What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Enough for Barkley? Keeper league. (1 Viewer)

Avery

Footballguy
14 team, PPR, 6 pts TD, 3 keepers, QB / 2-3 RB / 2-3 WR / TE / K / TD

Giants fan here trying to get up to the 1.01 and we haven't declared keepers yet.

My best keepers are three of D. Watson, L. Fournette, A. Collins, A. Cooper.  Is offering up Cooper my 1.05 and 1.10 enough to get to 1.01 or at least enough to get the conversation going?

The guy hasn't told me much so I'm not sure where his head is at but his keepers are very weak with K. Allen being his only legit keepers.

Thanks!

Edit to add: There is no draft pick penalty for any keepers.  We just pick three guys to keep and once we have them, we can keep them for as many years as we like.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say you are giving up too much. Offer Cooper plus 1.10. I would not include the 1.05. You can draft a very talented RB in a good situation at the 1.05. 

I would say you are giving up too much. Offer Cooper plus 1.10. I would not include the 1.05. You can draft a very talented RB in a good situation at the 1.05. 
Intersting.  I thought it wouldn't be enough.

Since it is 14 teams and we have to start 2RB (and can start 3) all decent RBs tend to be kept leaving only rookies out there.

Intersting.  I thought it wouldn't be enough.

Since it is 14 teams and we have to start 2RB (and can start 3) all decent RBs tend to be kept leaving only rookies out there.

Cooper + 1.10 isn't enough.

OP needs to offer 1.05 and Cooper and see what happens.  Other owner could say no.
I am higher on Cooper and lower on Barkley than most if that helps with perspective. If Cooper + 1.05 is the consensus, go for it. I would rather keep Cooper, Fournette, and Watson and take a chance at 1.05 for a different rookie running back or the next best piece thats been tossed back. 

I am higher on Cooper and lower on Barkley than most if that helps with perspective. If Cooper + 1.05 is the consensus, go for it. I would rather keep Cooper, Fournette, and Watson and take a chance at 1.05 for a different rookie running back or the next best piece thats been tossed back. 
I hear you and it may be a moot point because the owner just hit me back and he's likely not moving from that pick, but with three keepers in a start 2-3 RB league, RB studs are gold and if you can put together a couple of them, you can dominate for years since you can keep them forever.

That's fair.  I am kind of in reverse.  I really like Barkley and have soured on Cooper over the years.  We can agree to disagree.

I said it in perspective that the other owner would never accept the 1.10 and Cooper for Barkley, even if it could be argued that's fair.

Based on the format and what the OP has stated, it sounds like Barkley is a very hot commodity.  Since it is a keep forever I don't see the guy moving the 1.01 pick at this point. 

Well, it's all a moot point because he is just not trading the pick.  Traded away the 1.01 before the rookie draft a few years ago and is still bitter at not getting Elliott so he is just not going to trade the pick away.

Thanks for the advice anyway.

Avery said:
Well, it's all a moot point because he is just not trading the pick.  Traded away the 1.01 before the rookie draft a few years ago and is still bitter at not getting Elliott so he is just not going to trade the pick away.

Thanks for the advice anyway.
Might consider trading for Elliot to get Barkley. Not that you'll have an easy time with that either.

Just trying to help keep the dream alive. I will say on the other side. It sucks when the Giants and your Fantasy Football team suck though.

Users who are viewing this thread