking at Fantasy Football Calculator’s ADP for 3327 drafts between 8/21-8/30, . 

kelce - 2.09, ok that’s close but in mocks I rarely see him last past 2.04

Conner - 2.11, so 3.03 isn’t outrageous. I’ve seen him make that turn in mocks. Still low end. 

ARob is 4.06, so 5 picks later but I’ve never seen him make it out of the 3rd in mocks.

Andrews is 4.06, a round earlier than you got him

McClaurin is kind of insane at 6.11, since his ADP is 5.11

Hunt’s ADP is 5.08 & you got him at 7.03? 😳

Ryan 7.12, ou got him 8.11

Dionte went 1 pick later than ADP

Latavius Murray - 8.12, you got him at 10.11?  Jeez.

Perriman’s ADP is 14.06, you got him 15.02

IParris Campbell in the 17th, and he has an ADP of 14.03, - he shoulda been gone by the time you took Perrman. 

I’ve gotta wonder who your league-mates we’re drafting because QBs going early or not, you got significant value every round after 1 except 9.03

You should crush this league. They let you have bargains everywhere. 
Yeah I was very lucky to get my last 2 rbs where I did for sure....and the whole reason I ended up with 2 stud tes in the first place is because Andrews  slid to me.  Late round picks bounce all over the place so  thats mostly a matter of prefference  ...but yeah  2 positions going early  caused a snowball effect  of value for those of us waiting late for  qb's and  those waiting late for te's.

..but yeah  2 positions going early  caused a snowball effect  of value for those of us waiting late for  qb's and  those waiting late for te's.
That’s generous of you. I’d say your league-mates were sleep at the wheel here.  There’s no way you should have 1/3 of your team.  QBs explains the Kelce slip, but not much else. And if RBs were one of the positions they went for, how is Hunt 2 rounds later? And Murray? 

For the purpose of this topic’s question, I view your team as an outlier.  I mocked “elite TE” from the 1.03 spot 4 times last night and didn’t get Kelce once. Kittle was only available at 2.10in 2/4 mocks. 

That said, I was able to build a few nice teams going RB/TE/WR/RB/RB, so I am warming ever so slightly to the idea of taking Kittle of one of the WRs I want in the 2nd isn’t there. 

As expected it is a more strenuous draft, but that can be motivating too. 

Users who are viewing this thread